Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Darkness Falls...

5677367995_c1a0f6457b.jpg

Does anything in the galaxy make any sort of sense? Does any of it bring answers? This was one of the things that he thought about constantly. He'd done so much throughout his life. Back in old times that so few remembered, despite just how many hold-overs from his time walked he systems of this day and age, he remembered how life used to be. He remembered all those he;d come across in his travels, and it made him think. He quietly contemplated as he walked that lone, dusty road into the middle of nowhere. The arid, tan-hued deserts of tatooine were cliche, to be sure, but that was where it all started for him. This was where he fell to the Darkness, to the inner rage and anger of his soul, to his childhood demons and fears. Some say that Korriban was the planet that was most near and dear to the Sith, and that may well be true, but Tatooine was where young Jedi were corrupted and molded into the Sith Lords of tomorrow. Such was the case for countless men and women, himself included. Perhaps it was the bareness of the terrain, perhaps it was the sheer hopelessness that an endless nothing of sand could form in one's mind. He never was sure why, nor did it really matter. But foot fall after foot fall strode across the sand dunes, the light of the twin suns dim overhead as they began to set.

For a brief moment, he slowed to a halt, and looked up to the twilight sky with dim sapphire eyes. Inhaling deeply, he let out a rather long sigh, and in those few seconds he lamented over the course his life had taken. He'd waged wars across the cosmos, leaving behind him a bloody swath of bodies and bridges engulfed in the hottest flames. He was a blight upon the galaxy, and his inability to contain the madness that always nipped at his mind was his greatest downfall. He left things half completed, and left all he'd come across guessing, wondering, and never knowing just what might have been. Truth be told, he was a horrible Sith, for he never did have the stomach to really follow through with anything he'd set out to do. Depression had set in in ways he'd never imagined, a black, swirling void of brutality he'd never experienced in even the worst days of his life. It was almost unfathomable just how horrid these feelings truly were.

Back when he was but a teenager, things seemed so much simpler. You woke up, got dressed, and went off to the ancient courtyards of Munto Codru's Sith Temple. You found some new meat, of which there was an endless supply, goaded them on, and then beat them into a pulp, training yourself int he things your Master had shown you the last time you sat at their feet to learn. You thanked the Force you had survived another day, and kept on going as hard as you could so one day you might take all the knowledge your Master had and then end them, putting them six feet under the dirt. You went to the tavern later on in the day, and you drank yourself into a blackout while hanging out with your friends.

...Friends. There was a word he'd not even contemplated in years. These nights, he had only acquaintances and passing relationships. Friends were something he thought long ago he could do without. After all, they were just another weakness, weren't they? Yet somehow he'd managed to become mated to a Dathomiri, and have two daughters in the process. He somehow came to care for his lone apprentice, and had taught entirely too many hopeful Acolytes the ways of the Force that only a handful of Sith and Dark Jedi in this galaxy knew how to weave, and even less had mastered.

...Power. That was something he had in spades. The Force was his plaything at this point. He knew how to command it, to bend it to his will, how to trick it into doing exactly what he wanted, and how he wanted it to happen. He'd once played lawn darts with capital ships, using the city of Theed on Naboo as his target. There was a time he'd once destroyed an unmapped system by causing it's star to implode from inhibiting it's ability to cause nuclear fusion by his sheer force of will. Yet, he couldn't manage to garner anything that even approached respect. And it wasn't that he felt it was due to him. No, only a fool thinks respect is due. He knew that respect was earned, and not a single thing he'd done in his life had ever been worthy of the word. He knew that, and knew it well.

And so, there he was, in the middle of the cooling desert sands as night began to fall, standing there, looking up at the stars above. Why he ever walked down the path he did, he'd never know. If there was a real mystery, that was it. He vaguely recalled his days as a Jedi Knight, back when Jedi outnumbered the Sith 25 to 1. Perhaps he had an affinity for the underdog? Maybe he was just full of teenage angst? Perhaps he thought he was too retrained by the teachings of the Jedi? He'd never figure that out, and he'd come to terms with it out here in the desert. Slinging the black canvas pack from his weary shoulder, he squatted down, and opened it up. From within it, he pulled out a few scraps of firewood. The desert grew cold these nights, the planet so far away from it's twin suns. Laying them down, criss-crossing them, he lit them alight with a few plain, simple stick matches. He still had a long journey to go, and he was not going to fail that. He'd failed in everythign else in his miserable life. But not this. For now, he simply kept warm, resting before he kept on walking.

Coryth Elaris, Kiskla Grayson, Ahani Najwa, Curupira D'arr Hawk, Ashin Varanin, Alen Na'Varro, Salem Norongachi, Kana Truden, Darth Junra, Darth Isolda, Sarge Pottiegier

Tatooine. It was Tatooine. The one planet that Coryth swore up and down she'd never return to. Never. For it had nearly brought her to doom, and death, far too many times. Nearly killing her four times over now. But in her vision it was the planet she had seen. That much she could not deny. The Force was calling her back to that horrid dustball of a planet. Wiping the sweat from her brow, she threw back the covers and walked to her closet, getting dressed slowly. The expression held upon her face could only be considered that of fear. Coryth was afraid, concerned and worried. There were too many things that could go wrong. Too many things that could happen that could bring her to her knees.

"I've faced the darkness before, and I'll do it again." She muttered to herself in a sleep filled daze.

A saber clipped to her belt as she checked through her belongings one last time to ensure she had all she'd need for this journey. Of all the missions she'd gone on, something about this one felt different, vastly more important. A life hung in the balance. One that was in need of a savior, of redemption. And that, that was what drew her back to the landscape of sand and twin suns, rising and falling as steadily as she drew breath.

Redemption. Even she'd been given that chance, that saving grace when she least of all deserved it. Perhaps it was time to repay the Universe for the favor it had granted her so many years past.

It was now that she found herself walking in the hot desert sands, her bare feet leaving an interesting trail behind her as the hot dry air began to cool with the setting of the suns. Time was ticking, ticking, ticking. She needed to find the one. The same one she'd seen in the vision days prior. Her heart was beating so loudly, Coryth swore she could actually hear it thumping against her chest wall. This is not the time for fear Cory, this is the time for strength. He needs it, as do you.

Stretching out her senses she sought the darkness she knew would be found in the tangled strands of the Force. Soon enough, the little redhead found herself draw to a darkened spot in the web of the Force. Immensely powerful, there was no doubt of that. Taking in a deep breath, she changed direction and allowed that mystical power to be her guide.

The landscape was growing darker, and she drew her heavy cloak tighter around her body as the chill started to sink in. It wasn't long before she spotted a flicker of flame, a fire. That had to be it. Quickening her pace, she hurried towards it. Time was running out, she knew it. Somehow she had to help this one.

Reaching out, long before she actually arrived at the fire, she whispered to him.

I mean you no harm. I was guided here, to you. I'd only ask, if I may join you at your fire, share the warmth, and perhaps some conversation as well.

Coryth stopped at the top of the dune, peering down to the fire and man below. She had no desire for a fight, for anything of that nature. The tiny redhead only wished to see why the force had guided her here, to help this one being. There had to be a reason. Either way, she was determined to help him, however she could. Hopefully no altercation would result. With some luck, he might actually just be willing to chat.

[member="Ket Van-Derveld"]

He sat there, as the darkness of night fell over the sand dunes like a familiar blanket, slowly covering all that he could see. The twinkling of the stars above shimmered down at him, each flicker a silent reminder of a life he'd taken. Each grain of sand within his scope of vision felt like a solitary regret he harbored deep with his soul. Sometimes, he wondered if he even had one. Such was the fate of one such as he. Pain, regret, pangs of anger, coated in a shell of guilt. He was so far gone within his own mind, that it took someone as powerful as him to shake him from his own self-induced guilt trip.

I mean you no harm. I was guided here, to you. I'd only ask, if I may join you at your fire, share the warmth, and perhaps some conversation as well.

His head canted to the side, and he looked backward for but a moment. His eyes never made contact, perhaps it was just his way of acknowledging the presence before him. Honestly, He wasn't sure why he did anything anymore; from the words he said to the actions he took. But he could feel no genuine hostility from the presence that approached him slowly. Looking back down to the flickering flames, he extended his arms out fully. The ring finger of each hand contracted, and soon enough, identical saber hilts shot forth from the gauntlets he wore. Quickly, each hand would contact fully as fingers wrapped around the hilts. For a brief, fleeting moment, he held them tightly. Yet, just as quickly, he opened his hands, as the identical hilts fell into the sand below. A sign to she who came closer. No fight would be had this night. No glory was to be had, no honor to be defended. And as they rolled slowly away from him within the sand, his head dropped once more, eyes barely keeping up with the embers that danced and moved all around the small fire that was keeping him warm.

desert_fire_madam2.jpg

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

[member="Ket Van-Derveld"]

Coryth stood frozen, awaiting a reply. The one that came was not quite the one she was expecting. She found herself tensing as he moved, his hands extended before he dropped both sabers to the ground. It was then she found herself drawing in a breath of relief. Darksiders were tough beings, this one immensely powerful which made everything more risky.

Slowly the tiny redhead descended from the peak of the sand dune and walked slowly, one foot in front of the other. Once she reached the other side of the fire, calmly she took a seat. Reaching out her hands, she warmed them against the flames.

A soft sigh came before speaking, "If I may ask, what is it that brings you here?" Coryth didn't ask a name, for a part of her felt that it did not matter so much in this conversation. Who was not as important as why. Why he had come to the lonely desert sands was more important than the few syllables that denoted him different from the human being standing next to him on a crowded street.

"Such a lonely planet, and place. A harsh world. But yet it means something to you, I know that. Or you wouldn't be here. So why this place? Why now? For I feel a pain inside you like no other, an ache. One that is not easily mended." She paused growing quiet, feeling maybe she was talking too much, for she did that sometimes.

"If I'm crossing a line, please ... tell me. I do not wish to offend." She finished quietly before her badly scarred hands reached up, and pulled the hood of her tattered cloak down from her face, revealing soft kind grey eyes, and flaming red hair.

He listened to her words, and he could feel somehow that she meant him no harm this night. Perhaps on another world, in other circumstances,they might be on opposing sides of battle, tearing through one another with reckless abandon. Yet, that was something so far from his mind that it actually startled him to think of it. Still, he sat there as she spoke words of comfort and curiosity to him, his head still hanging low between the raised lapels of his leather coat. The light of the flames danced across his form, the shadows almost forming something demonic. With a long, deep sigh, he raised his head up, his pale blue eyes locking into her own.

"I'm not entirely sure why I've come back to this hellhole of a world. And you do not offend. One wonders what brings another soul into this desolate wasteland. Especially one so much different than my own."

With that, he reached into his inner coat pocket, and produced a small silver case. From within, a hand-rolled cigarette. He leaned dangerously close to the flames, and lit it rather quickly. Sitting back, he braced himself upon his knees once more, taking a long drag, exhaling the white smoke up into the air, the thin tendrils of smoke taking all manner of shape as they dissipated into the night sky.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Ket Van-Derveld"]

The tides of fate ebbed and flowed, sweeping before it the great detritus that was the teeming populations of the galaxy. Where one went and why was as much a matter of choice as it was one of destiny, and more often than not one would find themselves hard pressed to justify their actions. It just felt right. I followed my gut. Whatever drove spurred forward motion, whatever great Force lay behind it all... who actually knew.

Great expanses of sand spread out before him, and around him the dark of the night grew heavy and oppressive. He was in that familiar cloak of shadow he so often wore, secreted away in those most abyssal of shadows that only the night could forge. Gone was the colorless edifice of his boarding armor and in its place was the bright cobalt of the first series of Crusader armor.

Maglocked to his right thighplate was the ubiquitous Protectorate Bolter, upsized to fit into his great gauntlets. He'd been a large, solid man before. The armor upped his size to north of seven feet, and that meant most regular weapons simply wouldn't do. An unarmored person would find his weapon too large to even grip, and frankly, that never ceased to bring a chuckle to his lips.

Said lips, however, were set into a thin line just then, eyes as black as the night he moved through alighting upon the ruddy orange glow of a fire - one near which two people took shelter. A frown creased a face that might once have been handsome had time and hatred not spoiled its once youthful glow. Several months of growth obscured his jawline in thick brown hair which matched the shaggy top of his head.

When he spoke, his raspy, coarse voice carried with it all the weight of a man used to not having to repeat himself. "You don't belong here." His void black eyes were settled on Coryth.

She was not why he was here.

"Considering that this place, this planet has tried to kill me, four, maybe five times now... I've honestly lost count at this point. I do try to forget the horrors that I've encountered thus far in my life." Coryth's eyes drifted, looking into the distance, reminded of more painful times, but quickly pushed those thoughts away.

A few moments passed between them before she spoke again."It crossed my mind a million times to not return. To never step foot in these sands again, but you see I have visions of things to come." The tiny woman sighed softly, for seeing the future was not something she liked to talk about. For she took no pleasure in the things she often saw. Wars, and horrors most could only imagine.

"A few days past I saw myself here, in this place, with you and the fire. With the most distinct impression that you needed me, to help you in some way." In what way she was needed, in what way he needed her help, she was not sure. Coryth only knew that her presence was required to be here by the Force itself, and that was a call she could not ignore.

It was then that Coryth sensed another presence approaching. Cold words spoken, and any other time she might have heeded those words, but the time was not now. Not when the Force's will had guided her hand in being here."If you'll excuse me, friend." She said to the man seated across from her at the fire, "I have a small matter I need to deal with."

Standing up she turned to face Sarge, actually upset, if not slightly angry, that he was interrupting this. There was a reason she was here. "You... do not tell me where I belong or not. The Force guided me here to help, and I will not be interfered with. It is you who will leave this place. And you will leave now." She snarled through gritted teeth. There would be no bargaining with Coryth. For she knew exactly what she was doing. The last thing she was going to allow was for such a delicate and sensitive situation be undone by him.

"This is your first, last and only warning." Not even bothering to touch her saber, for she didn't feel the need. The weapon was worthless to her anyhow. It was only a symbol, for her power did not lay with that weapon. "Now, go." She ordered. Her words more frigid than ice. Her eyes held a threatening fire, she was not to be messed with in this place at this time.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Ket Van-Derveld"]

A mountain of blue metal, hardy as a starship hull and thick through as a tanks skin, shifted faintly as she stood. This was the reaction he'd not anticipated... but certainly one he couldn't say he didn't deserve. He had, for a long while, been a horrid 'friend.' So many thought him dead, and he'd not cared to tell anyone that he wasn't. Sometimes, when you think everything is lost, you simply retreat into yourself.

You need your space alone, to think. To cope. You become immensely selfish, and others get left to hang in the breeze. [member="Coryth Elaris"] had been one such person. Still, she should have known her rage would get her precious little of anywhere with the soldier. Inhaling a slow, deep breath, he settled his emotions within the box he'd constructed for them within his own mind. Thus secure, his brows furrowed in both concern and confusion.

"You have traveled to a place of great pain." He says, as if that was the only explanation she was going to get for his previous remarks. "Warnings will do you no good, Coryth. We both know that." A hand rose to almost dismissively wave his fingers, as if she need settle and return to her seat. Their height difference couldn't be more pronounced than it was in that instant.

"She is the healer, as I am the warrior." Black eyes settle on [member="Ket Van-Derveld"]. "There is more than one way to solve a problem, and there is a reason more than one of us was called here by the great Trade Winds of the Galaxy." There was a deep, philosophical bend to his bearing and posture that hadn't been there at any point in his past. A new adaption, likely related to the great hood that rose above his head. It was not of cloth, but metal, and great cables linked it with the battery pack on his back.

It crackled with Force energy.

"I will go nowhere until such a time as I know why I have been summoned." Through it all, his tone remained dispassionate, before his gaze shifts back to Coryth then up briefly towards the stars. Perhaps, if he stared long enough, an answer would plummet from the depths of the void. Slowly, he cast his attention upon her once more.

"It is a pleasure to see some fire within you." If she were going to press this, however, this wasn't going to end well for any involved.

Fire within could easily become fire without.

He gave a silent prayer that bolter fire would not become involved. "So, traveler. What is it that draws a healer and a killer here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom