Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants to see a Pirate Faction?

The Pirate Niche seems to have died long ago. I've seen crews, and Bretheren Courts, but I wanna do a Pirate Faction and do it right.

Just tossing around the idea. Thoughts? Suggestions?

[member="Eliza Raxis"], There are a few syndicate and "pirate" factions. But I am not sure if anyone has an actual Pirate faction that is up and running.

I say go for it. Though, sadly, I won't be joining. Love to see where this would go though.

[member="Eliza Raxis"], The only two ways I see the faction surviving, is either as a Home for pirates and Mercs who specifically want to do raids and runs against almost anyone. OR Go big or go home. Raid and survive on raiding.

I like the idea of a centralized trade station, like Nassau back in the day. House the crews. I also like the idea of raiding non stop. Whom to raid though?

Maybe a balance of the two?

TB-705

T
I have a thread I am doing right now with many pirate captains.

Personally, I think that it's silly when each pirate captain shows up with a massive fleet at their beck and call. Pirates are usually doing what they are doing because they are desperate criminals who can't find work anywhere else. Sometimes they barely turn a profit and what they do make they spend on gambling etc.

My concept was for an unofficial group of pirate captains who each have one or two of their own frigate sized ships (because running pirate ships is expeeensive). These pirate captains would come together for large raids or to defend pirate assets, much like how the Nassau pirates operated.

I know there's a subbed location for an asteroid base. I'm going to talk to the owner and see if he will hand it over to me. We could use it as a semi-mobile shadow port.

yyAZqFB.jpg

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"]

Want don't we just capture a station?

I mean its all imaginary right? Say we put ourselves right on the Mara Corridor. We could tax folks to pass through our little section.

Your idea is almost exactly like mine. You got a faction board? Seems like we got a lot of interest and I'm pretty decent with graphics.

I also think its feasible for a captain to have two or three ships they fly with, each captained by a loyal PC.

TB-705

T
Eliza Raxis said:
I also think its feasible for a captain to have two or three ships they fly with, each captained by a loyal PC.
Exactly, but in my opinion that should be the upper limit. The last thing a pirate wants is some rich kid with a massive fleet taking up pirating with and drawing the attention of the major factions. Also a fleet is just harder to hide.

We do not have a faction board, since this was derivative of a few of us who have crime companies. But if you make one I will join.

Also, Jorus pinpointed some of the shadowports scattered across the galaxy here:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/59748-shadowport-location-map-smugglers-and-pirates-look-here/

Ok adding in some folks here to weigh in.

[member="Benedict Rotadaria"] [member="Myles Vylumnar"] [member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Kiber Dorn"] [member="Celty Ree"]

Like I've said before, I have a faction. I'm planning on putting it through a complete transformation.

I'm planning on getting a flagship. It'll be naval-based, and not specifically just pirates. Come on, we've got a little pride. The plan is to be a faction that acts like sort of a middle ground between all the conflict in the galaxy, like neutral mercenaries who only take jobs for pay. Whatever that job may even be.

Sort of like a large fleet that doesn't work under any specific government, and doesn't confine themselves to any specific planet (unless you want to individually).

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"]

Did you have a name for your guys little party?

[member="Myles Vylumnar"]

How can you remain neutral though? I like the concept, I just think it'd be easier to consolidate us all under one banner. Like a central hub of captains. You can still get your fleet that way too!

[member="Eliza Raxis"] A central hub of captains can be integrated. As for remaining neutral, the concept is simple: We, as free individuals, do whatever we want whenever we want and are not bound by the laws of the GA or FO.

My proposal is that we turn the faction I already have into something bigger. I don't plan on being the sole leader, as that isn't really what my character does. As long as I get to pilot the flagship :cool:

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] [member="Myles Vylumnar"]

The blazing chains are pretty sweet.

What about the Black Flag Consortium?

Or Black Flag Trading Company?

Something we can each unite our crews under, and still have them retain their own names.

Bretheren Court & Blazing Chains have already been used.

Myles if we could change the name and graphics to be more fitting for all of us I'd join up. You'd have to add a third admin though, help you dole out the work.

I can do new graphics. Something neutral but piratey.

[member="Eliza Raxis"] That's fine, but I still want to keep a little bit of it.

As for names, 'Black Flag' sounds a little 'eh'. We don't use flags anyway lol. Maybe something like the Black Armada or Valkyrian Fleet. I just like 'Fleet' or 'Armada'.

TB-705

T
I like the Blazing Chains, or Brethren Court. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean it's bad. For instance, look at all the major factions that are just re-iterations of other factions or canon nations.

Alternatively: the Bloody Bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom