Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply When in Boxes | Coruscant

Evi

E

MOSHED-2022-8-18-23-58-27.jpg

When in Boxes
Coruscant
Tags: First Reply (DM for later entry)

Evi_divider.png

When you didn't have a home, you tended to learn to sleep in strange locations. Evi really liked boxes. That was strange, yeah, but she really liked something about curling up with something solid protecting her on all sides. It was like having a mini home, or at least she assumed it was. The Sephi had, of course, never lived in a real home before, or at least anything more lavish than a refugee tent on Tython. Something strange had happened this time. Evi, as she often did, found herself a cozy container to curl up in and take a nap. It had been a pretty successful day all things considered. She had made a good amount of credits playing her violin in the newly developing settlement near her camp, and she had even managed to get herself a pretty nice meal squared away. The box was a simple supply crate, full of blankets and such. it was practically begging to be slept in, which is of course exactly what Evi did.

Evi woke to find everything off. There was a lid over her head now, one that was notably not sealed as it came off with a gentle kick. Almost immediately new sounds overwhelmed her, causing her to stumble out of the crate in a fit of confusion. She pretty quickly made eye contact with some kind of worker in a blue uniform, who seemed just as confused as she was. Of course, the realization hit pretty quickly that the Sephi had, in fact, been transported somewhere completely different when she slept. Before the worker could even ask any questions, Evi was running, violin clutched to her chest.

Frantic confusion came over her as Evi scrambled her way though bustling streets, with rows upon rows of streets and flying vehicles that all looked the same and completely different all at the same time. This clearly wasn't Tython. The young woman couldn't run for ever, as much as her panicked mind wanted to. Her legs began to tire, her breath growing heavier. Finally, she couldn't help herself. It was bright out, but a dimly lit alleyway provided some shade. Even worse; There was a box. Compared to the cold durasteel and asphalt that lined the streets and walls of this bizarre and endless city, the container was a very comforting site. So there Evi was, curled up in a box on an alien world.

The stress of figuring out where to eat could wait. She was exhausted.

Shopping was fun, but it was also exhausting, both on her body and her purse. It had certainly been a new experience for her, given that her mother had handled all of the budgeting and shopping where she had grown up, except for letting her pick and design her own clothing. Still, she was learning quickly, albeit not without struggle. So much of what she had taken for granted at home was gone. For example, a speeder and a speeder license, meaning that she had to lug her groceries and other assorted items back on foot until she could figure that out. A bank account so that she did not have to haul credit chits everywhere, and get suspicious glances when she made large purchases with them, especially when paying for her apartment.

Mother always valued a “sink or swim” approach I suppose. She said it was the way you grew in power in the Force, and in many other areas in life. Still, would it have really hurt to provide some guidance? Or leave me with more than the bare minimum…

She sighed softly as she continued walking down the streets of Level 3046, a working to lower middle class neighborhood, which was a modest upgrade from the slum neighborhood where she had been dropped off with only a datapad, her clothes, and her weapons not too long ago. And where she had to fight to survive on her very first day, and even tap into the darker power her mother told her should only be used when necessary like a poison. She shuddered thinking at what happened to the Bothans. She had still not heard anything on the Holonet news about the incident-did the Jedi cover it up because a Padawan was involved?-and she could only hope it had been resolved peacefully. The two of them given medical treatment, a new apartment…she would have to check on them once the heat on that level died down on her.

Ugh, and I still have to eventually show up at the Jedi Temple…even if it is just for a tour…I had better practice concealing my presence in the Force more, or I will likely get the recruitment to save the Galaxy speech mother warned me about and which I experienced firsthand. Not like I am opposed to that, mind, but it already seems REALLY rulebound from speaking to that Jedi Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale .

She was musing on her past experiences so far when her passive senses suddenly picked up on strong emotions, great fear, and even greater anxiety. Stopping dead in her tracks, much to the irritation of the passerby behind her, she reached out with the Force, trying to determine where-and from whom-this emanated. She had hesitated before with the Padawan and the Bothan, and she was not willing to make that mistake again.

Where-and who-are you?

She was able to get some sense of the person she was looking for fairly easily-they did not seem to be threatening in any way, physically, they seemed small, and there was no hint of malice. What was much more vexing for her was trying to find out exactly where this person was. It took quite a bit more time and effort for her to do so-she had to admit, she was not perfect, and in such a relatively crowded planet such as Coruscant, she had not yet gotten used to using her abilities to pick individuals out of the veritable ocean of the living Force that permeated the planet. She felt like she was but an initiate again in many ways on this strange new world.

Finally, after more than a few false leads and the foregone conclusion that the frozen treats she had purchased for herself were beyond salvageable at this point, she came upon a dingy, dimly lit alleyway. A lone durasteel box...and the sense of a now sleeping sentient in it. Female, it felt like, but she could be wrong.

She did not want to unduly frighten the poor soul, so she decided to take a bit more of a timid approach, carefully knocking on the sides of the durasteel container, softly speaking as she did so.

"Excuse me, are you okay? I saw you running into this box and you seemed like you might not some help." She quietly articulated, trying to project warmth into her voice.

A slight dishonesty, I did see her through the Force...in a way...after a painful realization that there are many things I still need to work on.

Last edited:
Peylin wasn't sure how she found herself on Coruscant, but she was coming to hate it. The bustling streets with no dark alleys to run in, blue everywhere, nearly as far as the eye could see in some places, she really hated the color blue, and the crowds were crowdier. She couldn't figure out a better explanation than that. While she wasn't sure how she came to this awful planet, she knew that she was out of cash, fuel, and food. Her stomach grumpily reminded her of the last fact.

She had done the weird thing and gotten a sonic shower. On Narshadaa, being another filthy orphan was the nor. On Coruscant, it meant people took pity on you and wanted to give you terrible things like a home and family. Awful things she refused to have until after whatever training she does on Korriban. So she cleaned herself up, put on a cute little sundress she'd borrowed, and made her way through the streets of level ten. The crowds were thicker here, allowing her to pickpocket some loose credits, enough for a sandwich on one of the lower floors, she couldn't remember which. The one with fewer people, more dark alleyways, and no fucking blue skies.

It was a quiet, out-of-the-way little hole in the wall. She couldn't remember the name for the life of her but she didn't care. Their sandwiches and weird sodas were good, and that's all that mattered to the teen's mind. That and planning a way to get enough fuel, meal bars, and credits to continue her flight to Korriban.

Peylin whipped out her datapad and began planning her objectives.
1. Get a sense of the location
2. Contact the underworld, see who the big players on this side of Coruscant, and see if any jobs need to be taken care of.
3. Look into the local bounties to see if there are any

She figured the local bounties would earn her most of her cash, but you never know what opportunities lie in the darker depths of an ecumenopolis. Having lived in one of the darkest ecumenopolis in the whole Galaxy, she knows a thing or two about opportunity, especially before the Hutts decided she was their new pleasure slave and sent half the planet after her. That settled. She paid for her food with stolen creds and began strolling her way into the darker parts of Coruscant.

Then she saw a Jedi woman talking to a box. Now, Peylin has seen odder things in her life. Narshadaa tends to bring or make weirdos. Hell, she was plenty weird for her lack of human social habits and her hatred for the color blue, but talking to a box, now that's some weird shit. It almost made her want to ask if the woman was okay. Ah fuck, might as well. Coruscant isn't like Narshadaa. She should attempt to get out of her shell more.

Peylin strolled up to the Jedi woman. The Jedi noticed her, and the teen attempted to say something, only not to know what to say. So she froze, dear in headlights, as her brain furiously turned its gears to steaming levels to come up with something. Then it hit her.

"Nice box. You own it?"

A mental image of herself facepalmed as she felt extremely stupid, her face flushing in embarrassment. Why can't she be a normal person rather than this weird creature girl who can't talk to a single person without embarrassing herself?! The worse part is the woman was really pretty with silver-white hair, skin white as snow with an elegant and gorgeous style of dress that she almost didn't take her for a Jedi if it wasn't for the lightsaber on her belt, though her eyes were a disgusting blue bleh. Peyline hoped her lightsaber wasn't blue as well. She'd be deeply disappointed if it was.

Tella Voland Tella Voland

Last edited:
Tella had been focusing most of her attention on the box, patiently waiting for whoever it was to feel confident enough to speak or come out, so it came as almost a surprise to her when she only got a few moments warning that someone-strong in the Force at least relative to those in the galaxy and with a tinge of the Dark Side but not yet owned by it-showed up next to her. She turned her head just as the little girl, barely a teen, was approaching, and inquisitively asked her about the box.

She does not feel like someone who is trained or truly dark. A Force Sensitive who recently tapped into the Dark Side?

From her scraggly and dirty appearance, behind which she felt there was some kind of beauty, Tella could guess she was some sort of street kid. She did not necessarily judge her for being “tainted” a little by the Dark Side, her mother had told her many times that sometimes you had to use it, like one might use a poison, to survive. Just do not overdo it, and retain who you were, and you would be fine. She felt like this young woman had not fallen too far just yet, and maybe she could provide a bit of guidance to her about it if she humored her long enough. And who knows, whoever was in the box might feel more comfortable with her around.

She shook her head, smiling at the girl slightly as she did so.

“No, someone I think needs help is in there, but I do not want to upset them. If they do not wish to come out, I will leave them be, but I am hoping they do. They feel...scared...to me."

Peylin Peylin Evi

Peylin looks over to the box. It was empty, "Um uh eh," She twiddled her thumbs a little as she softly stated to the pretty but slightly crazy Jedi lady in front of her, "Um lady, it's uh empty." To ensure her point went across, she picked up the box as easy as- oh? There was a sewage drain under it, slightly skewed. "Huh." She guessed whoever the person this Jedi lady woman was talking to went into the sewers. Not her problem. "Well, I think it's time to hit the old dusty road." And strode off, turning the corner and activating Force Shroud [DC18]. Enough time for distractions. She has credits to make.

Tella Voland Tella Voland

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom