Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When The Sun Goes Down

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
2efec6b527499454ee9e79394a079f3b.png

Tapeno Library - Procopia,
Procopia System, Tapani Sector.
[member="Olivia Durant"]

Books, ancient scrolls, even a few holocrons here and there. It made the scholar in him sing rowdy and loudly. The Tapani Sector was not exactly a place he liked to be these days, not with the Galactic Alliance holding sway over Fondor and its systems… just a little bit too close to that particular government, but at the end of the day he was a single Sith Acolyte.

His face wasn’t known and neither was his name.

It was during times like these that being one out of a crowd of many was a very good thing. It meant that Thost could afford to take risks such as these - wandering into enemy territory and explore a richly-stocked library without much headache.

And you say you have all the volumes of Consporicus’ works?” the Falleen responded with something of amazement in the tone of his voice.

The assistant of the head librarian was a bookish, but cute girl. Curly, auburn hair. Light-blue eyes with little specks of onyx. A few laughing lines around her lips. Cute. If you would pay attention to it and Keshann was far too enthralled with this delightful news to do that.

Oh, yes, m’Lord.” Thost hasn’t come out and said it, but Darcina could recognize a Lord when she saw one… even if the scales were a bit shiny and taking up her attention.

All four-hundred and fifty-six, in fact.

Keshann nodded resolutely. “Please upload it to screen at my table. I will need a very close look at it. A very close look, indeed.”

And with that he strode off, back to work and leaving the girl behind the counter.

Perhaps a different sort of Sith would have tried to play his charms on her, perhaps a different person would have noticed the interest welling up from her, but the Falleen had a singular focus in this current period of his life.

The ladies clearly didn’t figure into it for now.

She hadn’t quite taken up the mantle of the work her Master had given her. They were well-suited to each other, and he promised more hands-on training soon enough, but even those Jedi who chose to train in the physical arts were required to do a little reading. Usually she wouldn’t have minded - after all, didn’t she just spend many months preceding her settling in the Alliance doing research? - but now, she was just eager to start the real training.

It had been a week of the same reading, and she thought she was coming to understand what her Master wanted from her. She sat in the same place, pulled up the same set of works, sat in the same seat every time.

Or at least, usually.

This time someone else was sitting there, throwing her for a small loop. She quickly readjusted, sitting a few seats down from him and pulling up from where she’d left yesterday. But she couldn’t concentrate. In all likelihood she was just bored, but she convinced herself it was the seat - the light was too bright from the window on high and it came down at her just so; the seat was too low, making her fold her legs uncomfortably; there was a draft from the cooling system that she seemed to be sitting right under. Within a few minutes she was too antsy to concentrate, instead turning her head to the Falleen.

“That’s where I usually sit, you know,” she said quietly, knowing full well it was ridiculous because hundreds moved through the massive library every day. But she would have done just about anything to stop reading right then.

[member="Thost Keshann"]​

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Olivia Durant"]

For a while everything had been perfect. The angle of the light was splendid, the humidity of the air beyond reproach and the sounds of the library only a soft buzz in the background of his engaged mind... but then it happened. A voice snapped him out of the revery, musical, soft and yet chiming with that quality of life. Had it been any other situation Thost might have been enticed to start up a conversation.

As it stood said voice was all that stood between him and the second tennant of Consporicus.

Keshann looked up.

Emerald lights exploring her fine features while his mind processed the voice, trying to pick out the specific intonation that would tell him where the accent came from. Refined, just slightly haughty without being contrived. Hmm... ah, yes.

"You are far away from home, Hapes." the Sith Acolyte replied. His tone was that ancient: as a matter of fact. Not warm, not cold, calculating, patient and calm. There was no annoyance, because the figure was above such petty grievances. Said in short... the Falleen was quite full of himself without even knowing it.

"Can I help you?"

He probably didn't mean it that way, probably.

“No further than you, Falleen,” she answered, raising an eyebrow to accompany her gentle smile as she rested her chin on her hand. She was well-versed in species other than her own. Hapes was close to the center of galaxy and therefore had gained influence throughout the centuries. Their culture, influence, and beautiful world made them a stop for many dozens of species’ and their nobility, and Olivia had been taught about nearly all of them. She hadn’t seen too many Falleen, but he was as handsome as most of his species and carried the same characteristic distance she couldn’t call icey or unwelcoming, but was cold just the same.

“I suppose you can’t unless you want to trade seats, but I’m guessing you find that one just as comfortable as I do.” She was truly being rude distracting him from whatever he’d found so endlessly fascinating, but he was a welcome distraction.

“My Master gave me far too much boring book work to do. I like reading as much as the next person, but it gets old after a while.”

[member="Thost Keshann"]​

[member="Olivia Durant"]

Tick, tick, thunk.

Cerita looked up from her book, little smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. For a moment she was confused... why was she here? Could have sworn that only a second or so ago this had been her room in Dissero's castle, but her pjs were gone, her face wasn't muddy and grimed from the soil samples and instead she was surrounded by a... library.

A blink followed by a shrug. Stranger things had happened - anyone else might have freaked out, but Sarova was a Queen of rolling with the punches and seeing where they landed.

"Might be you are reading the wrong books then." she replied with a little laugh at the end, before taking another look around. A very big library indeed, she didn't recall being here before.

Strange.

"What has your Master given you to read this time around?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom