Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Witch?

DkwlXMd.jpg
Forests of Dathomir

In her studies concerning altering environments and sorcery, Joza inevitably stumbled upon the name of an old Jedi Master, Streen. Much of the common knowledge she could find on sorcery was largely dark sided, leading her to become more tedious in her studies, though she’d found hints at lighter ways to perform magic. Streen was of particular interest to her for his powerful Force empathy, somewhat of a stronger version of her own natural abilities. Beyond that, the man was said to be able to conjure powerful storms, using the environment as his tool.

Dathomir was a good place to start, considering the heavy presence of sorcery on the planet. Not to mention the Praxeum that had been established long ago, something Joza was keen to investigate. She’d never met a witch or a Nightsister, either. Her old Master was somewhat of an explorer, having a heavy interest in temples, artifacts and the like. But this was the first time that Joza was to spearhead such an adventure herself.

She was not alone though—Padawan and friend [member="Nikias"] had agreed to come with her and carry out an investigation. She figured that the Hellyni would probably have liked to explore a new world, and she would appreciate the company. Beyond that, Nikias was a powerful combatant and had a good head on his shoulders. Even though he was a Padawan, she was interested to see how he would handle himself in different situations.

“The dark side presence is heavy here.” Joza commented as the pair of Jedi trudged through the forest. She glanced over at the white haired man, curious to see his reaction to their environment. “How goes your training? It's been a while since our last spar.”

It was Nikias first time on Dathomir but so far it reminded him of the world that the Hellyni often shipped prisoners and such to. The forest that surrounded them was wild with life and every now and then Nikias could hear the scattering of leaves or the occasional roar of a beast in the difference. Yet even then he didn’t mind the planet to much except for the thick mud on the ground in areas where his feet kept dipping into it making the walking harder for him at times. Hearing the screeches of a simian beast Nikias looked in the direction it had come from. Growling he continued on next to the newly knighted Joza.

“Hmm? Really?” Nikias asked as she mentioned the dark side presence, and coming to a stop Nikias closed his eyes trying to reach out and sense the dark aura to receive nothing in return. “I can’t feel it.” Nikias said with a sigh. His skills in the sensing areas of the force were still incredibly lacking though he made up for it in other ways.

“Well as you just saw my training in sense abilities hasn’t grown any better. Though I am becoming better at Telekinesis. How about you? I heard about your promotion. Congratulations, it was well deserved.” Nikias said no animosity in his voice. Joza had been a part of the Silver Sanctum before he came along and even in their spar before the difference in their power had been apparent. Nikias had spent some time with Joza after their sparring getting to know her so when asked if he’d accompany her he gladly accepted.

[member="Joza Perl"]

The Zeltron openly arched a brow, a look of concern flashing across her face. She was not as sensitive to the Force as some, and supposed that her abilities were average in that area. It was a bit strange that the Hellyni could not sense the dark side energies that emanated from the planet, and she vaguely wondered if it had anything to do with the poison that ran though his veins. Then again, all Jedi had their own hurdles. Perhaps this was Nikias’.

Her eyes flickered in the direction of the distant screeching, making a mental note to keep an eye and ear out for that. Although she spoke casually, they were only a potentially dangerous world so she was on high alert. “Thank you, [member="Nikias.”] [/COLOR]She offered a flicker of a smile at his praise. [COLOR=#dda0dd]“I haven’t learned anything new, only been practicing my skill with a saber and force abilities.”[/COLOR] Moving on quickly, she turned the conversation back toward him. [COLOR=#dda0dd]“Telekinesis, hm?”[/COLOR] She seemed genuinely surprised. She only knew him as a warrior who was not yet trained in the ways of the Force. Apparently things had changed since they’d last gotten together.

[COLOR=#dda0dd]“Impressive. I look forward to see how you’ll employ it in battle.”[/COLOR] She paused for a moment to glance over at him.[COLOR=#dda0dd] “Your skills will only continue to grow, Nikias.”[/COLOR] She wouldn’t deny that she was fond of the man. He had a sense of duty and put in hard work toward his goals. It was an admirable trait, one that she pushed herself in to during her early days as a Padawan.

[COLOR=#dda0dd]“Have you been meditating regularly?”[/COLOR] She gently tried to suggest a solution to the problem. [COLOR=#dda0dd]“At least you’re not [I]overly[/I] sensitive. I know of a young man who is so connected with the force that it causes him pain when something is wrong.”[/COLOR] She mused, shaking her head as she remembered the zombie invasion of Dromund Kaas. In the end he had fought valiantly, but it was startling to see him collapse in pain as the Force warned them of an invasion.

[member="Nikias"]

[SIZE=10pt]Nikias opened his eyes in time to see the look of concern on Joza's face as he opened his eyes his own darting away as he was particularly embarrassed by his lack of skills in the sensing aspects of the force. "No need to worry[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it’s just... Just hard for me you know." Nikias said waving away the tension in the air. He didn't need Joza worrying about his lack of ability[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it was embarrassing enough when the younglings at the temple were displaying more skills in their abilities to deflect blaster bolts and enhance their bodies while Nikias hadn't been able to do it yet. The only thing he exceeded at was Telekinesis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"I told you before that there's no need to thank me for telling the truth." Nikias said hopping over a downed tree and onto the ledge above before turning and offering his hand to Joza. While he knew she could easily do it and outshine him Nikias did it out of kindness and to spare her of landing in a pile of bugs and mud like he just had. He could feel the bugs twirling beneath his booths and suffice to say it wasn't pleasant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Considering the welts you left me with last time and how you defeated me I think you are on the right path if you don't mind me saying." Nikias said after either Joza got up herself or accepted his offer. "Yes it seems to be the only thing I'm good at. Considering what the rest of my family is capable of its kind of a letdown if I'm honest. I came to the Silver Sanctum hoping to expand my knowledge and power to return home one day. That day seems to just keep getting further away. "[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Examining the woods further around them and reaching into his pack retrieving the datapad that showed how far they were from the old praxeum. "If we continue east we'll be there within a few hours." Nikias said “I try my meditations but I can still not feel anything[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], it’s a struggle to just reach out. The temple instructors say I'm supposed to be able to sense other beings but I can't. I think thats why I haven't been taken as an apprentice yet."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Is it even possible for one to be that connected to the force?" Nikias asked looking back at Joza.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][member="Joza Perl"][/SIZE]

“I’m only being polite.” She shrugged, taking his hand and gracefully landing beside him. The first time they’d met she’d likely have scoffed at the proffered help, but she’d become a bit more lax in the way she held herself. Sometimes. Around certain people. She felt as though she didn’t have to prove herself around [member="Nikias"], because she had already done so early on. Nodding in thanks, the pair continued on through the thick foliage.

Listening to him speak, Joza tilted her head to the side slightly to indicate that she was listening. She could feel the disappointment in his voice, and couldn’t help but feel a little bad for him. Not that she had the same problem, but she knew what it was like to not feel good enough. Her own start with the Jedi had been rocky enough, and even now at Knight rank, she felt as if she would never be able to master her skillset. “The more we learn, the more we realize that there is even more that we don’t know. It’s difficult to avoid being discouraged, and I would encourage you to acknowledge your feelings as you are now.” She brushed a branch in their path to the side, holding it for him to pass.

“It’s hard to deal with these sorts of emotions,” She commented, tucking a strand of stray hair behind her ear. “I believe that the hardest part about being a Jedi is dealing with yourself.” Perhaps he would one day discover his powers through meditation, or maybe some more unorthodox method would draw them out. Or maybe he would simply never achieve the same feats as some Jedi. Regardless, Joza was surprised to hear that he hadn’t found a Jedi Master yet. A thought crossed her mind but she hushed it, wanting to see how the man would perform on their mission first.

She nodded at the instructions, wishing that she could speed up time. She was a bit eager to explore the temple and not keen on wandering through a potentially dangerous forest for hours. Still, it would give the two time to bond. “I don’t know. I suppose?” She shrugged, truly unsure. “He was young, so it could just be theatrics. But he was talented all the same.” Stopping in her tracks for a moment, she turned to face the white haired man. For a few moments, her gaze sharpened and lingered on him, as if studying him.

“You’re a capable man, Nikias.”

She jerked her head to the side, in the direction they were already going before turning and continuing onwards.

[SIZE=10pt]Walking past the branch that Joza had held out of the way for him Nikias nodded his head in thanks offering her a smile. It was nice that Joza returned the favor and that they were working together[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it wasn't something Nikias did too often since leaving his homeworld. "Hmm[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], that is a statement I can agree with[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I have noticed the same in my studies. Even reading about this world it clued me into so many things that I did not know such as a group of witches that inhabit the planet. It just shows how much I still have to learn about the galaxy before I return home." Nikias said this time leading the way pushing through a few bushes and creating a path for Joza behind him. He felt the prickle of thorns against his skin but Nikias simply brushed the small pinpricks away as they were nothing but an annoyance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Yes I remember us both having a conversation about dealing with our own emotions." Nikias said looking to Joza. "And I have yet to overcome my own emotions, have you thought about the conversation we had?" Nikias said tapping a portion of his face that mirrored where Joza had sported a scar from the last he'd seen. During their first meeting Nikias had tried to talk Joza out of covering the blemish as he personally saw nothing wrong with it[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and thought she should've been more accepting of it. She'd been so angry at him that she'd even been willing to throw an insult. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Aw theatrics, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]that would make sen-" Nikias started but stopped nearly bumping into Joza as he caught her staring at him. "It means alot that you say that[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] though there are many more capable than me." Nikias said. The two were now in a somewhat clearing with the way before them blocked by a toppled tree. Hearing a sudden howl Nikias turned around to see three Canine like creatures with whip tails come from behind them. The fur was raven black and in their mouths were razor sharp teeth. Nikias had read reports on them. "Vornskr's... But what are they doing here?" Nikias asked turning to face them his saber hilt in hand. Though hearing the barks and growls behind him Nikias looked over his shoulder to see three more standing upon the fallen tree. Placing his back against Joza's, Nikias glared at the Vornskr's he faced. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Any ideas?"[/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza bit the inside of her cheek, ironically on the same side that her scar was. She was hoping that he wouldn’t bring the issue up and fought back a biting comment, reminding herself that he was doing it from a place of concern, as a friend would. “I suppose.” She muttered with a light shrug of her shoulders. “I’m not ready yet.” She stated simply, unashamed to admit it in front of him. Joza didn’t typically open up to people that easily, but a night of drinking made her more approachable about her life. It made her realize that she and [member="Nikias"] were similar in some ways, both being raised in cultures far removed from traditional Jedi morals.

“Don’t compare yourself to others too much.” She added, hoping that the Hellyni hadn’t been dwelling too much on his own downfalls. “Recognize your strengths and work with them.” She might have said more, but a piercing howl broke her from the more sage-like thoughts. Quickly switching into battle mode, she grabbed her saber hilt and ignited the blue blade in a practiced motion. “No idea.” She growled as the pair instinctively moved back to back to minimize their openings. Vornskr’s certainly weren’t native to Dathomir, and her mind immediately went to some sort of foreign intervention. “We might be being watched, so be careful.” She muttered to the white haired man.

One, two, three…four, five, six. She took quick stock of their opponents, eyes sharpening. At least they had the courtesy to split up evenly. “Time to put your new telekinesis skills to work, Nik.” The canines surged forward, and Joza thrust her left palm outwards as they closed in on her. The three creatures would let out startled noises as they were suddenly pushed back by a blast of Force, tumbling back several meters. On the heels of the Force wave, Joza brought her blade down upon the closest beast, slicing off the venomous tail lest it hit her. Switching her grip, she drew a wide arc across the Vornskr’s belly.

[SIZE=10pt]Joza's words hung in Nikias' mind and he simply nodded his head as he would not push her anymore on the issue. The last time he had saw how much she cared about it. "I'm sure you will accept it when you get the chance. I have faith in you[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] though if you need to talk to someone I'm here." Nikias said. It was really all he could do[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and while he himself was a damaged being in himself he could still offer advice to help others avoid the same path. Nikias was glad that Joza was being honest with him[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it meant a lot considering what they had went through. He wouldn't have been shocked if she had never talked to him again let alone offering for him to join her to a planet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Well I guess this is the best time to recognize my strengths eh?" Nikias said in response to Joza's statement about putting his telekinesis to use. While he had been training his body physically and expanding his knowledge[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]all of Nikias time of training in the force had been in learning to utilize the only part of the force he seemed to be able to call upon. Unlike Joza[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Nikias did not draw his saber as he faced his three Vornskr's. Instead Nikias activated the shield upon his left arm[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] the tool sprang to life with the same signature snap-hiss of a lightsaber. When him and Joza had dueled he hadn't used the shield so it would probably be new to her. It was his main tool in combat to offer him not only a great defense but a viable offense. The lead of his group howled a battle cry before leaping and pouncing at the Hellyni. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Stretching out with his right hand Nikias made a claw with his hand not focusing on the Vornskr's entire body[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] or even its neck but on the canine's tail. Something that usually a sensitive organ on most animals[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and then with a swing of his arm Nikias had the creature slam into the side of a tree a large yelp leaving its lips as it fell to the ground free released from the invisible grip whimpering. This had momentarily taken Nikias' focus off the other two and as they approached one on the left and the other on the right he prepared himself. Unlike other jedi due to his inability of boosting his body to a significant degree he wouldn't be able to dodge to many of the Vornskr's attacks. The one on the left leapt forward its jaws opened wide waiting to take a chunk out of Nikias while the one on the right pounced to knock the Hellyni to the ground. With a swing of his left arm Nikias caught the Vornskr full in the face with the shield. Due to being made with lightsaber technology the shield bisected the creature the smell of burnt flesh assaulted Nikias as the Vornskr's corpse flew by him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Unable to react to the Vornskr on his right Nikias was bowled over with the two falling back into a tangle the mighty creature upon the hellyni. Rearing back its head it aimed to bit at Nikias' neck. With a shift of his body Nikias let the canine chomp down on the shoulder pauldron he wore. Even through it he could feel the pressure behind the Vornskr's teeth. Pinned to the ground Nikias could see the Vornskr he had thrown earlier rising. Balling his right hand into a fist Nikias opened it and pushed up against the Vornskr's underbelly. The push was focused right on the creature’s core sending it flying straight up into the air[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and as it fell Nikias let it fall upon his shield where most of its body was destroyed upon contact. Not yet rising Nikias reached out with his right hand at the last Vornskr and squeezing it into a claw focusing on the creatures tail once again[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and as he raised his hand Nikias lifted the creature high into the air and with a slam down he forced the Vornskr into the ground where the sharp crack of bones breaking could be heard over the sounds of battle. Breathing heavily[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] he turned to see how Joza was handling her own. [/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

Busy with her own opponents, Joza was unfortunately unable to catch the entirety of Nikias’ display. But she trusted the other Jedi’s abilities enough to turn the majority of her focus onto her own battle, only going so far as to vaguely keep track of his presence in the Force. If she felt as if he were in grave danger, she would certainly attempt to intervene on his behalf, as she figured he’d do the same for her.

With one Vornskr down, the pink woman didn’t notice that the other two had taken advantage of their fallen comrade’s plight. Instead of charging at her as mindless beasts were wont to do, they went for a somewhat more…tactical approach. One Vornskr charged as she was slicing open it’s friend, it’s heavy body slamming her to the side. What the…?! Confused for a brief moment, Joza soon saw why the creature had checked her instead of attempting to rip out her throat or whatever. It was attempting to throw her into the direction of the other Vornskr who stood close by, poisonous tail brandish for its prey. Stumbling, Joza whipped around and attempted to swipe at the flourished tail with her saber, but the beast leapt away in time to avoid her strike. The other Vornskr came up from behind and managed to knock the woman to the ground with its heavy body, claws scraping at her back.

Struggling frantically and cursing at being caught off her guard, Joza was able to turn herself around to the point where she was face to face with the great jowls of canine beast. She froze for a moment but quickly regained herself as the saliva from the creature’s mouth dripped onto her face. Grimacing in disgust, the pink Jedi opened her mouth and let out a scream of Force energy at the same time the Vornskr’s head dove downward for a bite. The monster let out a pained cry as its body was launched in the air from the force wave, oddly similar to how Nikias had dispatched one of his own foes. Scrambling to her feet, Joza worked quickly in brandishing her saber, nearly missing another pointed tail strike coming her way. With one swing she had taken off one of the beast’s paws, and with another she removed its head.

Whipping around, she found the last Vornskr stalking toward her, albeit at a slower more pained pace. The beast had likely been injured from the ground impact of her force scream, but was still insistent on getting its next meal. With surprising fury, it lunged toward her, teeth and claws on a deadly display. The Vornkr’s mouth would meet the blue blade of her saber, a strangled cry leaving its throat as the burning blade cut into its face. The creature crashed to the ground, shaking its mutilated head wildly and thrashing about in pain. Unable to leave it in this condition, the last opponent was silenced as the Jedi’s blade sliced through its neck.

Exhaling, Joza turned toward [member="Nikias"] to see that the Padawan had already dispatched his foes. She glanced at the three bodies laying in his vicinity, then at the man. “Not bad.” She commented, deactivating her blade when she felt that the danger had passed and approached him. “That new?” She pointed to the shield, a brow arching when she realized that he hadn’t activated the typical Jedi weapon. “I’ve never see something like that before.” Looking over at the trio he defeated, she noted the telltale signs of lightsaber wounds. The other brow arched as she prompted him with a curious look.

[SIZE=10pt]Ears still ringing from Joza's scream Nikias stumbled a bit having to catch his balance. He honestly hadn't been expecting the knight to release such screams or else he would've brought ear plugs. Nikias' would've made a move to help Joza during her own engagement[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but he'd only finished with his own mere seconds before her. The only reason for that was probably due to him having picked up and slammed the final one with the force. None of the Vornskr's that had attacked the jedi moved besides those still within the throws of death[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] or the twitching of the corpses. The entire clearing smelled as if one had been grilling meat and it was obvious why. Both the jedi had butchered the Vornskr's in one way or another[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]though Nikias' were obviously due to his shield than his own blade. "Speak for yourself." Nikias said nodding to the group of Vornskr's that Joza had taken on. "That scream was something else. Where did you learn to do it?" It was actually a curious move[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and even with it having been a bit after she did it birds could still be seen flying away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Looking at what Joza was pointing at Nikias held up the shield and deactivated it. "Oh. I never used it against you in our duel. It's the shield of my family and our royal guards. It is made of the same technology as a lightsaber[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], but instead focused into a shield. It grants us an excellent defense in battle[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and a viable option during battles if we lose our sabers somehow. Though we still have problems with the slug throwers as you call them. The kinetic force can break our arms if we take it full on with our shield." Nikias said before hitting himself on the head with his palm. "I know you didn't ask all of that[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I am sorry if I bored you... Though I don't think we'll have company for a while. Do you think someone's watching us or know why we're here?" Nikias asked moving to the Vornskr's to see if there were any signs of them belonging to somebody[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but there was nothing[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] no marks or even symbols burned into their flesh.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"I think we better hurry to the temple." Nikias said looking up to see the sun was also beginning to fall. "Before it gets to dark."[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] if they had been attacked by Vornskr's in broad daylight just what would hunt them at night?[/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

“Oh,” She tapped her throat with a wry grin. “Instinct after being back into a corner one too many times. I don’t exactly remember where I’ve learned it, but it’s come in handy.” Now that she thought about it, Joza probably would have been able to get by without the intense scream, but she saw an opening to test her ability and took it. She gave [member="Nikias"] a brief apologetic look for any undue damage she may have caused.

The Zeltron would wave a hand at him, dismissing the notion that his explanation was unwanted. “No worries. It seems to have proven its use in battle.” Her eyes flickered to the defeated beasts before coming back to the Hellyni. “I’ve never heard of using lightsaber crystals in a shield before. Clever.” Her gaze lingered on the Jedi before her for a moment, as if examining him further. Broken from her thoughts at the sound of his voice, she pursed her lips to the side. “I wouldn’t rule it out. We should tread carefully.” Though, there probably was no need to add the last part. With a tilt of her head, she nodded in agreement. It would be best for them to make haste towards the temple while they still had light.'

EuWrieW.jpg

After a few more hours, the pair would find their way to the Jedi Praxeum as the map had promised. The large stone temple was impressive, but the neglect was evident in the form of moss growing over the pillars and vines creeping along the walls. Joza took a moment to admire the structure, taking it in to appreciate the craftsmanship as well as any signs of what they were looking for. Taking in a deep breath, the Knight held it for a moment before exhaling slowly. “This is the place, it seems.” She ran a hand gently over the flora growing along the wall as she meandered further into the temple grounds. “I would recommend we stay together after an attack like that. We don’t know what may be waiting here for us.”

[SIZE=10pt]"It’s an interesting ability that's for sure. Hopefully you can use it again if we get into trouble. Though don't risk your life just to test new abilities." Nikias said as he prepared himself for their long trek through the woods. They could've possibly landed closer to the old praxeum if the entire area hadn't been covered in forests[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and wildlife which left the two jedi having to walk on foot. While Nikias was used to long treks due to having served on the battlefield[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]he wasn't too sure how Joza felt about such things. The ground was uneven and at times they would have to scale upwards just to make any progress towards the temple. The journey however was spent in silence as both jedi were more focused on reaching the temple and being aware of any other possible attackers. Nikias made sure to stay at the rear keeping his eyes on the area behind them[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and every now and again he was sure he'd seen what appeared to be a shadow move. Not wanting to cause worry Nikias didn't mention it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Finally reaching the temple Nikias took stock of the worn building[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]while it was centuries old he'd seen places in far worse condition. The moss that clung to the walls showed that it had been long since someone had inhabited the temple and from within the walls plants and sprouts poked through. "Hmm if it is[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] why would others just leave it to decay like this? It could've still served its purpose as a praxeum. All it needs is alot of cleaning." Though as he looked up Nikias saw a large tree growing through the center of the temples caved in roof. "Well more than a bit of cleaning." He said joining Joza in entering the temple grounds. All around the tiles and stone flooring had been torn up or completely submerged by dirt and moss. Pillars of stone were crumbling and barely looked like they could support any weight. Slowly Nikias began reevaluating his position on the temple.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Wouldn't it be faster if we split up? If something goes wrong, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]you cou-" Nikias stopped as out the corner of his eye he thought he saw a blur of motion. Spinning on his heels and staring at the area Nikias' eyes narrowed. He had heard of many types of force powers[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but whatever was happening was leaving him on edge. "Never mind I think we should stay together." Moving closer to Joza and whispering low enough so only she could hear. "There's something following us. It’s been following us through the forest. At first I thought I was hallucinating."[/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

As they moved through the forest and into the temple, Joza felt a presence wavering in and out of the Force. It put her on guard, though not much more than she already was being in potentially hostile territory. Though she’d expected to encounter native creatures, the Vornskr were not high on her list…or on her list at all. Someone had brought them to Dathomir, and that was a red flag in and of itself.

As they wandered through the entrance, Joza shrugged mildly at his observation. “Who knows? I couldn’t find much information on the praxeum aside from its founding. Perhaps the witches prefer…other ways.” In time she too would note the fragility of the structure and idly wondered how stable it was. Perhaps it would be best if they moved quickly to find the holocron. If it reached nightfall, she was iffy about spending the night in such a brittle place.

She tensed when Nikias whirled around, him having seen a figure dart between the run-down pillars and Joza having felt a presence surge into their midst. The Zeltron was about to insist that they remain together for this very reason—despite the both of them being capable, she couldn’t deny the knot of suspicion in her stomach that made her wary of the situation. “I know.” She muttered back lowly as he moved closer, vaguely noting his apprehensive posture. "I thought I sensed something other than the Vornskr but I couldn’t be sure.” Her eyes narrowed as she steeled her stance and called out to whomever was watching them.

“We know you are here. Step from the shadows and face us!” Though her posture was defensive, she rested her wrist on the hilt of the saber that hung from her waist. Whatever it was that had followed them, she’d much rather face them head on…she thought.

[member="Nikias"]

[SIZE=10pt]Nikias turned with Joza to face the area where he'd seen the threat. He hadn't been expecting her to come out directly and challenge whatever was following them. It seemed as though Joza's promotion had made her much more confident[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]not that she wasn't before but Nikias didn't see her as the type to throw caution to the wind so easily. His own hand reaching for his saber Nikias waited though his stomach tightened. It wasn't the force but it was something more[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it was his warrior’s instinct. Whatever was following them had probably wanted Nikias to see it. Had the entire thing been planned out from the beginning. Eyes narrowing on the spot where he'd last seen the blur. The only spot where one could hide was behind the pillar[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] so raising his left hand and pushing out with the force an invisible wave of energy left Nikias' hand and flew at the pillar.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Exploding into rubble the top half of the pillar was destroyed by Nikias' push[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]but behind it was nothing. "No I swear. There was something there." Nikias said looking at the area and moving closer to it. That was the last place he'd seen the blur move to. Where could it have gone? Nikias thought approaching the area on alert before he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up straight. Then it turned into a deep chill that reached into Nikias' bones[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] he'd come to recognize this as a warning from the force. Turning to look where it was coming from Nikias saw a woman appear out of nowhere on top of the Praxeum wall in her hands a ball of red and black energy. The woman's skin was pale white with tattoo's littering her face along with busted blood vessels. "Joza!" Nikias yelled pushing out with his hand to knock the knight out of the way. The energy ball struck where Joza had been leaving a smoking crater. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"You whelp!" The woman screamed turning on Nikias[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] releasing another of the bolts automatically. Without time to gather himself Nikias was caught full in the chest by the blast. Lifted up from his feet the blast knocked Nikias back and through what remained of the pillar. The momentum Nikias had kept him going where he hit the ground sliding a few more feet before stopping where he lie still.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"You will not be leaving with whats mines!!" The woman cackled lashing out with another blast at Joza.[/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza drew her saber hilt when [member="Nikias"] toppled the pillar, preparing for whatever was hiding behind it to lash out at them. The man seemed to have a tighter focus on whatever was following them, despite Joza’s skill in Force detecting. Briefly, she wondered if this was the result of being on the battlefield for years—she’d only begun to fight during her training as a Jedi, but for the Hellyni it seemed to be ingrained into their way of life. Still, her anxiety surrounding the situation only heightened when nothing appeared from behind the pillar and no cry of pain was heard.

The Zeltron only had a moment’s warning from the impending attack, her head whipping around as she felt the Force tremble in caution. Her eyes flared for a moment as the energy in the area fluctuated wildly, Nikias’ voice echoing in her mind as he used the Force to push her away from the imminent attack. The Knight would cry out in surprise a she hit the ground, sliding to a stop a few meters away. Unexpected as it was, the Force shove had saved Joza from becoming a fully cooked Zeltron. “Woah…” She muttered a she caught sight of the smoldering remains of where she had been standing. Climbing to her knees, she rapidly attempted to catch up with the situation when another blast of energy was released, this one aimed for her companion.

“Nik!” She gasped, staggering to her feet as the other Jedi took a direct hit to the chest that sent him crashing through the remnants of the stole column he’d nearly felled earlier. Though unfortunate, the attack on Nikias had given Joza a few seconds to steady herself and take stock of the situation. When she realized that the Padawan was not getting up, a growl escaped her lips as she brought her hard gaze back to the woman atop the stone wall. Pressing her heels into the pavement, Joza jumped back with the aid of the Force in time to narrowly dodge the next bolt. Bending her knees, she skidded to a halt before launching forward again, saber ignited.

“Oh, I will be leaving with it!” It didn’t yet register to Joza that the witch was talking about the holocron, but she had to fire back something. “You’re mine!” She snarled, a hungry edge to her voice as she hurriedly climbed up the wall, using the various roots and cracks for footing. If she made it atop the wall, the pink woman would attempt to knock the witch from her perch as she approached before going after her with a few arching slashes of her saber. This wasn’t about the holocron anymore, this was about taking revenge for her fallen comrade.

[SIZE=10pt]"The jedi secrets belong to me! They are mine!" The witch cried her eyes wild burning with flames[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]they took on the golden color of Sith eyes as she raised her hands high into the air. Joza would feel as though the air itself was vibrating with power as the witch drew the force into herself building it up to create more blasts of raw force energy. The witch's hair blew wildly making the woman truly appear to be a witch gone mad. Her face contorted in rage at the jedi knight she brought down her right arm releasing one blast at Joza quickly followed by the left. "I've killed many before you that have come for my secrets! You will die like the rest! Just like that pitiful whelp!" The witch bellowed noticing the jedi getting closer in her attempts to scale the wall. There were no visible weapons on the witch's body and from how thin her arms and legs were it would appear she wasn't suited for close quarters combat[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and made up for her weakness with the force.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Bringing her arms down and crossing them over her chest the witch reared her head back closing her eyes. Joza would be able to sense the Sith drawing the force energy into herself and shooting her head forward the witch opened her eyes and mouth wide. Joza would be able to recognize the attack as she had used it earlier. A scream escaped the witch’s thin[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]cracked lips amplified by the force. The air vibrated and the side of the wall that Joza was scaling began to crumble away beneath her along with pieces of the rubble being blown away. [/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

“Woah!” Joza grunted as she narrowly dodged the first blast, but her avoidance had placed her in the path of the second one as she attempted to scale the wall. The Zeltron gasped in pain as the raw energy tore at her left arm, ultimately leaving the limb useless and limp at her side. Quickly jabbing her saber into the wall to avoid tumbling to the ground, the pink Jedi gave a strained groan as she used the leverage her saber provided to hoist herself on top of the wall. This doesn’t look good. Maybe I should just try to get Nik and I out of here… She wasn’t one to back down from conflict, but she had to weigh the pros and cons on the situation. Yet trying to escape would probably be worse. The trek back would take hours, and she couldn’t carry @Nikias…the sun was going down, so it would be additionally dangerous. Holocron or not, they needed to stay in the temple.

The pink woman’s teeth clenched at the witch’s biting words. Damn Nik, why did he have to push her out of the way like that? He’s not dead. He can’t be dead. Finish this as quickly as you can, girl! Sensing the energy gathered by the witch, Joza stalked forward, unabashedly unafraid for a few moments. As she thrust her head forward with an unnaturally wide mouth, the Zeltron’s eyes flared and she thrust her one working hand out in front of her to from a Force shield. The ability protected Joza from the effects of the Force scream, but unfortunately not the majority of the wall. She struggled to keep her footing as the stone shuddered and shook beneath her, crumbling away as she attempted to move closer to the witch.

She caught Nik’s limp body from the corner of her eye and felt a bolt of rage surge though her presence. With a shout of fury she charge forward, nearly slipping down the wall as it disintegrated. Breaking her hold on the shield, she threw a wave of Force at the witch, following with several wild saber slashes to her torso. A piece of airborne rubble struck Joza’s midsection after she had attempted her attacks, knocking the wind out of the young woman as she felt from the wall.

[SIZE=10pt]The witch cackled wildly as she saw her handywork play its role in what she thought would be the jedi knight's defeat. "You jedi violate the land of my ancestors and thing you can hide your treasures and secrets here just for another to claim it?! No! It belongs to me!" The witch bellowed down to Joza as she saw the young woman's arm hanging limply at her side. "You jedi wouldn't know true power even if it was staring you directly in the face. You shall recognize the power of a true nightsister!" The witch screamed raising both hands high into the air[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and suddenly the clouds seemed to condense and a bolt of lightning arced through the sky illuminating the entire area. A split second later followed the thunder that seemed to cause the ground itself to quake. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Stopping the witch stared mouth agape as the jedi knight ran up the crumbling wall. "No stay back! You cannot defeat me! I am a Nightsister!" The witch screamed before an invisible wave hit the woman in the chest that flung her back into the wall where she crumpled to the floor coughing heavily. "No!" She screamed rising up and ready to summon another bolt of energy but now Joza was upon her and the blade sliced through the woman's torso three times her body falling to the ground in hunks. Her eyes frozen in a mix of fear and rage at her own defeat. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Nikias groaned as he slowly came to his vision blurry and an extreme headache. A trail of blood fell from his temple to the bottom of his chin where it pooled beneath him. Everything seemed to be spinning and looking up he saw a storm brewing and felt the praxeum ground shake beneath him from the thunder. Joza! Nikias thought looking over in time to see the knight defeat the witch[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] though at the same time he saw Joza falling. Stretching out with his left hand for Joza[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Nikias concentrated more than he ever had before to try and save her before she hit the temple ground. Stretching out an invisible hand would grip itself around Joza's slowing her fall but she would not come to a complete stop till a few centimeters above the ground where Nikias held her. His breathing was heavy from the mix of his injuries and his concentration and he was still dizzy. Laying her softly upon the ground he let out a sigh before resting his own head on the cold stone. [/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

As she careened through the air, Joza’s mind scrambled to try to grasp all that had gone on. She didn’t even realize that the Nightsister was dead, unable to process the past minute or so of battle after being struck. By the time she realized she should try and do something to stop or slow her fall lest she meet a cold, stony death, she felt something reach out and wrap around her. ?!? Confusion wrote heavily into the woman’s pink face until she caught sight of the figure on the temple floor, hand reaching out as if trying to grasp something.

Nik! A wave of relief washed over the airborne Jedi, a look of awe quickly settling onto her face when she realized that he was using his telekinetic ability to break her fall. She let out a soft gasp as she slowed to a stop, hovering a scant few centimeters above the ground before being gently placed onto the stone tiles. Once safe, Joza took a few moments to acknowledge the blunt pain that spread along her torso. She coughed a few times as she crawled to her one good hand and knees, saliva speckled with blood. Grunting as she pushed herself up, the Zeltron would winced when she realized that she likely had a broken rib or two. But all in all, she was conscious and alive. Hopefully [member="Nikias"] wouldn’t be too worse for the wear, but she couldn’t get the image of him taking the full blast to the chest.

She made her way over to him hurriedly, tripping over some loosened debris or vines as she did so in her haste. “Nik! Are you alright?!” Dropping to her knees, she touched the side of his face with the back of her hand, biting her lip. “Th…thank you for saving me.” She swallowed softly, not wanting to think about what would have happened if she’d met the floor head-on from that height.

[SIZE=10pt]Nik's breathing was labored by the time Joza reached him and it was obvious he was in pain. His right arm was limp against the ground and bent at an odd angle[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] probably broken. And from the way he was breathing probably a few broken ribs as well. All in all[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]he would survive even if they didn't get him immediate treatment. Listening Nikias heard footsteps approaching him and knew it was Joza's from her concerned yell. He felt her soft hand on his head and reaching up he grabbed it coughing a smile on his lips upon feeling the pink woman's skin. "For which time?" Nikias was able to joke but it was strained. Rolling over onto his back Nikias could look up at Joza and saw a bit of blood on her lip from when she'd been coughing earlier. Reaching up Nik placed a hand on her face where her scar was and began rubbing his fingers in circles wiping away the makeup. "If you truly want to thank me don't cover up the real you." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Nik stayed like that for a few seconds before he realized what he was doing. Pain still radiated across his chest and there was an obvious red mark from where the blast had hit him. The welt glowed almost the same color as a Sith's saber. Trying to sit up Nikias had to groan[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]his body screamed out for the man to stay down. It wanted nothing more than for Nik to let it rest. "We came here for a holocron remember." Nikias said trying to draw attention from what he'd just done. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Could you help me?" IT would be less awkward then the first night when Nik had to support Joza as this time he could simply rest some of his weight on the woman. The sun had completely fallen now and a light drizzle began to fall. "Guess we should get inside."[/SIZE]

[member="Joza Perl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom