Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where better to meet a Padawan?

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
They moved to a spot where Krass could practise her ability to levitate and manipulate multiple objects.

Krass had partial success and Sorel was unsure what to do. She was not a Jedi with years of experience in training Padawans. But she was a Padawan that had experienced many teachers and quickly wondered what their approach would be. To allow Krass to fail might dent her confidence, but to step in too quickly would have the same outcome. It was a thorny issue.

Sorel decided to simply speak. Her voice was low and calm. “Good,” she said, giving praise where it was due. “You are able to interact with multiple objects. Now you have two choices. To continue to work with this many until you are able to move them comfortably. Or to revert to one and add another – one at a time – until you are able to control them all. Both options work, it’s whatever works best for you.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She was looking at her with a nod of her head and it was a different things to work with. She knew that some teachers wanted you to do a lot at once or learn something and move along but some others chose to have you learn what it was that you were doing and be able to repeat it until it was memory was there. Krass was going over everything while she stood there until she stayed at the ready. "I think the better option would be to get better at lifting objects and add more." It was also the better way to multi task when you were getting into things as she started again. letting the force energies go through her body before reaching out to grab one object and then the ones next to it in a small area. "Alright." Krass was focusing herself to allow the force energies to remain there while she had her hand extended outwards lifting it in a small area.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel smiled as her Padawan made the choice for herself. It was invariably a better outcome than for the Master to tell their student what to do. At least that’s how Sorel saw it.

Using Force Sense, Sorel could of course sense the Force around them but also was able to pick up on her Padawan’s use of it, effectively seeing strands of connection between Krass and the objects she was lifting. It was curious to see it in this way, but oddly draining for Sorel, so she stopped after a short while. Perhaps when she finally became a Master, she would be able to see such things without taxing herself? Regardless, she was pleased to see Krass link to items and control them, gaining in confidence and – like any repetitive process – learn to do so with less and less conscious effort. It would take a while for her to be entirely proficient, enough to lift multiple objects at will and perform a secondary task – but with time and practise it would happen.

For now she remained silent and observed her Padawan’s progress.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass could feel the objects while she was letting the force energies push forward with even more of the training. she wanted to work it out, wanted to show that she had the talent and the skills that would come from more of the things. Krass pushed the force energies outwards to lift the objects while she paced herself letting her endurance training and what she had been working on to better improve her own work with equipment in the force forges push outwards. Krass let out a long line of breath until she was ready to stop for the moment and rejoin with her master. Srtting the things down while grabbing one of the drinks from a belt and some food when she was panting and stretching. "That was intense master, I'll keep practicing but I need some food from all of that energy getting burned through."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel smiled at her Padawan’s exertions. Giving up too easily was the second most likely reason for failure when it came to learning.

“Nothing worth having tends to present itself without some cost. For Jedi it is time and effort. There is no real short-cut for the light side. Sith tend to accelerate their learning, but at a cost. To their long-term health and their ability to operate without the dark side. It becomes something of an addiction to them.”

“Eat, drink and rest if necessary. You do not need me to hand hold your progress, you know what to do – daily practise is all that is required for you to grow in your ability. The only constraint is the number of hours in a day – and how many other abilities you wish to be competent at. I practise daily – it is the only way to remain in touch with my abilities. But I learn far fewer new abilities than I did when I was a Youngling or a Padawan. It is something I accept. Instead, I grow my ability to use the Force. For longer and with more power.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass was looking at her master and she was tired, she wanted to eat, she wanted to drink as she was parched. Being in a hot room where all the moisture in her mouth was removed from the heat and then practicing the force powers with some energy she had to work on things as she prepared herself for things. "Alright then." krass listened to her while they were prepared to work on more of the things. "We have some of the new food stuffs and items." She was looking at the self heating cans of soup she was setting up to use and heat up. Some fo the water and wres to get something to go with the soup as well as a drink and her canteen before she went to the side. "I am all for daily practice master Crieff, I know the force won't be something easy and have accepted working with it and on it along with many more techniques I could learn. I want to be one of the best smiths with the force we can get."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel listened and could not help but admire her Padawan’s dedication. In fact, in many ways it put hers to shame.

Sorel had only latterly decided on a course of action – on a way to use her Force abilities. Until recently she’d learned plenty and of course helped out where she could, but she’d essentially drifted, with no clear path or course to follow.

“It is good that you have an understanding of what you want to do with the Force. I with more Jedi – myself included – were better at setting a clear goal and pursuing it. Ensuring that your training is specific to your chosen field and you do not waste time or energy unnecessarily. I think there are basics that you have picked up along the way that each and every Jedi should know, but these are a handful. I am genuinely impressed by your single-mindedness and you need to let me know what it is you need from me to progress.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

"I don't like to waste things or time when it comes to training but I know the value of trying different things. I have been wanting to work with a master and develop my techniques. I was looking for a goal of being a quartermaster within the jedi, I don't mind going out but it would be something where I can make, work with and get gear, serve the order and not have to go on exotic missions. I'd have retrieval teams for that." She said it with a grin on her face as she was excited to work wiht her master on whatever they were doing and who knew maybe in time her idea would change and evolve wanting for her to go a different way. Anything could and would be abel to happen wiht time.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel nodded sagely as her Padawan spoke.

“A quartermaster? It’s a noble aspiration. And it leads to a question. What do you know of lightsabers. I suspect that many Padawans will be coming to you for advice on crafting a saber. Yes, they’ll expect their Master to help with the actual construction – but where to find a design that suits, or alternative items to use in construction. Or even the traditional ones for that matter. Have you crafted a saber yourself? My advice is to be familiar with any item you provide. Not an expert, but familiar enough to have a considered conversation.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass was looking at Sorel and it was a beam of admiration, she was asking a mile a minute questions and all of them were for the padawan herself. She was thinking about the answers as well and crafting a lightsaber should be a personal thing but there were so many materials you could use for the components that is was a fashionable thing. She had to work and think about a few more of the things provided with a small look on her face. "I have not constructed my saber yet, I designed for the masters a hammer that we were able to work with. A dynamic sonic hammer that releases a shockwave able to bypass lightsabers and push back or stun most jedi. There is a couple other things though and I am running over a lot of materials I can make my sabers hilt with."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel listened carefully. Clearly Krass took her craft seriously – which Sorel half-expected. But what impressed her most was the Padawan’s desire to work outside of the Jedi’s traditional tools. The sonic hammer sounded like such an invention.

“Tell me more about the hammer. I mean how big is it, and how exactly does it work? I mean, how would I use one if I had one?”

She had questions and suggestions about crafting sabers – but she knew that Krass did not need to craft one to understand them. As long as she understood their construction and could offer advice and options, the Jedi would find her guidance invaluable.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

KRass looked at her and retrieved her hammer, it was right there plain and looking simple. From the leather wrapped around the hilt to the etching on the metal that she was able to see. The padawan held it and it activated with her grip of the hammer. "It is desh-terethium with a synthweave we have designed for the jedi. Using pontite and solari which makes the connection to the force between the jedi and the hammer far superior. It will allow you to enhance it with the force to smash darkside artifacts and add the lightside of the force into the shockwave that is produced." She looked at her master and stuck with it as she showed a part of her glove and the hammer. "These are the magno clasps we have developed allowing e to pull it back from a distance and the mini computer inside can be calibrated for different species, different levels and settings from stun ti kill."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel paid attention as Krass explained all about the hammer. It was, on the face of it, relatively traditional. But the materials she described were anything but common and that was only the start of it.

The use of the crystals for example added a whole new dimension to the tool, and were a complete surprise for Sorel. But logically it was no different to having crystals in a saber. It forged a strong connection between the Jedi and the blade. But unlike a saber, that was entirely created by the use of a crystal, the hammer was functional without the addition – but its capabilities greatly enhanced.

“So I can destroy an artefact with this? By a combination of brute force and the power of the light side? And if I hit a dark-sider with it? It will effectively project a shockwave into their body of light-sided energy? Have I understood that correctly?”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

"Yes" In a way you needed the skill to know how to properly do it but there is a danger to it all. You needed the skil and ideas of what you were doing otherwise you might shatter an artifact but not destroy it. The pieces could be that much more dangerous like the kaiburr crystal was strong but then the shards could be used by doens as opposed to just one person. "You just need to know what you are doing when you do it. Don't want to shatter a sith talisman that suddenly can now be used by several people instead of one... and there are some artifacts that are dangerous or so ancient they might be harder to destroy then most of us understand. Such as the kashi mer amulet... No one except who is touching it understands how much it can do and how connected according to the text. I wouldn't want to smash it and turn it into something a hundred darksiders could use to learn the secrets." Krass was looking at it and she was ready with a nod of her head.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel had never come across a dark-sided artefact, let alone looked to destroy one. But as Krass spoke, she realised that there was far more to destroying one than simply hitting it with a hammer – even one infused with the light side of the Force. The prospect that she might generate many new dark sided objects from the one she’d hope to do away with was an eye-opener.

“I never fully understood that. They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but increased knowledge is never a bad thing either. If I ever encounter something, I now know to bring it to someone with greater wisdom than me to dispose of. They say a Master-Padawan relationship is a two-way street and there is my proof. I have so far learned more from you than you have from me.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass looked at her master and that was a good way to think about it, she knew a lot when it came to forging stuff and Sorel her master knew a lot more about being a jedi. She could think of better and cooler ways to work with it as well. Wanting to provide a whole lot in that regard when she was looking at her master and with some of the artificial blood they had made she could feel the lightside of the force while she was moving. "Well that is how it can be done and I would prefer that. i know a good deal about making things and taking them apart... You are a master and trained in the skills of a jedi so we can get along great." She said it while standing up and she was ready grabbing bag that she started loading. some of the equipment for herself. Her forging gear. "We have a lot that we can work on and travel with. I would prefer that over just being in a room of the temple."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel noted that Krass was packing. In truth Sorel did not enjoy remaining in one spot for too long. It had been many years since she had a place she could refer to as home and did not hanker for one now. Travelling suited her well and the many Jedi temples on offer were welcome stopping off points when she needed supplies.

“So, do we travel in my ship or yours? I’m quite comfortable either way.” Sorel liked her own vessel but then enjoyed getting to know new ships and so the prospect of travelling in Krass’ ship had a certain appeal – as long as it was ready for use of course.

“And I should pack some things for the journey too." Sorel was thinking of training remotes, training sabers and a variety of other aids that Krass could use in her development of Jedi abilities.

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

"My ship is not finished being built yet, we'll need to take yours master." She said it and well there were some plans she had for what they were wanting to do with it. Developing the massive and far more impressive forge ship for herself. She'd just have to go along wiht it until they got it all going as she picked up her pack. She was ready to go and getting the artificial blood show she could show it off was an important thing. They would be able to work with it and she would get a chance to practice with it so they would have a better version to use hopefully in the future. Get those kinks out as it wasn't special or made to save people.. if anything it would really make them far worse off if you tried to use it so instead focus on the good it can provide to her works with the weapons forging or building with the force. "I am ready to go when you are, there shouldn't be anything you need much here unless you wanted some fo the new stuff that had been developed like the biot droids for maintaining a ship."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel nodded. Her ship was functional as opposed to luxurious, but it did the job of getting from A to B effectively and was built – or rather modified – for performance. It started life as a small freighter but was now her personal ship. Beaten and battered from the outside, it never raised an eyebrow when she landed in even the most run-down of systems. And unwanted attention was rarely positive for a Jedi.

“Good, you’ll have your own cabin. It’s rudimentary but it does the job. And you can cast your eye over my mode of transport once I land on a planet. A modified jeep that covers all terrain well and allows me to transport things or people if need be.”

“And there is plenty of room for you to work whilst we travel. I tend to meditate or study when I’m flying alone, so please include me in anything you need a hand in – or work by yourself if you need to. I’ll not take offence.”

“But before we go, please tell me about these new droids.”

[member="Krass Wyms"]

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Krass looked at her and had a grin on her face while she was walking and thinking about the droids. "Well the biot droids are advanced bio-organic creations that we are now able to grow the same as the organs for use with transplants to help in medical situations. With them we can program them with the initial training and information but then they are able to learn about the different situations they are going to be in." She kept walking and had her equipment while going towards the ship and there was a number of other things that would be able to use here. She knew some of the vehicles and continued on speaking with a nod of her head. "They are also very skilled for what we wanted to do in getting more crew to augment the army and crews we have for ships, staff in the number of medical and manufacturing facilities."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom