Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Where On Azura

lLcXg5L.png

"C'mon now, you know I'm not going to hurt you." The soft voice of a blue skinned woman echoed through the small grove of Inderrin trees. She sat before a smaller tree, smiling warm. The Dola was being fickle as ever, it's numerous flowers hidden away within it's bark. She chuckled at first, then started to hum. Just a faint song, but one that brought the flowers out so she could retrieve the juice within. Several bottles later, and she moved back into the small infirmary she called home. It wasn't much, especially by the cybernetic society standards of the Aruzan, but it was her home.

She sat by a small machine, pouring the thick liquid in to start mixing. "Still not going to speak today?"

Her gaze shifted towards one of the cots. Atop it a boy who'd only just become a man sat cross-legged, his red eyes staring out the window. He said nothing, much as she expected, but for once he did turn his gaze towards her. Recognition. Another soft smile took over the woman's features. "Well, that's progress at least. Maybe we'll get you standing soon, yeah?"

The Panatha victory had come at a cost.

Many Mando'ade were unaccounted for. Two of Vren's adopted brothers had been sucked into the Nether by the Sith witch Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . One other of note hit just as close to home - Eliz Krayt.

The Karjr's thoughts were dark when the tally came in aboard the UES Requiem that he was stationed on during the battle. Even if they weren't inherently clan members of his, they were just as much family.

But someone needed to keep it together.

Siv Dragr Siv Dragr , Shai Maji Shai Maji and Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla were all in no state to at least retrieve bodies, hellbent on revenge as they were. Vren wasn't in much of a better state of mind, but he grit his teeth and dug through the rubble of both the generator complex and the throne room. Only to emerge with just Eliz's helmet. But the lack of at least a body, put Vren on a hunt.

And what a hunt it was.

If there was one thing Vren had learnt how to do, it's tracking and hunting. Having been a bounty hunter before settling in the Enclave as a Karjr, he had picked up numerous skills along the way. and they long, winding trail led him to Aruza of all places.

The planet was well known for it's peaceful setting. Not wanting to bring strife within the populace, Vren left his own helmet behind in the pit of his Basilisk, Nag as well as his most prominent weaponry. If anyone could keep it all safe, it was the Howler - she had kept him alive during the orbital battle amidst the capital ships and starfighters, after all.

Moving into the little town not far from the capital of Bukeen, Vren headed for the small hovel that was supposed to be a cantina.
"Howdy, friend. I'm in need of a good healer. Not the generic kind. Can you point me in the right direction?" he asked the blue-skinned innkeeper.
"Of course. Just down the main road outside of town, you'll find a grove of Inderrin trees. The lady there is quite good with healing wounds." the keeper said with a homely smile.
"Thank you. Stay safe during this time of war, friend. I hope it steers clear of this place." Despite his own weighted, dark thoughts of it all, he could never wish ill on those of peaceful nature. The Galaxy needed more of them after all.
"Are you....forgive me for asking, but are you Mandalorian, sir?" the keep asked hesitantly.
"I am." Vren admitted with a tired smile.
"We don't want no trouble sir, forgive me."
"You don't need to fear any from me. I don't wish y'all no ill. You have my word. I come in peace." Vren said, the bags of exhaustion under his eyes clear as day, despite his reassuring grin.
"Thank you sir. Enjoy your stay."
Vren gave a two-finger salute before leaving the inn.

At least it wasn't a big distance that he had to go. It was made exceptionally shorter by the jetpack on his back. It took some ambling through the grove before he found the little building. It was a long shot, but it was the closest he had come in a month.

So he knocked on the door.

Who still had manual doors?

lLcXg5L.png

The knock on the door pulled both the red eyed patient and the blue skinned doctors gaze, the later of which got up to answer. "You don't have to knock you know. Anyone is more than.." She trailed off as the door revealed Vren Rook Vren Rook . A Mandalorian in full armor. The Azuran's lips thinned for a moment before she stepped back, motioning for the taller figure to step through.

Which, course, the doorway itself was shorter than Vren. The whole building was made for the shorter species, not outsiders like the hybrid in the back or the Mandalorian stepping in. "Well, come on then. I'm sure your kind has all types of injuries that need tending. Find a bed, I'll be with you shortly." She didn't wait any longer by the door, instead wandering deeper in to gather up some healing supplies for whatever a Mandalorian could've gotten hurt by.

"What's your ailment? Blasters? Rockets? Burn yourself on that flamethrower you probably have?"

The door opened.

Vren tried to look as unimposing as possible as he stood there while the Aruzan regarded him warily after attempting to greet him. He even gave his usual smile.
"Well, come on then. I'm sure your kind has all types of injuries that need tending. Find a bed, I'll be with you shortly."
"Thank you." he said heartily and stepped inside.

And stopped dead in his tracks.

In a bed further in the room, sat none other than the boy he was looking for. Relief flooded the Karjr's heart to see Eliz alive.
"What's your ailment? Blasters? Rockets? Burn yourself on that flamethrower you probably have?"
Vren stood there, gobsmacked for a moment at his luck, barely hearing her words. It seemed that he'll be able to not only bring some news back home, but the kid himself.
"Seems I found my cure, ma'am." he finally answered before turning to face the Krayt boy. "Damnit, son. You had us worried. Even panicked. What happened, ad'ika?" he asked him as he stepped closer to the child.

Turning back to the Aruzan woman momentarily, he gave an apologetic smile.
"We've been looking for him, ma'am. He's one of our own. We've been trying to round up all our wounded, missing and dead since the battle. He's as good as family." he explained to her. "Thank you - for tending to him. We owe you a great deal." There were some in the Enclave that called him a big softie - Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren being one of them.

He probably was.

The Galaxy had enough hardships without him adding to it unnecessarily. The Bothan bounty he had set free on Cantonica almost 2 decades prior could attest to that. In Vren's eyes, if it wasn't Sith or equivalent, it needn't be culled outright.

He endured much teasing because of his views.

lLcXg5L.png

Empty red eyes stared at Vren Rook Vren Rook as the Mandalorian spoke. There was no reaction, no hint of acknowledgement. Just a blank, devoid of life stare from the Krayt boy. After a few seconds, as if he was done looking Vren over, his gaze turned away to once more stare outside. The Azuran hobbled up beside the taller Mandalorian, leaning heavily on her cane. The frown hadn't left, but instead of her having this air of dismissal for the warrior bred man, she seemed only to have pity.

"That's been more than I've gotten from him since he was brought here. What was left of him, at least. Had to rebuild just about.. Everything. Not sure what he is, but the state he was in.. Well. Folks like you and I would've been dead for sure. He sleeps, he gets up, and he stares outside. I'm hoping it's a sign his brain is trying to repair all the damage, but I wouldn't hold out any hope he'll be anything more than this." She lifted her cane, pointing towards Eliz again.

Closer inspection made it easy to tell. There was no real skin left. Everything was sythned, much like Shai Maji Shai Maji . "Then again, he's never looked at people before. So maybe you'd be able to fix whatever's broken."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom