Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is the Factory/Codex Not Optional?

There has been, and probably always will be, some convolution over the Factory/Codex's purpose. I'm announcing that I will personally be spending some time trying to clear this up over the next month.

But the main question I think needs answering comes about due to the rapid expansion we've introduced ever since the introduction of the Codex, a variant of the Factory that focuses on environmental In Character items, like locations, planets, and NPCs.

Here's the question I'm sure a lot of new people wonder, and a lot of old members need to be reminded of:

"When do I need to submit an item to the Factory?"

The answer:

"When someone reports you for the item and a Role-play Judge directs you to submit the item via the Factory."

What does this mean? Can I have my own NPC squad without submitting them? Can I have my own NPC buddy that follows me around? Can I have a super ray death blaster gun that fires death bullets but isn't in canon? Can I have my own tweaked out version of Mandalore the Ultimate's armor? Can I create a pocket dimensional space purse for my floozy?

YES. YOU CAN.

But be prepared for it to get reported, and the Role-play Judge's first reaction when seeing an "overpowered" item - something that gives you an UNFAIR advantage in role-play - will be to control it within the means of the Factory. And in other instances - depending on the RPJ's reaction - they may direct you to other places. The Factory/Codex doesn't control everything, only the items that are submitted within it. That includes Starships.

If you want to stay safe from reports and don't want to deal with the Factory/Codex? Use canon items found on the Star Wars Wikia. So long as you're not attempting to use anything too, TOO overpowered, you should be fine. Which brings us to the next question...

"How do I know if an item is too overpowered?"

The answer:

"If you're offending the opposing writer you're role-playing with, it's probably too overpowered. But the real decision maker here is the Role-play Judge. If the opposing writer is unreasonable after trying to hash things out with them, report them! Staff'll see it and send a Role-play Judge to oversee the decision of whether it's too overpowered or not."

That is the only time you NEED to submit something to the Factory/Codex. Mostly it's there for people who want to create new stuff and have it be approved. It's 100% optional... unless you absolutely need something a RPJ is telling you to submit, then you'll need to submit it.

As an addendum, if you want a new player-created planet on the map - obviously it has to go through the Codex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom