Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Whistler's Hole [OPA and Friends]

Born standin' up and takin' back.
Hoth
Whistler's Hole

7xZSe6w.jpg

It was opening night of the new hotel on Hoth. An ambitious undertaking and a gamble, to establish a hotel on the icy world. Named after the sapphire ice worms who dug winding borrows in the ice and at night you can hear the eerie sounds created by the frigid winds as it whistles through their tunnels. It adds to the atmosphere of the place, and at night guest can hear the worms at work.

Whistler’s is located in a Hanging Valley west of the Cirque Glacier, one of the local attractions that bring people to visit Hoth, along with the history of the place, there is plenty of fun to be had in the snow or go out across the ice place fauna spotting. Or they come to simply enjoy the unique place, carved out of the ice, spend time at the bar or snuggling with a loved one under the furs in the individually theme rooms.

The Whistler delivers on its promises.

vOc0MJm.jpg

Under the business end of the ice gun, Eldin placed his shot glass, the bar keep of the Hermit's Hole poured the colourless liquid through the hammer and it only took seconds for the alcohol to trickle into his glass. It was his second but many more to come. He slammed the glass on the ice bar and grabbed his beer. Everything was so damned cold here, the walls thick, translucent and in no danger of melting any time soon.

Eldin grew up in the sand of Tatoonie, the heat beating him day in day out, he was not really enjoying all the layers he had to wear indoors just to keep the cold at bay. But there was always a positive to any given situation, booze would do the trick!

x7TSXJ5.jpg

As was his habit, he turned and leaned on the bar pulling the beer bottle to his lips, as his eyes darted around to see who might be arriving tonight. However, as he went to move, the fur on his jacket stuck to the ice the bar was carved out of, he looked down as the bar keep handed him a warm wet cloth.

“Hope me bare ass don’t stick to the bed tonight”, the bar keep chuckled. Yeap the beds were carved out of ice as well.

Aeshi pressed the magnetic snaps of her spacer jacket together and pulled the sleeves further down as wandered through the crowds around the hotel. She wasn't sure who had wanted to get in on this craziness, but it had just been enough for her to invest in the endeavor with Tillian Family Enterprises. Not that she necessarily had high hopes, but there had been a ski resort on the world once. That had been successful enough until the First Order had conquered the planet.

She swirled a glass of Tillian-Cola as she stepped aside to the side of the party, eyes watching the crowd move and swirl around the room. She didn't have her pistols with her this time, but that should end up being fine. It was a party. Granted, if she knew anything about this wild, chaotic galaxy, parties turned into battlegrounds as quickly as Coruscant.

One drink tossed back and she moved towards the door, looking out into the cold wastes beyond the door.

The Empress toured the beautifully carved halls of the resort location swirling her dark whiskey around in a glass as she stepped about. Her eyes fell over the intricate carvings and minute details left in the ice. A sip of her liquor caused a shiver, the lack of ice in her drink was unusual, and she chuckled as her breath formed before her.

It had been some time since she had been out, dealing with strife at home had warranted a state of focus inward. But now, the turmoil at home had been quelled and she was ready to begin showing in the public light once again.

She made her way back to the main room, where a majority of the party goers were, and headed to the bar for a refill. The night, if extended due to the nature of the world, was young and this was a grand opening!

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

At reception, people were checking in, a slow trickle but it was a start. Eventually they would make their way to the restaurant or the bar, or both by the end of the night. Eldin had no appetite for now, only for the beer in his hand, which had been replaced with another.

The dull hum of conversation filled the room, body heat started to have an effect on the ice carved walls, he noticed a soft sparkling on the white blue surface as light glistened within the small beads. He felt content, there was something calming about the place, or maybe it was Hoth.

Eldin spied a girl moving to the doors, gazing out to the horizon beyond, one of the investors he assumed and from her countenance, she seemed to wish to be alone. Beside him, movement caught his eye and as he turned a white lady came to the bar to refresh her drink. She appeared regal and graceful, the type that Eldin did not encounter much. He couldn’t say he had met a girl with a tail before, not that did intrigue him.

He turned toward her, “Good evenin’ ma’am”, he nodded in greeting. “I hope ya enjoyin’ ya stay”.

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

In contrast to the desert worlds he visited, Hoth was a frigid hell. The King heard rumors about how cold it truly was, but until he experienced it for himself the re scarce believed it. Now he was glad he the accepted the woolen throwover.

Despite the initial itchiness, which grew ever more tolerable as the cold robbed him of sensation Enlil eventually "warmed" to the article of clothing. He'd been drafted by the folks on high to run security detail for a new hotel in the most unbelievable of places. He wondered absently about the process they used to choose the "randomly selected Judge," but ultimately kept it to himself.

It wasn't like they weren't paying him to do it. "All clear," he muttered into the strange comm device they'd prompted him to wear for the occaison. "...do we really have to use these ridiculous pseudonyms?"

"It's part of the job, just go with it."

"Fine. Prettyboy over and out."

Enlil thought he heard laughter from the other side of the comm, but in the end, it was probably just static.

Phalsi had silently tailed the judges. One having met in space, which she cared little to think about beyond that. The other, at a bar where he had raised a fit over his revealed proclivity of wine with supper. She was bundled up, but Hoth was a kriffin cold. Her teeth had finally stopped chattering however, given that she was well inside, and her body heat was beginning to permeate the heavy wool lined clothes.

Her slicing tool was beginning to lag in the cold, even pressed against the innermost layer of clothing to attempt to keep the device even slightly toasty. Whoever thought more cooling was always the answer had clearly never set foot on Hoth as the woman perused the establishment. Eyes wandered over the whole scene, mask not on this time as she slowly made her way to the bar. Had to see if there wasn't something back there keeping hands warm.

Enlil Enlil would, if he already had not, spot the woman fairly easily in the crowd. Silver-gray hair would likely stick out like a sore thumb, but then again the backdrop was..well, bright. Eldin Daine Eldin Daine might even be able to recognize her with a studied look given that he had managed to catch a glimpse of her face from the last time they had met.

Then again there was also distance, and the fact that she was intently headed for the bar that could make her a bit harder to spot.

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

The Corellian Rose (retired)
It wasn't often Eliza Steele indulged herself in the comforts of a hotel stay on a stopover, but the road had been hot and dusty so to speak having just returned from her first coreward roundtrip along the new hyperspace lane called the Starbird Trade Spine.

So when the smuggler heard the news of Whistler's Hole grand opening working with her timetable of coming through the Anoat Sector on her way to Kal'Shabbol, Eliza said why not. She could use a little "me time" away from what seemed like the endless bickering between her Wookiee co-pilot and the Corellian Dawn's rather eccentric LE series repair droid that had been in the Steele family for as long as she could remember. Eliza kept saying she was going to give the old droid a memory wipe, but the Corellian just didn't have the heart to do it even if Leboo's snarkiness grated on her nerves... or was that just PMS making the freighter pilot edgy most of the time?

After checking into Hoth's "ice" hotel, Eliza was told by the reservation clerk at the front desk that her room wasn't quite ready yet due to a 'slight puddling issue', Apparently the heat had been turned up too high in the room and the bed melted? Seriously?! Ha! She would though be compensated by receiving refreshments in the bar for the night on the house ... Now that was something the firey Corellisi could truly indulge in. One could always find a bed to sleep in...

~*~​

Strolling into the Hermit's Hole with her usual feminine swagger and wearing a suede leather Browncoat instead of a vest over her normal spacer attire, the petite brunette stepped up to the bar and flashed the bartender a lopsided grin.

"Steele's the name. I believe there is a complimentary bar tab waiting for me. I'll take a bottle of your best whiskey and a Corellian ale if you would please."

Last edited:
Her attention turned to the owner of the voice that questioned her, offering a welcoming smile as her ears flicked and tails lazily swayed behind her,"Why good evening to you as well Sir. I am thoroughly enjoying myself. It is quite a lovely aesthetic and very nicely executed." she looked around at the bar carved out around them to express her point before returning her attention to him,"You would be the proprietor of this establishment I assume?" she asked warmly.

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Enlil Enlil | Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

Steele? That was a name she hadn’t had in a very long time. What was it? Ellen? Ely? Eliza! That was it. Aeshi pushed herself off the bar and stepped through the crowd.

“Eliza, right?” Aeshi leaned in on the bar and glanced over. “Long time no see. We crossed paths way out on some Rim smuggling route, didn’t we?”

Was it Imynusoph? Had they met at her trade outpost? Or somewhere else running stuff for the Coalition? Some sort of Underground business? Her mind was fuzzy on the details.

Eliza Steele Eliza Steele

For an opening night, the place was filling up nicely. The bar in particular, was starting to become standing room only which suited Eldin just fine. The more people the more cash, and the idea of putting a hotel all the way out here on Hoth might just have been a good one. It catered for people that wanted a different kind of holiday, it was for the adventurous minded types that wanted to stare death in the face, after all it was only just outside especially at night. Through the day it was not much safer, at least you would be able to see death coming and might do something about it. A pause in the humming noise of conversation allowed for the Whistlers to sing their song. An eerie sound echoed through the hotel from beneath them which told Eldin the wind outside had picked up. He pitied the poor sods on patrol.

His attention pulled back to the lady beside him, "Part owner, but yeah got me a slice of the place, I am pleased ya like it", he flashed his killer grin. "Where ya from?".

The bar keep was busy, new people arriving and giving him orders. One in particular he knew immediately sidled up to the ice bar. Well if it isn't Miss Steele. He owed her a drink even though the house was her's tonight due to a mishap in her room. She was joined by another, someone he did not know. "Good evening ladies", he greeted them both with a raise of his beer bottle.

Eldin felt a bump in the back, looking over his shoulder to find a girl ( Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen ) pushing her way through. "Pardon me ma'am", a faint glimmer of recognition in the face but he could not place it really, the events of their first meeting a little sketchy.

Eliza Steele Eliza Steele | Enlil Enlil | Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

His first round of the night went by as uneventfully as anticipated. Why anyone would do anything remotely criminal in such a cold place. Eldin was the more mild mannered and easy going of the two men, so he got to man the bar. Someone mentioned something about a fear that Enlil might drink all the wine if left unattended...

The King shook it off. So what if there was a limit to how much fermented grape juice he could imbibe on duty! He had a right to at least a taste, since he had agreed to this job... right?

Before he could get all the way back however, Enlil was made aware of the sudden group of women all around the suave young Judge. "Judge Daine," he greeted the man stiffly, in hopes of abating the more flirty and carefree mood in favor of something more work friendly. "Ladies," he added respectfully.

He did not know most of them- Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou for certain, she carried herself with a more regal air, though he had questions that arose about where she came from and who exactly she was. Eliza Steele Eliza Steele was a spacer like most of the folks in OPA, though she was not the grungy, soot stained, five o'clock shadow that haunted many of the vessels docked at Terminus. Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian he remembered from New Outback, even if it was a fleeting thing. He didn't quite recall her name... just the face, and the demeanor.

No, Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen was the one he remembered foremost. When he saw her face, he pointed her out. "Yes, I remember now," he said flatly. "Cocktails but no wine, can you imagine?" his voice trailed off for a moment as he shook his head. "Thank you for coming to our fine new establishment," he smiled. "I am Enlil, and I will be working to ensure you all the safest stay possible."

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine

"Oop, sorry." She spoke quickly to Eldin Daine Eldin Daine , keeping her hands tucked up to her mouth to keep some of the warm in them. Weaving through the crowd, she wondered how in the verse she was so affected by the cold. Upon approaching the bar, Enlil immediately tagged her, and even spoke as she looked at him wide eyed in surprise. She could not easily forget the man, aside from his vibrant introduction over the lack of wine, was his odd manner of speech.

"Yeah, no wine on Terminus. Kinda surprised." She shook her head after speaking, blowing out a quick breath. "Thought it an interesting thing, a hotel on Hoth of all places. Gonna do a bit of security work myself, if this little thing can warm up." The slicing and gaming tool came out, screen stuck on an image as she looked over the bar in its entirety.

"There something a bit warmer in here, Like a heated blanket I could throw this under?" She asked, putting her hands inside her jacket.

Hermit's Hole

The petite smuggler turned her dark head at the sound of her name being uttered by another female spacer, who had slipped into the spot next to her at the ice bar. The young woman looked familiar as well.

"Well yes, though that depends on who's doing the asking," Eliza quipped flashing a lopsided grin Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian 's way. "Aren't you one of the Tillian's, Aeshi if not mistaken, and you are the captain the Stardust?" she expressed with a thoughtful look about her face. "Yeah, I've been out to your outpost a time or two, but it's been a minute. I also have been involved with the Underground, Smuggler's Alliance, and the old Alliance's Merchant Fleet. I am sure we've crossed paths there as well... I do know of a Roth, flies starfighters I think? He related too?"

The barkeep set down on the bar top in front of Eliza a Corellian ale in a frosty mug and one of his best bottles of whiskey in stock with a tumbler to drink it from. The Corellisi reached into a pouch on her gunbelt and pulled out a cred chit for a nice tip being the alcholol was free, then flipped it in the air over to the guy. "Thanks kindly, mister. How about giving me an extra whiskey tumbler for my friend here," she flicked her chocolate drop orbs back to Aeshi.

"Let's find us a table and give this bottle a good try, eh... We can chat a spell, that is if you'd care to?"

That's about when Eldin Daine Eldin Daine addressed the two ladies. "Evening, Sheriff." the fiery brunette favored the tall, dark, and handsome with a smile as they exchanged greetings in passing.

Last edited:
She flashed a return smile as the pair continued towards the bar,"This is a very lovely place. I am kind of eager to get some rest on the beds...made of ICE." an amused giggle slipped out, before her answer came,"Where are my manners. I am Kimiko of Akarui." purposely left out titles and all that. She was here to enjoy herself and herself only.

They reached the bar, and she squeezed into an opening beside him and ordered a refill. He noticed some familiar faces and she would just sip and enjoy the liveliness of it all.

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine | Eliza Steele Eliza Steele | Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen | Enlil Enlil

“Well the beds are lined with fur blanket, so ya should find them most cosy especially if ya generate a lot a body heat”, he grinned, and he had to wonder if this pretty lady had other parts covered in fur apart from her ears and tail.

They made it back to the bar, and she slipped in beside him close enough that Eldin had to raise his arm for her to find a place to place her order. “Kimiko, now that is a pretty name”, he turned side on to her giving her all his attention. “Akarui, that’s a place I ain’t been to, just before the New Outback, am I right?”.

He signalled to the bar keep, pointed at the two empty drinks in front of them both, and quick as a flash, the refilled arrived much to the disgruntle to those at the bar waiting. But ya gotta keep the boss happy.

“Now I have forgot me manners”, he smirked, “Sheriff Eldin Daine of the OPA at ya service ma’am”, he gave her a nod. “Tell me about yaself, I am mighty keen to learn all about ya Akarui”. One foot propped up on the railing at the bar as he leaned forward resting casually against the ice counter.

Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou | Enlil Enlil | Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen | Eliza Steele Eliza Steele | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

Eliza Steele Eliza Steele

Aeshi simply shrugged at the question, and raised a glass. "That would be me. Captain of the Stardust. Owner of a trade post out on Imynusoph. Distiller of Tillian Cola. An excellent dark whiskey." She took the extra tumbler and raised it in salute to Eliza and the bartender. "Yeah. Roth's a cousin of mine. Also Kida if you've not met her yet. Running around with Jedi last I heard."

She jerked her head towards a corner. "Got a table with my name on it over there." Quite literally, her name was carved into the ice. Officially, she'd say it was from being an investor. But really, it was because she had gotten bored at the early period of the event and she'd carved it in with her durasteel fingers. "So, what brings you around here to Hoth? Not much of a trade market here, certainly not for propaganda either."

"Oh? Now, I haven't tried that one yet... I do love a good dark whiskey paired with an equally good cigar," Eliza replied rather enthusiastically to Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian , then the petite brunette followed the other ship captain over to the table in the corner that had the woman's name on it... and not just figuratively either. The iced tabletop literally did!

"That carving there reminds me of when I was a young school girl back in Tyrena and some kids used to doodle on the desktops when bored or didn't want to tune into the lesson being taught," the Corellian smuggler answered with a knowing grin before sitting herself down on one of the ice chairs, unsure exactly how she felt about all the chilliness of the place, though did like the vibe going on.

Eliza filled her whiskey glass about half full and offered some of her score to Aeshi as well, then put the opened bottle down upon the table and took a sip of the amber liquid letting it lay on her tongue before swallowing the Corellisi's favorite spirit and relishing in the familiar burn all the way down to her stomach. The warmth was appreciated in this environment.

Reaching into an inside pocket of her Browncoat, Eliza pulled out an engraved silver case with a fancy S and a blaster scorch mark on the front, then popped it open. She plucked one of the unsmoked Sweet Theed cigars out for herself, then held out the case to her table companion. "Care for one?"

After lighting the cigar in a proper fashion, cutting the head and flaming the foot just so, Eliza took a couple of good puffs, holding the aromatic smoke in her mouth for a few moments, then exhaled out making sure to blow the smoke up and away. With the cigar resting on her middle finger and index cradled over it, she took another sip of the whiskey from her glass with a thoughtful look upon her face.

"I just returned from a trip to the Core... via the new Starbird Trade Spine, and now I'm on my way back to Kal'Shabbol, which is my current port of call with all the chaos happening on Ord Mantell. So, I thought while I was passing through the Anoat Sector why not stop and see what all the hub nub was about the grand opening of this here ice hotel. It's a unique atmosphere and concept, I'll give ya that." she winked, then took another good puff off the cigar.

After exhaling once again and knocking some ash embers off the tip into a tray, Eliza asked the same question basically. "How about yourself? Is this business or pleasure for you?"

Last edited:
Enlil looked to the strange device that Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen produced and considered her request for a moment. "I have means of generating heat."

The King found himself a seat at the bar and bid the Jedi come closer. He rested his forearm on the counter with his palm facing upward. As he took a moment to focus his own warmth into the gauntlet on his hand, the King ignited the air just above it and a gentle flame nestled there.

He kept it small, careful to not expand the heat in a way that might melt any of the copious ice all around them. What a disaster that would have been! "Here, bring it close to the flame. It should warm right up."

It seemed the opening of the hotel was turning into a success, at least to him, because a decent crowd had gathered at the bar. Hopefully that meant all the rooms were booked full, too.

"They could've made it a little bit colder." Kahne declared with a small laugh as he entered the Establishment, now he had to admit he was a bit skeptical about the idea but it warmed up to him after a few days. And here at he grand opening he couldn't' help but feel proud at those that were involved with the project. The Judge glanced around and could already see a few faces the he recognized, the most notable being Eldin Daine Eldin Daine and the King himself Enlil Enlil

The Jedi smiled and gave a wave of his his hand towards them and towards Eliza Steele Eliza Steele as well. Kahne walked towards the bar, his fingers tapping and dancing lightly upon the icy top as the bartender came towards him.

"Corellian whiskey, please." Kahne voiced as he stood and awaited for his drink. A hotel on Hoth, was quite the interesting concept, and it seemed to be catching on to people. The glass was handed to him and Kahne too it eagerly, raising the glass to his lips and taking a small drink.

Phalsi scooted to the side as Eldin Daine Eldin Daine and Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou made their way to the bar. She flashed a hap-hazard smile to Eldin, blinking as plain alarm covered her face for a brief moment before Enlil Enlil drew her attention. She turned her back to the pair, his gauntlet began to warm and her eyes locked on the armor. She held the item close to the flame, a touch of wonder about her features before slowly showing that she was also enjoying the warmth provided.

Even the heat that was making her forget the cold could not stop the woman from giving a quick snort as she heard the sheriff Eldin Daine Eldin Daine behind her comment on getting to know Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou better. She could imagine a few ways they could know each other better given the setting they were in. Her lips rolled, keeping her mouth shut before she decided to open it and possibly get kicked out. Even with what she was getting ready to do, the relative warmth she was in was far better than what awaited outside.

The screen flickered, the device slowly absorbing the warmth as Phalsi's eyes brightened and a hopeful grin appeared. "Ah, almost there, just a bit more! Thank you!"

Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou | Enlil Enlil | Eldin Daine Eldin Daine | Eliza Steele Eliza Steele | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom