Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish I May (Target Practice, Feel Free to Join)

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Focus on the breathing. Right, he could totally do that. Marek had been doing that for years now. Focusing on his breathing. And sort of working on that whole Force thing, in his own way. He needed to watch his target. One moving from a distance was not something new. But trying it with his eyes closed. That was new. He knew his rifle, this was his A-280. He’d built it from the ground up.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out, the Aspirant hopeful was getting himself to where he needed to be. He was prone, with the rifle laying out in front of him. He could do this. Keeping his eyes closed, after ensuring no one was down range, he squeezed the trigger, firing a burst of three shots down the range. Opening his eyes, he peered down the scope.

Only one? Wonderful.

“Frak.” He shook his head and checked the weapon again, making sure the powerpack still had rounds in it. He needed to get better at this. Sure, he wasn’t going after a living target, but the Force was supposed to work that way too, right? When to act? When to shoot? Peering down the scope, he squeezed off another burst.

At least he could still do it.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

When her brother @[member="Isley Verd"] brought her to the Confederacy, Ginnie's first thought was 'this isn't home'. The thirteen year old Mando took to the place like a fish taking to sluggish waters, she sniffled and huffed. Home was better. Home would be better when she could bring Isley back to Mandalore and Clan Verd. Yet, she promised she'd give it a try. What was a half pint Mando supposed to do to find the pulse of any place?

Why, target practice of course. The four foot and a bit tall girl came into the area in her armour weave, combat boots and Mando Blaster Carbine holstered over her hip. She tilted her head at the man laying with his eyes closed firing toward the target. She blinked. "There some sort of blind firing trick I don't know about?"

Ginnie got down on one knee and called up another target for herself, cocking her blaster carbine and firing thrice into the target. A cluster of three shots appeared on the top left corner. She grimaced. "Good gracious! Maybe if I tried with my eyes closed I'd get better than that, too! I'm Ginnie! Ginnie Verd!" She grinned bright and wide at @[member="Marek Starchaser"].

It had been a while since Aella had gone to target practice. She walked in, her usual knives in their place and an extra bag for practice.

She called up a target and flung a knife, getting a feel for it. She then spun, throwing another one, hitting dead centre. "Still got it." she thought to herself smiling. Bringing the target forward she took the knives out and sent the target back farther. She focused on it for a minute then closed her eyes and threw her knives again, each one hitting the target, one in the centre, the other just off to the left.

Setting up a moving target she threw each readied knife with anticipation of the movement. Her father had taught her well with countless hours of target practice.

"Aella Cadeyrn," she said with a nod to @[member="Marek Starchaser"] and the little mando @[member="Ginnie Verd"].

Corey's OOC

Really, no place was home for Marek. It wasn’t in the cards for him. He was hoping that this, among the Confederacy was going to fit, but he didn’t really know. He’d give it the fair shot, after all. What was it going to hurt? After all, it could only improve him, and maybe he’d find a home. Who knew? Hearing the voice reminded him there were other people around, or could be around. What he didn’t expect was a Mini Mando.

“Huh? Oh… that, just something I learned… or think I learned ages ago.” His parents did try their best to teach him, after all. “Using the Force, an’ all that. I’m a bit rusty.” That was one thing. And he had spent plenty of time hiding his Force ability, just in case. “Marek Starchaser. Nice to meet you, though, I didn’t think they made armor that small.” Right, try not to anger the locals, Marek.

And there was also the knife woman, he swore he recognized her from somewhere. Not that Marek was too good with names and faces, though, that was what caused him problems. “Knives, huh? A lot quieter than just shooting someone.” He smirked at Aella.

@[member="Aella Cadeyrn"] @[member="Ginnie Verd"]

"The Force, huh? I don't know how to use that, but it looks like you're getting it! Keep practicing. Practice is the key to all talent. Or was it the key to all glee? Happiness? Boredom? I don't remember." Huffling, the little Mando balanced her carbine back into her tiny hands and exhaled deeply. Three more shots in a tight grouping, closer to the middle but the girl had a ways to go yet.

"They sometimes do! If you prove you can handle it, and and you have a brother named Isley. I think the brother named Isley bit had more to do with it. Eheh. Nice t'meetcha, @[member="Marek Starchaser"]!" Ginnie went for Marek's hand, and if she got it, she'd shake it. Shake it something fierce! @[member="Aella Cadeyrn"] came with her throwing knives, and Ginnie perked up. "Woa! Fancy throwing, lady! I can! I can do that too! Look! Lookit!"

Ginnie produced a Kal dagger from her boot, it was wide and sizeable, nearly too big for her tiny hand but she hooked it around her finger and hurled it all the same. The knife set into the target to the right and south of the bullseye, Ginnie pouted. "That's not nearly good enough. Oh well! I GET TO PRACTICE THAT TOO! YAY! This day is the best! What… what are you using the Force for? Like, smission? Seeing with your eyes closed? Or! Or if you're not able to see, like you got something stuck IN YOUR EYE in a fight oh my gosh that would be so cool."

"Silent is necessary when you don't have the force to use." she said winking at @[member="Marek Starchaser"] "You need to be able to get in, make the kill, and get out without being seen."

Turning Aella saw Ginnie produce the knife and watched as she threw it. She smiled at her, remembering when she first started throwing knives. "Good, now in order to be able to do that with your eyes closed you have to get your form down with your eyes open first. It takes a LOT of practice to get it right. Like this." She slowly demonstrated to the little Mando, feet shoulder width apart, deep breathing, eyes on the target, arm straight back and letting go with a flick of the wrist, embedding the blade into the centre of the bullseye. "Always keep your eyes on the target. Eventually when you get to doing it with your eyes closed you'll be envisioning your target's position anyway." @[member="Ginnie Verd"]

Corey's OOC

One of the challenges with being in the galaxy again and not just around the galaxy, was learning how to deal with other beings. Marek wasn’t really good with kids, and well, some were worse than others. “I think its practice makes perfect?” Unless the Mandos had some other form of ideas. Happiness and boredom were both created and defeated with practice, after all.

“Family does a lot of good sometimes.” Other times, they just made the rest of the group feel a bit out of place, that was where Marek was. Maybe his dry tone wasn’t the smartest to be using around children, but whatever. He was talking about family, and the Starchaser line worked for the Imperial forces of this galaxy for a long time, mostly with Empires of the Chiss and Fel, which were very similar, anyhow.

Sure, the kid was bouncing around, but there was a little bit more for Marek to focus on. Not having the Force, that was tricky. He nodded “Yeah, I suppose silence can make almost anything work better.” Almost, there were a few things that just didn’t go over as well silently. “Watching for them with your eyes is only one way, you can hear them, if you listen right.” Really, Marek would just sense, and pull the trigger.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"] @[member="Aella Cadeyrn"]

"Eyes on target. Eeeeeyyyyeessss on target!" Ginnie retrieved her knife and brought it back to the firing line. "Used to do this all the time with my Mom. She'd take me to the firing range when the other kids picked on me 'cause of my ears." She continued to read their lips and levelled the knife again. When her hair moved, a mass of scarring peeked out from where her ears were. Launching the knife again, she hit closer to the bullseye. With another few years of practice, the girl just might get it right. @[member="Aella Cadeyrn"]

"Hmmmm. I oughta…." Ginnie brought out a blaster carbine - much larger than one would think a child should handle. If one thought a child should handle any weaponry. Ducking down on one knee, she started firing at another target, her clusters much closer together. "@[member="Marek Starchaser"], how's your Force-sensing coming?"

She watched as the little mando practiced. "I think you're on your way to being a pro" she said smiling @[member="Ginnie Verd"] "If you want you can come with me and I can help you practice next time."

Noticing the scarring around the girl's ear she was curious but chose to keep it to herself so as not to possibly embarrass the girl.

Aella turned and threw 3 knives at once, each hitting a target. "Bullseye" she said to herself with a smirk of satisfaction.

@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

It wasn’t that Marek wasn’t up for watching people, and engaging in conversation. Smiling to the Half Pint Mando, he couldn’t help but feel… what was it? There was something interesting about the Mandalorians, and their culture. Something the Starchaser could definitely respect, even if he didn’t fully comprehend it. Being observant, the Templar hopeful did notice the young girl’s ears. Rough life, or something? “Never had much skill in the throwing department, myself.” He figured that was fine, just needed to find a way to silence a machine pistol.

The firearms were his thing, though.

“I’m workin’ on it. Not that easy when you’re my age and trying to learn. Its like… thinking all over again.” He smirked. Really, that was something to get fed up with. “How’re you with it?” He looked from @[member="Aella Cadeyrn"] and her three bullseyes back down to @[member="Ginnie Verd"], where his recent question was directed.

"Yes! I want! I want muchly! I wanna learn! More tools in the belt." Ginnie sat up proudly before hunkering back down on the floor. The floor itself was chill to her touch, she preferred that, if she were an honest sort of child. Which she was. "You learn different rifles at your age, right? How is this different?"

In tandem with the scarring came the method in which the girl 'heard' her companions. Ginnie's face and eyes were always moving, seeking out @Merek Starchaser & @[member="Aella Cadeyrn"]'s lips.

"I'm just starting to learn how to use the Force, but… but I guess it's like my brother Isley taught me. The Force is a tool, like a blaster or a piece of Beskar'gam. It's there to help us, but not get us all wound up in it. So taking them deep breaths, and then getting all calm, that's like flicking the safety off, and then letting it do it's thing, after feeding it what you want. Why don't we try it together? Sounds kinda neat!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom