Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Witchy ways (Open to witches)

Cassia sat outside a small cave on Dagobah, having recently found herself on the strange planet. For now she would remain here before moving on again. Having come from the rocky ocean world of Bestine, the lush forests and swamps of Dagobah were like nothing she had ever seen before. She rather liked it here, even with the strange creatures that seemed to dwell within the murky swamp waters. Her camp was kept small and simple, just enough of the essentials to keep her going. She prodded her small fire with a stick, watching the embers fly up into the chilly afternoon air. Cassia had set a small kettle above the fire, waiting for the water to boil; a cup of tea would help chase the cold from her bones. She began to rummage through her rucksack, finally pulling out a small cloth tied with twine. Back home on Bestine she and her family had grown a myriad of herbs, and she’d brought along some dried mint and chamomile. Her supply was beginning to run low, so she decided that she would savor the last cups brewed from them, it was a small taste of home.

She took a seat on the ground near the mouth of the little cave and closed her eyes. So far her travels had been a whirlwind, and she was feeling thankful for a chance to recharge. Having only recently discovered her roots in the world of witches, there was much to ponder. Cassia sat silently, concentrating on the rhythm of her breaths, and listening to the ambient sounds of the forest. She could feel the force all around her, especially in the tall trees that towered above. It was wild and feral; something she knew needed to be tamed. Cass could feel the tendrils of the force reaching out and brushing by her, but she couldn’t take grasp, not yet. She was getting lost in the flow, swaying slightly, as the force swirled around her. Dead leaves and small twigs lifted from the ground and began to take flight around the young woman, though she was blissfully ignorant of this fact.

A sound nearby shook her concentration and her blue eyes snapped open in time to see leaves and bits of debris falling back to the ground. She was confused and feeling a bit disoriented. Her eyes shifted and she looked about, she had the distinct feeling that someone was nearby. Cassia started to pick a few leaves and twigs from her long brown hair and looked down at her kettle again. The water was nearly ready for tea.

[member="Tabok Kahlu"] & any other witches

Dagobah. Even in her time Salaza had heard tales of this place. This planet had a deep connection, with both the Force and the Wild Power of magic. The Nightsisters new of it but never dared to traverse the planet. Mainly due to Dathomir having it's own greater power. It had been a long time since Salaza had ever thought about it until now. She needed to find a way to become stronger with magic, a way of building her power. This place would be a good start. After commandeering a ship from the Primeval, a small private shuttle, she'd made her way to the swampy planet itself. Still dressed in her blue and grey uniform, with a cape of feathers to match the avian-like appearance she expounded, Salaza knew she would stand out to any and all lifeforms present on the planet. Fine with her. She wanted to stand for something. She was. after all, the herald of the Winged Goddess herself.
When the shuttle finally touched down on Dagobah many small creatures scattered at the large ship entering their domain. Those that remained soon fled when the docking plank came down and revealed the horrible bird-like monster that stepped down. The Miraluka witch looked about the nearby area with her unseen eyes as she tried to figure a good place to look for strong magical presence. But then she'd caught something. Not with her eyes, but with her nose. Something was brewing off in the distance. Tea? Someone else was here. If they were friend or foe she'd soon find out.
Despite the swampy terrain Salaza managed to traverse through the muck and water thanks to the well places spots of land. Even her cape seemed to have a mind of it's own, taking care not to be caught in any trees or snagged on weeds. Eventually she stepped out of the clearing and into the area where she found the pot of tea, and the one who was brewing it. A young woman. It was still hard to say if she was friend or enemy. She only stood silent and waited while one hand was tucked under her cape, ready to draw her secret weapon if need be.
[member="Cassia Edric"]

Cassia was pouring herself a cup of tea when a woman appeared at the edge of the clearing. The young woman remained seated, letting her eyes scan over the new arrival for a moment. The woman’s eyes were hidden, making it much more difficult to try and judge her intentions. Though, Cass took note of the fact that the woman did not appear to be on the offensive. She grasped the small metal cup tight, taking in the warmth and then took a small sip. Cassia did have another cup, and she filled it with tea, letting the aroma of fresh mint fill the area. Slowly she rose and began to approach the other woman, hopefully making it very clear that she meant no harm. Cassia had come to Dagobah with only a small dagger, but it was stashed away in her bag at the moment, though she really was rubbish when it came to fighting.

“Would you like some tea?” Cassia asked, holding the cup out. “It’s mint with chamomile.” She nodded, hoping that this offering would appease. Cassia was not a shy person, speaking to strangers was just another way to meet new faces. Once she had set down on the planet she had met more wildlife than people, and she hoped that this could be the start of some friendly conversation.

[member="Salaza"]

As she rose Salaza tensed even more, her hand like a hair-trigger ready to pull. She still stayed still even as she approached with the tea, looking at it and then looking at her once she offered it. She remained still for a moment, considering if it was poisoned or not. Salaza wasn't exactly one to trust people right off the bat. That sort of thing needed time. Her free hand reached out to take the cup, the clawed gloves she wore acting to delicately to not scratch the girl as she did, before sniffing it. No distinct aromas, other than what she said was in it. She looked back to the girl, figuring it wasn't poison, before nodding and sipping it. The tea was rather good.
Finally Salaza spoke, her voice like a raspy whisper and yet echoing loud enough to be heard by any nearby "Who are you? Why are you here?"
[member="Cassia Edric"]

Cassia was relieved when the other woman accepted the tea, though it was very apparent to her that she approached it with caution. She stood still as the woman spoke to her, her voice came like a whisper. “My name is Cassia.” She said, deciding to keep things simple. “I am resting here before I continue on my travels.” A slight motion with her hand pointed the way towards the small camping area she’d set up outside a cave. It was true that Cassia had specific reasons to be on Dagobah; she needed to further her knowledge of the witches and their magic, but thought it may be best to keep this information to herself for now.

“Who are you?” The teen spoke up, unafraid of the other woman’s slightly intimidating appearance. Her head tilted to the side and she stood her ground. Cassia was a curious girl, most of the galaxy was new to her, and she knew that she had much to learn. However, the fastest way there was often to ask questions, something that came easily to her. “You are welcome to join me, if you’d like.”

[member="Salaza"]

She seemed a simple enough girl. And it was more and more clear to Salaza she was not a threat. While Salaza would keep a weary eye on her it was clear she was not going to attack unless provoked. She had no real reason to. In fact there could be a opportunity gained from this little meeting. Before introducing herself Salaza gave a raspy "Thank you." bowing her head slightly before making her way over to a nearby seat. She fixed her cape and sat up straight, showing a more sophisticated, if more avian, appearance. "I am called Salaza." she continued the conversation. "I am here seeking.... power. Through magic."
[member="Cassia Edric"]

Cassia smiled finally once the other woman had a seat, and she followed suit, sitting down next to her small camp fire. She listened as Salaza introduced herself, and mentioned something very interesting. She was here seeking power and magic, it seemed that they were on similar pilgrimages. The teen added a few more pieces of wood into the flames. The warmth of the fire was nice, but it was unmatched by that of the tea. Cassia helped herself to a bit more and motioned to the kettle, indicating that Salaza could have more as well. She took another sip of the minty brew and let out a content sigh.

“Are you a witch?” She asked rather suddenly, her blue eyes focusing on her new companion. “I am, but I am just beginning to learn the ways.” Cassia said with a slight nod. If Salaza was also a witch, it could prove to be a most beneficial meeting for the young student, for she was seeking out those that were like her.

[member="Salaza"]

"I am more than that." she said, sipping her tea. "I speak for the Winged Goddess herself. I am her herald. But I cannot be a true herald without first learning the powers of magic itself. I have...limited abilities. I need more. I must have more." The way she spoke indicated a very determined, if a bit obsessed, nature in her search for magic. Despite her saying so Salaza did not make any indication of [member="Cassia Edric"] being a witch. She only figured a fellow magic user and left it at that. Clearly she had different priorities in mind.

Cassia’s brows raised as Salaza spoke; indeed it seemed that she held a high rank. It was also very apparent that Salaza was not only interested in learning magic, but that she was driven by a very strong need. The teen had to acknowledge that her new companion seemed very dedicated to her cause. She took another few sips of her tea and looked down into the flames of the fire for a moment. “What sort of magic are you looking for?” She asked, hoping that Salaza didn’t mind her prying.

“I am also looking to learn.” Cassia nodded, she was at the point where she needed some direction, and felt a bit lost. “If you don’t mind, could I travel with you for a while?” She asked hopefully, though she didn’t want to impose. It could be very useful having someone more experienced to journey with.

[member="Salaza"]

Salaza almost seemed surprised when she asked what sort of magic she wanted to learn. She bluntly stated "All." as if it wasn't something that should be complicated to understand. After that she seemed perplexed when she asked to travel with her. Salaza put her tea down and approached the woman, her face coming so close to her's. It was unclear if she was smelling her or sensing her or what but Salaza continued to 'look' at her with unseen eyes as the force around her. "Why would you want to come with me? You don't even know me or where I come from. So quick to trust a stranger?" she asked, almost implying something.
[member="Cassia Edric"]

Cassia had been about to take another sip of tea when she found Salaza rounding on her. The other woman was but a few inches from her face, making Cassia lean backwards slightly to gain some space. Salaza’s questions were quite valid, but being naïve and perhaps too trusting was often a side effect of being young. Though Salaza’s eyes were hidden from her, Cassia looked back at her with surprise. After a moment the look on Cassia’s face hardened slightly, not enough to appear angry or threatening, but enough to show she would stand her ground.

“I only asked because it seemed we are both here looking for magic.” She countered. “I didn’t have a reason not to trust you before, but now I do.” Cassia answered calmly, she didn’t want to incite any further aggression from Salaza. “Go where you like, I won’t follow.” The teen was now decidedly determined to go on her own, especially if she was unwanted as a traveling companion.

[member="Salaza"]

Her answer wasn't quiet what she expected, though Salaza seemed content enough with it. So the girl merely wanted the same as her. Nothing more or less. So quick to want to follow someone interested in the same things as her. But where they after the same thing? Hard to truly say. With that, however, Salaza leaned back where she stood and said "Very well. If you want to come with me so be it." She returned to her seat and sipped down the last of her tea before adding "But let it be clear that just because I allow this, does not mean I trust you. Not yet."
[member="Cassia Edric"]

Cassia was relieved when Salaza moved out of her personal space and stood back. She turned away just slightly, trying to act a bit nonchalant, but she was very excited that Salaza had agreed to let her join her travels. The young witch listened to Salaza’s warning and she stood up to face her. “Understood.” Cassia answered simply, she figured that she would just have to earn Salaza’s trust along the way.

She moved about the small camp and gathered up her belongings, shoving most of them into her rugged leather rucksack. Cassia took up the tea cups, gave them a quick rinse with water, and then extinguished the fire. “I’m ready, where do we go from here?”

[member="Salaza"]

When [member="Cassia Edric"] had asked Salaza looked down at her empty tea cup. She was silent and it was hard to tell if she was thinking of stunned by something. She was so still and silent that she almost became like a statue. Finally she spoke, perking up and saying "I cannot sense anything. The magic here has faded. It must have gone back to slumber." She seemed upset by this, growing under her breath. "But there is somewhere we can go for true answers." She stood, tossing her cup aside, before saying "Come. We make for Dathomir. My home."

| MOUNT YODA
| Defense Research & Planetary Assistance Center

The blue skinned witch boy walked through the ruins of a Republic structure.

Eight hundred and forty years ago, the New Republic had renamed Mount Dagger in homage to the former grandmaster of the Jedi Order, and built there a research institute. Now it was just the shambles of old buildings. The Sienar Star Courier rested atop a landing pad overgrown with weeds creeping through cracks in the foundation stone. The white garbed tween strode through the rubble of building that had been exposed and shattered through time, the elements, and the upheaval of gnarlwood trees. A great many trees in fact, a byproduct of which was the evidence of great spider's webs and the shadowy giants hinted at in the darkness from which those predatory looms had been spun.

Cradling a young Amphistaff in his arms, the azure youngling had come to this world for a respite away from the wars of the Primeval or the academia of the Levantine Academy. An escape into spirituality. Time spent in prayer, in meditations on the Force, and in training his new pet.

Gently rubbing the serpentine-like biot under its chin, the purple-haired youth looked affectionately at the venomous pet -- who responded by coiling and then popping the boy in the mouth when its triangular head had lanced out with a 'kiss' of its snub-like snout. Making a sour face, the boy turned his head sharply away, the avoid the further prodding of the animal. Which, the Amphistaff now seemed more interested in trying to slither inside of the boy's tunic; interjecting its head between the neck and the open front collar as it struggled against the boy's hold to dive down the front of his shirt.

The appearance of a giant, knobbly spider presented just the sort of opportunity that the Pantoran had come here looking for.

Pulling the snake-like biot from out of his shirt collar, the tween motioned with his hands in a gesture intended to invoke the hardening of the Amphistaff's form into the distinctive quarterstaff like weapon of the Yuuzhan Vong. More durable than a lightsaber, and sharpen than the edge of a vibroblade. Setting his stance, the witch boy stared down the encroaching spider as he readied his...

...completely uninterested Amphistaff...

In fact, the snake seemed to have it's attention elsewhere. As the knobbly white spider charged toward the boy, the serpentine biot twisted from out of the tween's hand in pursuit of a leaf-tail rodent.

Well. All good things in time, right?

Stretching out a hand, an icy aura radiated from out of the child as he touched the Dark Side of the Force. "Sargon mara mesta." It was a rote prayer in the ancient language of the Primeval. The most archaic of witchcraft, the combination of the will and the word. As he uttered the prayer aloud, the boy made a sweeping gesture with the outstretched hand.

Pinchers snapping just inches shy of his flesh, the spider was ripped through the air by an unseen hand. The spider slammed hard against the ruins of an old building. The duracrete crumbling away from the impact, as the spider lost its footing as the structure collapsed behind it. His right hand now free, the boy reached to his belt where a silvery cylinder wrapped in black leather was suspended. Inverting the lightsaber so that the blade emitter was angled back along the length of his arm as he drew it, a blood red light was illuminated by the snap-hiss of the weapon.

A layer of frost formed at the boy's feet, as he looked over at the disoriented spider, waiting for it to make the next move. Under the Pantoran's amber gaze, the creature shuffled to one side as it scurried away from the small predator.

Watching the knobbly creature depart, the ghoulish light was extinguished as the boy returned the lightsaber to his belt. Turning his head, the youth looked down to where his Amphistaff had slithered off to. The biot was now coiled on the ground. Seemingly grinning, as though quite content with itself, for the leaf-tail that was dead in its jaws. Dislocating its own jaw, the serpentine biot's tail seemed to wag contently as the snake worked at swallowing the rodent whole.

And gaveth not a single chit what its master wanted.

With a sigh, the young witch secured the lightsaber and then bent down to recover his pet. This... training... might take a little longer than he had thought.

Below, there were other shuttles and signs of people lurking somewhere in the swamp. Perhaps their paths would cross as the boy's journey continued.

[member="Cassia Edric"] | [member="Salaza"]​

Cassia nodded at Salaza, when she said that the magic must have gone to slumber here. The young witch was only beginning to scratch the surface, so she decided to trust her new companion’s appraisal. She had heard tales of the clans in Dathomir, and she knew that this journey would have great promise. Cassia adjusted the shoulder strap of her rucksack and started to walk away from her camp site, but there was something that tugged at the back of her mind. The teen paused and looked around, but there was nothing to be seen with her eyes. “Do you feel that?” She asked, looking to Salaza and perking her brows. She couldn’t say for sure just what she had felt… was it magic or was it simply just a small disturbance in the force?

Cassia let her blue eyes close slowly and she reached out with the force. The images came to her fragmented and distant, but she had glimpsed a small boy with blue hued skin. Though, she couldn’t tell where he was; only that he was in their general area. “There’s someone here.” She said, opening her eyes and looking to Salaza. “…force sensitive.” Cassia added, as she let her gaze wander about the area again. The swamps were calm, the trees swayed gently in the small bit of breeze, and darkness was starting to creep across the landscape.

[member="Boo Chiyo"], [member="Salaza"]

Salaza had barley moved before stopping. She sensed it right before [member="Cassia Edric"] had aid it. Someone else was here. She looked towards the general area, her unseen eyes scanning the are around her. "Someone's come. Someone strong." she hissed. She looked and saw as the boy approached, blue of skin and seemingly young of age. She stepped foward in front of Cassia, almost in defense, as she hissed "And who are you, boy?"
[member="Boo Chiyo"]​

The Amphistaff had coiled around his arm for a nap.

The biot's slender form was interrupted, appearing bloated for the indistinct shape of the leaf-tail now slowly digesting in the belly of the snake. His right arm immobilized by the coils of the young biot, the Pantoran continued through the swamp whilst trying to ignore that pins and needles feeling as his arm went numb and then was 'awakened' by the constriction of the Amphistaff's coils as it slumbered on his arm.

Maybe instead of an Amphistaff, he should have just gotten a dog for a pet.

Occupied by the biot he was still trying to domesticate and tame, and being that he wasn't here on an assignment to kill anyone (for a change), the boy didn't bother with any form of Force Stealth. Instead plodding through the swamp, letting the Force and the will of the Primeval guide him as he trekked through the world so deeply mired in the Force.

It was no surprise, then, when he happened upon two others. Like him, gifted with an affinity for the Force.

Both were women, but one seemed... older? She came forward to ask who he was. Looking at the near-human lady, the boy felt no reason to lie. This was neutral space. There need be no faction politics here. "Chiyo, miss," the boy answered simply. "Boo Chiyo. I'm a cadet from the Levantine Astronautical Academy."

All of which was true. It wasn't a lie to omit some minor details.

His amber eyes moved from the older one to the other. A girl, still in her teenage years. Running a hand over the top of the Amphistaff's head, the youth pet the slumbering weapon as he gazed between the mismatched pair. "And... yourself, miss?" the boy inquired.

Was that even correct? What was the plural form of 'miss'? "Missus?" the boy ventured aloud. "Misses?"

Whatever.

Guys were always simpler. Dudes. Bros. Brahs.

See? Simple.

[member="Salaza"] | [member="Cassia Edric"]​

Cassia was slightly surprised when Salaza moved in front of her, but she peeked around to see that a young boy was approaching. He looked a bit young to be wandering alone, but he didn’t appear to be lost, in fact he looked quite self-sufficient. Though, she still had to wonder what he was doing here all by himself. Despite his somewhat innocent appearance, Cassia could feel that he was powerful; something about him was not quite as it seemed. She listened as he introduced himself, there didn’t seem to be any hostility or underlying threats. She moved to the side, a smile on her face as she looked at Boo.

“I’m Cassia Edric.” She said and nodded. “Are you here exploring?” Cassia inquired, tilting her head at him. Taking a note from Salaza’s book, she thought it best not to reveal their purpose for being here just yet. She would wait to see what Boo’s intentions were, even though he was pretty cute, she didn’t want to make any unnecessary trouble.

[member="Boo Chiyo"], [member="Salaza"]

The apperance of the boy's amphistaff had caught Salaza's attention. Under her cloaked cape she could feel her own apmhistaff, which currently disguised itself like a belt, stirring. She did not want the boy to notice. She did not trust him. Even for his age she could sense great power in him. [member="Cassia Edric"] was being nice to him but Salaza remained quiet and observant while keeping her amphistaff, Nightshade, under control. Having grown up on Dathomir Salaza had been shown and taught how females were superior to males, they only being good for brustish tasks and the like. A boy of this age with a powerful sense of agic was dangerous to her. She did not know his true intentions but she was ready to act if need be. That was why she was quick to defend Cassia, only because she valued her as another woman.
[member="Boo Chiyo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom