Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do we fall?

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Galen walked along the busy streets of Coruscant in his black robes, the two blue lightsabers hanging from his left side. The truth was, he needed to think. He still wasn't sure about this whole thing, being a Jedi. He wasn't normally accepted so readily, and it scared him. He shouldn't even feel scared, he was stronger than that. But, not even he could deny his feelings any longer. He needed change.

From around the corner, the man heard a scream. The smell of smoke filled his nose. Running to see what happened, he saw an apartment building on fire. The scream had come from a young woman, who was covered in burnt clothes, and also smelled of smoke. Upon seeing him, she rushed to his side with a look of hope. "Master Jedi, can you please save my daughter?! She's on the third floor and nobody can reach her!" He wanted to help, but couldn't bring himself to do it. "I'm sorry ma'am, I can't help you." She was in tears now. "Please. I'm begging you to help her!" Galen took a single look at the building, and nodded, sighing. "Stay here, i'll be back." He rushed into the building, followed by cries of thanks from the woman. The fire was in such an intense blaze, he wondered if he would make it out himself, let alone save the child. However, he pushed on. Mostly using the force to aid him, he made his way to the third floor where the girl was trapped. "Where are you?" "Help me!" Following the cry of help, Galen found the girl and picked the five year old up in his arms. By this time, there was no way he could escape back the way he came. He'd have to jump. "Hold on tight, and close your eyes." The little girl nodded and complied. Taking a breath, he jumped through the window, using the force once more to break his fall.

No sooner did he hit the ground did the scared mother rush over, hugging him and her daughter as tight as possible. "Thank you so much! What is your name, may I ask?" "My name's Ga-" He stopped himself, realizing that this was his chance to truly make a name for himself. One that would be honored and loved, instead of hated and feared. "I'm Devin. I'm a Jedi knight of the order." More hugs and praises. He smiled, knowing he had made one so happy. It was a good feeling. He would enjoy being Devin from now on.

@[member="Cale Gunderson"]

A smirk crossed his face as he watched @[member="Galen S'hadar"] brave the woman's daughter, and the smirk widened into a full on grin as he heard him identify himself as a Knight of the Jedi Order. But what was with the name? Devin? He'd figured he liked the name, but he wouldn't voice that opinion, he'd leave that to the man behind him (because I'm to lazy to post with two accounts).

"I thought he liked the name."

Cale snorted, turning to look back at Marek and rolling his eyes, only receiving a scowl from his twin in return. The two stood in the streets, arms crossed and smiles on their faces, easily within Galen's view.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
As he began to leave the scene, Devin recognized two of the onlookers. Walking over to them, he was cautious with his words. "You... you guys saw that?"

"No, we completely missed it." Marek responded snarkily, receiving a smack to the back of the head from Cale. "You did Galen...or Devin, whatever you're going by now." Cale responded with a smile, patting @[member="Galen S'hadar"] on the shoulder reassuringly. Marek gave a smile as well.

"I thought you liked the name."

"Shut up Marek."

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin smirked at the two. "No, I did like the name. But... I need something new to go by. I'm leaving my anger and hate behind, and Galen is a name that will forever be associated to those emotions for me. I want to help others now."

The two smiled in unison, they'd known he'd come around. "While it is your call, I've stuck with my name, despite all the pain it has brought me, pushing past has bettered me in a way, at least I hope it has. But like I said, your call brother." Marek stated. Cale nodded in agreement, though he didn't fully understand where Marek and @[member="Galen S'hadar"] were coming from, he did have some idea.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
(OOC: Hey did you see my new profile look? ^_^)

Devin nodded, understanding. "I don't want to be dark anymore. What just happened... It felt good to help. Whatever methods I can do to keep me in check, i'll take them." He pulled the two lightsabers from his belt, staring at them. "From what I hear, a Jedi's true initiation into the order is when they make their own lightsaber." He handed them back to his brothers. "Thanks for letting me borrow these, but I feel i'm obligated to continue the tradition. I'll do whatever trials you want me to do, and i'll craft my own weapon."

"Galen you've faced trials none of us ever could, your ready to be a Jedi, but for your lightsaber we'd have to go t-" Cale began, but found himself cut of by Marek, who silenced him by placing a hand over his mouth, sliding the saber @[member="Devin"] had given to him into it's place on his side, replacing the original saber he'd lost to some fire shaper named Morna, he'd crushed the man's arm in retribution. But that story was for another day. "Well then, let's head to Illum, you've got a saber to build."

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin smirked as Cale was silenced in the middle of his speech. "Sounds good to me, when should we go?" He was hoping they could go right away, but decided that if he had to wait, he would. He wouldn't rush perfection.

I just wanna show off this new sig!))

"Now, duh." Marek replied with a smile, beckoning for @[member="Devin"] and Cale to follow. Cale looked kind of unsure, but followed nonetheless, hoping desperately they wouldn't freeze to death or something like that.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
(OOC: I saw it, it's pretty great :))

"Great! That'd be awesome." Devin gave Marek a small smile, following him to wherever he would lead. He saw the doubt in Cale's face, and patted him on the back. "Don't worry. I've been to Ilum before, it's actually not half bad."

@[member="Marek S'hadar"]

"As have I, met a nice girl there, still talk to her." Cale responded, following after them. Marek would simply smirk as they walked towards the Jedi temple, hoping to catch a transport to Illum and get the show on the road.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin chuckled lightly. For once in his life, he was having a good time. Deep inside however, he only wondered how long it would last. His mind immediately raced to conclusions, some of them not as good as the rest. He sighed softly. The visions had not haunted him for a few days, but now he was having nightmares.

Post an intro in the Republic :p ))

The group would board a shuttle and head for Illum. But that would take hours, maybe even days, needless to say, they had time. Marek wanted to ask @[member="Devin"] about the visions, but didn't want to dig up old wounds. So he sat in silence, alongside, Cale, who had an unfamiliar look in his eyes, fear. Illum hadn't been all good times the last time he was there.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin sat across from his two brothers in silence, his mind whirling. In his head, there were hundreds of pieces, fragments. His thought patterns worked at piecing the right ones together. One by one, each tiny part fit together like a massive puzzle. He would continue to do this for the entire ride to Ilum, oblivious to the world around him.

Finally, the brothers would land on the Ice planet, along with a two other Jedi, Master and Padawan. They were here for the same reasons as them, they wanted to build a karking lightsaber. Without a word, Marek and Cale bundled up and began to march towards the crystal caves, hoping to reach it before nightfall.

@[member="Devin"]

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
Devin followed the other two closely, still intent on finishing the puzzle. He was close to doing so, but one critical piece was missing. He couldn't go any further at this point, and so waited until they got to the crystal caves, still remaining silent.

Finally reaching the mouth of the large crystal caverns, the brothers leaned against a wall, sighing heavily, their icy breath visible as they looked back out at the snow. Something told them that this was going to be a rather long day. @[member="Devin"] would hopefully find a way to fight through this along with them.

Marek Sh'adar

Searching for peace
At this point, Devin had no lightsaber, but he knew what was coming to face him. Finally speaking, he brought a hand up to stop the brothers. "Stay back, i'll handle this on my own." He knew Marek would approve, but before Cale had a chance to object, he looked at his closest brother of the two. "Make sure this guy doesn't try anything stupid, like charging in, would ya?" He patted Cale on the shoulder, and walked into the deep, massive cave. Crystals adorned the walls, of every size shape, and hue of blue and green. It was a beautiful sight to take in, but he wasn't here for sightseeing. Whatever lied in the back of the cave, he would make sure to kill it, with his bare hands and the force if he needed to.

"I won't, nut Marek should go, once your in there, you'll face something, I faced something that I later learned was a vision of M over here, or some sort of dark me. But it's a test you need to face." Cale stated, giving @[member="Devin"] and Marek a nod, one which Marek would return. Looking to his brother/clone Marek smoked. "Let's go fight some dark visions."

(I was having this thing where all of their little visions involve the Sith Stalker, since it's a thing which has haunted their family for generations)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom