Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When bonds are created

The Jedi temple on Ossus
Dantooine_conclave.jpg
The Temple corridors were beginning to feel more vibrant as of late. It brought hope to the many scarred warriors who had remained despite the great bleeding of jedi recent times had carried with it. Perhaps it was the tide of time that constantly shifted. some called it a common trend. But Mantic took it for a sign of true hope.
The galaxy was far from peace but at least there was a chance for it if the force users could be brought together. History had taught them that much. Only when the jedi had been assembled under one order peace and prosperity had reign. Not before and not after. so for Mantic each new padawan who chose to come here was a hero in him or herself.
Because it meant to sacrifice ones owns desires - to a certain extent at least.

He came to a halt in front of a study room. The energy window showed the back of a man reading something in front of him. Mantic figured that he must be studying and for a moment he pondered about leaving and return another day. But then, his question to [member="Aston Jacobs"] was a priority at this time.

He pressed the display on the side of the door and it flew open. Mantic took a step inside the room.

"Padawan [member="Aston Jacobs"] - I am knight Dorn. May I have a minute with you?"

Reading, that was one thing in particular that Aston Jacobs fully enjoyed and he like to do. Before he left the Jedi Order and went on the journey he could be found sitting in the Jedi Libraries for hours on end reading up everything that he could from Jedi Lore to the History of the Jedi Order even the Galactic Republic. While reading was one thing, actually doing the things that were being read was something else entirely. Aston had longed to expand his mind and grow to be the person that he had felt that he always should be. And yet sometimes even that was shrouded from his sight. A silver blanket that was placed over him blocking out everything. With his return he hoped that would change and he come become who he was always meant to be. Aston adjusted himself in the seat for a moment, the study room itself he had been in for a long while.

Aston turned the page on his book in regards to the lightsaber forms, in particular the form of Soresu which he had grown a fond attraction too. The Ultimate defense as he had heard from multiple sources....

Aston turned around and look up to see a Jedi Knight at the entryway wanting to speak with him. "Yes of course, Master Dorn." Aston was curious as he set the book down and left his seat following the Jedi out.

"Is...everything alright?" Aston has hesitantly and curiously.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Having taken the youngling from his studies they strolled down the grand hallways of the temple.

tumblr_n5feto4iAP1s6w6foo1_1280.jpg

Mantic walked beside [member="Aston Jacobs"] for a while without speaking until they reached the great balustrade overlooking the temple entrances. then he slowed down and turned to him.

"[member="Aston Jacobs"] - you have been found suited for training by the jedi order and you have passed the initial trials. I have been chosen to approach you regarding your future training to become a jedi knight. But before this can be decided upon we both need to know what we are agreeing to." Mantic placed his hands in his sleeves observing the younger man, searching for any signs his expression might give off.

"I am not here to offer a life of glory and riches. something I hope you are aware off. If you commit to become my padawan, only hard training and a life of servitude to something greater then us both will be your ultimate goal."

"Tell me. Are you truly certain of your choice to join the jedi order?"

Mantic was direct and to the point. He often was.

As he spoke Aston listened attentively, while he was here and passed the initial trials this was the point at which there was no return. Also the point that he was waiting for in his life to begin that next stage in his journey. "Of course Master Dorn. Trust me I understand fully what this would mean. I know that life isn't about riches and glory." Aston chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Well, for some it is. But that isn't what I am seeking. I wish to aid those that fight the eternal fight that has been going on for more than a thousand years."

"I understand full well, and it would be an honor to be trained by you.I will serve the lightside of the force, first and foremost. That is something I can guarantee you." Aston smile as he glanced around towards the temple entrance and every else in general. This was a place of learning and goodness, and the strength, dedication to continue on.

"I am ready, Master Dorn."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic nodded as [member="Aston Jacobs"] explained his position on entering the role as padawan. As he finished the knight placed a heavy hand on his shoulder and looked with intense eyes at him trying to catch Antons gaze and still it from traversing the room.

"Then you must swear to pay attention to my teachings at all times, heed my instructions and commands as it is necessary for any padawan to allow his master to decide on many things regarding ones life." Mantic let go of his shoulder but remained his fixed gaze.

"The force is a powerful ally, but it also offers temptations that are hard to resist. As a padawan you will learn to wield the force and gain insights on its true nature. But until I say that you are ready to go on your own you must accept to heed this rule, for your own safety and for those around you."

Aston eyes didn't sway away when he felt the hand on his shoulder. He took it in like a vote of confidence, something that Aston would not throw away lightly. Not that he would do that at all. He could see it in his eyes and Aston wasn't going to let him down.

"I will Master Dorn, I will follow your rules and trust in your teachings. I know that words can only mean so little, but I will show you through my actions." Aston showed a small smile and nodded to his Master.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic could sense both an eagerness and a seriousness invoked in the man. They did not know each other well now, but they were about to begin a journey together that would leave marks on both their lives.

"Then I swear to teach you to the best of my ability and guide you through the words of the jedi code and beyond."
It was no grand ceremony. But the meaning was just as important. Mantic inclined his head to indicate that he had accepted his new padawan.

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

Aston bowed his head as [member="Mantic Dorn"] had vowed to teach him and instruct him in the ways of the force, essentially taking him on to be his Padawan.

"Thank you, Master Dorn." Aston said as he stuck his hand out to shake that of his Masters. "Your trust will not be misplaced."

Aston chuckled lightly as he glanced around for a moment. Before his gaze returned to his Masters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom