Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the Weather like Down There?

[SIZE=11pt]Just the way things went, Lirka fought, she killed, and she was violently hit back: though in this case it was more crushed under who knows how many tons of rock. Not like that kept her down long though, it did mean that she was now stuck with downtime after getting out of the medbay. Again. For probably the twentieth time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Though rather than wander the streets of Golbah City, smack some of the rabble, and get blackout drunk again she held an actual destination in her this time around. The Knights Obsidian headquarters, and some sort of Geonosis Dockyards more importantly. A small little runt had gained her attention in ways that weren’t “beat them till they stop moving” and she had every intent to pursue these more outlandish and “peaceful” interests.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Some “ship” was her target, though finding it wasn’t terribly challenging. Only a handful of those people particularly down on there luck even suck that low, Lirka was one of those people a handful of times: but what [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]hadn’t[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Lirka done (there were too many things she hadn’t done, the list would cause even the most patient of souls to fall asleep.). Marching her way along through the Docks with the falls of her heavy boots (and the slight limp from where she had been somewhat crushed by a boulder) she made her way outside the fighter. Planting her feet in the ground and making sure the small small Lupine inside would hear her: and probably everyone in a mile radius:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Jhorti Kas! I have come to take you up on your offer!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Lirka wasn’t good at being quiet. Well, when she was good at it, it was not a good thing.[/SIZE]

[member="Alwine Lechner"]

Alwine had been comfortable sitting in the ship that was the Lechner home, viewing the stack of paperwork that was in front of her. Adjutant of Stewjon, her work didn't end when she was away from the planet hat had once been her home and now was her greatest challenge to not outright destroy. Her concentration was sharply focused though, and quickly enough she began to work through them, reading faster than she had before, able to jot down notes on her own without needing the droid. It was just slightly slower than actually using a droid, but it was progress, at last. She almost felt normal.

Which, of course, meant that she was not going to finish what she'd been working on. The screams and stomps from outside would have been easy to hear even had Alwine not been a Lupine, a species that came with metahuman sensitive hearing.

"Jatha'la rewt uss," the Lupine half growled as she walked out of her ship, glad in every-day clothes. She crossed her arms across her chest and looked the brute of a woman down. Well, up, because height differences, but it was definetly a down look. "Why are you stomping around screaming like that? You could have called. By the gods, what if I was not here even?"

And then just as quickly, Alwine's stern face turned into a smile. "Come in, if you can fit through the door."

[member="Lirka Ka"]

Lirka was quite the mess, while usually the Sephi had herself clad in her full body armor. She only managed maybe 50 percent of the suit this time around, a hodgepodged mixture of battle armor, undersuit, and bandages. Quite the adventure it was, getting buried under rubble. Wearing what armor the medics let her get away with wearing, the boots obviously still sticking around with how much noise she made.

A Bacta Patch was pressed down against her head, seemed like the Sephi always seemed to get some sort of a head wound. Maybe that explained it…

“Asked the dockhands. Now besides, if I make enough noise that seems a fine enough way to check.”

It was a cheeky grin on the Sephi’s face, she just knew she’d always make a fair bit of noise. Happening when she wore battle armor everywhere: quite heavy battle armor at that.

“And if you weren’t then I check again later. And doubt that door is very hard to open.”

No door was too hard for Lirka to open. Be it by Klaive or brute force. Though seemed like it would make for a good chuckle if she had gone that route.

Lirka moved her way inside, ducking her heavy ever so slightly when she walked inside. Not a very alien friendly ship, she had decided.

“How humble, Jhorti Kas.”

Lirka chuckled, those icy blue eyes scanning around the ship. More of a home than she than she ever had, troop carrier to troop carrier, motel to motel, always temporary.

"If you break this ship's door, rendering it unable to travel outside of planetary atmosphere, you had better be prepared to fork over the credits required for a good repair," Alwine replied coldly. No. To have the ship damaged, even it if mostly remained docked on Geonosis, would not be a good way to go about it all. It simply would not do.

Motioning for the large woman to take a seat on the sofa, Alwine disappeared briefly only to return with a tray of bandages and bacta spray, as well as some drinks and a few finger foods.

"Half an armor is double the stupidity," she noted as she sat down by the elf, carefully removing some of the bandages from her, curious to see what was hiding underneath, "and you look like you have not seen a professional medic. Are you trying to get yourself killed? I have heard that there are wards given post-mortem to those who die of stupid causes. You seem like a good candidate for that, rewtta."

[member="Lirka Ka"]

The Sephi let out another chuckle at just how serious she was, reminded Lirka of herself: before she joined the Confederacy at least. No nonsense mercenary that busted heads for cheap, not the best existence.

[SIZE=11pt]But the Sephi did sit down, getting herself comfortable. Not quite the dainty Princess of old, and giving off quite the different energy now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Bah, I’m fine Jhorti Kas.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Most of her wounds seemed to be gashes and some burns, always quite the adventures when killing things for the Confederacy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I left the medbay they usually stick me at, I’m fine. They patched me up well enough for me to walk and that’s that: let’s call the half armor a fashion statement.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Another grin from the woman, truthfully it came to simply that she didn’t like wearing just the basic clothes they gave up after the medical visits: too exposed, even half armor was some protection.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Jhorti Kas, you wound me. You think something like this could kill me? The Galaxy will need to throw something much bigger to do that. For you see, I don’t run away.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It was a half-hearted attempt at a jest, seemed only right to try.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Alwine Lechner"][/SIZE]

"You are not fine, fatty," Alwine replied as a matter of fact, "should I bring you a mirror to see how not fine you are?"

Fashion statement. Bah.

"While I doubt someone else would have an easy time killing you," she responded to that last statement, "I very much believe you will end up killing yourself due to your own stupidity. Running is an art; you need to know when to do it, and when to stay put. You may make fun of me for running from you, but I am alive and unwounded, whereas you look like a failed science project right now."

Alwine was no healer; not through the Force and not a medic. But she knew how to clean wounds and set bandages; that part, at least, was simple enough even for someone like her.

"Why are you here, rewt uss?" she asked as she began to treat some of the wounds with the bacta spray before covering them with the bandages, "I mean, why today? Why now?"

[member="Lirka Ka"]

Ka rolled her eyes, those sharp dots of icy blue in a tattooed face of pale skin now riddled with scars from her service to the Confederacy. How she hadn’t been blinded yet was a mystery.

[SIZE=11pt]“I am indeed [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]fine[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], my bones aren’t broken and the pain is minimal. And come now, Jhorti Kas, I know I’m not that much of a looker but how cruel to put me under the mirror.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well. She could at least do sarcasm.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Running is an art, I have run before. You can’t learn if you run: if you can’t conquer a challenge laid before you then you will never be able to grow. Or bask in the glory of such a kill. There is nothing to fear from pain. Why bother with keeping skin all smooth and clean? The scars tell stories. Of battles, treachery, duels, and everything in between. It’s art, in the most primal sense of the word.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Of course, a Sephi went off about how artistic something was. Always so obsessive, even when so far removed from home. But Ka, of course flick it to the less serious part not long after.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Besides, if I ever find you at the end of my blade, Jhorti Kas, I’d much rather be looking at your face rather than your Eir.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Though despite her earlier protests, she allowed the small woman to clean her wounds. Half out of a nostalgic feeling from the Choah Pits, and half because she’d likely break if she moved her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“It’s simple. I’m not allowed to fight, and I’m not armored enough to go drink.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Some, interesting, priorities to say the least.[/SIZE]

"Yes, life is cruel," Alwine responded with a nod. She had not brought a mirror yet; but the elf's jab at looking at herself was more than enough to let on that she was not a fan of her external appearances. It was silly, of course. While Alwine could agree that she was not someone who would appear on the cover of magazines that appeared to be so popular in the Core, Lirka's appearances would have opened the door for heron Stewjon, enabled her to try out for the Shield Maidens. It was something that Alwine could easy envy, though she found herself caring slightly less over the matter with time.

"I do not care about keeping your skin smooth and clean, stupid," she retorted back, "I care about letting it heal properly, not getting infected, and not limitation your range of motions. If every time you swung that heavy sword of yours, another wound re-opened, you would be worse off than you began. Do not try to argue with this logic, you will lose."

Finishing up, Alwine set aside the tools she'd used, and the unused bandages.

"You do not need armor to drink," she sighed as she stood up and walked to the kitchen. A moment later she returned with a large mug of beer. "Here, drink this. I am personally not a beer lover, but my brothers claim it is good."

Sitting down next to the elf, Alwine crossed her arms across her chest and looked at her. "So how did you end up like this?"

[member="Lirka Ka"]

[SIZE=11pt]Lirka was a strange woman in her mannerisms, as two faced as the stereotypical shapeshifter. Flipping off what to show and what to show depending on the situation, savage warrior, ruthless executioner, or in this case: cripplingly sarcastic and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]normal [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt](as normal a woman like Lirka could manage).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But there was a soft chuckle from the woman.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I’m being sarcastic, Jhorti Kas. But these wounds do not scare me, I have suffered worse and have survived worse. And look at me now. But I must correct you, my Klaive is not that heavy.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A grin pierced the cold visage of Lirka’s face, a small thing. Because in the spirit of honesty, who would ever expect Lirka to properly smile?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“We must not drink in the same places.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And she left it at that, giving her a nod of appreciation for the booze. Though she didn’t really care what it was so long as it was booze, guzzle away any problems she was having. Perfect fix all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Simple. We were tasked with destroying a rogue droid foundry, I realized my guards and I would never make it out so I sent them off and I stayed behind. Dug my way out of the cave in.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Rather nonchalant about the whole thing.[/SIZE]

"Droid factory?" Alwine asked, eyes narrowing. She'd dealt with droids not too long ago as well; she and Gerwald had arrived on Triffis to see something called pod races.

Alwine was having the time of her life that day, eyes wide open, looking at so many things she was seeing for the first time, eating things she had never tasted before. She'd felt almost like a small child ought to feel in such an instance, even though she was somewhat older. Her brother had reacted much the same. It could have been a perfect day had it not been for the stupid droids that had decided to go rabid and try to kill everyone in sight.

"Are you referring to Triffis?" she asked as she looked at the fat elf, "I was there too, with my brother."

[member="Lirka Ka"]

Lirka was far less enraptured by the happenings on Triffis, all she truly had wanted was that small bit of time where she could just go and relax. It was, of course, far from such an event and instead Lirka had danced with death once more on that worthless rock.

"Yes, that one. It seemed a gross many members of the Confederacy ended up there."

Lirka, of course, neglected to say how she forced civilians to pick up weapons as to hold off the droids for the escape of many of the bystanders. Such was the way the Sephi worked.

"Of course they did," Alwine said with a smile, "have you not noticed how there are always enough Confederates around when something on a big scale goes horribly wrong? We are either very lucky, very unfortunate, or there is someone trying to kill us for the sin of being Confederates."

Taking a sip of her own beer, Alwine relaxed into the back of the couch, still looking the large woman over for a potential concussion and more hidden injuries.

"I was on the ground, with my brother and several more. We were trying to keep civilians safe and-" and only now Alwine blinked, realizing something, "and I do not even know how successful we were," she admitted, "I never thought to look at the reports."

[member="Lirka Ka"]

[SIZE=11pt]“Like a horde.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Lirka only really showed up for those gatherings, even if she had become more and more “open” with the rest of the Confederacy there still was that slight air of eniginity about the Sephi: she had disappeared for almost a month before, and would easily do it again. Such a meeting like this? Painfully rare.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Had I not known better I’d smack you, Jhorti Kas. I’m fine. The wounds are nothing.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A hardy laugh came out of the beast of a woman, though an aura of seriousness returned to her rather fast.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Si taraer shyr varaes vel jhoji tyrdas sal mali saestaelaer, kill the threat and save the masses. Few of them realized that fact, discarded weapons laid high enough to form a defense. They realized it with encouragement.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And there was the civillian battleforce she made.[/SIZE]

"I do not understand what you mean to say," Alwine admitted.

It was… Confusing. Word for word, she understood their meanings. There were no high words the gargantuan woman was using, no words that Alwine had to look up in a dictionary. Yet strung together like that and following the flow or lack thereof of the conversation, she could not comment about the content. What was the knife-ears trying to say?

"Perhaps you should begin at the beginning?" the Lupine offered.

[member="Lirka Ka"]

"It means people are cowards and they didn't realize they could mount a defense against the droids without my encouragement."

Cold. But usually that was how she seemed to roll: the occasional crippling logic, ruthless efficiency, and totally illogical rage. Maybe to some extent she held a bit of realization that forming her little civilian army was wrong (to the rest of the Galaxy at least) and that lead to her old people speak, but sometimes just plain transparency worked better.

"And what good is an organic defense when your enemies are droids that have gone sour?" Alwine asked with a little smile, "they could not hope to mount anything that would last. We are organics. We require sleep and rest. Droids, do not. But you know this already."

Alwine sighed. That had been but part of the problem. She remembered, being so excited and happy about being in a new place, seeing pod racing for the first time in her short life.

"That is why we were to be on the offense. Take as many of them down as we possible could."

[member="Lirka Ka"]

“It did not need to last. It’s the idea of sacrificing some for the many, the droids could not advance. And more time was given for those who fled.”

[SIZE=11pt]How bizarrely selfless and utterly selfish all the same, throwing lives into the fire to save more. Such was the way Ka worked it seemed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“There’s times when hopeless defense is good before the offensive.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And with a swirl Lirka downed more of her drink. Fine stuff.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom