Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Witches of Dathomir [Interest Check]

Ryn Starfall

R
Hello Chaos, I am I'm Ryn Starfall also known as Cord Starfall Cord Starfall to the CIS and Enclave Crowd, Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall to the Brotherhood of the Maw, NIO, and GA Crowds. Pluss a few other names.

I'm working on a small project with a few of my oldest and dearest writing friends Santeria Decuir Santeria Decuir and Vanya Aklin Vanya Aklin we are from a time and place before Chaos from which Chaos did come. At the ancient and old place we had a fairly lengthy and established history some of which Chaos used when they became their own thing and developed their own history. Yet feeling nostalgic I want to rebuild a little of what was with out stepping on the toes of what came after. Thankfully Chaos has a great Dark Ages Era that can act kind of as buffer for what might be or could be clashing histories so you can come into this community and do a lot of what you want with out stepping on to many toes.

As I got to working on this project my goal shifted a little from nostalgia to a more all inclusive idea. I worked out a way to distinguish the historical parts from the new parts or Chaos history parts.

Any way before I get to long winded I'm looking to see if their is any interest in Witches of Dathomir Faction outside me and my few friends. We are currently working on things and hoping to get some threads up by the middle or end of January.

If your interested please tell us below. Also Check out our faction page if you wish not allot there still a work in progress though open to those who want to help. :)

Ryn Starfall

R
I will give this until the end of the week but with lack of interest and other factors I think this idea is dead in the water.

Jorah zos Darnus

J
Witches have always been a tad niche on the board, even in the CIS where the majority were located for a long time.

The challenge that I see is that the various tribes are usually presented as being in conflict with one another's ideals. Those who follow the Book of Shadow generally don't get along with those who follow the Book of Law, and so forth and so on (the role of men in society, the use of Dark Side/Fanged God magicks, various cultural variations in practices, etc). So finding a common ground for a Witches of Dathomir faction beyond just magic would seem difficult.

Then again, there's handwavium for everything, I suppose.

Bottom line, good luck, but I think to be successful you'd need to define a unifying element that would bring different tribes to the table.

Ryn Starfall

R
There is one thing that does seem to unite most of the tribes. Not all but most and that is Dathomir itself, they are and for the majority have been an independent people. In fact in later EU comics they became a conclave of the Hapes Consortium (a sort of protection alliance) the reason being both peoples were fair ely independent.

What often drives witches together is the protection of their world from outside influences.

OOC it is why I'm proposing tribes being part of different Covens for instance Ryn and her tribe the howling crags are part of the dark Coven a coven of allied clans/tribes that opposed the sith rule and other outside rule before that after they lost power over Dathomir.

The idea is to unite as many tribes as we can under one coven preferably the dark one but others are to make to their own and at first it would be launching skirmishes against the peeps at the NIO on Dathomir.

Also part of the intrigue is covens and clans can each have their goals and ideals but are willing to put those aside to try and free their world again. If that happens then maybe the have a little internal struggle clans and covens struggling to be the ones encharge.

Ryn Starfall

R
I mean a Chisswitch would be cool. Actually I just like way that sounds chisswitch. Lol

But what ever you got would be welcome.

Ryn Starfall

R
Ryn Starfall

Love to do more Witches of Dathomir stuff! Dreidi was training to become a witch herself under Vanya so be great to build the training if possible!

Yeah Vanya is a bit busy in real life at the moment I finally got a chance to talk to her today. But certainly one could always help you in your training.

leans in Did someone say witches? :)

Indeed I did. ;)

Ryn Starfall as interesting as that would be for multiple reasons this current character is planned for a different group and purpose

I was just joking around about chisswitch thing, so no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom