Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Would Your Character Do? (Discussion and Light RP.)

Tonight, you're character is on the street. They may be coming back from work, going to work. They may have had a bad day, a good day, or a same old, same thing. Upon the crossing of a single building one of the many homeless of the world your character is currently on holds out ten credits, urging you to take it.

On his sign written in a black mechanical text is "No One Ever Became Poor, By Giving To Others"

What does your character do, if anything?

-----------------------------------------------------

After watching a few social experiments on YouTube, I became interested to see what the characters of Chaos would do in a similar situation. Watch out, you may be recorded for the Holonet!

Jacota Fiik

This just isn't my day...
Well assuming this happens before Jacota was captured and enslaved, he would likely have instead given the homeless person some credits and INSISTED he take it and keep the credits he was offering and if not then he would offer to get him a meal. In that time, he had a good job and was living quite comfortably so he didn't need the money and he came from a childhood of poverty so anyone in need he is pretty much instantly sympathetic to. He would likely advise him never to take money from a Hutt, though.

Now? He'd probably do what he could with what he has - which is nothing - but he still wouldn't accept it. He has a bit of a stigma against taking money he hasn't earned after his family's debt problem. He also has trust issues involving money. He'll give it out like it was growing on trees, but he is pretty suspicious of people who would do the same to him. Possibly because of his family's screw ups with Cartel loans or possibly from some inferiority complex. A sort of "but why ME?" deal.

Though Jacota is brand new (only three IC posts so far) so this could all change. This in no way means that he's some saint, though. He just knows what it's like to have nothing, but still be expected to give.

James would accept the ten credits--and take the man into his local pub. Then, in order:

1) Buy him a few drinks, get him buzzed

2) Find out his skill set. Hear his story. Befriend him.

3) Offer him a job at Justice Shipping if he could. If not, he'd find him one using connections.

4) Slip a high digit cred in his pocket and one of his business cards as they parted ways.

[member="James Justice"]
I imagine the problem with this is that in metropolitan areas in SW, there would be a significant population of homeless people. So, what would James do about every other homeless individual he comes across? There's only so many people you can hire before your own pockets start becoming dry

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate..

@La'kuus Quelin

Well, that's not really how businesses work..

But aye, I understand this is a special scenario, a man that you'd notice more than others, I'm just curious how James would treat other homeless, considering how far out of the way he goes for this one

[member="Julian Solo"]

That is actually how he rolls..... He has an ongoing "Social Reform" system goes like this:

1) Recruit from the outer rim the poor and needy

2) Train them

3) Make them into guards/soldiers/army men paying them what for them is a fortune, for James is minimum wage.

4) Break the cycle of piracy and poverty thus. ;)

@La'kuus Quelin

This chick speaks my language!!! :D

Well...

Vinatia would tell him to Buzz off in a disgusted voice. It might be vital for her to get to know the denizens, but it doesn't mean she has to get her hands dirty. And, eesh, who'd want to touch a homeless guy?

Semziru would insist the guy keeps the credits, and instead would bring him along to buy a burger. Sem's nice like that. And who can go wrong with a burger?

Kerstas would either ignore him or offer some withering and, in her mind, rather clever retort.

Terys would sit down and just kinda talk with him for a bit.

Bennie? Dunno. Probably buy him some nicer clothes.

Yawei doesn't like touchy feely scenes, so she'd probably just give the guy some credits instead and be on her way.

Roshki would take the credits, feel bad, return them, and then try to convince the guy to get a drink with her. Even though she's of legal age she's yet to actually drink :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom