Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I fight...

Drett Savat felt the warm blood on his hands, he looked at his left hand. His hand was firmly grasping a silver object covered in crimson. In his other hand was a beskar sword. He began to look up, but passed out from exhaustion...his natural vision faded as he began to have flashbacks.

19 years ago, on the planet Duro, Drett Savat's life would be forever changed by one woman's careless mistake......

Drett laughed as his infant sister made a silly face at him. It was hard to find joy being a slave and all, but he did his best to. He surveyed the horizon, the sun was setting. He then rubbed his stomach, it had been a few days since he had a full meal, he had survived off a few scraps leaving the meat to his younger siblings.
''When will dinner be ready?'' he asked his mom who was warming the rations over an old oven.
''Just a few more minutes, hun. We'll wait for your father to get home.''
''Where is he?''
''I'm not sure. I think those troops are stopping everyone leaving the village.''
''Who are they again?''
''The 'Republic' or somethin'. Why they'd want to come to Duro is beyond me''

''Oh yah, is that cruiser still up there?'' Drett inquired.
''I saw it this morning, you go look''
Drett got up from the wooden chair next to the old rotten table and looked out the nearby window. There it was. The Republic cruiser was still there, it hadn't moved for days. It randomly jumped out of hyperspace one day while Drett was working the fields and positioned itself above a nearby spaceport only a kilometer or two away.
''Yah, wonder why they're here..''
''You and me both, hun''

''Did we get extra rations for Gimo?''
''No, that Hutt doesn't seem to care about your new friend.''
Drett would reach down and rub the head of the flee infested mutt that was, Gimo. He had found the dog in a nearby scrapheap for old and broken parts from the spaceport. He dog followed him home and stayed after Drett gave up his dinner to head the emaciated dog. That was a month ago, and the dog was still just as pitiful.
''Bummer, I guess I'll give him half of tomorrow's dinner.''
''Hun, you really need to save your rations for youself''
Little did they know that tonight, all their lives would be changed...

''What is for dinner? Pork or beef?''
''Beef. Cooler went out this mornin', pork goes bad quicker than beef does. I ran to the palace to get some ice, but when I got back the door had drifted open and this 90 degree weather doesn't help a bit'' Drett's mother wiped sweat off her face as he continued to stir a pot of stew.
''Got any bread?''
''Lil' bit''
About this time, the front door could be heard opening....

''Come out here and help me, Drett'' a voice from outside called.
''Alright, I'm coming!'' Drett responded.
''I wonder why that man needs Drett, he was just getting a part..'' Drett's mother thought.
Drett walked outside to find his dad and a young Duros hauling a large cooler off the back of a landspeeder. Drett rushed in to help as the cooler looked heavy.

The three moved the cooler off the speeder and moved it inside.
''Hun, all we needed was a part'' Drett's mother said, turning around to face the new looking cooler.
''Jexto said that it'd be just a few credits more to get a new one than to get the part. He didn't even have it, have to special order it he said.''
''Well thank you for helping, Jexto'' Drett's mother patted the Duros on the back.
''My name's Ke'Cholo'' the Duros responded

''Ya' husband was gonna haul this thing a whole kilometer, just on a cart. I pulled some strings and borrowed a land speeder'' Ke'Cholo continued.
''Well thank you, Ke'Cholo'' the woman said smiling.
Ke'Cholo walked out the door and the landspeeder could be heard speeding off.
''He took me a way I'd never been before, didn't have to stop for the security check'' Drett's father said.

After a moment, Drett's father had unhooked all the wires connecting the old cooler to the wall and had pulled it out from the fall a few centimeters.
''Help me move this, Drett'' he would request.
Drett moved in and helped his father waddle the fridge out to the opposite wall. They then moved the new one back into place and, after fumbling around for a moment, Drett's father got it working.

''Please call the girls in'' Drett's mother said to Drett.
Drett would step into the other room, place two of his fingers in his mouth and whistle.
Two heads popped up from the stalks of wheat in front of the house. One of them raised a hand and gave a thumbs up to let Drett know they heard him.

''They're coming.'' Drett would say to his parents who were already seated.
''How much did it cost?'' Drett's mother would inquire about the new cooler.
''Just enough'' Drett's father would vaguely respond. ''Don't worry about it, I didn't spend more than I knew we could pay back.''

''Who is that, Ke'Cholo?'' Drett's mother would inquire.
''Aspiring bounty hunter for some sort of 'Union'''
''The Techno Union?'' Drett would ask.
''Yeah, I think that was it.'' Drett's father afirmed.
The front door could be heard openning.

The girls would run through the doorway to the kitchen as to not stall the rest of the family anymore. They pulled up stools and sat on opposite ends of the circular table.
''Everyone ready to say grace?'' Drett's father would inquire, looking at each family member. Everyone would nod, except for Drett who would hold up a finger and rush off to another part of the house.

Drett skid into his room and jerked open his bedside table. Inside were a pair of silver spoons he had found this morning whilst working. He walked back to the kitchen and presented the recently cleaned spoons to each of his parents.
''Drett, where did you find these?'' his mother would ask, apauled.
''In the field, northeast side'' he would reply as he sat back down.
''Figures, that is the side closest to the palace'' his father said.

The family said grace and as they were about to take their first bite, a massive explosion went off just outside the nearby window. Dirt, rocks, and dust flooded through the open window. The sleeping infant was awoken and began to cry. Drett looked at his parents who were visably worried.

''What was that?!'' one of the girls would ask, very worried. Despite his parents called him back, Drett would run outside to see what caused the blast. He looked around to see a few dead rats and a massive crater several meters from the window. Whatever had hit, was massive. He looked up just in time to see a massive green projectile racing towards the ground a few meters from him.

The projectile hit, and Drett was knocked back and off his feet. He recovered himself and ran back inside.
''Another one?!'' the other sister asked as he ran through the door.
''It's coming from the cruiser!'' he would yell as he came back inside.
''We need to get to-'' his father say, but would be cut off when the third and final blast hit so close to the house it turned the west wall into shrapnel.

The resulting blast would instantly kill Drett's infant child, his father, and one of his sisters. His other sister and mother died momentarily. Drett was on the other side of the room and did not suffer nearly as much damage as the rest of his family did. However, a massive rock caught him by the shoulder and tore off his entire left arm. He screamed in anger, sadness and pain as he watched his mother and sister die in front of his own eyes. He blacked out.

Drett woke up in some sort of medical facility. He knew it was a medical facility because he was hooked up to a dozen different machines and there was a nurse in the room typing on a datapad. ''Where am I?''
''Oh, you're awake!'' the nurse would say, gleefully. ''I'll get doctor Rimmit'' she trotted out of the room and returned in a moment with a Besalisk in a labcoat.
''Hey pal'' the Besalisk said smiling.

''Who are you?'' Drett would ask.
''Doctor Jaff Rimmit, I saved your life'' once the doctor said these thing, the memory of the blast, his family dying, the pain, and his arm being blow off came back to him. Drett would sit up in the bed and fling back the covers to reveal an artificial titanium arm in place of his organic one.
''We couldn't save the arm'' Jaff would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom