Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's with Windu?

I never understood why a lot of people seem to think that Mace Windu was one of the most powerful Jedi. I believe that the fight between him and the Emperor was the weakest of all the movies, and it just seemed like both actors were poor swordsmen. Just so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MXkiLIFuY

And compare it to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

Every movement in the first video seems a lot more awkward and less fluid to me, and it all seems to be disjointed and slowed down. Also, I know it's not related to the swordplay in any way, but all the teeth-baring just looks stupid. Then there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzdMyqZsJ2k

(Skip to 0:49)

Apart from when he causes his lightsaber to fly into his hand (which Luke did before he actually had any training) in the above scene, I don't believe that Windu uses the force once. So, can somebody explain to me why he has this reputation for being extremely powerful? Is there some comic book in which he blows up a planet or something? I am genuinely interested in this; it's a question I've always wanted to ask.

[member="Melakoth Tyrin"]
There's a scene in the show in which Windu easily force-pushes well over five-hundred, maybe even a thousand or two thousand, droids.

He also took on a droid army alone using only his fists and the force.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
If one of the most powerful Jedi Masters ever seems less powerful than you think he should be...

...maybe you should adjust your expectations of what very powerful Forcers can do.

I dislike that fight in the movie because even Ian McDiarmid said that he was uncomfortable when wielding the lightsaber prop, and he comes across as awkward when he's just as Palpatine with a lightsaber.

Now when he's in makeup as Sidious, and they use CGI for his duel with Yoda, then it's better.

But still.

Novel fight > Movie fight

Just the fact that Palpantine had to revert to his actual form to give himself enough energy to blast Windu is enough. But that wasn't the best fight in the series, at all. Really not the greatest fencers, anyway.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Shule Windspeaker said:
If one of the most powerful Jedi Masters ever seems less powerful than you think he should be...

...maybe you should adjust your expectations of what very powerful Forcers can do.
All of this.

He's considered powerful because they gave him some retardedly over the top fight scenes in the books and shows.

It's hard to compare the duels between the prequels and the sequels anyway. The fight scenes in the prequels are so sterile and emotionless that even the less well-choreographed fights in the originals completely blow them out of the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom