Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Wild West themed SW adventures

That brings up an interesting thing to consider. There could be indigenous creatures but if people wanted to, maybe they could transplant animals from other worlds like blurrgs or banthas.

Speaking of animals, poachers could be a problem for the heroes to solve.

There could be a mission where the idea is a "cattle rustling" operation and the PC's have to provide support. Lonesome Dove was legendary for its depiction of cowboys moving the herd hundreds of miles to a new ranch. They came across all sorts of obstacles on the way, great food for role-play.

more brainstorms:

Indigenous tribes or maybe even a Mando enclave is another source of drama. Everyone's always fighting over territory and such. Maybe one of the tribes has in their possession a portion of Beskar, maybe even a suit. And the Mandalorians want it back. Other opportunists could make plans to seize the valuable commodity. Do the PC's take it by force or do they have to jump through cultural hoops to earn it back in fair trade?

An alternative scenario is a "Bank robbery"...maybe there's a vault or other place with a store of beskar and it's begging to be stolen by whoever can take it by force. A Mandalorian team-up? A group of opportunistic player characters?

The slave trade is alive and well on this planet, though it's on the DL. Smarteel is far enough removed from civilized space that it's still going on. There could be like a stable operating somewhere. It needs to be taken out. Or taken over, depending on your own ambitions...

One of the tropes I remember is the quack doctor who comes to town selling snake oil tonic. The charlatan could be anybody; a fugitive, a serial murderer, or other creepazoid. Or he could be a mad genius; being a quack is cover for someone who's deep into taboo alchemy, doing things others find to be anathema.

There could be a story about a swashbuckling "hero of the people" type of person...is this dood a bona fide Jedi Knight/Sith Lord? Or someone who took up the mantle of the Jedi and is using the trappings of such as some kind of elaborate charade? Is he a vigilante? Or is he bait to draw in bigger fish?

crapping out alot of ideas today LOL

Sorry I've been slow to get to this; there's been a big response but I don't know where I want to start a thread. I was thinking about a kind of Open post and let people establish themselves on how they wound up on Smarteel. That in and of itself is a great place to start...at the beginning.

I'm going to make up alot of stuff as I go along, so if I do something wrong, please help me out. I know that Smarteel is one of the canon planets, but I don't want to make anything that would violate the codex or get too far out from the Star Wars universe.

All that I know is that my Alt Wookiee character, Chordok Chordok is the Bounty Hunter's guildmaster for this planet, basically he's Carl Weathers/Greef Carga in Wookiee form. My Bounty Hunter Kronn K'taris Kronn K'taris is also on Smarteel as his base of operations. This account, Saija Kwann Saija Kwann will show up every now and again for business purposes. And I might even have Terraxia Terraxia show up, I had some backstory idea involving her.

Re: Places...I've decided to name the main town "Smarteel City" though people also just call it Smarteel. Just to keep things simple, it's not like there's alot of big cities on this planet. But we can make other places too like the Mando Enclave, some smaller towns, or whatever stories may require.

I eventually want to have related things in the Codex if I ever get around to organizing my ideas, but for now anything made up you can treat as not real canon to Chaos.

That's great! Space Pirates are welcome, I see you made yourself at home in "The House"

That reminds me, treasure hunting is a staple of both pirate and western stories.

Last edited:
I'm already starting to worldbuild in my head and it's slowly coming out. Like one of the other players decided to hang outside of the Cantina. Okay, place needs a name, so I threw one in, a little homage to a favorite sci-fi flick. And you've got to have a proprietor, so I threw together an avatar, but "Lady Zee" is just NPC status.

lJ7EwyV.png

I might have the Rodian come back as a recurring villain. And now we have a Swoop Gang too. This is fun as hell to make up stuff as the setting requires.

The buried treasure idea will may have to do with Terraxia, but for now it's on the back burner, I've got a few threads to juggle elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom