Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are your favorite historical figures?

Archimedes was a brilliant engineer and fascinating person, if a bit eccentric.

As far as celebrities in more modern context, I've always had a deep abiding respect for Charlie Chaplin.

Among great leaders, I've always like the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and the Sengoku period of Japan. Although the legends swallow up the history at times, both have such a brilliant cast of characters.

I think it’s fair to argue that both East and West played decisive roles in defeating Nazi Germany.

Without going into too much detail, the Soviet Union provided the setting and the bodies, and the United States provided the key distraction and the armaments.

It’s inconceivable that the Western Allies could have won the war without Soviet help, just as it’s difficult to imagine how the Soviets could have won (as opposed to continuing an indecisive stalemate) without the weapons and distraction caused by the UK and USA.

Either way, I think Bismarck is a fascinating figure in the development of Europe, and his genius can be seen in how quickly Kaiser Wilhelm II threw it all away after he was gone.

i have always admired sir john monash. he is one of those guy that did grate things but you never hear about him coz he wasn't liked by his surprisers.
he was the first australian to be in charge or the australian army. he also was in charge or much of the US army fighting in WW1 but that didnt last long and no americans like to talk about that... :p

he was a an amazing general. he came up with so many tactics that nowadays seem obvious, but back in the 1st WW wasn't evan thought of.
i could rant of about him for a long time but the truth is he didnt get much credit coz he was a bit of a rouge, a jew, a german dissonant and he had an affair.

Molgus

M
I like King Henry VIII and Bloody Mary (Mary I) From Tudor times. I learnt alot about them at school

I always have respect for Napoleon. He raised France from the chaos of the Revolution into the most powerful state in Europe, and it was because of him that modern canning exists. If he had not submitted himself to his disastrous Russian campaign, the EU would probably be just the French Empire right now.

Then of course there are the ones a lot of Americans are taught about and love, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, and Albert Einstein.

My favorite though, Tesla. Tesla is just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom