Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where We Stand May Change Forever

The Host Lord expressed no visible emotions after hearing what he said. She supposed it was only natural that someone such as him would be wary of The Primeval's intentions but she expected some measure of good faith from the Hutts, even if they were doing business in the 'grey area' of the galaxy. "I believe you interpret this differently than I've intended," she spoke the soft words without a hint of contempt or disagreeableness.

"We recognize the value of your operations, Mogul, I wasn't trying to suggest that we wouldn't aid you; only that it'd be foolish to consider anyone an enemy until they're threatening you openly." Anja provided her piece, so far both the Techno Union and the Hutt Cartel have been valuable to The Primeval as allies.

Continuing, "The Primeval will come to your aid when you're attacked, but trust me on this; we each share an enemy that threatens our existence and they're becoming weak--even if people want to deny it. The time will come when the Cartel, Union, and Primeval have to face this threat together, Sempra. I do not ask you to sacrifice your interests for the sake of ours, just to trust in my judgement put faith into my people. That is our alliance."

Her words held no deception, she was truly honest within her intentions.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

There was power in the voice of the host lord. She had after all rallied followers to a cause mostly alien to the galaxy in a short time. Sempra eyed her and meassured her every word. Her will was not something to ignore or take lightly upon. He therefore weighed his position carefully, being cautios to not overstep that fine invisible line that would make all that will dissapear into another direction. It certainly felt far more uncertain ground then he would prefer at the moment. He cleared his reptilian throt with a hiss-like cough.

"While I understand that you have decided upon a path where you consider this Techno Union a valuable ally, I will do my very best to respect your wish Host Lord" he spoke with clarity yet there was doubt in his voice. He smacked his lips amd looked over the group assembled before his attention returned to the [member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"But I must ask that you recognize my concern as well and take this into account.

"When ambassador Chiyo came to me seeking a mutual understanding all that time ago, he painted a picture of an organisation of high intent, something very new and unique to the galaxy. I confess, I was fascinated by the Primevil and later impressed by your effort to establish this awesome war machine that the Primevil is. As you yourself stated when this meeting was introduced, you hold the strength of an unstoppble army, while the cartel holds sway over political and underground areas. We could walk side by side without disturbing each others operation. A perfect match for an alliance. When we bend our spheres of interst, paths risks to cross unexpectadly, and I have little love for surprises, especially with so much at stake."

"Before this meeting, I was unaware of your intentions for the Techno union."
Sempras hand removed itself from the wine glass as he straightened homself somewhat and looked past the gathered, as if looking for a horizon far away.

"I trust you are familiar with the terms of hatred, distrust and vengeance."

"The Red Raven moved into the hutt heart lands, with no respect for my kin or our way. They made a fool out of me, banishing me from my home world of Nal Hutta. Pinting me as a savage and traitor to my own people. Because of that I was forced to the fringes of space working slowly and to a great cost to bring the cartel closer to home was once more. As of present time I am on the doorstep to be able to strike back, to spew my vengeance at their red feathers."

"Now this Techno Union has recklessly embraced agents of the Red Raven without second thought, offering them a new home and installed their domain of influence into their ranks. Are they idiots, unable to read the consequences of such an alliance, or are they playing the game exctly as they want. Cutting the cartel off from its greatest ally in preperations of invasion. This merge was made without any concern for the hutt cartel or the Red Raven relation with us. Unless they are totally ignorant they are fully aware of that this merge with the Ravens does put them in a collission course with the Hutt Cartel. Either they are indeed ignorant and naive enough to not see this, which makes them dangerously hard to calculate with or they have calculated this event far more in depth then you suspect. The Red Ravens are not as visible as they used to be but a chism in the cartel alliance with the primevil is very much what they would be seeking."

"While I will tread carefully, honoring our alliance, my trust for the Techno masters is very low, and with them we no longer can seperate our spheres of interest. A fact that I already has recognised in your ranks host lord."
Sempra tried to speak with a neutral voice but his hatred for the Red Raven and contempt for the techno union was not very hard to recognize.

"I fear that you are looking at the battlefield for short term victories when dabbling with those techno lovers, but failing to raise your eyes to the horizon and consider the long term costs they carry with them is a real danger. They are no longer merely lords of technology and enterprise, they seek dominion over spheres where they do not belong."

"This troubles me."

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Vassik Kilvaari"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

"The Technophiles," he mused harmonically, his voice was as thunder, maybe not thunder maybe an avalanche, needless to say it was loud. "are they not the puppets of the One Sith, or as I've heard through the web that is the Republics propaganda. We tread lightly in these troublesome times. As my lord puts it spheres of interest." he shifted his weight onto his left than right leg taking two steps forward putting himself in the centre, with a wave of his arm his coat rippled with the various multi coloured squares that made up his jacket, it was a display of showmanship a bit of prestidigitation to truly draw the attention to him in case they weren't listening before.

"We are yet to meet with the master of scrap, a neutral meeting I propose. I'm sure the Primeval, can handle such an arrangement on our behalf, as a 'neutral' party of course." there was secondary meaning to his word's, something that wasn't expressed the best with his Microsoft Sam voice, cross a death-growl from a second rate scremo band. "To really see where in their sphere wants to align."

"It is understandable, that with your territories being so close together that mistrust would find its way into your minds." She began. "However; I must add a single, and utter fact. The Techno Union is a heart of enterprise, and an enemy of the Republic. Without them, the Republic would hold hegemony as the only legitimate faction with free enterprise. For criminals such as yourselves, this would make the markets stale and prevent manipulation, extortion, and make the equilibrium higher meaning less profit in the black markets." Anja was hardly a master of economics, and such facts were given to her by advisors when discussing the Techno Union in private. Facts she decided to share with her allies, as such is appropriate for allies.

Turning her attention to Flannigan. "Theirs is the propaganda of a failing nation whose attitudes change after every defeat, they shuffle leaders around so often that it wouldn't surprise me if they appointed a harlot as their prime minister." She added.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] | [member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Sempra let out a low rumbling chuckle and grinned at the host lords comment.

"There is not only strength in the primevil but also wisdom." he stated in general to the assembled and took a sip from his chalice.

"I belive that we have come to a conclussion that we will not seek an open conflict with the Technocrates att this given time." Sempra lifted a fat finger to indicate that he was not finished.

"But, there is no pardon on them if they do not remove themselves from hutt space in the future. The Red Ravens are in their midst pulling their strings regardless of leadership. It is a mockery and an abomination in the eyes of the cartel. Be sure to remind them of that if you ever seek them out for whatever reason. My eyes will never leave the horizon of Nal hutt a and Nar Shadda, mark my words." He placed the chalice on the table.

"As for the Republic, they are offering open markets which is good for business. Our course is to remain neutral with them, but we will provide assets to you whenever it is required, just through subtle channels."

"Now, on that topic - If you were to agree to alow our distributors to work the primevil markets, with a slight advantage to our competitors it would provide us with much more leeway and resources to have people ready to aid you in return. I am speaking of allowing Cartel freighters transport goods without being targets for confiscation. Naturally, you need to check your borders to avoid hostile smuggling or terrorists, but if we could come to such an agreement our markets would flourish in the outer rim and in return I would suggest that we sponsored temples in hutt space for the Primevil order."

"What say you?" Sempra placed his hands on his belly.

What he had just suggested was for the Cartel to be allowed to errect controlled criminal gangs in Primevil space in return for religious sects to build position within Cartel space. It would bind them together and eventually make them more dependent of each other. But there was still the question if they both wanted that to happen.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Vassik Kilvaari"] [member="Zambrano the Hutt"] [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

"There is plenty room for your people to operate, and I see great benefit in allowing our own influence to spread through Hutt Space." Certainly the agreement was mutually beneficial, an equal trade, one which provided no means for either of them to feel like the other was gaining too much.

The Host Lord valued the Primeval's alliance with the Hutt Cartel, their people offered much to all that the Primeval stood for--possibly in more ways than most realized. It was an odd relationship but one which worked almost perfectly. Perhaps there would be more lucrative agreements between them in the future, now that they've broken in their first true agreement.

Still, there was much to see and the future had a funny way of not revealing itself until the moment.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom