Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where the Wild Things Are

wearing: xXx
tag: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner & Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Since having found the Solanaceae, Vanya had found herself keeping company with some peculiar individuals. However, there were no complaints to be made as each individual met provided a new experience. First, it had been Asher, a man tied to a spirit much as she had been tied to Vahl. Through him, she had found the Nightmother, Vytal, and a new home. And today it was the Lord Commander of the Knighthood, a lupine. The thought of being here with him amused her. She was a Knight Obsidian under his command, this much was true, but the fact of the matter that no matter what title she held, what one called her she was a Nightsister of Dathomir with roots embedded deep in that culture; she was a Nightsister. Still, there she had been at the side of Gerwald to handle business on behalf of both the CIS and the Knights.

Someone was interested in joining the ranks of the CIS and she and Gerald had been sent to greet them. Vanya, although knowledgeable and powerful in her own right, she was ill-suited for speaking with this person alone. If someone wanted to learn about Dathomir or Nightsister Magicks, then she was the person to speak with. She had heralded generations of young witches, taught them to be strong and loyal, to be pyromantic nightmares. But talking to someone about the CIS and the Obsidian Knights? She was woefully out of her element. Turning her attention to the lupine at her side, she spoke. "If I recall correctly the person were are here to meet is named Diocletian." Gerald would have been given the same information as she had, which was not much. That frustrated the Nightsister. She would have liked to know more about the person they were to meet.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
R E C R U I T M E N T
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Vanya Aklin Vanya Aklin | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Regardless of his rank or title, there was always one constant in Gerwald’s job. He was required to recruit. As Lord Commander of the Knights Obsidian he was more than aware they would not grow if they could not goather others who were force sensitive to their cause. Today was not an exception to the idea. What was different about it was the company he kept. Gerwald traveled with a different witch.

The wolf had always placed a good amount of mistrust in the witches since his relationship with the former Nightmother. Katrine had been flighty, always flitting about from place to place without any word. There had been several mornings he woke up to a cold bed when the night before it had been warm. When the relationship ended, Gerwald had made an observation about following the whims of spirits. It was not a life suited for companionship.

He sighed, tense because his disdain for the witches washed over his whole form. While he would never say anything, the distance he placed between himself and the witch was enough to show it was intentional.

“You are correct,” he answered the woman. “Though I am not certain why we are both needed for this. You are more than capable of securing new recruits.”

His eyes searched for the person they were meant to meat, with no success.

“I do not see them yet.”

Having landed a couple of minutes ago, Diocletian gave the place a brief look over, not the sort of place he was used to, for one it wasn't loud or swarming with Salespeople wanting you to buy some stupid rubbish. This pleased the Ubese greatly, he can only take so much badgering before there is bloodshed and some MLM Recruiter's guts all over the floor.

This was no ordinary visit, for he had business to conduct. He wouldn't have been summoned here otherwise. Now, the best way to be found or seen is to not stick himself in a corner, he's not on a hunting mission or any other task that required stealth.

This was a meeting set up by the CIS and he desired to be a part of the Faction in some capacity. That is after all why he sent out a message.

So the best course of action is to actually be noticed. Why ask to join something if he's not easy to spot. His helmet scanners were picking up two people nearby, that must be them.

Diocletian walked towards them, shoving other individuals out of his way, they were not why he was here. A few complaints erupted but they were not acknowledged. A cold stare was enough to prevent retaliation.

He is now close enough to be seen.

tag: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner & Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

One would need to be blind to the obvious to not notice the rift between the Lupine and Nightsister. The feeling of mistrust was mutual and though Vanya was silent, the set of her shoulders would show that she was both acutely aware of him while simultaneously uninterested. She did not know what trauma had happened to cause him to behave like this and frankly, she didn't care; as long as he understood she had not been the one to slight him there would be no issue. "I assume it's because not everyone trusts me."

It seemed the logical explanation. The Nightsister had not been receptive of the Knight Obsidian, or even the CIS when first introduced to them. These people were strangers that embodied different beliefs and principles than she did. It had taken some getting used to. Now, she was friendlier with them - if one could call her cold and conceited nature friendly. "I'm sure he is not far." Arms had crossed over her chest, golden fabric shifting against tattooed skin as she scanned the faces of the crowd as though she would recognize this stranger whose name was all she knew.

The woman was not one who appreciated her time being wasted but as luck would have it a particular individual came into view. "There." She said, motioning with a hand toward a man that was approaching. Her brow rose in amusement when he had shoved people from his path and lips had almost parted into a smile. "I like him already."

R E C R U I T M E N T
ger-template.png

“My feelings about the witches among my ranks aside, you have not done anything to prove yourself untrustworthy. Your kind may chase whatever whim fancies the spirits you follow, but for now our interests seem to be aligned.”

Whether that was the truth or not, Gerwald was uncertain. His words served as an awkward acknowledgement of the tension between them, a tension which was his fault. He knew Vanya was not the one to slight him, but her beliefs were similar, and the instability of such things caused him to be cautious at best.

A smile pulled at his lips. Naturally if the man requesting to meet them was supposed to rendezvous with them at their current location he would not be far. It would be unwise to waste their time. Fortunately for them the man had located them and started pushing his way through the crowd toward their location.

“Interesting.”

Gerwald’s brow quirked as he looked toward the Nightsister. Clearly she was intrigued, even to the point she liked him. This was going to be an interesting meeting for certain.

“I’ll let you take point then.”

A few moments later Diocletian had reached their location, ready for business. This is why he was here. He gave them a brief look over, just for recognition's sake mostly. These two looked ready to start the meeting, this is quickly proving to be a fruitful endeavour indeed.

He had been interested in the CIS for a while now but didn't seem to quite know how to go about joining good and proper and with any discretion, he was usually loud about wanting in.

His usual walk in and declare his involvement would be considered rude in this situation. So now a more polite meeting is in order which if all goes well will open up a door into the CIS. If it goes badly then, that'll be dealt with if the situation came to it.

He had gathered intel on what the Confederacy was beforehand because not knowing about what you were joining isn't a very wise thing to do in any situation. The two he was meeting up with looked like they mean business and have no patience or time for idleness or stalling.

<"You are the ones I am supposed to meet with, yes?"> He asks, tone polite yet cold and rather direct.

Last edited:

The vixen crossed her arms as she watched the man approach. Her obsidian eyed narrowed into a glare and her chin raised almost as though in judgement or defiance. Despite her earlier declaration of liking the man, Vanya was not a person that allowed emotions to cloud her logic. And at that moment her opinion was subject to change. Diocletian's tone was cold and direct and enticed a ghost of a smirk to her ruby-red lips. "That would depend on the whims of the spirits I follow." Though she had been looking at Diocletian, her words had been directed to the Lupine.

And the meaning behind them was clear - warning, danger, offence. He might have known a Nightsister or two but he had gleaned very little from these women about the spirits and their importance. Her own faith in them had been tested and proven in more ways than she cared to count and while she did not stray, she did not disregard all other aspects of her life to follow them. She had friends, she had children, she had her own thoughts and desires because as in everything, there was a balance with the spirits and for him to assume she was like those he had met before, left her annoyed.

As silence blossomed between the trio, just for a moment, she had allowed her eyes to find Gerwald's, for her irritation to be silently conveyed. "I assume you're Diocletian. This-" she uncrossed her arms to motioned toward Gerwald with a wave of her hand. "-is Gerwald. And I am Vanya. We've been told you're interested in the CIS."

R E C R U I T M E N T
ger-template.png

Gerwald smirked. This one was not like Katrine at all, a bit more like Vytal. Perhaps Gerwald continued to be unfair to the witches, but as Vanya put it… it would depend on the whims of the spirits she followed. How could one expect loyalty to the Confederacy when the witches were more loyal to something else.

The man approached them, the one they had come to meet, and as Gerwald had said, he allowed Vanya to take point. He was curious. Besides, his words seemed to get him into enough trouble already. She was certainly a bit more like Katrine in that sense. Vanya was devout.

A nod was offered when Gerwald was introduced, but little was said.

<"Yes, I am he."> Diocletian replies, giving Gerwald a curt nod, a pause and then he continued, <"Yes, that's correct, was told to meet you here for that reason.">

Well, in truth he was told by someone who is a Commlink operator for CIS that he will need to go through a liaison meeting to get anywhere, which is why he is here. So, now that introductions were made, time to actually get to the main reason that everyone is here. The process of getting into the CIS good and proper.

However, He soon found out that the way meetings work is by turn sharing, he'll have to be patient, receptive, and use a far less abrasive tone when he is speaking because they look like they mean business and do not tolerate idle chit chat or indecisiveness. They are the kind of people Diocletian likes and is used to dealing with when being hired for a job. This is still business, but for a far greater purpose.

So far, so good. He thought to himself briefly. He wasn't worried, even if he was nervous, he didn't show it.

<"Yes, I am very interested in joining however, they said I needed to meet you first beforehand.">

violet.png

The moment of silence, however brief, was appreciated. And Diocletian proved to be a suitable distraction for both of them. If the Lord Commander had continued to speak with such blatant disrespect then the Nightsister would have felt compelled to remove his tongue.

The thought amused her as her attention turned to the other man. Her tattooed arms crossed against her chest while obsidian eyes narrowed with a distinct judgement. "Meeting those with an interest is generally warranted, yes." She said, her tone matter-of-fact. Perhaps she was being too harsh.

Too upfront and to the point. It was simply her nature to not mince words. And if Diocletian had a problem with that she would take great pleasure in reminding him that he had sought them. Not the other way around. "So, now that we've met, and we've introduced one another," she said, eyes still narrowed, expression still cold.

"Why don't you tell us what it is you want to know about the Confederacy."

violet.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom