Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where the light barely touches

"It pleases me greatly to know that you're not going to murder me in me sleep for your own amusement," Jacen replied. He laughed softly.

"You might get bored of course. Wrivko said we might have to hold tight for a little while. Hope there's a collection of films you've been meaning to get though?"

Surprisingly, boredom was a common aspect of her life as an assassin. Days were spent lounging around waiting for a target to arrive, and then waiting even more once you were in position. Then, of course, you had to wait for the next assignment.

Lierra finished her meal and then set the plastic bowl down on the nightstand beside the bed. Her head dropped back against the wall that the bed was butted up against, closing her eyes for a short while.

"I'm a tool, Jacen. A blade does not get bored and start cutting things on its own volition." She murmured with her eyes still closed.

A moment later she turned he head slightly to the side so that she could look at him once she opened her eyes, the smirk that should have been etched in her features was only reflected in her golden gaze. "Though... There is a rather amusing film I've been wanting to watch. It's about a farm boy and a princess who are in love, but get separated, so they have to find one another again."

He shook his head slowly and laughed. He had a rounded baritone voice. Jacen had a very clear singing voice, but it hadn't been heard outside of a sonic shower for months.

He was locked in a safe house with an assassin. He was locked in a safe house with an assassin and she wanted to watch a rom com to pass the time.

"I've been living on tatooine for the past few years so I probably have so much to catch up on we won't need anything but the screen to pass the time," he mused. "But are you joking about wanting to watch a rom com?" he accused.

"Oh, I'm absolutely serious." She smirked at the Jedi, then reached for the remote nearby.

She found herself drawn in by his deep laugh and the charming smile her bore, and was surprised to realize she wanted to hear him laugh again.

Her attention drifted back to Jacen. Their situation was so bizzare that it was difficult to wrap her mind around. He'd interrupted her job, then helped her escape, caught her instead of letting her plummet to her death, and then he'd volunteered to get her off world and start her life over. It was hard to believe that someone could be so genuinely altruistic, but some how this angel of a man seemed to have stumbled into her life.

She wasn't sure what to make of it. But she was glad he was there, nevertheless.

"Unless you had a better idea?"

Jacen smiled, unsure if she was actually being so bold. The keen eyed assassin wouldn't miss his gaze drifting downwards before he dragged it to the screen. Jacen couldn't help but wonder if this markings covered her whole body. He reached up behind his head, scratching at his neck nervously.

"We do have a lot of time to kill."

Kill, probably not the best choice of words. It had been a long time - kark it had been eight years - since he had tried to guess anyone's intentions of an amorous kind. So he cheated. He reached out to her mind, just brushing her surface thoughts.

The body language didn't escape Lierra's notice, however, it was somewhat surprising. From what he'd told her so far, Jacen didn't seem the type for casual hookups. Not that she really was herself. Her own view of such things was warped and twisted. For her, it was a way to get close to a target, or something that happened when one of her handlers was bored. Though, to be fair, Jacen was all but her new handler now.

These were the thoughts that drifted through her mind when he reached out to curiously glimpse her inner opinion on the matter. She wasn't opposed to the idea, but she was curious about how he'd feel on the whole matter.

Besides, she couldn't help but wonder what his voice would sound like when he -- she felt something brush against her consciousness and she was quick to hide her thoughts away. The action would seem more instinctual to Jacen, as if she'd done it on accident than something intentional.

Jacen had been trained for years to notice latent talent. Sensing the use of the Force didn't make one a jedi, or even suggest the potential for it. Many developed a sixth sense, the chill at the base of the spine when something was wrong. He imagined life as an assassin held the kind of risks where such abilities might manifest as just a little bit of luck.

Given what he had sensed he put that thought away to think about later. Temptation was an aspect of the dark side. That had been drilled into him over and over and over.

Where had that got him? A dusty pawn shop in the back end of butt karking nowhere. A legacy that few remembered and even fewer thought of positively. He had been a warmonger. A son who spoke to him occasionally, when absolutely necessary. When had he last reached for something that he wanted for himself?

Now, now was when he did. Hand reaching ever so slowly across the space towards her cheek.

The gesture was so careful and tender that Lierra wasn't sure what to make of it at first. No one ever treated her so delicately. She glanced to his hand just before it touched her cheek, but she didn't flinch away from him. The silence stretched between them for a few moments longer, and then she finally closed her eyes, nuzzling into his palm.

His hand was warm. She could feel the callouses on his fingers and palm from years spent in battle and hard work. Jacen was no city-dwelling softling. In a way, he probably understood her own mindset. He'd been a weapon of war and she was a tool for killing.

Maybe he could see her as a person... and not just an object.

The corner of her mouth curled into the faintest of smiles and then opened her golden eyes to look up at him. "I'll take it that you do, then?" She murmured

Was this unfair? The thought struck him like a body blow. How much time did he spend thinking about what was fair and right? How much time did he spend deciding what was right for everyone around him.

Jacen took his hand away from her warm cheek. His hand was calloused from years of lightsaber use, rough as the sands of tatooine from where his family had come from.

He took the remote and turned off the holo screen. His hand returned to her cheek and he rolled onto his side, smiling down at her.

"I do, yes." And then, in no uncertain terms, he whispered what was running through his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom