Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Whispers and steel

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Yalara academy

Tag | Eido Wreyth Eido Wreyth

Time had passed since she was first taken from those old slave pits, but how long had it been? Eido had gotten to see fellow students who wished to apprentice under her master fall one by one, be it from the depths of this cursed place or by the brutal hand of Adeline herself. All focus was placed into simply surviving the cruel monster known as Adeline, Eido perhaps had even seen glimpses of what this creature could do when testing fellow students. All of which never passed every test, now they walked these same halls as soulless puppets.

It didn't matter how much time had passed, what was important is that Eido and a handful of others could claim to one vital thing...

You had survived thus far.

Far be it for anyone to understand why the vampiress was so forceful and persistent with her lessons, but those under her dread wings rapidly found themselves to improve. They had to after all, for the devil was waiting just around the corner.

Two other students stood at the ready within a room, each one given scars they will always remember. One of them, a fellow dathomirian zabrak gestures at Eido as she entered an empty ritual room.

"You got a summons too then? Any idea what she wants..? I- Well I don't know if this is some form of test or not."

He scratches at his head, waiting for Eido to respond to his question... What even was his name? You all had been at this for some time now, and yet the only bond you three had was that you had made it this far. Together through the thickest, sharing scars and beatings. And yet the whispers of the dark maiden are all that linger in the mind, how you can hear them echo off some faint pulse in the cold below.

Sickening how your mind has been so warped that you know not the names of those who stand with you.

"While we wait, do you two ever hear anything? I swear sometimes something is touching me even though I see nothing.."

Another, a human who had strike marks upon her face. Claws had dug in and tore, and yet here she stands. Her question would be asked in a mildly sheepish tone, it was clear that whatever illogical presences stalked these halls unnerved the woman.

But who were these two? Does your mind try to remember? Or do you forget and see them as tools?

It is all on you little acolyte, who are they?

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

"Everything is a test." Eido hissed quietly, regretting her past choice of words. Adeline had been testing her since the moment they met and each test was more grueling- more lethal- than the next.

It wasn't entirely clear how long she and the Dathomiri male had known eachother. His name was Zothe, and even if she found his naivety annoying right now, he was her last connection to their species since entering the academy despite it being the place in which they met. Then the human chimed in

"While we wait, do you two ever hear anything? I swear sometimes something is touching me even though I see nothing.."

She only glanced at her. The human girl, Oryenn- no, Orayn- was acting strange lately. Well, strange for someone not of Dathomir anyway. Eido had always pitied her, known that she and Zothe had a physical advantage being Zabrak, their ability to better endure pain and a heightened endurance being quite noticeable lately. And yet Orayn survived where nearly twenty others had all perished. She had underestimated the girl, but it was clear to her that something was wrong.
Even so, they couldn't afford to be weak right now.
"Stand firm my dear,

"Stand firm" She repeated the words from memory almost shakily. Eido was honestly exhausted, the only thing hiding the bags around her eyes being the black ink tattooed into her face. But they had to keep pushing back. Adeline would not hesitate to kill them, so they must be ready to kill whatever might enter this room.

Even if it meant...

"We must all stand firm. Perhaps together, again" No. She didn't dare continue the thought. Kin killing got her into this mess, she should purge the very idea from her mind. Unless...

"It's not real, Orayn. Dark Magic toys with the mind, and it's definitely here" It reminded her some of the tomb where Adeline was summoned. It was very different in it's own ways, but the core components were there. The Undead. The Dark Side. A power hungry overseer.

"An opportunity to learn more is a great thing"

She had learned to hate the day she said these things to Adeline. She had traded one slave master for another and she was too blind to see it then. Her black and crimson flesh had picked up new scars between her wrappings, as had the mind, but they were from the same source as before. The living dead, and the beatings of a master who did not care. Perhaps she and Zothe- her comrade in circumstance- were more alike than she wanted to admit. Naïve. Strong of body but weak still...

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Yalara Academy

Zothe simply nods, his eyes wandering around the room as he tried to use the force to detect danger. Meanwhile, Orayn frowns a bit... Things had been taking a toll on her mind, things unseen yet not unheard.

"Not real- Y- Yes.. But I don't know how to describe it."

Eido had chosen the more humane path, a path more akin to the light.

"Great, so we have no idea what is going on and I bet none of us has slept a wink in ages. Do either of you regret your choices?"

It was a question that no doubt had been looming in the room, yet one not a soul wanted to say.

"No."

Orayn says with a stern tone, she may have been jumpy by nature... But it was her paranoia that had kept her alive.

"I can't say I do either, we got this far right?"

Zothe declares, it was his brute force that had gotten him this far.

And Eido? Her will to linger, to be more than so useless slave like she had once been...

All of them shared traits from their master, even if they didn't know it.

"Twenty entered, three remain."

Her soft voice lingered throughout the empty space as a rack of vibro-swords elevated from the ground, the machinery coming to a halt as it was ready to be grabbed.

Adeline would appear from a dark smog, with it being unknown how long she watched the trio.

"No sleep, no breaks. I feel it within you, let your anger for me grow and blossom into a beautiful hatred. Use that today, right here and right now. Take a sword and strike me, kill me."

The other two acolytes take their blades, unsure how to approach this. Sure they held anger to use, but how in their restless state would they even begin to approach her? Keres seemed to never sleep, was she even alive anyway?

"Open your eyes."

Using the force she pushes the trio back, like how someone would push your chest to show aggression.

"KILL. ME."

Again she pushes them, baiting Zothe into charging. His anger filled swing is stopped as Keres grabs the blade, clasping it within her gauntlet as the blade shatters. The man is then backhanded back over to the other two, their master letting out a small chuckle.

"Incorrect my dear."

Her scarlet eyes peered from behind her helm, it was clear she was watching them, waiting to see if any of them would learn.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Orayn was surprisingly quick and firm in her answer.

Eido said nothing...

She had come into this academy with high hopes and dreams. They had become a waking nightmare that she could never wake from. Or perhaps she simply could not sleep long enough to dream. Did she regret it? Did it matter if she did not not? This could only end one of two ways. Either way, she would sleep again someday.

Her little red eyes widened as a familiar voice began to drift through the darkness. Deceptively soft, a siren song that allowed those who heard it to twist it's meaning. But the truth of what Darth Keres was had never been hidden, she never lied to her, Eido had lied to herself the day of her ritual. She had no one else to blame.

No, she had no time to regret her choice. All she could do was push on until she failed or became something greater.

"Iron within, Iron without. Iron within, iron without"
She muttered and watched the others take swords from the rack, studying their hasty movements in case it were a trap. But there they stood with blades aloft, hands intact, so she took her own and listened. Keres wanted their anger, their hatred, it was a reoccurring theme in this place, a part of the ancient code they were learning. She knew nothing of the Sith when Keres first brought her here but little by little it was becoming clear. Familiar, at least.

Zothe struck first as was often the case, but to no avail. No matter, Eido had learned that this was an advantage for herself. As he began to charge, taking the Darth's attention, Eido quickly ducked into the shadows and ran. Not away, never away, but in a half circle, trying to strike from behind. It was instinct now, every person leant on the other for strength in some way. That is why she needed Orayn to be strong now just as before.

Eido's strength was will and precision.

She grit her teeth and aimed for the heart, holding her blade in both hands as she dashed forward to spear her master. She knew it couldn't possibly be this easy, Keres was a power in of herself, a force of nature or perhaps the void between distant stars, but in times like these it was a fun fantasy to indulge.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

As Zothe was struck back across the room, it did appear that Eido had an opening. The catch being that appearances are indeed deceiving, as was common with Adeline indeed.

A hand made of a strange inky mass sprouts out, aiming to grab Eido by the neck. It was fast, otherworldly... Beautiful.

Orayn's eyes sunk as she gazed at the darkness, it was her nightmares in the flesh. In a panic the girl screams and tries to cook her master with a bolt of lightning, with ease Keres simply absorbs the energy with her hand.

"Keep hold of that fear, let it empower you my dear. It is that fear that will keep you alive after this, I know it will."

A retaliatory bolt launches from the clawed hand of Keres, hitting Orayn right in the chest so fast and hard that the booming sound only came after.

As Keres had guessed, Orayn was badly hurt by the blast... Yet the girl still had the strength and will to stumble back up, tears dripping down her face as the heavy burns stung into her with each step.

Orayn screams out at Keres, an animalistic cry emitting from someone Eido knew as a shy and reserved person. Now she was filled with raging energy in its most basic form, her master smiles under her helmet.

Zothe, shocked at the sight of how wild Orayn was becoming had been at a stand still for a moment. Joining in with Orayn as they both rushed in to help Eido, the trio could now be in an all out attack. With Zothe tackling into Keres while Orayn used her sword to try and bash it into the mask that hid their master's face.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Eido was stopped dead in her tracks by the shadowy hand of Adeline, or perhaps some other entity of which she could command, there was no telling what exactly this was for the Dathomirian. The sudden collision of two opposing forces briefly stole her breath, neverminded way it squeezed her slender throat. However, her hands were free, One to grab the spectral hand back and another to jerk the blade upwards at the thing's inky wrist in a chopping motion, which also put her blade in position for a painfully slow cross cut. Anything to release that monstrous grasp or perhaps to sever this new limb entirely.

In the midst of all this, She had front row seats to the sickening lightshow that struck Orayn, the thunderous boom ruffling Eido's hood until it fell, then whipping her unkempt hair behind.

The intensity of this sudden flash briefly blinded her, and she could only imagine that a charred corpse would greet them when her vision readjusted to the dark chamber. But to her utter amazement, Orayn was... alive. Burnt and in terrible pain that allowed the dark side to seep into this accursed place just that much more, but alive. To see such a timid woman rage against her foe with such fervor despite her wounds, to pounce upon Keres like a rabid animal, it was unnerving as it was awe inspiring.

Is this what Keres had meant? did this have something to do with the lesson?

Eido had little time to think however, the attack was pressed and to falter now could be her death. She gripped her sword by the dull edge near to it's tip where she had better control, ramming the sharp point at the space under her master's arm where surely there must be some manner of joints to allow the nightmare's limb to move, where she might use her leverage to pry it open as if wielding a bladed crowbar.

Eido was getting desperate. But surely something- anything in this foul place- had to give?

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

By perhaps some miracle, Zothe had managed to tackle into her while Orayn kept pressure on Adeline long enough so that-

Schlick!

The blade- It- The damned thing went right into Adeline. Their master pausing as strands of cursed blackened blood leaked out from her, their master continued to stand still.. And soon black tendrils coiled around them all, pulling them close up against Adeline.

As she held them all in this cold embrace, Adeline began to laugh. It almost didn't stop as the area around them became dark as the void, eyes watching from all around as other mouths joined Adeline in a beautifully psychotic cacophony of gleeful laughter. The very area around them kept giggling as she slowed her laugh down, letting out the very words none of them wanted to hear.

"Ohh my lovely students! Do you know how wonderfully delicious this moment is? See how you have grown? But alas, you may finally rest. I can only have one as my apprentice, so from now until one remains I will watch.. Thus concludes this lesson."

And with that, their master vanished in a dark smog within an instant. With her left the otherworldly phenomena, only a dead silence filled the room after Eido's blade fell onto the cold hard floor.

The other two glared at Eido, and at one another... What a sick joke, how could one rest after being told that? No, this was yet another test..

The other two didn't move much, hopeful that they may yet have a truce for now at least.. Yet that lingering paranoia loomed in the air, after getting this far, why would you risk it all on fragile trust?

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Eido grit her razor-like teeth in a near smile as Adeline began to bleed. Black. inky black, just as she imagined it would be!

Yes...!
Oh yes...!

It even gave her master pause. Did it simply hurt? Did she injure the many eyed devil perhaps? She wouldn't dare be so ambitious, but why else was Darth Keres at a standstill?

Then an unseen force grabbed her- grabbed Zothe and Orayn- pulling them all close, smothered against their tormentor's infernal armor. She was... laughing at them. Always laughing! Like this entire galaxy was just some plaything of hers! some sick joke to amuse herself between ventures looking for more Acolytes- more toys- to play with in her damned academy turned living dollhouse.

She hated it... she wanted it to end... wanted to give up. To die.

Then she was gone just as quickly as she came. Darth Keres was naught but smoke, dropping Eido and her blade to the floor. She fell to her hands and knees right in front of that sword, not even blood remained. It was all for nothing.

No...

Nono...

"NOOO...!"
She would shout into the echoing darkness, slamming her hand against the stone.

The exchanged glares between her two companions did little to ease that cold feeling. The sense of betrayal that had festered ever since Keres brought her to this accursed place. The sense that this would never end, even in death there was no escape, the only path was to become one of the sleepless, chittering flesh puppets rotting outside this room in eternal servitude to that- That witch- Keres!

She would join them soon enough, murdered by the very people who...

"No..."

Eido spat at her own weakness. She was a daughter of Dathomir! Champion of the gladiator pits! Slayer of the Howling Tomb Coven! She had fought too long and too hard to be here. To live...

"Ha..."

"Do... do you regret your choice now...?" She smiled bitterly.

The sword levitated into her hand, point down so that she may force herself up from on her knees, standing. Tired, and breaths labored as she whipped herself into a frenzy with emotions that permeated the very air with Darkside energy, but standing nonetheless.

Many knew of the fact that Zabrak had two hearts, lending to their incredible stamina. But on Dathomir, legend says that a Zabrak possesses three hearts:

A false heart in her mouth for the world to see.
Another in her breast to show to her love and her family.
And her real heart, her true heart,
her secret heart, which is never known to anyone except herself,
Hidden only force knows where.

"Orayn... Zothe..." She looked to them, one after the other. Even in this perpetual darkness one could see the shift in her eyes, that unspoken acknowledgement of what she must do. Of the weakness in trusting anything to chance. That the only way to get out of this hell was the same thing which got her here in the first place.

Her paranoid fear, her heartbreak and rage was such that-

Her eyes... were glowing.​

"You were good companions, all things considered."

Eido afforded them one last melancholy smile. One of masked sadness. One of apology.

"You were good friends-"

She dashed forward with such speed and ferocity that the sword whistled as she swung upwards in an agile, powerful uppercut that would have been almost elegant as Atrisian swordsmanship if not for the unnatural and brutal strength behind. The Blow was meant for Zothe, who she assumed wouldn't be nearly well prepared as Orayn in her paranoia. Eido was a brute and a murderer, she knew that now, accepted it even, but she was no fool. Her rage was a quiet one, singular in it's focus on doing what must be done. On killing all obstacles to her continued survival, just as it was on Dathomir, just as it would be here.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

The other two knew what her words meant, there would be no peace this day.

"No, I still have no regrets. I came from nothing and made the deal myself, we all signed the pact... Guess it was on us to figure this would happen one day."

Orayn says, a faint smile on her face. In truth, her rage a moment ago had burned her energy quickly.

"On us indeed, but at least today two of us will find peace.."

Zothe says in a strangely level headed tone for him of all people, he was in a focus, primed and ready.

Using his own brute strength he presses a decent defense against Eido, suffering only a cut as the last use of his broken blade clashed against Eido's. As the man stumbled back, the last thing he expected was for another blade to puncture right through his chest from behind.

Caught in a moment of gasp, he tries to put together what just happened.

"Peace. Is. A. Lie."

Orayn sternly proclaimed as she ripped the blade out from her former friend, the body falling onto the floor.

Her hands quivered as she built up rage again, mind cracking.

"Through passion I gain strength!"

In a violent ferver, the woman stomps her feet before screaming a harmful wail in the direction of Eido. Such sound would flay at the skin, bleed the ears. It was something she had learned from Keres, and now it was being sent right at Eido.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Eido had expected something like this, though not so soon. Ever the fool she was for underestimating Orayn when the woman had always proven deceptively resilient, and even more so deceptively cunning. It was... such a cruel thing to pit them against each other like this, especially when they made for such strong allies all this time.

The sudden scream caught her off guard more than anything else however, after all, how can a mere mortal be faster than sound?

She stood there in stunned silence broken only by pained grunts and panting as Orayn's very voice tore through air and her skin alike! Red marks formed through the inky black tattoos across the Dathomirian's body, some of her wrappings becoming torn as the ragged cloak that once warmed her was thrown aside by the sonic assault.

She leaned forward, almost falling to her knees again, but as screaming stopped, so did she. Eido stood. Ears ringing, all other sounds muffled and sensations muffled in pain, but still she stood.

"Through... strength..." She began to recite back at her adversary through grit, sharp teeth despite being unable to hear herself for the moment, stumbling forward.

"I gain power!"

And as her red eyes shot up at Orayn to pierce the darkness one more, so did her crackling hand, sending arcing strings of lighting at her like a web of rage.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

The tendrils of hate coil and arc around Orayn's body, causing the girl to fall to the ground. Her limbs twitch as it appears most of her skin is burnt, she screams in agony as everything had been so deeply burnt that you could see bone in places.

The mouths appear again, giving a sharp smile to the both of them as Orayn cried out in pain. And as the pain got to her, she had finally snapped. Mind broken open like a soft little egg, her eyes moisten with tears as her very soul had to give up.

All around the darkness laughs at her much like how it did before, cruel and uncaring as the woman broke down into nothing. Eido getting to hear as all her hopes and dreams were either screamed out or leaked from her sleep deprived eyes.

"I REGRET IT! I REGRET IT ALL!"

The girl cries out, wishing she was back in the past.

"I just wanted.."

Crack!

Within an instant, Keres appeared and stomped her metal boot onto their throat. The mouths stopped laughing, eyes now forming as they watched Keres.

Orayn was broken, her gasping and gurgling cut short as Keres throws her down into a pit of darkness.

"We cannot regret this path, no matter how much it takes from us. Orayn chose to be content with her past, a mistake to go back to such weakness..."

Keres sighs before looking over to Eido.

"I expected the human girl to be my top student, but alas it would seem fate has yet again given me a surprise."

With a snap of her finger, the body of Zothe rises, now an eternal protector of this cursed place. Nothing else had to be done, the heart had done its work and the body automatically started its patrol.

"Go enjoy your rest dear, you earned it after all."

The armor clad woman chuckles, no doubt making Eido unsure if this was yet another test.

"Soon I will have a task for you."

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Eido stopped just after her target dropped to the floor. At first she stumbled forward, dragging her sword behind. For a moment longer, it was just the two of them. The one who stood between herself and freedom, right there.

But as she neared ever closer, her heavy breath slowing, she was not met with the adversary she had come to execute.

Crying registered somewhere in the back of her mind, something she had never heard from anyone but perhaps herself on those secretive nights alone in the woods where no one else was allowed to hear. The sword fell from her grasp, clattering to the floor as she saw Orayn's burnt and mangled body, barely clinging to life.

She looked at her hands, and fell to her knees in horror.

She hadn't even meant to use lightning against Orayn, never meant to cause such horrendous pain. She was only acting on instinct. This wasn't some grand victory to relish in, nor the quick execution she had imagined would spare the girl from such agony. This was was just... Murder. Ugly, slow and terrifying murder.

"Oh Orayn... I'm sor-"

Keres revealed herself amidst a sea of all seeing eyes and violence that nearly saw Eido stumble backwards. She watched with a terrified grimace as the woman was beaten and thrown into an almost otherworldly pit beyond her understand
"We cannot regret this path, no matter how much it takes from us. Orayn chose to be content with her past, a mistake to go back to such weakness..."

She stood quickly before Keres had turned around, the shock of this experience still evident on her face. Even as Zothe rose from the dead, even as she was given the first sign of recognition she had heard in all her life, Eido could not look away, staring into that accursed mask in a cocktail of fear, confusions and hatred.

"Soon I will have a task for you."

"Task...?" She blinked "Task?!" and barked.

"Am I to simply go and await... orders? Am I still but a slave here?!

We made a deal. You told me I would be better than the witches who chained me!

How is this any better?! When you've made me into a some kind of...
Animal!"

Even despite the exhaustion of so many sleepless nights, even despite so much energy going into her rage and lightning, The Dathomirian still had the energy to shout through grinding teeth.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

In truth, Adeline was not amused by the actions of her newest apprentice. Yet.. For now their teacher kept a level head, no sense in wasting it all so soon.

"Still a slave? Dear do you not remember what all you had just managed to do not but mere moments ago? Do you really think the girl I took in that day could stand her ground against even one of these acolytes?"

The eyes watch, weeping a bit as Adeline grew a spark of anger inside. Her rage being so potent and refined that even this little drop would make a wave Eido could feel.

"Open your mind and see how far you have come thanks to my teachings, when we made our little pact I never claimed the lessons would be easy. I pushed you and all the others to see who broke and who could become stronger through pain. Each and every single time you get pushed to your limit.. Be grateful, for each time is a new lesson and the ripest moment for growth."

The creature taps at the chin of her helm.

"According to our pact.. I already did my part, even if the teaching was only minimal. Thus, I can either kill you or just- No, no no we cannot have that."

Adeline laughs a bit, cheerfully sighing for a moment after.

"I would recommend you continue learning of course, unless you just want to think of yourself as some mindless and ignorant animal."

She scoffs, snapping a finger before the room changes. The space now much smaller, and the pit that Orayn had been thrown in was now gone?

"Anymore questions? Concerns? Best tell me them now, I will learn them all over time I assure you dear."

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

"Have we been here so long that you've forgotten how many witches I killed to be here...?"

Frankly she was insulted by the notion. Surely she would have done... something. Right?

A part of her wanted to take up her sword and put that theory to the test and take out her frustrations surrounding current events, she certainly took a glance at the worn blade. But even in her anger, the rush was still subsiding. Rational thought returning as she turned away from the discarded weapon that she knew would do no harm to the inhuman thing before her. A demon or shade perhaps from old Dathomirian tales.

"Bagh!" She growled, kicking it away with a metallic clatter.

Adeline's smug aura was almost as frustrating as her actions. Always seeming so calm and delighted despite the wanton abuse mere moments ago. So casual in her threats as if it meant nothing to her, as if this were a game.

Perhaps the true source of Eido's hatred in this moment however was the simple understanding that she could do nothing about it. Not yet.

But then why could she feel her master's anger still?

"Anymore questions? Concerns? Best tell me them now, I will learn them all over time I assure you dear."

"Yes, a few actually..." She turned to face the demon, wiping some blood from her own face.

"Why can I feel your anger too? Was this not what you wanted? For us- for I- to hate?"

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

"My anger is thanks to you not realizing how much you have learned, seeing the strength you have gained. I care not if you hate my guts, you can join everyone else in that. What is most important to me is that I see you grow, that way I know that when we part ways you are ready to face the indifference outside."

She declares, giving Eido at least an answer to that question.. Mostly.

"But of course, if you want more power then you have to learn. You have lived a life of weakness, a life with no reason to exist up until now. Be the reasoning your desire to be strong, or the craving to kill me. You will obtain nothing by not paying attention, life does not care if you aren't ready.. In the end you want to say you have lived a good life yes? A life with purpose, not being stuck in some pit."

Adeline points to Eido, a smirk under her helm.

"By the laws of nature you will indeed die one day, caught in the sands of time. But alas... Wouldn't you want to be at least an interesting footnote in history? Akin to the great Sith of old, dark lords whose names are never forgotten. Now that.. Protecting what you care for, who you care for.. Your name forever written within the eternal dogma of existence. A life worth living, and a death worthy of the name."

People come and go, and sadly Eido was no exception. The boons of the Sangnir also had many curses, some of which Adeline refused to speak of.

"Unless... You wish for your sands to never move? The timer within your body to never tick, the hand of the clock never move again. I can of course offer this boon, all it takes is a little deal.. A slight pact."

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Her expression softened slightly at that answer. Perhaps in understanding, perhaps in confusion seeing that Adeline's motives for seeing her grow were still a mystery.

Eido would cross her arms and listen to the Darth with a renewed focus, her temper abating for now even if slowly. Adeline continued, earning a brief glare at the mention of a pit. She understood that it was equal parts a sadistic threat as it was a promise to repeat all that she had seen today. But the tone began to change... Adeline was talking of other things that could be, greater things. Power of course, to protect, to never be forgotten. She certainly didn't want to end up like Orayn, whose name she had nearly forgotten in such haste to survive... even if now her shrieking face would never leave her. There were a myriad of possibilities that could await Eido in this hypothetical future

It started to sound like an offer...

"Unless... You wish for your sands to never move? The timer within your body to never tick, the hand of the clock never move again. I can of course offer this boon, all it takes is a little deal.. A slight pact."

She took another glance at the floor as it became just that. The floor that had swallowed her fellow Acolyte mere moments ago.

Then up at Darth Keres.

"What pact...? those seem bad for one's health as of late..." Her voice was small now, more concerned than angered. Concerned for what the price may be this time.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Music | X

"Their deals with me had been made by their own choice, they may have failed in the end but what is important is that I held my end of the deal. I taught, you all listened. Not everyone can understand, nor can every soul endure. Thus I gave them death, an escape from existence."

The woman shrugs, as brutal as she was... No one had been told a lie.

"But of course we must get back to the potential deal at hand, that being a bittersweet farewell to your internal clock... At least a farewell for as long as I care to give you doses."

As fast as Eido had blinked, the room changed yet again.. Now sporting a fancy desk and two chairs. Adeline would be calmly sitting across from her newest apprentice, her armor seeming to be replaced by black coloured finery.

"Come dear, take a seat.."

When or if Eido did take a seat, her master would continue on.

"It is by the power of my blood that I can give you what you seem to desire.. Strength. You won't be on par with me, but you can still lift and go beyond what others of your kind can do. Your age won't matter and you will stay young of course, however.."

She lifts a finger, an impish smile upon her face.

"You will have to come to me to keep this boon, failure to do so will result in withdrawal and your paused years returning swiftly. Thankfully this process is only needed every few months, simple and yet effective at giving you what you desire."

But alas, the price.

"Such a boon demands a price, this pact and its terms are separate from our last. The price of this power and eternal youth is a rather simple one, if you ever die... Your very soul is forfeit to me, but with the rate you learn and adapt.. Would you ever die? I can help you live such a delicious and wonderful life my dear."

Adeline reaches a hand out, waiting for Eido.

"All you have to do is grab my hand, easy right?"

The dark corners of the room were infested with those eyes, each of them watching with great interest as the potential pact was offered.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

Eido had seen this room change once before with but mild interest, but something about this display was unsettling in it's own way. Not because it was particularly dark or because it held undead. But precisely because it lacked either of this characteristics. They were no longer in the academy's bowls, they had moved up in the world so to speak. She should be happy, perhaps even thankful, But this was Adeline's domain. A lair of sorts, she suspected and a place she might see more often.

It was the implication that they'd be working so much more closely that was so off-putting.

Yet, she hesitantly took a seat, rubbing at her scraped knees and tiredly glancing at the many eyes. While she wondered if the woman may have an aversion to ruining the pretty furniture, she wasn't about to risk being caught off guard when she could feel the damned things staring at her back even now.

"It is by the power of my blood that I can give you what you seem to desire.. Strength. You won't be on par with me, but you can still lift and go beyond what others of your kind can do. Your age won't matter and you will stay young of course, however.."

But this had her full attention.

"Such a boon demands a price, this pact and its terms are separate from our last. The price of this power and eternal youth is a rather simple one, if you ever die... Your very soul is forfeit to me, but with the rate you learn and adapt.. Would you ever die? I can help you live such a delicious and wonderful life my dear."

"My soul...?" Eido instinctively held her hands close to her chest.

Then she stood, turning away even as all her rational thoughts seemed to vanish.

"Blood... Gorgara, you're not even human are you?" She tried to wipe the sweat of her earlier battle off her brow.
The young woman was tired, especially after expending all her energy on force rage. She had to grip the back of that chair for support. Even so she stood with her back to Adeline, as if keeping that smug face out of sight would make it easier to think.

In truth it was more tempting than she cared to admit when faced with present concerns. The exhaustion was unbearable and would surely be her downfall if the undead attacked her again anytime soon. She knew very little about what her master was offering of course but the woman never seemed to sleep and only sometimes even blink. Surely she would inherit similar properties? Not to mention that every minute spent in service to this woman brought her a little closer to death, near any edge would be welcome at this point.

But a soul? she hardly even understood what that meant, just that it was considered important.

"And... If- hypothetically speaking- I refused?" She would regard Adeline anxiously from over her shoulder.

"I was under the impression you already held our souls anyway? Everyone here. Zothe risen from the dead, Oraryn... sent to whatever hell awaits in the pit... Countless others, were their souls not forfeit long before such a pact?"

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Yalara?

"Human? Human?! Pfft HAHAHA! Oh my that is just precious! What you see now is what I allow you to see, I can look however I desire. Besides, I have yet to meet any who want to see what I really look like."

She lowers her hand, continuing on to answer questions.

"The pact I made with them was the same I did with you, I would grant them knowledge and teaching and they would take my mark. This mark would bond them to me, make it so that anyone they kill.. Well, that soul goes to me. The pact said nothing about locations, and it just so happens that this location takes in the souls of the dead to a special place."

A trick to be sure, but the sickening part is that Adeline was right.. Nothing in the deal mentioned locations, and she did teach them many things before their end.

"If you refuse this pact then we can continue on our way, you go rest your little head before I give out that task I mentioned before you started complaining about it. Yes indeed you can rest your head, but alas how long will it take till you see age in the mirror? As I said, I can make life so delicious and grand."

The woman chuckles a bit.

"All it takes is a simple deal of course, a small pact."

This time Adeline didn't offer her hand, she watched and waited to see if Eido would submit to the temptation.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀs

"I... I need but a moment, please" Eido swallowed.

Her finger began tapping on against the chair and she bit her lip in thought, weighing the decision in her tired little mind. There were so many unknowns still and she doubted Adeline would tell her everything even if she asked, given the loopholes she had just revealed. Neither she, Orayn nor Zothe had any hope of coming out on top of this deal in the first place and frankly if things kept up like this then Eido wasn't sure how much longer could keep up for either, not even for matter of giving up like Orayn but simply she did not think that her body would last long as her stubborn will could.

But perhaps with this boon, she would have the edge she needed?

Besides, if her master simply expected her to stay in this academy until she dies to claim her soul, she would not offer a deal that came with insurance. She would no longer need her to be at the academy to claim her soul meaning she expected to send her elsewhere. If that were the case, than at least she might have a degree of freedom to study on her own. Perhaps she might even have time to find a loophole of her own.

Or... dare she even allow herself such hope, perhaps Adeline may die first...

Eido sighed and turned to take the woman's hand, sure that this boon would at least give her a fighting chance. Until she hesitated.

"Wait..." Then withdrew her hand as her eyes widened. She had come to a startling revelation.

"Wait... I see it now. I wouldn't be... what you are, would I? Not on par no, but not even a fraction would I? I don't see you leaving to take doses from a master.... So there's no chance that this is how you began, is there?

... Do I even get to summon any of- "
she gestures vaguely to the eyes eerily floating everywhere "-this?"

Normally it was unacceptable to look a gift horse in the mouth but considering her soul was on the line she wanted to know what little Adeline might give her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom