Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where better to meet a Padawan?

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
image_199de6a7.jpeg

The planet Ossus appeared to just hang there, a giant grey pearl floating between the orange globes of two suns. It was grey because the entire world was covered in clouds. It was covered in clouds because, twice each year, Ossus passed directly between its two stars. Blasted by radiant energy from opposite sides, it went several weeks without night. Planetary temperatures skyrocketed, changing most of the surface water into atmospheric vapour.

Sorel knew all that because she had read it in briefing file. But more so because she’d lived there once upon a time, before the Republic and more importantly the Jedi moved out. Before it became a Coalition planet. Going back was going to be awkward. She’d returned once before – only to find the Jedi Order gone – and left as soon as she could. Going back was going to be uncomfortable, she knew it.

In part the discomfort should come from the fact that, due to the planetary alignment, conditions were incredibly steamy. In addition, during this period pilots departing and landing would be flying blind until they reached space or the ground.

Sorel watched her descent on the ship’s navigation system but relied on what she was being told by the Force. Even from an altitude of a thousand metres, the Jedi academy on Ossus would have looked enormous. Spread across a verdant bench-land between a lush mountainside and a gloom-filled rift valley, its tidy sweeps of green turf were surrounded by burgeoning plots of foliage and connected by snaking ribbons of grey paving stone.

Finally she landed, in the hangar that was cut into the side of a cliff and left her ship. Her bracelet afforded her protection from the extreme humidity, so she wore her regular robes and strode to where she was due to meet her newest Padawan.

The route to the lab she’d agree to meet at was a meandering one across the academy grounds, winding through a labyrinth of shrubbery and detouring past carefully planned vistas, following a path of tightly placed stepping-stones that deliberately forced walkers to slow down and contemplate the garden.

The path rounded a gentle bend, and a dozen metres ahead, the trapezoidal span of Clarity Gate framed a tranquil courtyard accented by a small fountain. Sorel paused at the crosspieces. It had been ingrained into her what a Jedi must do as she enters the academy grounds. Meditate. So she closed her eyes and calmed her mind of thoughts and emotions. Once it cleared, she reopened her eyes and continued her walk to the lab.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass was prepared to meet with and work with her master here, they had met briefly before but rain and clouds and stuff while she flexed in the room wearing the tank top while she was working in the labs to shape and form the equipment. They were working to make more pieces that could be worn and used thanks to the new pieces they have been developing. There was even the harder work that had been done while she looked towards the suit of guard armor she had for herself to use when not wearing the white robe... she didn't like not having some of the impressive force tech that they were doing. Then she heard news that Sorel was landing here with a look on her face while she looked up wiping at the sweat on her brow with the black hair and red streaks before she was walking to go and meet her. The short padawan putting her sonic hammer on her hip with her training saber when she spoke. "Welcome master."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel beamed a welcome to her Padawan, before bowing formally. “I hope the weather isn’t too much of an inconvenience,” she said – aware of the humidity even inside the buildings.

She wore her Jedi tunic as well as a cloak, although the hood was pulled back. Anyone unaware of her special bracelet would wonder how she managed to wear so many layers in the heat, but to Sorel most climates felt the same, such was the power of the technology she wore on her wrist.

“And thanks for coming here. It isn’t used as much as other Academies which is a bit of a shame as it has a wonderful history and of course fewer students means more room to operate in. And the labs have the same equipment, so should suffice for any research you’d like to undertake.”

She glanced around the room. “I’m sorry I haven’t been as attentive as I’d like since we first met. But I’m here now and ready to make up for that. So, what would you like to do first?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass was looking at her and she had hardly noticed it though, she wasn't opposed to what came from being with a master and knew there were a rare few who really liked to push or teach without it being solely about the combat aspects. Sure Krass was made for fighting, her people were warriors but they also liked making their gear and she had been working on a number of things that would prove hopefully invaluable to advancing research in ways others couldn't even think of. "That is fine master and it is alright, we have been working on a couple of things here to pass the time and I might have gotten a few other ideas for a new method the jedi can use." She had seen some of the things and blood was key to the force crafting her people did but you couldn't get a lot of it so she had an entire. Synthetic blood that would be more force enriched thanks to microscopic crystals and it could be used in place. "Also well get a chance to work on some of the other projects, like my own ship to travel around in."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel listened and as Krass talked, it was clear she was passionate about science and the scration of technology – which was something Sorel was interested in and was growing her knowledge of.

“Your work sounds interesting – and intriguing. Please tell me a little about what you’ve been working on and the ideas you have for the new method. And finally, ships are one of my soft spots, so I’d love to hear about your plans for your vessel.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She gave her master a look with a nod of her head when she was going over to lead her master into the room and show her around. "Well to start the project is to develop this." She was holing up a few blood packs. "A Hemo-Aid for the jedi who want to try and use alchemy for use with the lightside. Instead of innocent and corrupted blood synthetic blood that has been treated with small particles of solari crystals that are being gathered." She knew how it sounded but there were jedi practicing methods of using alchemy with the lightside of the force and Krass wasn't exactly certain how they were doing ti without resorting to blood and power. She knew Matsu frowned on it being done so they had started and created this process which would channel and bind the lightside of the force into the object. They were keeping up the development with more interest though. "Master Ike doesn't allow blood ritual to be done to trach the skills the other jedi orders are wanting to teach. Hopefully this will keep them from being corrupted." The hope when she showed the other thing, her ship that was being worked on. "And this is my ship, designed as a miniture seeder and Saratai forge ship so I can touch down and if need be open up a support location anywhere."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel followed her Padawan into a separate room in the laboratory. She glanced at the blood packs and no doubt the combined look of surprise and confusion was writ large on her face.

“Oh,” she offered, by way of a first response. “I have to admit that alchemy is not something I am at all familiar with. I am aware of the Sith’s uses of the Force in this way, but not of the Jedi’s.” She closed her eyes momentarily before wrinkling her forehead. “I have something in the back of my mind about its use, but for the life of my I can’t quite recall. Either way, it is an interesting aspect of combining science and the Force. How precisely would it be used?”

She nodded approvingly at the ship design. “I see, a very practical application of a ship design, how far advanced is its design and construction?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

"Well my people are smiths and forge workers we have used alchemy to make equipment with the force for centuries without sith influence or jedi help. So what the sith do I am not certain but our methods are mostly what is taught, based on what I have as a knowledge base to work with the sith use the force to bludgeon reality and create their items of power with things often times unnatural. They break the rules of the universe where others who use the skills might bend them or add to them." That was the best way she could think to describe it while showing the synthetic blood they were developing. It wasn't made to help people and it wouldn't be for transfusion but it could work in forging and smithing since the jedi were harvesting solari crystals for the cells within to hold it. Force enhanced with the lightside going into every fiber. Her ship on the other hand. "It is designed as a miniture version of the Saratai, a heav manufacturing vessel but more personal so I can move into an area and start making things if it is needed to help."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel listened intently. It seemed that no matter how long you’d been a Jedi, there was always something new to learn. A new ability. A new race with specific skills – or even an entire branch of Force use that was new to her.

“Alchemy sounds fascinating. To imbue an item with the Force and use it for good? That sounds an entirely worthwhile pursuit and, if I’m honest, hard work.”

“So I’d be keen to understand what practical applications you’re working on and how I can be of help of course. And the same is true of your ship. I know my way around most vessels and so if I can be of any help, you know you only have to ask. And finally, are there any specific abilities I can help you develop, or knowledge you’d like to learn?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Hmm she was liking this master more and more while she was working on some fo the things. "Practical applications would be for some fo the things that might be able to work with. She wanted to work with the jedi master she had while going over it with what they might be able to do. "Well the ideas for the ship are to make it a simple and smaller version of the Saratai factory ships. Just with less crew, less automated systems and less of the things we have been working on for those. We developed some new things to work for it and more practical applications. " She pulled out the first testing group of the artificial blood that they had to work with and presented it. "We have been trying to make it so that it will infuse the lightside of the force into different metals with the artificial blood. It will allow jedi to make a number of equipent that will not allow those who serve the darkside of the force to use."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel listened and did her best to understand the concept of alchemy. It all sounded not only entirely practical but also somewhat exciting.

“So, if I understand it correctly, it will render items made by the process impossible for dark-siders to use. That makes sense and I can see the application. Would there also be uses where it could amplify the light-side to aid a Jedi? To speed up healing for example or to channel it generally for a Jedi to use?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She gave a nod of her head to the idea and her master was thinking of a number of things that they had been developing. "We have made great strides in that, a crystal underlay that will be able to improve healing capabilities. Some of the other crystal works we have done worked to improve the ability for jedi to channel the force and give them a sense of calmness. Darksiders are unable to match or stay near the objects which helps to improve upon all of its use by jedi in general." She said it while prepared to work on any of the thing with the artificial blood and there was also the watchmen's oculous. "Or like this, an eyepiece for jedi watchmen designed to detect force signatures in people and objects."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel listened, fascinated. Everything she could have hoped for, her Padawan was stating was a possibility. Healing, focussing the Force, repelling dark-siders and even tools that replicated abilities – like the option to see auras, much in the same way she used Force Sight. These were all wonderful applications of alchemy – and the use of synthetic blood meant the key objection to the practice would be negated.

“There are a hundred things we could and should do, but we only have time for one at a time. So, what would you like to do first? Training, making something, lore…you should choose.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Hmm what would she want to do at first, there was so much in truth but she was skilled in crafting like this... she was trained in how to work with her equipment and she was looking at the hammer on her hip. "Training would be good it would give a chance to work on things but i have not really done anything in terms of training for lightsabers of normal force powers. My people have a lot of skill using force abilities for crafting but some of the basics we need to be trained in." She worked at it while providing herself a cloth she could wipe the sweat and dirt from her face and arms wearing some robes she could work with. Krass was changed into the guardian robes as the white meshed material was more protective.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel simply sat cross-legged on the floor in front of Krass and indicated her Padawan should do the same.

“You clearly know how to connect to the Force,” she began, “So there is no need to start there. And meditation is something you would no doubt benefit from – but that may be a lesson for another day. So…where to start?”

Sorel raised her right hand and the hammer attached to Krass’ hip gently floated into her outstretched palm. “There are many things we can use this for. Tell me, how proficient are you with Push and Pull? Or Telekinesis?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Looking at her master as she sat down and her hammer was taken away for a moment and it wasn't like it was to be mean just strange not having its weight on her hip as light as it was designed to be. "Not very well, the more external uses of the force I am weaker with and don't have as much training or skill with where as meditation and applications of it for equipment are just easier to do. Feel more natural as opposed to pushing around people. THough I do know how to pull some tools to me should I need them for projects to work on the different things." Krass gave a nod of her head to indicate while she crossed her arms meditating a little to try and show she could lift and move a couple tools.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel was pleased that her Padawan was keen to engage in some of the more mundane of the abilities a Jedi would learn. Mastery of the basics was often overlooked and some simple techniques would come in very handy even in life or death situations. Too often Jedi looked to utilise the most complex uses of the Force, when simple methods were often more reliable and required far less concentration and therefore were better used – especially by Padawans and Knights that had less control of the Force and who would tire more easily.

Clear your mind.” She made a conscious effort not to say ‘try’. It was a Youngling error to use such a phrase. “And be confident. Nothing will limit your use of the Force more than doubt. If you do not believe you will be successful, you will invariably fail. When will and imagination are in conflict, imagination invariably wins. It matters not how much you want to do something, if you hesitate, you will fail.”

“And do not try to bend the Force to your will. Let it know what you want to achieve and allow it to help you. It is rarely more complicated than that – but in reality it takes time and practice.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She was listening to her master and getting a better idea of what she was wanting to make and work with. There was a lot on her mind while she was focused there and ready. Interest in many of the things before she was allowing the force energie to go throughout her body. Her mind loud and full of ideas when she was calming it but there was all of the things she could think about that might be going wrong with some of the tech things that they have been working with. She was feeling the lightside of the force all around them before she let her mind go blank for a moment focusing the force around herself. "I understand." She was allowing the force to enter her body and calm herself when it stretched out coursing through her veins. She was letting more of the energy go through her body to come out of her hands while she was focusing to lift her things and follow the lessons of her master.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel observed her Padawan. She was someone who clearly had a busy mind but had the capacity to still it for long enough to connect fully with the Force.

“Working with the Force is, I suspect, a lot like alchemy. For a start, you need to constantly practise to improve. Secondly, you will find initially that new tasks take a lot of concentration – and will typically seem harder than you originally expected. But with patience, direction and practice, you will learn to do things with little or no conscious effort. And as you grow in the Force, your control and power will also grow and your endurance to use it will increase. Now, practice lifting multiple objects simultaneously. Multi-tasking is an important ability to master.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Hmm she could do multitasking in most things though that was focusing on working a forge where you had a lot of prep work or in the tech division where you were working with a number of things. The padawan was looking at all of it while she waited there and focused herself ready to give a lot of the work to it. She moved so they could work on it. Krass was looking at it and the objects in the area she could lift up before rolling her shoulders to get ready for it. She needed to practice it then that was fine and reaching out with her hands to take in for her mind each of the tools that she was able to see and touch. Letting the force expand outwards until she was steady with her breathing, muscles tense but calm heartbeat that allowed her to grip them for a few moments as they shook, rattling around the room but not really lifting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom