Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose Bun Is It?

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Vaal Pal Vo"] | [member="Kaileann Vera"]

He listened to all of the options. "I want Kaile to stay with me."

Kurt reiterated the point again.

"I know it might seem strange to you." He had no idea how the Sullustans handled family, nor did he know how Vaal here lived his life, but he wanted to stress just how important this one. Kaile seemed to trust him though, and that meant he could at least explain the situation. "I'm the only family she's got, and The Messa is her home as much as it is mine. Whatever happens, I want her to stay with me."

He meant that in all things.

After they were done here he still had to contact Jamie, something he was half dreading, but...well even with that he knew that Kaile wouldn't be going anywhere. Perhaps that was asking too much again, perhaps he was being selfish, but Kurt was the man that wanted it all. He would give nothing up. "With that in mind..."

He glanced at Kaile, no way was she working a desk.

"What do you think would be best?" In truth, Surveying didn't sound too bad. Kaile could live with him still and they would get to see interesting places. The Messa would be a lot slower...but he would make that sacrifice.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

The Commodore had an indifferent expression on his face. He didn't much care for the family life demands of those in his units and generally stuck to GADF regulations on the matter. If someone needed to go somewhere, they went there.

Vo, however, was trying his best. "I understand and we'll help where we can," he replied. "This isn't an exhaustive list of options. It's for Kaile to decide what she does during the pregnancy and beyond."

"Her original position will of course be open to her," Kolt chimed in. Regulations dictated that it was made clear.

"You've got time to think."

[member="Kurt Meyer"] [member="Vaal Pal Vo"]

Going back and forth between Vo, Kurt, and the Commodore was rather bemusing. Of course, once the spotlight came back to Kaile, she found herself quick to clam up again. It just wasn't the sort of situation she'd ever figured she'd find herself in. Her entire life had been one slicing job or espion mission after the other. A hop, skip, and a flight to new planets, different sectors, and some rather enjoyable interactions with as many folk as she'd desired.

Now she was four months pregnant, looking to potentially retiring to a desk job, and fully aware that she'd be raising a child with no father in sight. Although to be fair, said father didn't even know the situation to begin with. Asmus had been a rather hot topic Kaile hadn't gotten around to saying much about but she had her reasons. Much like Kurt had his own when it came to Jamie.

"Umm," clearing her throat, Kaile gave a slight cough. Her hands went to rub her belly again, a nervous gesture that was only enhanced due to being a Lorrdian.

"Reckon surveying ain't too bad." she finally told the group a little nervously.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Vaal Pal Vo"] | [member="Kaileann Vera"]

Surveying.

He could do that. The Sensors would need to be fit somewhere, they'd maybe have to downsize the engines, but...it was okay. That was okay. Kurt didn't need the fastest ship in the galaxy, he didn't need to be the fastest or brightest. He needed his best friend.

"Surveying." Kurt agreed with a nod and a glance at Kaile.

It would let them stay together, let them live on The Messa and make enough money to get by. The sights would at least be good and they would get to go to new places. Kaile would still get to meet people and talk, Kurt would still get to fly. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"How.." He frowned. "How will it work?"

He glanced towards Kaile again to make sure she was alright.

Vo was thinking quickly, trying to put together all the pieces in his mind. He was no lorrdian, but he studied people. He had two degrees in anthropology to attest to that. Kurt was keen for a solution now, whatever it was.

"As I said Kaile, that's not an exhaustive list. We're happy to be flexible. You don't have to make a choice now."

"The 3rd Survey Wing are based off the ANS Archer. She's an old Nebulon stripped of all offensive weaponry. I'll start a dialogue with Admiral Insil," Kolt said. He seemed keen to be done with this meeting. Especially now he wasn't getting another pilot for his SIS wings.

"They're towards the core at the moment I believe," Vo said. "The Archer has some Class Yellow terminals. I'd need you to get some work done on her from time to time for me if you want to go with this."

[member="Vaal Pal Vo"] [member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Would Kurt be able to do some SIS flying if he wanted to?" before the Commodore could leave, Kaile interjected. Maybe not the most polite of things to do, but it allowed Kurt an out. She knew how much he enjoyed making the most of the Messa.

"I ain't gonna be able to be on the Messa all the time," her gaze went swiveling over to the pilot, her expression contorting as if trying to make him understand.

"You can still do two or three day missions... short ones. " at least from the ones she knew about.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

His lips thinned.

It was clear that Kurt didn't like the idea of leaving Kaile behind, not one bit, but it wasn't like he could cage her or something like that, but he wasn't sure if she was just sacrificing herself again. He searched her features, and then slowly shook his head.

"No." Two or three days?

Where would she spend that time while pregnant? In some barracks? A dirty hotel? Some apartment that was as run down as the diner down the street? No, Kurt wouldn't have that.

"Surveying." He said as he looked Kaile in the eye. "You're staying home."

It was the right thing to do.

[member="Vaal Pal Vo"] [member="Kurt Meyer"]

Well that was that. Kurt wasn't going to have it any other way. There was an endearing quality to that. To know that Kurt was going to fully commit to what he'd told her back in the Messa. Coming from the man who'd done nothing but run in his life, it was telling. Part of Kaile wasn't sure if he was being naive or just being the sort of man Kaile had figured out he'd grow up into one day.

Or maybe he was still a damn fool with too many aspirations and dreams to believe he could do everything and anything regardless of the consequences. They hadn't even discussed what they'd do once the baby was even born. It was one thing to have to deal with work while pregnant, quite another when they had a toddler in tow.

"Alright." Kaile replied, takinga deep breath. She offered an apologetic look over to the Sullustan, grateful he was doing all of this. She didn't miss the slight defensive note he took earlier, and it made her feel a little warm inside. He meant well, and Kaile could only appreciate it kindly.

"Then surveying it is."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom