Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Who Even Are You?

Inqusitorious_Div.png

Sith that perked their heads up before they had the strength to avoid getting cut down would end up cut down. It was an unspoken law of the Sith. Of strength. Not one that Alina agreed with. To just kill was to waste. To irreversibly harm was to hinder. She could understand the sentiment behind it, but better to prune the bud than remove it entirely. It's why she was back at the Academy. There were a couple that raised their heads when they shouldn't.

It was going to get them killed one day.

She stopped outside one of the classes, her gaze shifting through the crowd for the one in mind. Then, she lifted a foot. And kicked the door to the room right from it's frame in a screech of metal. Woefully unnecessary, but that's just what Alina enjoyed doing the most. Theatrics.

"I'm here for Malum. Step forward."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Well, academy life had gone back to normal after the door dislocation and impromptu duel had erupted by the Palace's entryway. The chunks and fragments of dirt and other construction materials had been cleaned up, and the door after a few days had been replaced. He had not had the opportunity to speak with the one who had pushed him away, who he had later learned had been one Venn Kolis, the Apprentice of one Darth Empyrean, one of the Triumvirs of the Sith Order, he would definitely be one to keep good relations with. He had seemingly needed to take a reprieve, and none knew where he was now. Of his opposition, one he would learn was named Alina Tremiru, he knew even less off, who was she trained by? Where did her loyalties lay? All unknown, indeed, all he had found out was why she looked so striking, with platinum locks, and an inhumanly pale complexion, she was a Sangnir, a High Sangnir if he was a betting man.

There were many a congratulation from some, on the so-called courage to fight the Sangnir, while just as many would shake their head and rightfully call him foolish, of course among them were Trayze, and admittedly he was among them as well, on reflection, it was one of the most foolish things he could have done. A Sangnir, especially a high one, was no trifling. Still, he had unwittingly gotten the eyes of the academy upon him, a self-made celebrity, as it were, he basked in their looks and their whispers as he walked along the halls. For one as shy as him at times, it gave him ample opportunities to flex his princely habitus, and it led to quite a many raucous encounters at twilight nights.

Yet, life at the academy has quickly returned to normal, as did his renown, one day the talk of the Palace, the next just another acolyte. That was likely a good thing, he had his fun, and now it was time to return to his education. He sat attentively, his pen squiggling notes as the instructor out front spoke, it was rather interesting he would admit, regarding the rapid expansion of the Old Sith Empire when it emerged out of hiding, the importance of vigilance was hammered home quite fervently, a lack of it could change victory to defeat ever so quickly.

Unfortunately, he would not be able to hear the end of the lecture, for his eyes widened, along with quite many of his peers, as the door of their classroom without warning burst open, the metal screeching along the floor. Quite a few found themselves on the floor, so taken aback by the surprise of the entrance, while the sound of tens broke out.

For Malum though, his blood was ice, as he gazed at the shined golden eyes of Lady Tremiru, they only grew colder when her words registered.

"I'm here for Malum. Step forward."

God damn it Malum, what had he gotten himself into now.

Eyes turned to him from across the classroom, he cursed them all. He could not exactly blame them for the reaction, he was sure he would have done the same... if he had actually known any of their names. Still, it meant any chance of hiding among them was gone, oh well.

He found feeling in his feet as they stepped forward, raising from the raised dais of seats, and walking down to face the Vampire. His hands were clammy, yes, but, he already felt the surprise before turning to adrenaline, if it came to a fight, and most certainly, it did look like it would become one, he would need much more flowing through his veins.

"Here I am, Lady Tremiru, whatever service may I provide you? Though, might I say, if you wanted to indulge in my presence you could have written." His tongue moved before his mind could, and thus, there he was, mocking her and being cheeky, rather than attempting to defuse the situation.

"Why do you do this to me?" Why indeed.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Look at the eyes in the room, on you. They're waiting to see how I'll react to your insults. If I don't punish you, does that mean I'm weak? If I do, does that mean you're weak? Will you die? So many questions they surely want answered."

Oh. There was a moment of realization as Alina spoke that she kept tucked down. Perhaps that's what the overgrown Darth Nito Darth Nito was trying to tell her. Insults without a real purpose or justification were a double edged sword. She clicked her tongue before turning what had been a cold gaze on the Acolyte towards the other students. Warm, devoid of hostility or anger.

"If we keep them guessing though, perhaps they'll think we're sleeping together. Wouldn't that be funny?"

For her, absolutely. For him? No. There were a couple faces that'd take issue with such a rumor. And what they'd do to him, well. She'd be laughing still, at least.

"Come, let's go for a talk little mouse. You've caught quite the bit of attention."

"Well if it makes no difference to you, I'd rather remain unharmed," Malum said with a nervous smile plastered on his lips. He was tempted to draw his lightsaber, but would she take that as reason enough to attack? To transform into her monstrous form, which had last time luckily been kept in an open area, but if it happened now, would be in the enclosed classroom. His eyes drifted back to his peers, he could not quite make out what their expressions meant if they were true as the Sangnir said they were, still, he did not wish any harm to them, but harm would fall upon them if she attempted to transform here... thus, it seemed that he would need to take her up on her offer. If battle did erupt, it would be a battle he most assuredly would lose, but it would be one that would contain casualties to strictly him, and indeed, may have her move to strike for less than true harm towards himself.

"You're right, it would be rather funny," How to be tactful at this point of conversation would be odd, Malum would easily admit that the Sangnir was beautiful, supremely attractive, she was in many ways his type as well, with an aristocratic visage, combined with platinum locks, and a confident demeanour, indeed there would be no complaints from him if they were as she put it, "sleeping together", still the unfortunate reality was that they were not, and thus he had to be careful to not insult her, "There would be no need to keep them guessing if we only came out publicly on the nature of our relationship." He gave a wink, as his eyes became rather fixed. That was... that was... that was not part of the plan.

"Stop doing things by instinct, THINK!" His brain shouted at him, as again, his mouth had moved faster than his mind. Still seemed interesting enough that, that if he didn't think things through he was somehow masking his unconfidence much better than usual.

Thus he kept his mouth shut, as he moved to stand near the Sangnir, he idly noted that he was slightly taller than her, but it was unlikely that small of an advantage would matter if battle came, especially not if she turned to her beast form. She was more beautiful up close, another mental note wrote itself, it was clear that she was far from an average build, but closer up, it made itself very evident that she was a muscular and athletic individual, not usually one which Malum would have his eyes drawn to, not that he did not see the appeal, but it seemed that an exception would be made.

"Focus, stay vigilant, she is not your friend, much less your lover." His mind instructed in evident frustration, the frustration he very evidently felt, but now almost felt intoxicated, what was going on with him? Was this some Sangnir magic?

"Little mouse, hmm? I didn't know we had pet names already, inaccurate ones at that," A jab at their height, and stupid words regardless, "Should I name you fruit bat?" The nervous smile twinged, as the fixed glassy eyes retained contact, ready for her to take her lead, as his mind fought a war between itself.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Wink again, and I'll take your eye."

Alina's smile faded at this point. Disgust was all that remained as she glared down at the acolyte. The more he spoke, the more annoyed she actually got. She said nothing further, instead letting her influence reach out around them. A void formed, devoid of the Force. Oppressive and muting. She'd even try to just cut him from the Force like she had so many others.

"You're far too arrogant for being so weak."

"Noted," Malum simply stated, the nervous smile shifting as an unemotional form fell upon him, a feeling of emptiness filling him. Now that was odd, he said glancing down at his hands, as he followed behind the Sangnir. He had been trained all his life to be able to put on masks of lies and half-truths, but normally, well normally he decided when the mask was put on.

The fact he did not have control, implied that it was not a mask, that it was how he was really feeling. Even if that were the case, he should have been able to put on a mask upon the face, but an attempt at a smile withered away as quickly as it was attempted. A look of consideration morphed back to the status quo. A further test, he attempted a frown, attempted to sink into the depths of his mind for the confrontation between himself and his parents on the return from Korriban. The frown morphed back to a thin line.

This was truly odd.

Continuing to walk, he delved into the great recesses of his mind to find the reason for this sudden change.

Physically everything seemed to be fine, indeed nothing had struck him within the mere moments that this change had taken place, as far as he could see. Nothing had struck his mood to do this either, indeed though the uncharacteristic confidence that had struck him in the classroom had been odd, it had been born of the plausible, the instinctual, this, on the other hand, well it did not come from any logical place. One moment he had been nervously confident, the next, he could feel nothing at all.

One last attempt then, he would flow the Force through him, there was always something distinctly alive and comfortable about the Force, it was alive, and there was something reassuring to have it wrap around himself, as a warm blanket, to keep the cold away.

The unemotional prison broke, for but just a second, as he let out a soft gasp. It was gone.

"What do you mean it's gone?" His panicked mind attempted to rationalise, as he felt a headache beginning to grow at its forefront.

It was frankly, exactly what he meant, the Force was gone, where once it ebbed and flowed along the riverine currents, all that was left now was... indeed nothing. His eyes widened as the full implications of what that meant hit him like a battering ram, part of him, part of his very essence, his very soul, one which had been part of him so evidently since his earliest memories, since he had been born... was just gone.

It was so simple to panic, to begin to lose control, but every time every thought of that, every consideration to do so, he was snapped back to unemotionality.

Mayhaps that was more an advantage than a disadvantage...

Mayhaps.

Unemotional, cold, and tactical, with only one goal in front of him.

Regaining the Force.

And as his eyes gazed in front of him to Alina, it became all the more clear who had done this to him.

"And you are too powerful to be wasting your time on an acolyte." Malum simply answered.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"That's the wrong thought to have. Those with promise should be helped, no? The very Sith you think are too far above you would rather just cleave you in half, or rip your skin from your bones. Whatever they can to make themselves feel better. More powerful. But that's the wrong way to go about it. Precious buds like you shouldn't be snipped before you have a chance to boom."

She reached a hand out, pointing one of her black nails towards one of his eyes.

"But perhaps you could use a pruning."

"There are very few Sith that I consider above me, but there are many more Sith that are by fact more powerful than me, the old adage rings true, 'the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must'. If they wished to 'prune' and 'snip' me, as you put it, there would not be much I could do to stop them." Malum said, his eyes lazily meeting Alina's, he was confident it was her presence that had stolen part of him away, the question was if it would stop if she was away from him, or if he even requested... or was this permanent? Would he need to kill one far more powerful than him to have this portion of himself returned to him?

That was certainly a troubling prospect.

"So is your intention to help me "bloom" then? I will admit that is far from what I thought you wished of me when you kicked down a second door within my presence." At a glance that would seem like a rather sarcastic statement, but it was hard to tell when Malum said it with the utmost seriousness. He stared back at the black nail, unblinking.

If she was going to make a move on his form now, he would be at a disadvantage, that was already a given considering their respective standings, but it was, even more, the case without the Force at his side. He would need to make do with his lightsabers, which... was no guarantee of success against what he assumed was a Sith Knight. Still, the fact they were in the Palace was an advantage he supposed, if he could hold for long enough, someone, be it, Venn, Trayze, or some instructor might move to aid him.

That was the hope, but there was a funny thing about hope.

Could not exactly rely on it.

Malum let out a gasp, as the Force flowed back into him like torrential rains, like the mythological floods, like the highest of tsunamis. It was so much of a sensory overload, that his knees almost buckled, and he fell upon the granite floors. Instead, his legs walked forward, at a pace much faster than a walk, as he swerved out of the way of the Sangnir. His breath was raggedy as if he had weathered a multitude of waves crashing back into his form, as he stood resolute by it all, every wave bringing him closer out to sea, as every wave weathered his already weakening form.

"How do you do that? Can it be taught?" Malum said, one arm latched onto the wall, as the other was latched on his heart, his chest finally beginning to calm, as he looked toward the fast-moving away Sangnir.

"I can honestly say... the me who said those words... was not me... or it was... but not exactly me," Malum said, his eyes scrunched, as he rationalised the very radical difference that had come over him without the Force present. Was this phenomenon something that was documented? Something others had experienced? It was a true out-of-body experience as if the part of him was either shielded away or imprisoned and forced to watch a shambling skeleton walk about. Yet still... very much in control of that skeleton. Truly bizarre, truly bewildering.

"I have no desire to die, at least not yet... if you would be so kind to teach me anything you know, anything you would be willing to have me know, I would be forever grateful," Malum said softly, as he leaned off the wall, and begin walking towards the Sangnir, keeping a fare distance. Despite what she had done to him, something he hoped he would never have to experience again, she was powerful, and she had come here offering to teach him, he had insulted her, even if it wasn't... him.

Though he could not really say that either, could he? He had bit back every retort she had sent at him, teased and joked, and though that may have been fair enough, it should have been something that was above him. He hoped his family never heard of this incident.

"Arrogance has been the enemy all of my life, the day it becomes my friend, is the day I have failed," Malum said simply, as he awaited the Sangnir's response. Perhaps it would be enough, but if it was not, well, he had wasted a learning opportunity, and that would always be a true regret.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

Alina paused. Raised a brow.

The stark 180 didn't bother her too much. It was the claim behind the change. She'd taken the Force from countless. Suppressed it, severed it, all mixture of things she'd done. But no one had ever had a personality change from it. The old coldness in his eyes, the shift in his pulse, even. There was no hiding that kind of change.

"It's not taught. It's an experiment gone wrong. I could do the same to you, but with it you loose your ability to influence the Force. At least until you do another ritual that is more than likely your death."

An experiment gone wrong? Well, that was certainly something to be avoided. He hid a disappointed frown, as he considered the next move. What he was particularly interested in was more about Sangnirs. Information about them was scarce, and books regarding them scarcer still. Yet here in front of him was high blood Sangnir, any questions he had, he could ask, and they could be potentially answered... depending on the Sangnir herself of course.

"As much as the offer is appreciated, as has become apparent, seems my connection with the Force is rather important," Malum gave a nervous chuckle at that, as he scratched the back of his head, it was good that he seemingly had received back the Sangnir's attention, now the question was more if she could teach him things beyond her species, rather simple, but the question was what did she intend to teach him? "Moreover, I cannot say I have done much research into rituals and such, though, if that is what you intended to teach me, I would be more than welcome to learn of the topic. Truly one of the more... archaic and occult parts of Sith teaching."

The question was raised then when she had come here to teach him, what did she intend to impart to him?

He really hoped it was not dueling, to be trounced this morning was not part of his schedule.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Oh I don't think there's anything I can actually teach you. Ish. I've plenty of rituals and sorcery and what have you stored up here." She tapped the side of her head. All the years spent scrambling to find some use for herself. Some power in the Force. Something to be more than useless. All that with the Tremiru Archives and she had the knowledge of any sorcerer. And no affinity or ability to use it herself.

"You smell strong. Special, perhaps. So I'm going to test and see if you actually have the affinity for Sorcery or not. Few Sith actually do, mind you. I don't, despite who my family were."

Sorcery, the closest thing to magic that his scientific mind would allow to rationalise, well there was also alchemy he supposed, but still, real sorcery, he heard the legends of the ancient Sith users who could do much that most would have considered unnatural, acts of physical violence, altering the perceptions of another, the creation of artifacts, locations, and weapons, healing, incantations, protection, even necromancy, twisting life, the disturbance of the natural order. To have him even learn of a fraction of those abilities? It would be an undeniable boon to him and his. The question was then, how to learn these skills? The answer seemed to lie with the woman in front of him.

"And how exactly will you test me, milady?" Malum asked, genuinely curious but also cautious, he was no stranger to pain or the occult, but that did not mean that he willingly sought them out. Malum carefully mentally noted down her comments regarding family and herself, was the mentioning of who her family was, a jab at his own aristocratic roots? Perhaps? But she did not seem to be making any mockery of him, perhaps she was being serious. On the other matter, Malum found himself rather touched that she would be willing to teach him something that she herself could not do, it was giving an advantage to a potential rival, or perhaps it was giving an advantage to a potential ally?

Also what did Ish mean? Was it some term of endearment? Or an insult?

More things to look into, he supposed.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Don't you milady me. You're already creepy enough with your stares."

It wasn't a far walk from the classroom. Just down the hall, down the stairs. Towards the very obviously creepy and dark basement. Which was both, but with taste. The occult and such was often filled with.. The occult. Not much else to say about it. Various dark cloaked sorcerers and alchemists went about their business, pouring over ancient tomes, attending bubbling basins of alchemic blood.

Alina just walked through, right towards the center. Right to one such basin. This one was empty, but the dark radiated from it like everything else in the room.

"We test your blood, then see if you can handle an incantation or two." She motioned to the bowl, and to the knife beside it.

"Go on."

Malum blinked owlishly at the rebuke. He was not sure if he should chuckle or be offended by the Sangnir's words. He had never especially considered himself to be creepy, indeed the words and actions were rather parts of the courtly etiquette bred and drilled into him since birth, but of course, coming to the Palace had been a culture shock for both him and all those that interacted with him... people here were either too casual, or too cold, and that was coming from a person whose general demeanour could be rather cold towards all strangers... which for the most part constituted almost everyone within the Palace.

Now the more worrying prospect, had he been staring? Potentially, and indeed, it seemed like whatever he had been doing, had been unnerving the Sangnir, that was a bad sign. He made a mental note to attempt to cut back on that, attractive woman or not, his eyes could look elsewhere. Like towards the open circular veranda towards the left of him, where the Sun shined warmly on the few seats and the majority of plant life. Seemed his fellow student peers were enjoying their time, though when they looked towards them, and perhaps, particularly towards the Sangnir, frowns dotted their faces. He even received some pitying looks. Others began to move away from the potential blast radius.

Seemed memories of the entrance were not so quickly forgotten.

"As you wish, Lady Tremiru." Malum said, a thin smile on his lips as he followed behind her, turning as they made their way down to the under bowls of the Palace, he could not say he had ever been to the place before, but he resisted the shivers at the back of his neck, as the dark foreboding rooms beckoned. Figures in the shadows moved about silently, he could only assume they were sorcerers and alchemists, for indeed, this place was the home of such things.

He continued to follow behind, as she led them to a rather bare room, bare all apart from the basin in the centre, of which on top stood a rather ritualistic knife, the darkness emanating from the room gave him a sense of calm as he felt of purpose come over him.

He nodded towards the words Sangnir as he stepped forward and took the knife. He had heard of such bloodwork needing to be done for such occult parts of the Sith Order. Staring down at the basin, he could make out a swirling pool of... something, it was as if it was electrified water, but indeed he knew it could not be that, and something about it made it clear it was far more powerful than just that. The liquid Force perhaps? Mayhaps he would learn what it was in the future.

Grasping the cold handle of the knife, he placed his hand above the basin, the blade within the hand as he tightened his hand around the blade.

Best do this quickly rather than think.

He hissed as quick as a flash the blade ripped through his hands, droplets landing across the room, as a torrent of blood fell upon the swirling pool.

His hand stung greatly, and he knew it would take a few days to heal.

But what was pain to knowledge?

Inqusitorious_Div.png

Alina took a noticeable step back. Really back. Alchemy and Sorcery were founts of untold and untapped power, with vicious side effects if not controlled properly. Was this going to do anything? No, a simple test to see his affinity shouldn't have any problems. Shouldn't. She wasn't about to risk it. Her golden eyes watched in silence as blood dripped into the bowl. And reacted. Shimmered into a black fluid, swirling in the basin in a state between liquid and solid.

"Well there you go."

Blood continued to drip at his side, his other hand still grasping rigidly onto the ceremonial knife. As his eyes were fixed down upon the swirling liquid within the basin, it had visibly darkened when his blood had fallen into it, swirling both as liquid, back changing forms too, moving between liquid and solid without sense or reality, as he closed his eyes, he could feel the dark side whirl about him as a shadow that rather seemed to exist in a further realm, had now the ability to affect their own. He breathed out roughly, as it felt that the shadow was embracing him, choking him out of oxygen, as his knees begged to collapse, his shoulder blades pressing inwards as his eyes fluttered open.

Then in another moment, the feeling left him, as glancing down upon the pool, it continued its movements.

Malum turned towards Lady Tremiru and gave a small smile.

"I assume that means I have an affinity for sorcery?" Malum was not entirely sure, of all he had attempted to learn, he could not say that sorcery had ever been high on his list, too occult, too mystical, but after what he had just experienced, as his breathing finally properly leveled out, hunger was at his lips, he needed to learn more.

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"No, it means your capable of twisting the Dark Side into sorcery. Capability and affinity are very different things. Enjoy your spells and your alchemy. If you don't get consumed by it, then I'd say you've an affinity."

Actual advice instead of her usual annoyance and anger directed his way. He reminded her far too much of her sister. Alina slipped her hands behind her head as she turned towards the door.

"Find yourself a teacher, or a spell book, or something. Wild experimentation will get you consumed. Last bit of free advice. Have fun~"

Not an affinity then, but a capability, and taking her words at face value, it seemed that in itself was superior to whatever she could wield. Was that all she could teach him then? Simply proving that he had the capability for sorcery? Sweat trailed down his brow, as the basin began to calm down its swirling patterns, returning to its liquidus state of... whatever mysterious Force filled liquid remained.

Watching her walk away, Malum was filled with uncertainty, was that the case, that she could teach him no more, or was it that he had annoyed her without realising. Malum was fast realising that it was very difficult to read the woman, and that was problematic in many regards. Well, at the very least there should be no harm in asking, right?

"Is it possible for you to be that teacher?" He softly spoke, to her quickly leaving form. If she accepted, great, if she did not... he would follow her advise, find a teacher, find a book, heed her warning as well, and keep away from experimentation. Even accept the last piece of her words... have fun. He mentally chuckled, despite the difficulty, the woman did have a sense of humour he could understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom