Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Whispers in the Void

In Umbris Potestas Est
The Surface of Demonsgate

The world of Demonsgate had taken on a new value to the entity known as Onrai for a deliberate reason - the rift. Since the former Sith had acquired the Sunstar-Shadowstone from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim and used it to tear open a hole through the boundary of reality to another world, a dead world that had a link to where it was she needed to go in order to acquire the potently pernicious artifact offered to Darth Mori in exchange for her association. To her knowledge, naught but Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin knew of what she had done here. Now too she stood on the precipice of being able to make use of the dead world beyond once more.

The rift gaped immensely, having opened itself far wider than such a crevice should have been able to - wide enough that from space, the rift itself could be seen as a speck. Into and out of the rift traveled water transports, garrison bases, and a variety of other utility vessels that were helping to establish a new world on the far end - colonization efforts of a planet whose name had not yet been decided.

Yet such a disturbance was not unlikely to draw outside attention by those so attuned to the boundary between dimensions being tampered with.

Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

The art of dancing in the light
"I wonder every time where my dear Neryn is going to fly this time, where she is going to go this time and who she is going to meet.
I come to the same conclusion, even if I could once control star systems and shape them and do the rest of the fun stuff, but I can't understand you! So
little, mean, funny, genius, and yet even weirder than I am. Anyway, I like it being with you."

That's what Neryn, who at the moment was on one of the water transports as a chance to get to that distant planet, at least that was the plan, but what would actually happen, the girl did not know.
Sitting inside the ship in her cabin she lay quietly on the bed and read a huge encyclopaedia about mythological planets and empires of the past, but since she had heard almost everything and more from her friend, but she was using
the book more as a personal id map, which somehow identified her as an expert in the ancient runes and other processes involved in the formation of the galaxy and its evolution to the present day.

"I'd rather communicate with beings of your kind, one is cool with one, but the others would be even more useful. You're all so cool and extraordinary, I could draw a picture of every single entity and give it all to my descendants for their own personal collection, so they'd know what kind of
"how conservative and spiritually evolved I was!"

Singing Fire laughed but did not reply, letting the girl enjoy the air of flight and silence.

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
A pollutant.

That was the best way to describe the sense Onrai received as the colonization effort furthered itself. Yes, there was another presence very much like her own - somehow, albeit infinitesimally weaker and more insignificant, another one of those astral entities filled with potent otherworldly energy. As the water transport pierced through the barrier and entered the fluidic realm of otherspace, emerging from the surface of the dead alien world, Naivia would find another sensation being, one darker and more ancient than her own, had taken an interest in her.

How did you find my newest laboratory, child?

"I am very glad that such a beautiful creature as Onrai thought of you as child, Neryn'!"

In response Neryn only quietly placed the book in her lap and with the help of a particle of power received from her friend
entered a special space that existed outside time and space and replied.

"I seek where my destiny takes me, Onrai. But it is an honour to hear your voice and to be able to speak to you."

Afterwards Neryn got out of bed and with a yawn went to her desk and decided to open the book on the page of just this Force Entity because of the interest ,
in how to have a dialogue with a creature of this nature.

"Don't worry so much, if you're afraid I can talk to her and explain how a living being runs from one strange encounter to another"

Answered Singing Fire, who wondered how Neryn would react and make contact.

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
That was certainly not the expected response - usually immediate supplication was what came from the lips of those within Onrai’s domain, or direct antagonism, the legitimate accusations of her or being the deity she professed herself to be. Happiness or appreciation was most definitely not expected - so it certainly intrigued her.

That you have come here and offered yourself to me in conversation is intriguing. That you carry yet within you a spirit ever similar to my own is curious. Surely you wish to do more than talk?

The water transport landed on the surface of the world it had emerged upon, a lifeless world covered in dust-laden rocky landscape that had been sapped, scorched, or otherwise scoured of organic life millennia ago. Life would have a second chance here - a chance to serve itself and develop safely away from the greater threats of the galaxy.

"I don't mind meeting you, Onrai!" said Neryn in a cheerful, gentle voice and jumped as her entire body was filled with excitement . A feeling she really enjoyed as it was a smell sign of her true, pure nature still being one with her current, adult self .

"Another meeting!!! And not just with a sentient being, but with a real goddess! That's how lucky I am!"

Neryn realised herself again as a small child, running across the distant green fields, around the giant smart cities built by her parents
as a paradise for top planetary government. Naivia though she knew this, it was to her the best model of the universe for the inquisitive child that she was.
Thinking about talking about her friend, she replied in a slightly more respectful voice.

"His name is Singing Fire and he is a very pleasant and wise friend. Although he can make jokes and make fun of a girl too! And that pisses me off sometimes!"

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
There was one but one term that could appropriately be used to describe the circumstances that Onrai herself was experiencing, the emotions she felt in response to the cheerful commentary from the nascent penetrator into her sanct domain.

Confusion.

It made no sense to her why this one, presumably knowledgeable about her and certainly more enlightened about matters beyond Jedi, Sith, and the Force, would be so calm, so peaceful without the slightest shred of antagonism. Perhaps this was the result of simple naïveté, one not fully understanding exactly what she had been given.

Or perhaps it was an opportunity.

“So you are one who another entity has sought to enlighten? Intriguing. Verily, intriguing.” Onrai’s form began to wispily manifest next to her, the vague outline of a woman beginning to shimmer. “But there has to be more. You wouldn’t be here on a restricted ship going into my domain if it wasn’t for another reason. Tell me, child. What is it you seek from the goddess Onrai? Power? Instruction? Blessing?”

The ship was just beginning to leave and Neryn still had time in this atmosphere to talk to Onrai.
She listened carefully and when it was her turn, for the first time ever, she replied.

"I don't want to take anything away from you. All I want is to remind you that you're not alone and whatever plans you have for the galaxy and yourself too, so I'd just like to spend time with you. Share your emotions, your thoughts, your feelings and you share yours. It would be so much truer and easier and I'm not going to attack you in any way, I don't even have a weapon on me."

The girl smiled sweetly and began to gather all the things to get out of the ship, mostly without the use of force but purely physical force. When the girl had gathered everything, she bowed to Onrai and said

"I'm renting a flat on the outskirts of the colony, we can meet there. And if you want to talk to Singing Fire, you can just touch me. I really hope we become good friends! "

Neryn smiled sweetly and went to leave the ship with all the other sentient beings

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
The buildings at the initial colonization site were for the most part temporary prefabricated constructs brought over and assembled by construction droids. Everything from biological samples and liquid water to other bioforming technology was being utilized in an attempt to create the optimum conditions for life on this warped world. Already the strain on Nathema's population had been eased through transplantation of hundreds of thousands of ex-Sith Empire citizens and personnel to the new world.

"You want to spend time with me?" She said, very surprised and a tad bit confused - this was extremely strange. Onrai, even when she was but a mortal, had never experienced the suggestion someone wanted to spend time with her. Not when there wasn't something to gain from it, after all. As she left the ship and headed to her assigned apartment, Onrai's wispy wraith followed, staying as out of sight as it could.

"You're asking something strange." She said. "You're wanting... companionship... with a deity, something unknowable which millions of people commune with through an interlude such as a priest or priestess. What you ask is something great."

Neryn, too, kept as far away from the main roads as possible, so that no one would notice
She also stayed as far away from the main roads as possible so that no one would notice her aura, much less the abnormality she was now indulging in, as it might have seemed from the outside.
Hearing Onrai's words, the girl pondered over her answer for a moment but decided to explain in a simple voice.

"When I met Singing Fire, there were no priests, no grand temples or altars. All there were were dozens of dead star systems plunged into a strange confusion in which
I saw signs of loneliness, loss of ground, farewell to life, and I had no time or opportunity to pray and do something like that, but I went through a lot of suffering to get through to him, and I did.
We are like inseparable friends who met on the road and have been walking hand in hand ever since. I don't need the formalities and I hope you don't either. Yes, it's... probably selfish, but I really want to spend time with you. Especially since the possibility of meeting
with Singing Fire will change your mind about some things or you'll just have a great time with all of us."

Neryn reached the three-storey hotel, which especially didn't have the normal smells and views and after going through a couple of official things like finding a room with a key and all sorts of questions, the girl eventually ended up in her room,
tired she put all her things aside and lay down on the old, dirty bed.

"And this is where I'm going to spend a couple of days, I'll have to write a diary about it later!"

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
"So it is in the world of madness." She said. "This planet is a part of a dead universe, a place where life was created and destroyed in a near-endless cycle. A charnel laboratory where I and those like me toyed with the very fabric of creation to create those first few sapient species aside from humanity." Onrai looked out the window to visualize the torrid atmosphere, the site still mere kilometers away from the edge of the portal itself. "The Charon did well to sterilize it for us once we were finished, our time as puppetmasters ended as the Celestials before us." So, at least, was the truth nestled within the syrupy membranes of Ooradryl's carcass, long-since dissected for the purpose of extracting every scrap of usefulness from the primordial's corpse. With the creature's powers came its memories, that of it and its lessers equally slain by the power of Imperial weaponry. It had taken all Vanessa had within her, every ounce of strength in the Dark Side, to ensure her success in such a venture.

"How will meeting with Singing Fire provide me with that which I do not already know?" She inquired. Curiosity did reign within the entity's mind as to where exactly Naivia's own came from, what possessed it to meld with her and provide it with a tip of its own nascent power.

Neryn listened to Onrai's question and after thinking about it answered in a rather simple way.

"It won't be knowledge, it will be union. He will try to explain how it came to be that we became one and everything else that I as a mortal cannot understand, even possessing an innate genius and probably...
It will help you to find someone who accepts you for who you are, regardless of your dark past and all the other things you've created. And I'm willing to help you with that, if only to start with
with walking around together and doing things that usually create some sense of joy, no matter how small. And even more interestingly, I will share with you those secrets about my life that maybe other people won't understand, but you will.
That I believe in" After this the girl covered her eyes and tried to relax, she did not care at all about the fact that there was another force Entity next to her, she was so used to it and did not pay any attention anymore.

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Union?" She said. "Alright..." A thought came briefly to her mind, but she soon thereafter chose to dismiss it before offering her hand to the young woman, a profferance of willingness to connect with the entity melded with her soul and learn whatever was locked deeply away within its archaic knowledge.

"Let me speak with him."

Naivia nodded and stretched her hand forward, trying a little to feel something from Onrai's hand.
Inside the girl was the most mixed power, warmth, love and peace with something ancient, but also peaceful and humanistic.
Now within Onrai's body one could hear a pleasant, masculine voice that spoke as if from the depths of time.

"I wanted to say that I was honoured, but I remembered that I too am of a nature like you. I am very glad to meet you, Onrai. Please forgive me if you might be uncomfortable with this
attitude from a mortal, but you can trust her. She's a very intelligent and good girl. I just wanted to talk to someone... Find out how you're doing... What you're worried about, what you want... These conversations are good for you and me.
Especially since you probably have a lot of questions and I'm willing to answer them all. And yes, we came here for you, at least according to the legends in the books. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings. It's pretty much the only way for me to study the world from the inside
of Neryn's body."

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
She’s a bit naive to be dabbling with this kind of power so… carefree. Onrai spoke directly to the entity, not wanting to speak ill of the young woman who had spent so much time to come to her and speak. This is not something someone like her should be taking lightly. I have smote other lifeforms of more import for far lesser misdeeds. But while we’re on the topic, what exactly is your story of origin? You are not like the ones who are dead or the ones I destroyed in order to ascend. You seem… benign. Harmless even.

Perhaps it was a trite bit crass to say such to an entity whose capabilities had yet to be fleshed out before her, but the fact that such a creature had yet to showcase its power even to a sliver of a degree was… disconcerting.

"Interesting question, think of me as a sentient fragment of the very force that has chosen to know the world around it and the nature of things. But I try not to use the force as I have a deep connection with Neryn. Her life and the state of her nervous system and health in general depend on me. I can't take such risks for the sake of all sorts of shows and huge battles. I believe that no matter where you are in the hierarchy or who you were born into, you have to love your creators and the environment that created you. Even if it has been deadly, because it has played a key role in the construction of that individual on which the whole picture of the universe and all concepts and feelings are based. So I really hope you won't be lonely and even with Neryn you will have a fun time. She is a completely peaceful girl and don't expect any gain, just be happy that someone thinks so warmly of you and is willing to be with you. "

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
"A fragment of an ever-present existence?" She asked. "Bizarre. The Force has never demonstrated any ability to cleave itself asunder and create autonomous fragments of itself - and yet here you are." She said. "And here I am, the power of the very gods of creation within my grasp, yet I cannot do so much as breach the barrier between dimensions and reach the realm of those whose laws form the structure of the universe. Where the Celestials sheltered themselves when their laboratory turned against them."

A sigh came from her lips. "That is my purpose. All the effort wasted, all the lives lost, all the discoveries made - it all boils down to one thing. Ascension into the fabric of reality."

"Ascension...Power... Gods... Death... You hear these words very well, they remind me of one of the last stages of matter existence, when it is already abandoned by energy and the breath of life, it begins to rot, devouring everything inside and around itself, matter is no longer able to exist, and being too long in this stage of death leads to the birth of small black holes and space bubbles, within which time is either compressed or spun, or things happen as in a delirious dream. In simple words, it is a very interesting goal, all the more so because it is basic. I don't have a purpose in life, I live and help those who are ready to accept me, and you don't see many like that and that surprises me. Anyway know that besides power in the vocabulary of any being there are terms like beauty, wisdom, movement, breath, consciousness. And I'm sure you have it all in you too, just don't forget about it. The Force puts its mystical mystery of life and love in us and receiving it, we get an opportunity to create and learn love around and life in ourselves, I hope very much these thoughts will help you "

Onrai Onrai

In Umbris Potestas Est
"The dead universe. Or a dead universe." She quipped in response. "How familiar, the charnel remnants of the laboratory where the Bedlams and their spawn created and destroyed as they saw fit. A lifeless husk now, emptied of all but the genocidal spider-constructs that say all must die, including themselves." Shrugging, she was surprised that such an entity could view the concept of amalgamation into the fabric of reality as something so... so plain.

"The thoughts have certainly given me something to consider, though I suppose the question does ultimately remain - would you help me with my endeavor?"

"I don't mind helping you, then the final decision is not mine, but Neryn's. So maybe you're being arrogant or somehow distant towards
to mortals, but I'm asking you to open up and be honest with her. Yes she doesn't know much about us, but what she does know has helped me find a new meaning in life. Maybe
you might find something for yourself in her thoughts and actions. That's all I can say for now, it's been a pleasure talking to you, Onrai."

Onrai Onrai

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom