Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where better to meet a Padawan?

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel had no equipment to pack – but she didn’t need anything the Library did not already offer. Knowledge and materials were present in abundance – and the chance for some food that did not come out of a ration pack too.

“Right, let’s get ourselves up there and we can both resolve our saber requirements before deciding where to go next.”

Sorel headed back to their ship and requested landing permission on the Library. Once she’d been given clearance she punched in the coordinates and allowed the astro-droid to take over the short journey to their destination.

“Have you visited the Library before,” she asked.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass grinned while she was looking at her master. "The tech division was working on parts of it and plans but I have not been up there before. The station it is modeled off of though I helped on so I have an idea of what it would look like... and the keys for it to get to meet the central computer." She was glad though and there was a whole lot of things that they would be able to eat and have for themselves up on the station. Krass knew there was also information on jedi after jedi after jedi themselves so they might be able to see if any of the jedi had information in journals for the planet here. "We should make sure we got one of the wrist pads for it and then head up." The most important part, those chevron pads were important to the jedi being able to access the library and not set off the advanced security systems like those jedi guard droids.... no one expected the statues nor some of the other defense areas. She knew there was the area around the black vault and the large acquisitions wing. "There is a number of reconstructed places and more up there that would be amazing to see."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel smiled and looked at the vast station as it loomed ever larger. It was a feat of engineering that something so large could travel through hyperspace.

“I am lucky enough to have visited it. My Master, Matsu Ike, was the chief driver for its construction and so she called on me to help out wherever possible. So if you think it looks amazing from the outside, just wait until you see the inside. It is quite literally a floating Academy – and more besides. It has access to everything a Jedi might need and its facilities are top of the class.”

“And I think first stop has to be one of the canteens. I’ve worked up quite an appetite. I may have simple tastes, but freshly cooked food beats rations any day. Tell me, what sort of food do you typically eat?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Oh now that sounded good and the padawan was looking at the large large station but she was ready. "I never really had a favorite, I'll pretty much eat anything put in front of me and since the tech division has been making all of those new pieces of equipment for jedi ships the ration cubes and processors are mostly replaced with brand new things. The meals that have been compressed and drained that can be made with some water for a weeks worth of food or the other food stuffs." She stuck around as the transport to go up to the station could give them something to see. The small wrist pads for them to be able to use to get access when Rose was being brought up for the jedi to be able to see the AI. "As for it, oh I can imagine. I know Matsu and there is a lot of work done into all fo the things that have been made."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel liked the idea of someone who was as agnostic about food as she was. “I was like you, not really bothering with food any more than it being something that gave me energy. And I’m still pretty much in that mind set. But someone made something for me and added spices and herbs and it really added to the flavour. Since then, I take every opportunity to pick up freshly prepared food when I can. Any food really. Nothing fancy, just simple ingredients well cooked.”

“Not that I cook myself, I just east if someone else makes it. Left to my own devices, I simply use ration packs.”

Then she put on her wrist band to ensure they had full access to the station. “I wonder how easy it would be to add DNA recognition to the security systems? Then a band would be useless in the wrong hands.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass looked at her master. "Oh these bands have just that, each one is unique to your biometrics, the code you have if someone else tries to use your device to gain access becomes locked out so they can't get in and the AI if fairly skilled at keeping track of things." She said it with a grin on her face though as the massive station was disguised. The hologram disguiser well made it looke several times larger as a massive monolith as opposed to the cylinder that it was. She was happy to work with it and in the ships approching it the hanger bay doors opened revealing the droids and biot droids that were roaming around as Krass looked on with excitement. She knew there were places here, massive places with the biocubes where they had reconstructed destroyed, ancient and different temples that had been long lost to the jedi. Places where jedi had spent their time working on more things until she was moving with some of her attention on the feeling sin the force all around the station.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel beamed. She had visited the Library before it was fully operational and hadn’t had a reason to engage the ship’s computer back then. It seemed that anything and everything she thought of was covered by her Master. It was reassuring to Sorel that her ideas weren’t fanciful and that Matsu had already decided to put them in place.

“Good,” Sorel said as they approached the hangar bay – their view now was of the real ship as opposed to the projection that disguised the station.

Once landed, the hangar bay doors opened and the calm and serenity of the planet was replaced by the hustle and bustle of the station. They were on opposite ends of a spectrum in so many ways yet they served the same purpose. One that hadn’t changed since the Jedi began. Peace and knowledge.

“Where to first,” Sorel asked as they stepped off their ship.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Hmm Krass was thinking where to go as the stations feeling was there but there was also soething underlying. The presence of the lightside of the force. She knew the synthweave that the jedi had developed from solari crystals and pontite crystals was used in most construction now. Able to give the lightside a boost and make the station itself mentally calming to jedi within it. A warm feeling even with the cold metal as she pulled up the map to show what they were looking for. The massive lightsaber lab area that was its own small section in the massive station. Krass tapped it to set it as a waypoint before she looked to her master. "The lightsaber lab would be the best place to start I think and there might be other things we find along the way. I know last time I was here they were working on the halls for the different era's of jedi."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel glanced at her ring. It was mostly an ornate gift for the Silver Jedi but it served a second purpose. If a Jedi fell towards the dark side it would act as an early warning system. And here, on this station, it seemed to amplify the sense of well-being. Perhaps it was a by-product of the crafting – or maybe it was entirely in Sorel’s head – but the Library’s built-in capability to mentally calm was supplemented in some way by the ring that reacted to the light sided aura of the station.

Regardless, she felt particularly calm and assured right now.

“So, off to the lightsaber lab. I think I’ll take the opportunity to reassemble mine – it’s about time.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She gave a nod of her head to her master as they were prepared for it, following the stations waypoint throughout the station where she could see the different droids who were working on rooms still and maintaining them. The halls that you could see where they had displays of the jedi. Areas set up with small images of different jedi and information about them, a case for anything they might have had that can be there and the central stands holding information on jedi artifacts that might or might not be there. Different crystals as she opened up the large doors leading into the lab itself. Three levels and it was like a warehouse with different drawers and racks of materials. Tables as well as the droids who were attending to them for diffferent materials from across the galaxy that they had recovered and had for use. Little padawans were in there working to assemble their sabers with different materials while Krass moved getting a table and the display of what they had for inventory was htere.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel was happy to be led. She’d had the grand tour before and was fascinated by all of the references to the past Jedi and even some artefacts relating to them. She had favourites of course – many Jedi did – but just to see so many items related to historic Jedi was amazing. And she imagined Krass was of the same view.

Slowly they made their way to the saber crafting area. The workshop was overflowing with materials and there were places to go and craft – like meditation chambers – and even a variation of the Tython Forge that would be of great assistance to young Padawans who might be less competent at construction.

Sorel had crafted her first sabers in a cave – and had received visions when she had done so. It was an awesome experience. But this time around she was keen to have a less dramatic experience and so would welcome a simple process in one of the meditation chambers where she could disassemble and reassemble her sabers. But on the way she collected a few new parts, in case any of her current pieces needed replacing.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass was looking at her master while she watched all of it. she was getting materials for her saber with the velalloy and the synth mesh. The materials looked together and would be able to work together. An internal waterproof casing for it and one of the smaller more powerful gincho powercells. The energy output was fr greater and reached levels of other blades for cutting through materials such as beskar and phrik. They weren't immune after all they were just better at resisting the energy for long and this made the blade hotter while lasting longer. She was also looking at the focusing lens and the crystals themselves where she was assembling it. The va crystal that was from the head of a bull and a crystal they could use. She was setting it up and an opila crystal that would better focus the blade itself to make it look sharper and more focused. Giving it a better cutting edge. With the synth mesh abe to easily take the place with its crystal weave she would be able to use more thing. A secondary crystal used to keep the blade focused. She was setting it up to be an extension of her hammers hilt. Connecting it with magno clasps so she would be able to use it until she needed to use it. Disconnecting it and holding it up when she was focusing and holding her saber looking towards the chambers they could go. She had built it but she knew it was good to meditate on your saber.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel observed Krass. She watched as she gathered the various materials and copied her Padawan in grabbing a couple of the gincho power cells. And then she also picked up a couple of waterproof casings that her current sabers lacked.

Then she took a step back and gave Krass the room and freedom to work uninterrupted and without distraction. Soon she saw how the saber was taking shape and realised it would form the hilt of the hammer that Krass would ypically work with. Ingenious and practical too.

Finally she watched Krass head to one of the chambers and kept a watchful eye from a discrete distance – until the task was complete.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass sat in the chamber and allowed herself to focus her mind. Breathed deeply and for a moment relaxed. her equipment off to the side save the robes and the saber when she stretched herself out feeling for a moment a few inches taller but only a little. her head going side to side as it popped and creaked loosening her up. Saber there with her hammer on the floor and she sat down going into a comfortable position she could sit in for however long this might take. She knew some jedi could take minutes, they abilities confident, some could take days or longer while in the meditation and depending on their skill or how many time they messed up when making it. Patience would be key as she started to work on it. The force energies wrapped around and down it to ease the saber up, let it hover there as he closed her eyes. Lips parted ever so slightly, tongue against the roof of her mouth, breathing clam and collected. Everything she had and was focused into the lightsaber hilt when she was working over it with the force. Going to each section of it using the weave with the crystals.

Sorel Crieff

The process of crafting a saber was a difficult one. It wasn’t just the connection of the various components, it was the integration of the Force into the equation. One small mistake and the saber would not function. Or at worst might explode when activated – killing the Jedi.

Sorel’s participation was simply a watching brief, but if she sensed her Padawan was in trouble, she was honour bound to step in. Not that she expected to. Krass was more than ready to craft her own blade.

And Sorel felt Krass bond with the Force and utilise it as she crafted her saber – a deep connection that suggested she was doing well and would be successful.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass could feel her master there with her as she was letting the force guide her mind. She knew each part of her lightsaber, she knew the components, she knew where it was and what it was able to do. here in the lab they had a lot more that could be done though when it presented her with a few challenges when she spent the hours working on it. Some drinks for her master in case she got hungry being brought by the attending droids and more things that they would be able to use here. Krass finished with a breath coming out and she was unsure of how long she had been at it but she was certain she had done it better then before. There was something to doing it with the force and constructing it. Making it so you knew all of the technical standpoints like the cell for it, making it so you understood the force aspects of it and each inch of the hilt was yours to command. The force activated pressure grip would ensure only she used it as the trap stud would before anyone trying to use it without her knowledge to get a shock. "It is done."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel waited patiently, sharing her time between meditation and watching over her Padawan. Finally she was sure Krass was complete and the Padawan herself confirmed it.

And as she did, Sorel recited the crystal code, traditional at these times.

“The crystal is the heart of the blade.
The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
The Force is the blade of the heart.
All are intertwined.
The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
You are one.”

Then she smiled at Krass. “Now you need to test your creation.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She was standing there in the room and starting to feel what had happened. Being there for hours... days even would be something she could get past with the force at the time but like with everything else... once the thing stopped it kind of realized there is a numbness and ache. krass stood there with her hammer and saber as she had it on the hilt. Making it an extended handle she could get a good firm grip on and would be able to swing it easily enough. Prepared to work with it and test it out before she slid it onto her hip and her master spoke. One hand going to the hilt as she touched it removing the saber that gleamed in the light. "Alright master." She looked at it and looked over with a nod to her master when she gripped it in her hand. The blade activating with a hum when the crystal appeared. A smoke grey blade that shifted in color like a storm cloud. The focusing lens and the powercell with the crystals making the blade sharper smaller and more focused compared to some fo the others where it was thicker for deflecting blaster shots back better.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel was keen for Krass to eat and drink. Meditation was all well and good, but the body did suffer during prolonged contemplation. But first she needed to see how Krass’ handiwork was – they both did.

The colour of the blade was always a surprise for Sorel. Sometimes the crystal changed colour during the process and other times the colour of the blade was not always obvious from the colour of the crystal.

Krass’ was a smoky grey – but then as Sorel watched, it appeared to change hue. It reminded her of the changing colours of a storm cloud. And the blade size and width was clearly designed – Sorel suspected it was because Krass would use it to cut – and was less worried about deflecting laser fire.

“You have done well,” Sorel said finally. “And now you should eat, drink and sleep before we progress. I shall take that time to re-craft my own sabers.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass was looking at her master and well there was a good idea here or there with a small look on her face though when she held the blade to her hip deactivating it. "Very well master, you have time and there are plenty of things that you can find in here." She was looking at the upari and opila crystals she had set in her saber with a nod of her head. "Though more testing of this will be needed and I know I will need to learn how to really use it with some forms." She was looking at many of the things for herself. She was looking at the blade and prepared to really work at it to make sure she was able to wield it masterfully, with a technical level. "I shall go and get some food and then check back on you master."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom