Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Fan Fiction Becomes Cannon?

I started writing this character in 2007. The basic premise behind her was that she came from a family of cultist who believed that two force users would be born that were linked together. Blah blah.

I’ve never watched the Disney films but I was reading about TFA and come to find out there is now this cannon concept of a “Force Dyad”prophecy from the cult Sith Eternal

So I guess my story has cannon elements now and I’m thinking of doing a retcon and rebooting it with what I now know to be true.

But I have questions and would love opinions.

in my original story the two people in the prophecy were twins, Katarin and Daxium Ryiah.

so at this point do o retcon with the cannon info?

Last edited:
I had plans for something similar to Purge Troopers in the aftermath of Order 66, then played Jedi: Fallen Order, so I kinda know the feeling.

I would say work the canon elements into the story, but try to keep whatever you can from the original concept.

Reactions: KAR
There's nothing to say you can't be twins and also a dyad! That could be quite cool, in fact. At the same time, the descendants thing is very cool.

I think I would look for a writer who I trust and know will be active then hash it out with them.

Seeing as your character is already a Jedi Master, it might be more interesting to explore the dyad dynamic with the next generation and instead lay the groundwork now. However, the downside is that long term plans rarely come to fruition on Chaos.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Do what moves you.

My best ideas weren't born from something created or commercialized in the twentieth century. They were born from a fire and human familiarity in my soul. They were Intrinsic to the human condition. They spoke to me like a man speaketh to another man. They were timeless. And If Kathleen Kennedy or Dave Filoni or George Lucas himself pointed to one of my RPs and said, "Now thats real Star Wars." I'd say, "Well. It could be. Maybe."

Because the only opinion that matters Kat is how much you love doing what you're doing. Kat canon, is best canon.

So whatever you decide to do?

Slay it.

And we'll be right behind ya. All the way. :D

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom