Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public When in Strange Bars

Objective: Grab a drink
Tags: Mazrim Caide/Taim

Dezik finished the rest of his drink before speaking. "In my book there's always a time for a drink. As long as you don't drink stupidly" he said setting the cup aside. Dezik looked over to Mazrim as he enquired as to who he was and Dezik responded by patting his Mk. III Storm Helmet. "Former Sith Stormie. Or Legionnaire. Depends who you ask these days." he said picking up the helmet and admiring it. Being a trooper was one of the few proud things he had done but he had his reasons for leaving that life behind. "Now I'm a merc. Better pay, choosing your employers. That kind of stuff." he rambled on describing his job but not revealing his name.

Dezik set his helmet aside and look the man up and down. Concealed identity, talking about clients and bounties. Either a bounty hunter or merc. Or maybe both, these days the line between the two careers had become blurred, mercs working bounties and hunters working security detail. "So who are you then?" He asked as he let his heavy blaster rest on the counter top. Dezik looked around the bar and saw one or two folks nearby. It wasn't like he was talking about anything important so he didn't seem to bothered they listened in.

"I will...bite," she nodded in agreement, "sounds like you need me...and maybe, I need you. You have...a plan?"

"The first step would be getting off this disgusting rock," Sentiri said dryly, without a hint of sarcasm. And the sooner the better. All of the other dangerous people seemed engaged in conversation or otherwise occupied. Now it was just a matter of getting the injured Twi'Lek out of the bar without causing too much commotion.

What was up with her these past few cycles? Sentiri had never been the giving type. Or caring. Or compassionate. When did that change?

She thought she had given up interpersonal relationships of any kind after her ex-husband. But then she had been exiled and came to a human-dominated world. She had made exactly two friends, but they were close ones. One mostly in hiding raising a child, the other hiding for reasons unknown. The Chiss missed them. But then she had returned to being among her people, the Ascendancy welcomed her back. Sentiri knew her emotional changes were well underway by that point, but compassion? She bonded well with her sister, Karisa. Was that it? She had learned to bond better with others and, as a result, she felt a desire to help someone in need?

The operative would have to reflect on all of that later. For now, she focused on getting the cybernetically-deficient woman out of the cantina.

"Come on. Everyone seems distracted enough. Let's get out of here." Sentiri stood from the booth. "How well can you walk?"

Dara began to follow Sentiri out of the bar. She didn't even look back. She left the commlink pieces on the table.

"Walking...is fine, it's my hands...a-and my head. Worry about...yourself."

Naturally, she started to second guess herself. Dara tended to associate the Chiss with upper-class sorts, so she wondered what exactly she was getting into. Atleast it was something.

"Walking...is fine, it's my hands...a-and my head. Worry about...yourself."

The Chiss woman said nothing in return. She simply led on and out of the Short Rancor. Her guard remained up even as they exited the cantina. After all, they were on Nar Shaddaa. Nowhere was completely safe. Though as far as getting mugged went, the Twi'Lek definitely didn't look as though she had much of value on her. Sentiri was better dressed, but the lack of auxiliary movement through her clothing should inform a pickpocket that her pockets carried nothing of value.

"My ship isn't far," Sentiri said to her newfound associate. "You may call me Sentiri, by the way." Sentiri made a straight path through the grimy Nar Shaddaa streets. There was no longer any reason to remain on the moon. There hadn't been a good one in the first place. But, if the Chiss investigator's intuition about the Twi'Lek was right, then perhaps she was fortunate to have stopped. Blackheart respected technical expertise above all else. And while Sentiri had excellent knowledge of systems and operations, her knowledge of their components and construction was not on the same level. She got by. But always with research. The other blue-skinned humanoid hopefully would be a good complement.

Sentiri walked on swiftly through the Nar Shaddaa slums. She did not stop to talk. There would be plenty time for that while safely aboard the ship. Instead, she kept her focus on the people around them. The investigator was taking a risk, too. She had no idea whether the other woman had a price on her head; or what had made her so jumpy at the cantina when she saw the trooper. This all could just be some long con that Sentiri was walking straight into. But none of that deterred her. A price on your head was a hard thing to live with. But often that detriment was simply a good motivator. And this didn't feel like a con. The Twi'lek's injuries were too severe, too genuine, to have been intentional. Even if the Twi'lek was being used by another party, the further away they were from Nar Shaddaa, the less likely any sort of repercussions would come after them.

The odds had already been calculated. Sentiri was confident she had made the right move.

Finally, the two women entered the bay where Sentiri's ship was berthed. The woman entered the code she had set prior to leaving the vessel earlier that day and the ramp lowered reassuringly in response.

"Come on. Let's get off this rock."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom