Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Witchlight

Coruscant.png

JEDI TEMPLE, CORUSCANT
MEDITATION CHAMBER
Contrary to all outward appearances, Alicio wasn't a Jedi.

Though he would forgive one for thinking so, were they to step into the shaded meditation chamber Alicio rested within. The only thing that seperated him from the average Jedi was his clothes- simple blacks rather than robes. The nobleman's legs were crossed in front of him, hands resting solidly on his knees, as his ignited lightsaber floated in front of his face, casting the room in shadows of black and blue. Alicio seemed to stare into the slowly spinning blade, gazing beyond with a concerned frown.

The Count was diving into the Future, letting the storm of the Force sweep him away wherever it would. The air around him seemed heavy, imbalanced, pressing down on his shoulders, spilling out into the hallway beyond. Ever since his visit to Alderaan, Alicio had been plagued by the future. Visions only seconds ahead of the present, continually fighting for his attention. It was more annoying than debilitating, but it's reason was a mystery, even as he meditated, searching for why.

He'd been at it for an hour already, with no progress. What he needed most of all was a break.

- Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic -

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Wandering the meditation rooms of the Jedi Temple, Dreidi was not always great at sitting still and allowing the Force to speak through her. She was often chastised for not connecting in the moment and letting the Force speak through her via visions and sensing the surroundings. Dreidi couldn't help but admire the people who were able to sit and be able to see visions. It seemed like a handy ability.

Entering a room, she spotted someone with a Lightsaber ignited as they meditated. Dreidi observed silently for a few moments, curious as to what the person could be attempting to do. Were they trying to have a vision? Sense the location of someone or something? Trying to just have a peaceful moment before a busy day? It was fun to guess what others might be doing.

There seemed to be an air of tension or frustration, as if they were searching for something in particular without much luck. Dreidi coughed politely, she moved in closer. "Sorry to intrude but I couldn't help but sense your struggles. Do you want to discuss the issue? My Master is always telling me a problem shared is a problem halved."

Alicio wasn't surprised by the sudden, polite disturbance.

He hadn't noticed the Jedi walk in, nor had he sensed her presence. No, he heard her voice echoing to him from the future, before she had even stepped into the door. Stubbornly, futilely, he held onto his meditation as long as he could, hoping for a last minute breakthrough that never came.

Finally, Introspect finished it's last lazy circle, and the Count gently plucked it from the air, disengaging the blue and black blade, and sighing heavily. His presence, that heavy pressure that coated everything, receded back, grey eyes focusing on who'd just walked in. He offered up a sheepish smile.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disturb your morning." With the tiniest of tilts of his head, Alicio gestured to a seat across from him. "But... I wouldn't mind a second opinion." He extended a hand to shake, as if he'd done it a thousand times before.

"My name's Alicio, and I'm having... precognitive issues."

Dreidi shook her head and smiled, "nope, no disturbances for me. I was wandering around pretty aimlessly truth be told." Dreidi laughed a little before settling down opposite the man. "I'm Dreidi Xeraic. Padawan learner." Dreidi stated, she wanted to be open that her knowledge and capabilities were a little more limited than the average Jedi around here. "Precognitive issues?" Dreidi tilted her head as she thought about it.

The whole Force visions stuff of future, past or even present events, it was something that still felt a little mystical and unable to control in terms of how they appear, most of the times through random meditations or dreams. Dreidi had only a couple in her life and most of the time they were surrounding her family. "I don't have tons of experience with the whole Force Visions aspects, they tend to be more a Consular or meditative occurrence and I never have the patience to sit there and meditate, haha." Dreidi joked.

She leaned back a little, "What are you trying to seek out? Perhaps you are looking for the wrong thing? Asking the wrong questions? The Force can be fickle like that, never giving you the exact thing you want or limiting the information it wishes to give out." Dreidi thought aloud, "Or could be that you are trying too hard to get the visions or answers and that isn't how this works. That you are just meant to go from what the small crumbs you have already received. From what I read, visions are often cryptic and vague, almost as if on purpose."

Dreidi was always aware that the conversation on the Force and Magick brought out her rambling, excited side.

"In that case," Alicio said, finding a smile, "I'm glad I could aim your wanderings a little."

Padawan Dreidi Xeriac wasn't a name he'd heard before. But that was fine, as it seemed she hadn't heard of him either. "It's good to meet you, Padawan Xeriac." Alicio straightened a little as Dreidi sat across from him, and he listened to her rapid-fire musings

The pale-skinned woman was quick to offer a few questions and hypotheses. Her eagerness to get to the bottom of the issue was a little endearing, considering he hadn't gone into detail on what that issue was yet. The enthusiasm to help was refreshing.

Though it did take him a moment to process it all.

"Mmm..." the Count hummed, figuring out the right response. "I... wish it were as easy as trying to see something. I've gotten rather good at that." He smirked. "The problem is that I can't stop seeing."

"You've heard of battle precognition before, yes?"
Alicio uncrossed his legs, letting them dangle over the side of the circular seat he found himself in. "Seeing just a split second into the future? Well... I'm stuck in that. The world is continuously playing in repeat before my eyes, and... I have no idea why."

"I've been trying to... look for answers. Let the Force take me where it will, but... my efforts have been unproductive."

"I don't suppose you have experience in having too much Force, have you?"
He chuckled, grey eyes sparkling like riverstones.

Nodding her head, Dreidi listened to what Alicio had to say and how the issue was presented to him. It was a curious position to be in, constantly seeing events just before they were to happen. Though she wasn't sure how to solve such an issue since it was a particularly unique and tricky situation that it seemed this person found themselves to be in. "Well, did you see our interaction happening before it did?" Dreidi was curious if there was a particular focus or if there was more a generalised vision seeing, that in itself could provide some answers.

"One could argue that you aren't seeing the world in repeat since visions are not necessarily accurate or solid predictions but possibilities, potential events of the future that could unfold. That was how I had always learnt Force Visions to be." Dreidi shrugged, "could be that your mind is too focused in this battle precognition mindset, that you haven't allowed yourself a chance to relax, set your worries and anxieties aside. Embrace some chaos." Dreidi chuckled.

"Could be that there is nothing to these visions. That you are searching for answers when the obvious solution is there are none. I mean, sometimes there can be no answer to the questions we hold." Dreidi shrugged once more, it wasn't helpful or necessarily a great answer but sometimes there was only limit to what the Force could do.

Shaking her head at his comment about too much Force, "from my experiences, never a thing as too much Force. Just a lack of control, focus." Dreidi offered a chuckle to demonstrate she wasn't being overly serious or dismissive.

"Well, did you see our interaction happening before it did?"

"Just a breath or two before you walked in," he offered, along with a small grin. He could imagine it being a little unnerving, knowing that he'd seen her before she'd seen him.

Dreidi was quick to continue her hypothesizing, and Alicio was quick to confirm parts of them. He was a bit of a seer, after all. "I've found the Future is often a... roiling sea of what could be. An infinite expanse of chaos, pushing and swirling and storming to become reality. But since my visions have been so close to the present, it's felt like I've been seeing the world twice. There isn't much time for the Future to shift."

"Could be that your mind is too focused in this battle precognition mindset, that you haven't allowed yourself a chance to relax, set your worries and anxieties aside. Embrace some chaos."

That got a frown from the Count. "Could be." He felt a bit of pressure land on his shoulders, but he pushed it away.

Finally, Alicio returned her chuckle with a tiny smile, though his was a touch more forced. "Focus and control. I was just trying that when you walked in. Hasn't... worked out for me so far."

"Honestly, I think I just need a moment away from it all."
He sighed, leaning back on his seat. "So, how much experience do you have in the Force? You seem... well-learned, for a padawan."

The fact that he had been able to see her entering and interacting with him moments before it happened wasn't unnerving but did grow the curiosity inside her. It did seem to be an experience he was not enjoying but a curious one that was happening and Dreidi couldn't help but wish to understand what was causing this more. Understanding aspects of the Force had always been a part of her life that had her focus, growing up she had a curious nature about how the Force worked and how one could use it.

"That's a good way of describing, I should keep that in mind next time an issue like this is brought up." Dreidi chuckled again. "I didn't mean to suggest you had a lack of control or focus, I meant more in general times when it comes to the Force." Her cheeks flushed at the risk of potentially offending someone with a statement like she made.

Tilting her head, "perhaps doing something non-Force based, doing something that occupied your thoughts other than this issue?" Dreidi pondered what could be that distracting, she was never really sure since training and learning was all she tended to do spending her time. "I use to play guitar and sing when I had more free time, perhaps a hobby could be what you need?" Dreidi remembered those activities helped recharge her mind when needed.

"Oh, my parents were both Jedi Masters, both lead the Silver Jedi Order at one point, so having former Grand Masters raising you, knowing the Force sorta is constant in my life." Dreidi shrugged, "I also trained from a very young age since my parents wanted me to control my abilities since they didn't want me to hurt myself or others by accident."

"I am not an expert though. There is so much I don't know, I just like to suggest ideas though 9 times outta 10, the ideas are something people already tried. Hahaha."

"I didn't mean to suggest you had a lack of control or focus, I meant more in general times when it comes to the Force."

Another kind smile tugged at the corner of his lip as he watched Dreidi attempt to save face. He decided to give her a bit of reprieve. "I didn't think you were. No worries."

The idea of a committed hobby sharpened his grin into a sardonic edge. "I... haven't had many hobbies. I tried to pick up guitar once, too, but I didn't have the time." Though he still remembered the callouses at the tips of his fingers. "I do bake when I can. Bread, mostly. And... I do enjoy lightsaber training a bit. That... might help."

Maybe he needed to relax. But he couldn't, not until he knew the Alliance was safe.

Dreidi's own storied history within the Jedi caught Alicio's attention. He crossed his legs, tucking them up onto his seat, grey eyes calm and attentive. He focused on her last statement first, nodding his head placatively. "It's not like I gave you much to go on. And... even if I have tried some of what you said, there's wisdom in trying again, being persistent. So... thank you."

"You said you've had to control your abilities."
Alicio canted his head to the side. "What's helped you... stay in control? Keep the harmony?"

Dreidi let out a sigh out relief. It was good to hear that her words were not misinterpreted as an insult or jab, she would have been devastated if they had. Relaxing a little once more, Dreidi took in everything that Alicio had to say. Nodding her head, Dreidi knew what it was like to have a lack of time, her musical touch had been slacking for a fair while now and she hadn't been able to perform or practice as much as she had wanted. "Lightsaber training is something that I enjoy doing. There was a time I hated it, mostly because people assumed I was trying to follow my father's steps."

"It can be hard to relax, there are always threats out there in the galaxy and peace is such a fragile thing to obtain. But if we don't, then we risk burning out, collapsing from within." Dreidi thought as she looked up, picturing the sprawl of stars in the night sky. "I think sometimes, we want to protect people so much that we forget that we need to take care of ourselves as well."

It was something that she had heard from her therapist when Dreidi had been attending therapy on a regular basis due to the grief and rough time she was having back in the CIS days. Dreidi tilted her head and thought about what she did to control her abilities. "I learnt to sing, to give myself control over Force Scream. It isn't a power that I have used since being in the NJO, but yeah. I didn't want a power that could burst from me and harm everyone around me and myself, so I learned to sing and gained control over the ability. With the Force and Magick, I think about what I want to do..."

Dreidi stopped and thought a bit more, she wasn't sure that was true. "I guess, I think about what I am wanting to achieve. I sense the Force flowing through me and I work with the flow, not against it." She shrugged, "with Magick, I listen to the voices of Dathomir, I listen to their pain and hurt, and I try to ease it through the use of their power." Dreidi rarely talked about how she used Magick since few would understand how it works.

Alicio cast an admirative glance over the Jedi Padawan. She was certainly wiser than her years would suggest. "Leave it to a Jedi to understand a galaxy of weight on one's shoulders."

"I think sometimes, we want to protect people so much that we forget that we need to take care of ourselves as well."

Alicio quietly snorted. "Valery told me something similar, once." Then, as if realizing something, he added, "Master Noble. And that... there are other ways to find happiness and fulfillment than just... heaping responsibility on ourselves."

When the topic of Magick was introduced, Alicio cocked his head to the side, a sudden shine of curiosity in his gunmetal eyes. "You're a Jedi... and a Witch?"

"Sorry, is that offensive to say? I've never met a... well, anyone like you before."

Dreidi shrugged, "less being a Jedi and more understanding doing such a thing because I do it all the time myself." Dreidi confessed, she had always put the weight of waiting to be better, stronger than her parents on her shoulders and always feared that she wouldn't even be a spark to their roaring flames.

Hearing Master Noble's name mentioned, Dreidi tilted her head curious, "well, I am sure she could offer much better insight on this issue than I could. I am sure she has known others to experience it. She has a wealth of knowledge." There was a bite of jealousy in her tone, Dreidi knew she was very early in her path but seeing others achieving such strength, balance and being so connected to the Force. It was hard for Dreidi to not want to achieve that or prove she was better. It was petty and likely came from being the youngest child and always wanting to prove she was better than her siblings.

"I am not offended. I am a Jedi and I am training in Magick, not sure I can be called a Witch yet... But I have been getting better with Magick so maybe I can be. The Nightsisters can be a tricky bunch to understand or talk with, especially when they find out that I am a Jedi." Dreidi mentioned, having history of not being accepted for taking the path of being both a Witch of Dathomir and being a Jedi. Sometimes both Jedi and the Nightsisters wanted her to choose a single path and stick with it.

She blushed slightly when it was mentioned that he had never met anyone like her, "well thanks, I guess haha. What about you? Are you a Jedi?"

"Well, I am sure she could offer much better insight on this issue than I could. I am sure she has known others to experience it. She has a wealth of knowledge."

Alicio detected a hint of admirative jealousy in Dreidi's tone, and had to fight to keep his face from breaking out into a sharp smirk. Leave it to someone willing to take the world on their shoulders to ruthlessly compare themselves to the paragon of the Jedi Order.

As Dreidi further explained her mixed skillset, Alicio leaned forward, a blinding curiosity twinkling in his eye. "Well... I don't think it's a bad thing, to tread the line. Take inspiration from as many sources as you can. The Force has... an intimate connection, with each of it's users. We all feel it differently, and we each have a path to follow that is distinctly... us." The Count smiled warmly. "Even if people don't always get it."

Dreidi's eventual question was an expected one. Alicio shrugged. "No, I am not. But before you go calling the Temple Guard, my wife is a Jedi. I've got permission to be in the training areas." In fact, his wife was a council member, not that he would throw around Amani Serys Amani Serys ' name like that.

"I'm on my own path, though I certainly feel a lot like a Jedi, sometimes." He studied the hilt of his lightsaber in his hand, passing a thumb over the sleek black metal. "But I'm actually a senator." He waited for Dreidi's reaction, knowing full-well the rocky relationship between the Jedi and the Senate.

She nodded her head, appreciative of Alicio's words of wisdom and of encouragement. It was pleasant to find someone open to understanding the ways she approached her learning. Though unorthodox, perhaps it would hold much value and if she was ever able to train her own Padawan, perhaps it would be training that could create new mentality within the Jedi that kept the Order in touch and not wither like others had. "I appreciate your words of wisdom." She gave a slight bow of her head in appreciation and respect.

"Oh. I wasn't going to call a Temple Guard, I figured that you would have had some permission to get here. The temple tends to be well guarded so not just anyone could enter and sit here for awhile without being caught." Dreidi stated, shrugging her shoulders since she didn't think there was much issue with non-Jedi visiting. While there was the dangers of Sith attacking or those against the Jedi doing similar things, it was also important to not distant or ostracise themselves to other Force Users and Non-Force Users.

She had read about Jedi who were disconnected from the wider galaxy and the consequences that wrought.

Hearing that the man was a senator had her curious, she rarely noticed the political plays of the Galactic Alliance and certainly wasn't away of the issues between the Jedi and Senators, that was an issue for others, she just did as she was told by the council and made sure she trained hard. "What is life like as a Senator and a Force User? Do others in the Senate know you are a Force User? Do they think that brings bias?" Dreidi was curious on how it worked but whenever she sat to try and read about it, she got drowsy and then took a nap. Every single time. It was truly bizarre how dull a holocron on the Senate was.

Alicio inclined his head to the Jedi Witch. He'd have been dragged out long ago, were he not allowed to be here. A perk of having a temple full of supernatural warrior-monks, he supposed.

"What is life like as a Senator and a Force User? Do others in the Senate know you are a Force User? Do they think that brings bias?"

Alicio rewarded the insightful questions with a low hum in his throat. "Well... I don't advertise it, though I do believe it's the worst-kept secret in the galaxy." He shrugged. "Our current chancellor is openly Force-sensitive, so I suppose that might help... alleviate whatever biases others might have against me, assuming they know."

The Count laid a finger on his chin, tapping it thoughtfully. "I suppose..." He took a moment to think. "Being a Senator, and being a Force User, means that the responsibilities of both are... magnified by the other. I have the ability to see the Future, and I have a say in the policies of an entire Alliance of planets. That's... a lot of weight on one person's shoulders."

"But I accept it. Gladly. And I try to do good, both with my blade, and with a pen."
Whether it was stepping into the line of fire with lightsaber extended, or approving funding for a relief project, he could do good.

A sudden thought broke through his serious demeanor.

"You said before, you enjoyed lightsaber training. When was the last time you sparred, Dreidi?"

Worse kept secret was an interesting concept for Dreidi. She didn't have many secrets herself and she tended to be very open about herself, however, she could see why a senator or someone more in the public eye might wish to hide aspects of themselves. "I had heard the current chancellor was a previous Jedi, I just wasn't sure if that would have made much impact in the hatred that had been felt before. For some it can be hard to release such strong feelings or emotions attached to certain views on Jedi and how we operate." Dreidi was being careful in the choosing of her words to make it seem like she was not being judgemental but understanding the difficulties it can be to change one's view when it had been so rigid. Something she had personal experience in.

"That burden can be a lot for one person. Might be why others have recommended you to find ways to release some steam, could be why the Force is giving you visions the way you have been getting them." Dreidi shrugged, "but then, attempting to understand the Force is like counting the number of stars in the night sky, we could spend a lifetime doing so and still only get a fraction done." She believed that for herself as well, even though she had a life expected to last 2,000 years.

Thinking on his question, "depends... Last time I had a good spar with someone, probably been awhile. I did have a spar with someone yesterday but my use of Magick quickly overwhelmed them so wasn't one that truly lasted any length of time."

"I had heard the current chancellor was a previous Jedi, I just wasn't sure if that would have made much impact in the hatred that had been felt before. For some it can be hard to release such strong feelings or emotions attached to certain views on Jedi and how we operate."

Alicio could sniff out political tip-toeing from a mile away. The gesture made him smile, softening his features. "That is... certainly true. There is certainly some distrust of the Jedi in the Senate. Power-hungry politicians who can't imagine a group of powerful people using their power selflessly." An oversimplification, perhaps, but not far from the truth.

Stress and the mysteries of the Force were two topics often on the Count's mind. He nodded to the padawan, some amount of playful defeat in his eyes. "Trust me, I've just about given up trying to understand... well, anything about the Force. Greater philosophers than me have tried and failed. But... maybe you're right. About the 'burden' thing." He let his lightsaber hilt spin in his palm, at a thoughtful tempo. "You know, seeing the future isn't the worst curse to have. There's so much to look forward to."

Alicio stood up, the spinning of his hilt in his hand picking up speed. "Well, I'm always looking for opportunities to get better with the blade. For those times words just aren't enough. I've never faced Magick before, so I may be just as easy an opponent for you, but if you're amenable to the idea... fight me?"

Would he lose? Most likely. But it would be a great way to let loose. Maybe it would help his visions.

At the very least, it might be fun.

She nodded her head, "especially since there have been things done in the name of Jedi, or for the Jedi Order that were far from what we are meant to stand for." There had been plenty of rumours, information and gossip about crimes done in the past by those who had claimed to be Jedi or working for the New Jedi Order.

"Well, if you are only seeing a split second ahead, then it isn't like you have long to look forward to it. And no one can ever surprise you." Dreidi would hate that, she loved surprises, pranks and those sorts of things. It had been long since she partook in them but there love was always there, especially when she can tease and make others jump out of their skin.

Rising up in time with the Senator, she started tying her hair into a bun. Rolling up her sleeves and revealing the heavily tattooed arms. She looked at him and grabbed her own Lightsaber hilt. "Maybe, but you know about my Magick now so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to use it on you. And we'll get to see how helpful your future seeing is." Dreidi smirked as she took a few steps back to create a respectable distance for the beginning of a sparing match.

"I can never say no to a new sparring match. What rules do you wanna set?" Sometimes some went all out, others restricted it to pure Force or pure Lightsaber only. It was something that Dreidi allowed her opponent set since she was the type to go all out till her body could no longer go. Adjust her Lightsaber to being non-lethal since she wasn't keen on chopping off the Senator's limbs in a sparring match.

Dreidi was quick to point out the flaws of his philosophical mumbo-jumbo, which was met with a small, annoyed grin. "Yeah, okay. I was trying to put a positive spin on a bad situation. And now it's ruined. Thank you very much." His smile ticked up, to let her know he was joking.

The padawan seemed amenable to a quick bout. Alicio nodded, finally rising from his seated position, and glancing around the room. There was some open space that would work fine for a duel, which the Count padded over to, his movements fluid, as if he were floating. He twisted a knob at the side of his hilt, setting his blade to a safe power setting. "Well, I don't know about Magick, but I've found my own... talents to be quite helpful." Finally, he activated his blade, a dark blue with a heart of cold black. "Anything goes. Just... let's make sure we're both walking away from this."

Alicio took up a casual, loose stance, his eyes flashing with the future. A smile shadowed his concentrating face.

"Your move, Jedi."

Dreidi froze for a bit when she thought she had upset Alicio right before the spar match. Then a massive wave of relief washed over her when he revealed that he had been joking. She was shaking her head that she had allowed herself to get got like that. Dreidi should have known better.

Setting the rules, Dreidi nodded her head, "I doubt sending body parts to your wife would go down well for me. Even if I mentioned that you agreed to such ridiculous terms." She let out a chuckle before igniting her deep green Lightsaber and held it in the reverse grip. The unique look of Alicio's Lightsaber was intriguing to her, she hadn't seen many with a black core before, not unheard of but not necessarily well known style of Lightsaber either.

She could see his eyes gazing into the future and knew that this was going to be an interesting duel. She wasn't sure how to get around such a technique but testing the waters first made the most sense. No point giving her best shots when she wasn't sure what she was dealing with in terms of skill levels.

Her Lightsaber was held in a firm grip, she shift slightly to the left and then sprung forward sharply as a predator would move on its prey. Her first few attacks were sticking with the reverse Shien form, make the opponent think she had only one way she could approach her attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom