Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will I, dream?

[member="Aren D'Shade"]

Karro stumbled through the streets of dorsis, oil and fluid seeping from the gaping hole of torn wires and shattered metal that was once his left arm. He had gotten a little too confident in his assassination abilities, turns out a wookiee can really rip your arm out of socket. His ship, The Nightengale was docked across the street on top of an old warehouse, he had little time to find someone who could repair him.

The droid slumped down in a dirty alleyway, he activated a hologram of his "home" on his hand staring into the rotating image of the asteroid lab. He was incapable of emotion but, this was the closest he got to feeling general sadness. He deactivated the hologram and let his head fall back on the wall with a clank. The Droid's photoroceptors started to force themselves off as the droid slowly deactivated.

The young woman had just had a very interesting and disturbing encounter with a pack of thugs here and almost nothing more than to get off the planet. However she had noticed a lone droid, injured and wandering the streets here. Not one to pass up helping a droid, she started to trail him. Her companions following along. EL also wanted to leave but followed Aren along.

Almost losing the droid, she hurried her steps and wasn't listening to her headset. One too many times now that proved to be a detriment and something she needed to work on not listening to all the time.

Catching sight of him again as he wandered into an alley, she walked up as he photoreceptors started to grow dim.

Oh no you don't​

The message would be heard by his droid brain and she hoped it stopped him from shutting down.

[member="Karro Radin"]

Karro stopped as his red photo-receptors illuminated again. The droid sat himself up as he scanned the alleyway for life, he looked to his right and spotted an organic headed his way. She was being followed by several, droids? Karro's metallic voice activated as the blade in his arm extended from its slot in his forearm and gleamed in the streetlights. "A scrapper..."

The droid rose to his feet and extended the blade towards the girl stopping her in her tracks. "I may have only one good arm but Ive still got enough fight left in me to keep you from taking my parts scavenger!"

A minute ago, he was warming up to the idea of death, but he would be karked before he let a scrapper sell off his body.

[member="Aren D'Shade"]

Aren reached out with her Force ability to attempt to calm this droid.

I am no scrapper! These are my companions. Besides a scrapper wouldn't keep her goods with her or in such good condition.​

She understood he wouldn't feel emotions quite the same as an organic, but through the Force and her touch, she hoped her message would be clear. It was also true to point out the logic in her words and where he was wrong.

Facing off against an upset droid was not what she had in mind...

[member="Karro Radin"]

Karen suddenly felt, calm? The blade retracted back into his arm as he stumbled towards the girl. A moment ago he was on high alert but, she had said nothing aloud yet he heard her.

She was right, couldn’t be a scrapper with droids that well kept.

“My apologies, my last interaction with an organic wasn’t very pleasent.” The droid stumbled towards her and looked down on her, oil still dripping from his missing appendage. “How would you feel about helping me get repaired?”

@Aren D’shade

Letting out a sigh of relief when her skill worked, Aren allowed Karro to approach her. His weapon was not away and he had seen the truth of her words. Of course, his apology was empty words built into his programming, but meant to keep organics at ease. Now being on a level where they could communicate verbally, the girl spoke to him for the first time.

"I will help as best I can. Where was your home? How did you get hurt?"

Mayb​e he's had his memory wiped and was lost. Hopefully he would be able answer those questions and she could help him.

[member="Karro Radin"]

“You don’t seem like a threat. So I’ll be honest, bounty gone bad, Wookiee took the arm off like it was a twig.” The droid lifted his only arm towards the warehouse in the distance, “My ship is there and we’d better hurry before it’s impounded. As for home, don’t have one, but I have the place I was created and that’s where we going.

The droid started to jog off, regaining some of his stability as he gestured for the girl to follow him.

“Come on now, we haven’t much time.”

@Aren D’shade

"Oh I see. I can stop the oil leak so you don't loose all your lubrication."

In her bag Aren had all ​sorts of tools and tying the ends off of those exposed wires and tubes would certainly help. What he really needed was a place that had parts for him.

"Wouldn't the place you were created be your home?"

It was logic to her, but maybe not to him.

"Lead on. What should I call you?"

[member="Karro Radin"]

The two turned a corner and looked out to see a warehouse, in the open hangar door was the nightingale. The droid turned to face the girl, his voice straight and emotionless, “You can stop the leaks on the ship, as for your question. I am CD-109, but I would rather you refer to me as Karro.”

The droid pressed a button on his arm as the ships cockpit slid open and the two jumped in. Although the ship took a single pilot and had only one seat, there was sufficient space in the cockpit for another passenger to stand. As the ship rose into the sky and headed out of atmosphere the troop turned to the girl, “I have no home, and my creators no longer exist.”

Karro turned back to face the darkness of space, his voice straight and emotionless “Because I murdered them...”

@Aren D’shade

She and her companions followed Karro as he lead them to a warehouse nearby.

"My real parents are dead too. I never knew them though. Where were you created?"

Almost stopping asking th​e question when he said he had murdered his creators, Aren felt a stab of fear. However that went away quickly because she knew she could disable Karro if he did try to murder her too.

All of the climbed onto his ship and he took off.

"Why did you murder them?"

[member="Karro Radin"]

As the ship began to level out and switch into autopilot, Karro turned to face the girl and her companions. He pulled a tool kit from beneath his seat and slid it towards the girl, turning his damaged side to her so she could fix him for the moment.

“Precisely because I never asked to be created, as soon as I was uploaded with an AI I realized I had two choices. Live as a slave to the highest bidder for a brand new variant of war droid. Or, I could kill my creators, halt their production, and escape. As you can see I chose the latter. When we arrive at the facility I hope to find other secrets they had kept. Perhaps more weapons, maybe another ship.”

@Aren D’shade

Once their course was set, Karro produced a toolbox and Aren shook her head slightly. She had her own tools and would rather use them. They would do the same job the ones he had and she was familiar with them.

"Thank you."

Listening to what he ha​d to say though interested her.

"You would rather have not been created then? If we do find a ship...I need one. I'm sure I could learn to pilot one easily enough."

Bending her head to the task of repairing him, she paid attention to detail and slowly worked on each wire and tube to get the leaking stopped.

[member="Karro Radin"]

The droid peered at her companions, his head turning back to the girl, “Do they speak?” Karro sat completely still as the girl helped to repair him. He looked down at her as she asked him another question about his creation.

“I would rather not have been created to serve as a tool of death. I do just fine dealing out destruction on my own. Without a master. An odd concept I know, but killing is all I do, the money I make I use to find better ways to kill. Maybe it’s just my programming... you should have just left me in that alley.”

@Aren D’shade

When he asked if her companions spoke, they all started chiming at the same time. Eventually they all introduced themselves and assumed he could speak their language. The only one that actually could speak was EL.

"And this is Skeeter."

The porg had also tried to introduce himself, but didn't do more than squawk in Karro's direction.

"I understand, I think. You know that programming could be erased."

[member="Karro Radin"]

Karro mived back slightly as all the droids began to speak at one. He looked down and tilted his head at the small animal with and with a whirring sound of pistons he extended his arm out with an open palm to the porg. The creature jumped into his hand where he let it perch.

“I know, I could do that myself if I wanted. However I don’t dislike it, my work I mean.”

Karro turned his head to see a beeping monitor on the ships controls. “We’re here.”

@Aren D’shade

"You could? You're an odd droid you know that? Like you have a mind of your own and can think for yourself. EL can do that to some extent as well as Sam, but it's not the same. Are you a free droid?"

Aren had only heard of them, but never met one. Luckily she had finished the repairs on him as the ship announced they had arrived.

"What's down there besides a couple dead professors?"

[member="Karro Radin"]

Karro began to steer the ship towards the massive asteroid, just as the gargantuan rock turned to reveal the station buried into its side. A few small hangers outlined the white and windowed building.

If Karro could raise an eyebrow at her question he would. “I don’t know what I am. I know what I was made for and nothing else.”

As he steered the ship into the well lit hangar he looked back at her and shrugged “As for what’s here, your guess is as good as mine.” With a mechanical hiss and a jolt the ship docked, the cockpit living open once more.

@Aren D’shade

"So a sort of free droid. I see. You have your base programming, but a mind of your own."

Aren fell silent to allow him to guide his ship into the hanger that opened up for them. He had said he liked doing what he did and she couldn't fault him for that. In a way though she was glad she didn't need an assassin droid for anything. Once she got him fixed up, he would be free to do what he wanted and she hoped she would have a ship of her own large enough for her and her companions.

"I just hope there's an atmosphere here for Skeeter and I to breathe or this is going to be a real short trip."

[member="Karro Radin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom