Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do we fall?

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin sighed, rolled his eyes, and nodded. "Come on then, I guess." As they walked, he checked his pockets to make sure he had the various metal pieces he'd been collecting, muttering something about wanting to do the entire thing by himself.

@[member="Marek S'hadar"]

Marek motioned for the two to split up once they were far enough inside the cave, this was @[member="Devin"]'s thing to do, and he'd only entered because Cale had insisted. If they both had to face something in here, so be it, but they had to face them alone. Sighing, he continued on his own, silently admiring the multicolored crystals which decorated the walls of the cave.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
As he noticed his brother splitting off into a different branch of th cave, Devin gave him a nod of respect. He understood te need to face one's demons by themselves. They'd both gone through similar horrors, Marek would understand. Walking even deeper into the cave, it eventually got very dark. Even the luminance of th crystals seemed to be sucked into the black void. He felt a presence, very close nearby. A dark presence.

"You are weak..."
"Your hate shall make you strong..."
"Return to the darkness, Galen."

Looking around, Devin could see nothing at first. Then a figure stepped out of the shadows. In the splitting image of Marek when he had first seen him, standing before him now, was a fully armored Sith stalker. Seen lightsabers hung from his belt. A long strand of hair ran down his back, likely a trophy of killing a wookie chieftain. Claws adorned the fingers on his left hand. And finally, the helmet that completed the image, stale and devoid of any emotion. Shock and horror filled Devin's face, but he would not run away.

"Why hello there."

The voice cut through the silence Marek had once held, a saber flew to his hand and ignited as he turned around to find himself facing...himself? No, it wasn't him, not anymore, this was Darth Iram. This was how far he could fall. Fear at the sight of himself welled up in Marek, but he wouldn't allow this thing to best him/ Holding his cobalt blue saber in a reverse grip he stood facing the monstrosity with an unfazed expression.

"What, no hello?"

Marek remained silent.

"Unfortunate. I truly thought we had something in common, like, I 'dunno...being the same person."

"I'm not like you, not anymore." Marek stated defiantly as he stared his inner demons in the face, assuming a position and poising himself for attack. He was going to carve this thing like a Life Day ham. Then it would finally leave him be.

"Oh Marek, you will always be."

"No!" He roared, lunging forward and clashing blades with the appiration, he slashed at its head, only to be blocked, then its thigh, with the same result. He launched an onslaught, slashing violently as her bore into the the thing, their sabers colliding. Eventually, the blades locked, and the tow were left staring each other dead in the face. he hoped @[member="Devin"] wasn't ealing with this kind of thing.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
As the Sith being walked over to Devin, it started to circle him, studying him. "You are much more different than the last time I saw you. Angrier. Stronger than you are now. A pity I couldn't save you from turning out this way..." Though Devin wanted so badly to throw an insult at the apparition, every gene in him told him to stay silent. He wasn't afraid of this thing. Sure, he'd battled his own demons and visions before. This was nothing new to him. Then it took off it's helmet, and stared him directly in the face. Devin found himself looking at a mirror image of Marek now, his scarred face so familiar. However, instead of compassion, rage filled his golden eyes. "You could be more. You know this. You've been a part of the darkness, and you know what true power feels like. Take hold of it once more." Devin began to swear heavily. The offer was tempting. It was the most tempting thing that had ever been laid in front of him. An offer at unbelievable power. Pulling a clawed lightsaber from his belt, not-Marek offered it to him. "Take it, Galen. Show the Jedi what power really is." Raising a shaky hand, Devin slowly clasped his hand around the weapon of the sith...

As sabers continued to clash, their blades slamming into each other. As the blades locked once more, Marek snarled, slamming the fist into the face mask of the not-him. The force enhanced blow forced the apparition to stumble back as his visor cracked. It let out a mechanized chuckle as it pulled of the helmet and cast it aside, but it wasn't him under the mask, it was @[member="Devin"].

Marek's eyes widened, backing up slowly, eyes filled with horror, a grin forming on not-Devin's face. "No...what have...what've..." He couldn't find the words as the thing marched forwards, twirling it's saber with glee. "What have you done? Look at me Marek, what haven't you done to me? What lies before you is of your own creation." It snarled. Then Marek did something unexpected, he dropped his saber and faced the appiration.

"Really Marek? Your just going to let me strike you down?"

Marek was silent, looking on as it's face contorted in anger, letting out a roar and charging. This was the only way to stop the darkness, he had to face it non-violently, it was the only way. When the blade slammed into his abdomen, the apparition looked shocked, confused, scared. It backed away, slowly dissipating into the light as it backed away. "YOU DID THIS TO ME! I HATE YOU!" It roared as it faded into nothing, Marek's face looking on sympathetically.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
(OOC: sorry for the slow reply, I haven't really felt up to RP'ing the last few days.)

His hand gripped the weapon.... And as Devin ignited it, it charged with not a red blade, but green. He stared in confusion or a second as the hilt was now a solid black, simple design with a dark green blade. Nodding to himself, he took a forward grip lightsaber stance, opposed to his known reverse grip. He would defeat this vision as a newly-born jedi, not by his old teachings as a sith. "Come and get me."

A) It's totally fine dude B)Dat sig))

Marek gasped and fell to his knees, looking around the caverns in a panicked fashion, in his hands was a saber, one of his own creation. The two that hadn't been his own, were broken on the floor. Thumbing the ignition, a brilliant blue blade extend forth, letting out a gentle hum as he spun it lightly around. It was amazing, and more importantly it was his, and he would used it well.

@[member="Devin"]

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
(OOC: Ain't it great?! It looks a lot like yours actually lol)

A snarl made it's way to the other's face, and the apparition replaced the mask back onto his head. "You will surely die." A sense of calm washed over Devin, probably an effect of the crystals in the cave. Leveling his lightsaber at his enemy, he slowly advanced, but didn't strike. Instead, the Sith stalker initiated the duel with an upper hand slash. Anticipating his own shadow, he fronted the attack with one of his own, feinted, and stabbed inward. The Sith jumped back to avoid the blow, but suffered a small gash in his thigh. Showing no emotion, Devin advanced upon the spirit and struck downwards. Everything esplodes in a brilliant emerald light, blinding him. When he could see again, he noticed a glowing green crystal lying where the image of the Sith once stood.

"Galen! I mean...uh...Devin!" A voice called out through the caverns, as Marek desperately searched through the caves for his brother. Fear ran through him, what if he had fought a vision too? What if he had been hurt? He couldn't stand the idea of it, @[member="Devin"] and Cale were everything he couldn't be, they had such hope in them, where he had none. And he refused too let hope die.

(Well, as a clone of Marek, I suppose it's justified they look a bit alike lol)

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Marek's cries would call on deaf ears. Devin had knelt down, himself immersed in recreating the lightsaber in his vision. The pieces floated in front of him, every one coming together in seamless harmony. Stretching his hands forth, he gently guided the individual parts to thee corresponding sockets and holes. The shiny, metallic black bolt slowly came together, everything locking into place. And finally, the green crystal that had made it's way to him. It gently began to glow again, then even brighter once he closed the gap between the two main parts of his lightsaber, the pommel and the clutch. When it was finished, he reached out and grabbed the weapon, igniting it for the first time. It's emerald glow filled the cavern with an eerie green light. Perfect for him. Another thing he noticed was his unwavering sense of calm as he wielded it. A strange property, but a very useful one. Finally clipping it to his belt, he heard yelling coming from somewhere in the cavern. "Marek! I'm coming!"

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Eventually, Devin found his brother, but decided to play a little prank on him. A thin smirk coming to his face, he brought his hood up and began walking over him in a menacing manner.

Marek froze in place, usure of what to do. Was he faking it? His voice hadn't sounded corrupted, but what if he was wrong? "I swear if you're trying to play some sort of joke I'll castrate you and feed what remains to a Bantha." He snarled.

@[member="Devin"]

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin kept up the charade, walking menacingly toward his brother. "You never did appreciate me, brother." He ignited his new green blade, and charged him.

The response was a reverse grip ignited saber, the brilliant blue blade shooting out and assuming a shien stance. Defense was his priority, if Devin had come down with the 'sickness' that was the dark side, he'd have to cure him. Again.

@[member="Devin"]

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
(OOC: Technically, Cale cured him lol)

Running at his brother, Devin leaped and made a movement to look like slashing.... Then came down right next to him, putting his lightsaber away. A smirk coming to his face, he lightly punched his shoulder. "Gotcha, didn't i?"

(OOC: Do you really think Marek would let him have that satisfaction? lol)

Marek let out a sigh of relief and disengaged his newly crafted saber, locking eyes with @[member="Devin"]. His eyes yellowed quickly, turning back to their dark side corrupted color. That would likely scare Devin just long enough for Marek to get him back. Moments late his eyes returned to normal, just as they had been. "I'm going to castrate you. And did 'ya like the eye trick?"

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
"I'm pretty sure I could do it, after all, I am your brother." Devin smirked, and his eyes shifted to a light gray for a few seconds. "How'd I do?"

"Close, it's a little less intimidating, but you'll get there." Marek chuckled, patting @[member="Devin"] on the back and motioning for him to follow. They'd probably need to find Cale, because if he knew anything about their brother, it was that he slept, a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom