Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who you gonna call? [Karin]

It had begun only a short time ago, the occasional painting flinging off the wall with no visible force affecting it, the temperature dropping several degrees on its own without warning, and reports of a strange specter roaming the halls. Some had begun to spread rumors that the Castle was haunted, but Kaine himself remained unconvinced of such flights of fancy, and had begun an extensive search weeks before, but had yet to turn up no evidence supporting this specter's existence. For awhile all supernatural happenings around the castle had seemed to stop dead in their tracks after the searches, but soon enough they began again in full force. A few of the busts in the castle had been pulverized or decapitated by something or someone, but Kaine had punished those who either commonly patrolled that area or who cleaned that particular room. The accusations did not deter whatever was causing these disturbances, and Kaine was beginning to have enough of it. He started another search, looking high and low for such a specter until again it appeared that whatever it was would not show itself.

Until one night...

Kaine was lying in his master bed, bare except for a baggy pair of cloth pants strung around his legs had awoken to the sudden sensation of being watched. His enhanced senses scanned the room for any intruder, but found none whatsoever. He stayed awake, however; to stay on guard in case whatever had triggered his sense decided to show up once more. The temperature of the room dropped significantly, ice beginning to form on the windows and paintings, Kaine's breath coming out in a thick mist as well. "Show yourself, shade or living man. I tire of these teasing games, reveal yourself to me at once." He barked into the darkness, but for a long time no reply had come nor did the situation of the room change in the slightest. Whatever it was that was harassing Kaine, he was not having a good time about it.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Being dead is restless work.

You don't need to sleep, eat and bodily functions are definitely out of the window. If only she had been dead sooner, she'd get so much more done. Of course there wasn't actually anything to get done, Thule was lost, no longer hers and her only keepsake was a rather imposing statue that served to remind her of one thing.

I should have taken more time out to eat.

Unless you were overly fond of playing Lords and Ladies or if gluttony was just your sin, you found that eating was possibly one of the lowest priorities for Sith of the highest order. You could be questing to find immortality through alchemy, so you tell me when you fit the bantha steak into a quest like that, but enough of the food talk, let's get to the crux of the matter.

Karin Dorn was dead and had been for a while now.

Her very first act upon realising she had not quite departed was to try and leave, to get off Thule and back to Dantooine, back to Chomp and other things. That didn't happen. Which was very peculiar, Force Ghosts could reportedly appear wherever they desired granted they knew where they were going but it was not to be the deceased woman couldn't even leave the grounds of the Castle, much to her dismay. Which brought us to the rage that soon bubbled over into garden variety ghost mayhem. It started small, like a quiet haunting at the local pub but not many people noticed that the paintings were slightly askew and that cutlery was in the wrong drawers. Some would have questioned why she started so small, but Lady Dorn would have laughed in their faces, all hauntings start small, if they don't it ruins the dramatic tension and the dramatics are always important.

Fast forward a little and here we were, full on ghost calamity building up for the big reveal. What would she say, how would she say it? How do you play it? Do you play it cool, no, surely not, the undead aren't cool about things otherwise they would just be dead but flying into his chamber at night screeching about revenge wasn't the way to go about it either.

He had called her out. Make or break time.

“And what exactly is it you're planning to do once I do that?!” she snapped, suddenly appearing at the foot of his bed. Blue and luminous, just like the stories say. A thin-lipped sneer was attached to her face, I present to you the ghost, the great scolder herself in the ethereal. “You've greatly inconvenienced me and I do not appreciate it,” Dorn continued, folding those ghost arms across her chest.

That definitely was not the grand entrance she had been thinking of.

@[member="Kaine Zambrano"]

This wasn't what Kaine was expecting, this literal ethereal blast from the past. His eyes widened as he was struck dumbfounded by the sudden appearance of the specter that was Lady Karin Dorn at the foot of his bed, and couldn't find his voice to retort to her for quite sometime. When he did regain his ability to speak he said, "You... you're dead. I killed you, struck you dead in the throne room all those years ago... Karin Dorn." He swung his legs over to the side of his bed and rose to his feet, watching the specter warily as he approached her. "I thought your soul was banished to chaos for all eternity, how is that you've come back to haunt little old me?" He half seriously / half teased to the undead woman before him, finally coming to grips that this was definitely not a delusional dream, and finally realizing that it was her who was causing so much ruckus in his home. "You've frightened many of my subordinates, you know? Ruined a few good things of mine, and I don't appreciate it..."

He was not himself frightened by the ghost before him, for he was confident she could not hurt him. He was more pissed that she had been messing with him for quite sometime and had not come clean beforehand, which vexed him even more than having some of his belongings broken and smashed. Still, something continued to nag at his mind. Why was she still here? Even if she had survived being damned to chaos for all eternity, couldn't a ghost go wherever they pleased? What had kept her here to harass him and his people? Perhaps the force just decided to make his life harder, and laugh at his annoyance at such an inconvenience.

Fate is weird sometimes.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Very astute, Lord Zambrano,” she droned, somehow playing the disappointed step-mother rather than the furious spectre. Even in undeath she kept her composure. “Evidently Chaos is not quite ready for me yet, which is fine for me as I'm not quite ready for eternal torment myself.”

At the notion that he didn't appreciate her antics the ghostly visage of Karin erupted into gleeful mirth, she cackled an ethereal cackle. She had died. Her body was cold and rotted but a few art pieces get destroyed and it is the murderer who is not appreciative. Hilarious. In very typical Karin Dorn fashion she halted her laughter so hard that it could cause an emotional pile-up on the unaware. Snapping from silly to serious was a skill she had learned over her many years. The conversational whiplash always went down a treat.

“I'm incredibly sorry for your things,” the ghost snarked, unfolding her arms in preparation for the next spiel of speech, “but you see, I have this problem that I feel overtakes the importance of said things. Not only am I dead, a large issue in it's own right, but I cannot leave this castle and I was definitely not destined to destroy priceless artefacts until the end of time, Lord.”

Five points for that dab of alliteration there.

“You're going to fix this problem.”

Kaine scoffed, "And how exactly am I going to do that, Karin? Wave my fingers and suddenly make you leave my Castle? Or better yet come back to life?"

Kaine was on the verge of livid. Not only has this ghost been messing with his subjects and his belongings for who knows how long, but she also had the audacity to command him, King of this world and Lord of this Keep to 'fix' her problem. It wasn't his bloody fault that she lingered on after death, he had given her a warrior's death and even had the respect to honor her with a lavish crypt and a statue of her in his foyer. "I'm no sorcerer, I'm an alchemist. I don't command any magics or cast any spells, I dabble in dark sciences. You're better off just bugging off to some decrepit corner in the castle dungeons for all I care." Perhaps he could get Emperor Lussk to deal with this problem, he was a Sorcerer in his own right, and a powerful one to boot. "But, perhaps I know someone who could help with this problem..."

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
So it wasn't you...

Well, it still could have been the Lord that had banished her to within the castle grounds but he would have likely admitted it. After all, what harm could she have brought to him as a spectre? With no threat, there was no need to be telling tall tales.

“Curiouser and curiouser.”

The woman began to pace, or rather float back and forth, running different theories and ideas through her mind.Yes, yes, if you know any decent sorcerers invite them round,” she murmured and without giving him time to respond she looked to him and nodded. “but alchemy could still be helpful here.” He was content to leave her sulking around this dungeons until the end of time but Karin Dorn would have none of it, Karin Dorn got things done and not even the limits of death would stop her.

“Also have some servants fetch us books and holobooks regarding this castle, from history and lore to myths and fables, there might be something of use there. Scour any and all archives. I refuse to be left to linger at the place of my demise.”

Was she ever planning on giving the Lord a moment to interject?

Her features softened as she released a sigh that had surely been pent up for a very long time. “Surely you must be outraged. I've destroyed your things, frightened your subordinates and stormed into your chambers making demands. I won't get sentimental and try to play on compassion, at the end of the day we are still Sith.”

Or were in some cases.

“The cause of this could be something dark and something terrible. Once upon a time I toyed with dangerous sorcery. Many foul atrocities and rituals had been committed in my youth. Who knows what could have been conjured, what could be latching onto my very spirit and keeping me trapped here.”

The ghost of Lady Dorn simply smiled.

“Does that not intrigue you?”

Kaine would be lying if he said he wasn't fascinated with the possibilities of why Karin Dorn was bound to this place in death. Begrudgingly he was willing to give into her demands in order to unravel this mysterious mystery set out before them, and thus he had summoned forth his swiftest servants to his bed chambers. "Go to the grand library, and bring me everything concerning this castle and it's history. Leave nothing behind." The servants obeyed and rushed off to do their Lord's bidding, leaving Kaine alone with the specter once again. "Karin, tell me of these rituals you performed here. Perhaps it could shed insight onto what we could be dealing with and how much of a danger it really is. I have heard of Sorcerers conjuring daemons of smoke and darkness to completely destroy their enemies, as if their life force had been sucked dry from their body and then turned to dust. I hope you did not summon such a creature in your youth." Although mostly likely a Smoke Daemon would've disappeared after the death of its creator, so the likelihood of one remaining here for so long was extremely unlikely, but so was the reappearance of Karin Dorn.

Nothing is unlikely in these times, but Kaine's trail of thought was interrupted by the return of the servants with their bundles of tomes and holodisks for Kaine and Karin. Soon they would get to the bottom of this nonsense.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Excellent.

It was time to get the Scooby Gang into action. Or actually, no, that would not be a fantastic idea, given that the Scooby Gang tended to battle the bad guys and while the bad guys didn't usually admit to being the bad guys, they were totally completely and utterly the bad guys. I'm going to say it once more for emphasis:

Bad guys.

With her face kept straight a smile crept upon her brain, he had invited her to speak. Had he forgot their last encounter? If memory served her right Lady Dorn had taken her position on the soapbox so hard that she deserved to die. Or maybe she hadn't, maybe in death the memories of life degrade and disintegrate. That would be a worry. Death really needed to be studied more. Can a ghost write a book? Yeah, just dictate it. Food for thought, you know?

“We can cross Smoke Daemons off that list immediately,” she replied curtly, for Karin Dorn was already beginning to have an inkling of what the problem may have been. She would have to show him, and what an apt time of year for ghosts to be showing visions of times once past. If only the pair of them could have appreciated the very thought of it. "We're taking a trip into my memories. Brace yourself."

With a wave of her hand time melted away around them, the decor of the chamber shifting to the days of old and the days of misguided youth, Karin's misguided youth if that was not obvious.

The servants left holding the tomes weren't invited of course, only the pair of power could see history unfold once more around them. Instead of Kaine's current chambers he would have seen a room marred by graffiti and scorch marks. Two bodies intertwined on what was a disgusting bed, the stench of sex and shame made it all the more vivid. Karin herself had no memory of who they were but then again, the woman had suppressed much of this period of her life.

To delve back into it was horrifying.

“Do not fret, the mattress has been changed since then,” she said in mild disgust, “if you have any questions, direct them to me now before we begin.”

Kaine looked at the display not in shame or disgust, but in a sad recognition mixed with nostalgia. "This reminds me of my youth, specifically my nineteenth year, where I had my family's entire fortune at my fingertips and I could do anything I wanted." He laughed at the thought of it, "I remember doing a lot of woman, but we are not here to dwell and recollect on our past." He scanned the devastated room, and that's where his disgust arose to the surface with a visible scowl plastered on his face. "I still prefer this room with my altercations, but let's get on with it. We have a mystery to solve." He clasped his hands behind his back and thought back on what was about to transpire. He was about to bear witness to Karin's past that no one else had probably been privy to besides him, he would consider it an honor to know someone so well if it wasn't for the dilemma at hand. It was all strictly business from here on out, and Kaine would have it no other way.

He didn't like getting to know people very well anymore, not since she-who-shall-not-be-named, but Karin was a ghost... she couldn't possibly hurt him the way the she-witch did.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
The ghost nodded in agreement, she wanted through with this nonsense as swiftly as possible. “Youth is a terrible thing, necessary for life's cruel lessons but most definitely a terrible thing,” Karin started, unknowingly building up even more anticipation of what occurred in her past, “I was in a cult. The Cult of Seven, who in good fortune had inherited an entire planet from shall we say foul play and copious betrayal, the usual affair. But we were idiots!” she laughed one of cruellest laughs that the ear might have ever heard, “It was all debauchery and sorcery, incredibly sloppy sorcery that we painted up as 'majyk'.”

Thankfully Kaine never had to know how they spelt it.

---​

Raucous laughter suddenly erupted through the chamber doors as a group of youths ranging in their twenties burst into the room, off their heads on goodness knows what substances and wearing clothes that screamed 'I secretly do care about my image but I don't want you to think I do'. Ridiculous hair cuts, skin heads and hair colours of varying severity and neon.

Seven in total all gathered around the bed, the couple in mid-coitus that currently occupied it didn't even stop, they were probably out of their minds on spice. Of course, they weren't there for the spectacle of sex. Oh no, as young cults do when they're out of both mind and depths, they were here for more nefarious purposes.

“Shouldn't we at least wait until they finish?” One of the Seven snickered, a few of the others joining in with fits of tiny giggles. It wasn't a very humorous statement, but then again, narcotics.

A different pair of dilated pupils shot a death glare at the offending comedian, time was wasting. “We either do it now, or spend the rest of our lives as a joke to our peers.”

Karin_zps2f19f98d.png

There she was, in the brightly burning glory of youth, with high cheekbones and a piercing stare. A stupid bloody girl. It was such a long time ago that it felt like a different person, a severe young woman, all ambition and no humour, he past self was exactly the kind of person that Karin would scoff at and tease without mercy. Serious Sally's were always the most fun to mock.

“Chill out, dude,” the chimp (not an actual chimp, for clarification) with the mohawk drawled.

In response to that, the young Karin executed an extreme eye roll and pulled out a ceremonial blade, gladius-like in shape, the hilt an intricate dance of red and black. It was definitely a blade for darksiders. “Just prepare the scripture.”

At the risk of anybody's buzz being harshed, the correct preparations were made. The couple on the bed were still completely clueless of the scene unfolding around them, which was fortunate considering a sacrifice was needed. Nods were traded around the circle and the chant began. They knew not of the words they spoke, only how to pronounce it, which was incredibly foolish of them in hindsight. Of course, there was one person in the room that knew what those words meant.

Miss Dorn strode forward, blade in hand and it was in this moment that the ghost of the foolish girl saw how constipated she looked in that moment, it elicited a snort at the very least. Bringing the small sword down hard, it pierced through the writhing bodies who had now finally noticed what was occurring around them. Little too late.

The blood shed culminated with the end of the summons and thus he was born.

880e445f-d9dd-484d-a32a-92e29e06d73f_zpsf4e552a4.jpg

W̶̶̨͓͎̱͖̻̲̯H͏̛̬̖̘͖͍̬̬̦͉O̶̟̯̟͈̟̦̻̘̝ ͎͔͘D͘҉̭͕͇̱A̴҉̪̥R͍̻̻E̴͈̳͖̜̖̰̱S̷̢͎͉̦̪̠̟̜͚͠?̴̰̼̬̩̘͞

Betrayal incarnate.

“I DARE!”

A large block of a woman, another one of the Seven couldn't contain herself, “Holy shi-”

If you're wondering who cut her off then you only started reading this post right at this sentence and that's a really backwards way to go about things, you know? No matter how well built the woman was, the daemon's claws melted straight through her. It appeared that she had succumb to physical damage but it was definitely something darker, wounds in space and time.

One by one he tore through the circle, as they tried to fight, flee and beg, well, with the exception of Karin who just stood there, watching on, the voyeuristic stoic. Somebody finally pieced two and two together, she called him Dreadlocks and he was a far more promising Sith Sorcerer than Karin was, a pity for him that he didn't study his ancient texts.

“I KNEW we couldn't trust you! YOU HARPY!” he howled, hands beginning to crackle with darkside energies. A little too late to start figuring things out. A dark tendril erupted from his chest, his final words a gurgle. The Daemon had claimed the seven.

“If you knew you should have stopped me.”

Well, six of them at any rate.

The blood price had been paid, it was at this moment in time that the summoned creature should have disappeared but it remained shrouded in pure dark energies. There was a moment, it felt like the longest moment in the world to Karin Dorn, was he going to take her too? Had she mistranslated the text? Missed some small print?

B̼͎͕͎͕̠̮É̠̩̥̩̯̪͙Ţ͇̬̦͍͎̼͘͟R̶̠̹̫̪̮̯͓ͅA͓̥̭̙̭̝Y̶̫̘̱̹̜͓ͅĘ̷͚̪͎͈̼R̸̸̴͉̘͖̼ͅ,͏҉̞̩͉̹̙͚̼͞ ͎͈̣̣Y͉̖̩̫͇̘͢Ơ͍͉͕̭̼̗̭̭̦U̯͚̼̜̯̝͜͡ ̵͇̭͉̯̞͞Ḁ̦̜R̷͇̰̲̻͓̪̤̤̟͘E̙͖ ̗̦̘̞̰B͝҉͉̩̤̱̟̙̗O̶̸̙͚U͇̣̬̭͎͎̹N̹̜̜͓͚̦D͈͔͈̱̥͟.̷̨̰̜͉̠͙̙̣̘͟ ̡̛͉͖͔I̠͈̹͞T͕͈̘͠ ͏̢̠̦̲̖̕Ì̢̥͓͚̦͍̻̙S̷̘̤̣̳͍̼̀͝ ͕̘͕̠͟T҉̥̖̲̭̼̟͔͓̲͠H͇̱͕͈͔̩̹̻E͕͚̤͓̟̩͞͝ ̷̶͓͉͘P̴̹R̛̭ͅI̭̟̣̞̱̥͙̜̣͜͢͞C̺̲͖͞Ȩ͍͕.̠̲͈͈̳̘

And with that, the Daemon dissipated. Leaving Karin both alive and incredibly puzzled. For a few seconds she just stood there, wondering what the creature meant but seeing that she was still among the living the thought was pushed aside. She smirked. Now Thule belonged to her, and only her. The world would now learn of change to come.

---​
Just like that the room returned to its normal state, gone was the scene of squalor and any hints of the past long gone. Kaine's décor was a welcome change. “I finally understand. I was bound to this castle in death. A pleasant surprise waiting for me at the end of the road, to think about the sins I had committed. For eternity." The Lord would most likely need a few moments to take it all in. "Betrayal betrays the betrayer." Ouch, tongue-twister.

“How bothersome."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom