Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Actual Kark

Nyxie

【夢狐】
  • Short Description: Well... there's no other way to put this lightly, but when I Google one of my lightsabers, it redirects me to an "adult friend finder" site. -_-"
  • Browser: Chrome (latest)
  • Severity: Google Search Listing
  • Description: I mean, what more is there to say? I Google "starwarsrp.net Truth Sin" and when I click the respective link, boom, tits and sex service ads.
  • Screenshots: I DONT THINK YOU WANT THIS
  • Link to Thread: I DON'T THINK YOU WANT THAT ONE EITHER

If you must, MUST, see the thread in question, Google it yourself. I'm fairly sure the issue is circumvented when using a direct link from this site (i.e. my bio).

Edit: It's hit or miss, it seems. It has stopped doing it now. It's definitely not a web hijacker, as I keep my computer clean, antivirus monitored and have checked in my admin panel. And this literally. Never. Happens on anything else.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
[member="DarthDraven Lord of Draven"]

It's something that Chaos is suffering unfortunately.

Until our Staff members find a way to solve this problem, I suggest copy-pasting the link to your address bar, this solves the problem :)

[member="DarthDraven Lord of Draven"]

Happens to me now and then.

What I do is i stare at the URL address bar hard and if it changes the "starwarsrp.net" then i instantly open and new tab and close the previous and start over. usually only happens to me once a day

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Thought to give a small update on this, that it has done it to two other threads as well now and it shows the proper page title but the url becomes a redirect link, so you guys were right, this is an issue with the site on the search engine(s). The other two threads were my bio for Kass Sja and BlasTech's power cell submission.

I know nagging you guys isn't going to help you fix the problem any sooner so I'm not doing that but it is a really, really big issue, because a lot of minors visit this site as much as adults, and that adult content is no bueno, so I would recommend reporting it to Google (and Bing if the issue is there too, though it seems to be strictly through Google) as they are able to investigate as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom