Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What Remains in the Ruin

Mandalore
Mining Sector

The sound of drilling filled the air, other than that there was only silence. It had been months since The Empire invaded Mandalore and burned its cities to ash, slaughtered most of its people and took it for their own gain; since then, well it was relatively abandon. Other than the workers sent to its surface and Imperial guard stationed to keep watch, the remaining civilians either pledged their allegiance to their conquerors or met a swift end.

Those pleading for their lives most commonly found themselves in the strip mines The Empire had littered the planet with, forced to work long hours in insufferable conditions to begin gathering the coveted metal of Mandalores depths. It was for that reason Darth Morrow found herself on the ruined world.

An Imperial shuttle came to a halt at the north end of the Mining Sector, its landing gear extending and it found rest just on the surface with its claws digging into the soft ground for stability. With the ramp extending down the passengers slowly descended to the ground below; two Royal Imperial Guards and a woman slightly dwarfed in comparison though still reeking of terror and violence. It was only as she began to approach the site that it became truly clear who the woman was, as soldiers bowed before her in passing and a few mumbling words of reverence.

Approaching the edge of the chasm and glancing over a man rushed towards her turned back, dressed in nothing but rags and his bare feet digging through the dirt. Only seconds later was a shiv pressed into her lower back, a silenced grunt of pain escaping her. Turning, red eyes glanced over the man with his clean shiv in hand, no sign of blood on the pitiful metal tool. Blasters of every direction pointed at the peasant before the object of his assault melted to a texture of gallium in his grasp.

The metal lengthened and stretched to be a fine needle, ripping from his hands and floating just before Morrow, her eyes not leaving the terrified man.

"That was a bad life choice, anything to say for your transgressions?"

A near silent apology began to leave his lips before the metal shard lodged itself through the mans skull, his body slumping to the side in the span of a second and left to the ground to rot. Dusting off her jacket Morrow glanced to the small crowd of workers staring up at the event, her eyes dulling to a faint green hue once more.

"I'd recommend someone find me who's in charge of this operation immediately, I've come to check on progress."

[member="Cara Dorniarn"]

Data. All the varied strings of information were in the process of being archived in the logs of her datapad, typed out in rapid fashion as the cybernetic hands blurred over the icons. Two copies were transcribed as usual; One for the Empire and the other for herself.

She despised beskar, personally. For all its praise it was still a symbol of its people, stubborn and inflexible. It was what refuse left on this barren waste was prying from the rock below. Of course those who slaved in the mines were not true Mandalorians, not anymore. A real idiot Mando would have fought to the last breath; for useless pride and their culture which they claimed to have, the idea that lead them to flaunt their supposed superiority. She banned the use of Mando'a among the workers, a petty rule that allowed her the satisfaction of punishing a careless tongue. It wasn't death as punishment, that was too honorable and might be welcomed. But ah, a water ration or two? Perhaps some food packs? The best control over a broken people is through the most basic of necessities.

The undulating thrum of the Imperial shuttle snaps Cara from her work and she rises from her seat to glance out the window. Though far away, she catches a glimpse of the royal guardsmen and their charge.

"Of all the days-- My goodness," She watches the scene unfold; a ratty clothed worker getting close to the powerful Sith, newly wedded to the Emperor. She watches the man back away then his head sharply tilt.

"So much for first impressions." The pale woman exits down the stairs of the mining office and strides over to the Sith Lord.

"I'd recommend someone find me who's in charge of this operation immediately, I've come to check on progress."

"Darth Morrow," Cara bends down to a knee. Her arms softly whir as one props against her leg and the other raises a datapad for the esteemed lady, "Your presence here is an honor this planet does not deserve. I apologize for the disruption of that vermin. Sometimes they recall their violent pasts and attempt to relive them-- in vain, of course."

[member="Darth Morrow"]

"Sometimes, it may be difficult for those to adjust to a new life. Though perhaps in time, with enough examples we will find some use of the scum."

The woman reached to accept the pad, the darkened hole in her armor slowly melding itself over as the metal warped and filled in its small gap. Green eye peered over the cybernetic mash before her before scanning to the data. Another glance stole to the mines before back to the pad.

"How did you earn this meager position of authority on this planet?" The sudden prod came as the device was returned to her hand, a motion following to beckon Cara's stand.

"And where did you learn your manners."

Darkened eyes stared over Cara as Morrow stepped about her while the other began to stand. There was something about the woman that intrigued her deeply, a calling, a sense of something lurking farther that she needed to explore. It wasn't often she had premonitions of virtue, usually they were wild, uncontrollable and meaningless visions; though this was something entirely different.

Fire burned at the feet of the woman before her in her eyes, men and woman screamed for mercy. So much death, yet so controlled, held at bay by her patient hand. The flames reflected in her gaze as she passed the woman, stopping in front of her with a quiet word.

"You are no mere overseer. Who are you."

[member="Cara Dorniarn"]

At the woman's behest Cara rises to her feet. Even with back straight and head raised the six foot engineer finds herself having to look up to address the visitor.

"How did you earn this meager position of authority on this planet?"

After a slight tilt of her head she gives an honest answer, "I requested this position personally, my Lady."

"And where did you learn your manners."

"Due to heritage this appearance belies my true age and so my experience. I am little past my sixth decade of life. If anything, the presence of one so esteemed as yourself," She passed a glance to the deceased man behind the Sith, "should prompt a behavior of respect." She steeled her countenance as Darth Morrow walked about, feeling the powerful woman's gaze examining her. What did she see? How deep could she peer? Cara uprooted those thoughts as soon as they bloomed, crushing them within a mental grasp. They were not worth allowing to grow. If the Lady sees all, what could Cara do about it? So she stood in calmed silence, awaiting verdict.

"You are no mere overseer. Who are you."

With a short breath she gives a small bow, metallic clicking following the movement of her right hand to her chest, "Dorniarn, engineer from Bakura in the Unknown Regions. Cara is my born name. Admittedly, my Lady, I am of the Brotherhood but have remained as a Knight for an extended time due to dedications with research." She returns her hand to her side. It wasn't quite your standard Sith greeting, but it's doubtful this one has spent ample time near others within the faction--at least, those who follow its strict tenets.

Beyond the mining office sits a freighter with one wing obscured in canvas. The dust of Mandalore have all but submerged the fifty meter long KR-TB Doomtreader, the canvas coughing up its portion of dirt with every strong gust.

[member="Darth Morrow"]

"Well, Cara Dorniarn-" The woman paced around once more, her eyes focused on the half cybernetic woman before her. Hands clasped behind her back as she paced around like a predator studying its prey, her cape billowing with every soft breeze. "I believe I've found a better purpose for you than a mining overseer."

Morrow stopped when she was out of view of Cara, eyes digging into the back of her head as the woman studied her form.

"You have a destiny yet to be fulfilled. A purpose in Lord Carnifex's Empire you have yet to take the role of. Hate burns inside of you, rage and disgust. I wish to further teach you to harness it; so you may help further my husbands goals, perhaps further your own as well, as I see the hunger lurking in your soul."

Stepping around the womans eye burned with life of molten rock, her hands crossed over her chest as she waited, studying her every movement. Any idle thought unkempt.

"I wish for you to become one of my apprentices, and should you accept-" Morrow took a step closer, looming over the knight yet still giving her a brief bit of space. "I can grant you that power you so desire."

[member="Cara Dorniarn"]

"I can grant you that power you so desire."

Desire surged through her like an electric current. This was it, a dream that Cara could only allow play in the wee hours of the night when work started to slow and thoughts began to wander. It was a fantasy to expect such an offer yet here it stood, hovering over her with eyes of fire and the keys to domination.

She steadied herself, drawing in a reserved breath, "Only a fool would turn away your favor," she tips her head downward in reverence, "I am yours to instruct."

The Lady of the Sith was correct about Cara. The rage and disgust and hunger within twisted and coiled together like a chimera; a threefold beast awaiting its time of vengeance and satisfaction. How deceptive was her compliant countenance and unassuming presence as an engineer. Patience has been her most prominent weapon, now proving itself her most valuable. Cara fought back the smile she wished to gleam, now keeping herself moored to Darth Morrow's gaze.

"Shall I make arrangements for one to take this current station, my Lady?"

[member="Darth Morrow"]

"You have a weeks time to gather your belongings and meet me on Iridonia, assuming your transport still functions." The woman stole a glance to the partially covered ship, then to her guards as she motioned them to a storage building along the outside of the strip mine. Briefly they departed their watch, for what could only be guessed as bringing a shipment of beskar along with her departure.

"There I will train you, along with my other apprentices, I will offer you more suitable housing for your stay unlike this dreary disgusting planet, and you'll train till you drop for the power I see you crave. Perhaps then, I will grant you other things I know you desire, and will help you along with your goals and serving the empire." The woman turned, surveying the small growing crowd of workers once more.

"Should any of you cause issue before her departure, you will be splayed on a pike before your peers; only after you are punished for interfering with the goals of an Empresses apprentice." A few faces skittishly melted back into the crowd before she turned towards her ship to see her guards carrying a crate between them with minor difficulty.

"I will send a replacement to this operation once you are ready to depart, simply focus on gathering what you need and meeting me at your new home. I have high expectations of you apprentice, I should hope you will live up to them." Without turning to glance at her, she made way to her ship, boarded and the transport left as quickly as it had arrived.

Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn

Last edited:
Cara watched as her new master entered the shuttle and left the atmosphere. Her smile finally revealed itself for a victorious moment. But celebration was cut short as she turned to the workers. One hand behind her back she pointed the other to the mines. The workers understood and dispersed, returning to their labor. Cara returned to the office, running a hand over the desk where she had poured over countless maps and texts. The identity of the Mandalorian raiders from long ago was still a mystery; the location of where they and her wife may be remained unknown. The planet had given her nothing, but now the waiting was over. She had been close to leaving Mandalore to search elsewhere, frustrated with the deadends it lead to. Now her time spent here was rewarded. It was time to go.

--- --- --- --- ---

The dark cerulean KR-TB Doomtreader howled as it touched down on Iridonian soil. Christened Azure Star, the ship starkly contrasted the arid environment, a true visual oasis amidst the sea of browns. At least the dry atmosphere would be good for her cybernetics. Even with its heat and acid pools, Iridonia was better than Mandalore. Here existed paths to knowledge and power, both of which Cara yearned to exploit in secret.

She exited the freighter which served as home and workshop, making certain to close and secure it after her departure. The library loomed in the distance, the point which Cara was drawn to. Still heavily unfamiliar with this region, she kept her wits sharp and her armor fastened. Only her helmet was omitted from her load out; the black mirror was sorely missed. Her olive cloak hung over her left shoulder, the harness for a seeker droid fastened to it. Coming upon the entrance of the library she paused; from there she would no longer be free to do as she pleased, not fully. But if this lead to where it promised it would be worth everything. She entered the library.

Darth Morrow Darth Morrow

The Doomtreader cruised through the open gates of the underground entrance to Amaranthine, it's entry monitored at every point by heavily armed legionaries brandishing black armor with a red rose branded in the chest. As the gear touched down on the space reserved for smaller ships guards surrounded the ramp, only to see Cara Dorniarn stand before them. A taller figure with a red cloak falling over shoulder bowed thier heads, the faceless reflective hem giving no sign of gender, or species. With a wave of the hand, guns fell to resting position and they began to clear way.

"My apologies my lady. Her Grace bids you welcome. I was told to direct you to the upper sector of the city, to the palace library. If you would follow me-" The soldier motioned to the gate on the far end of the docking bay, the blasting rifle they held being slung over the shoulder by its strap.

Once entering the opening of the mountain, the cavernous warm air poured over the apprentice, the sights of magma bubbling in distant pools catching eye before all other. Only then would the sprawling mountainous city drag her attention across its presence. Stepping foot into the Civilian sector the streets lining the edge of the cavern were filled with lively merchants and the sounds of hammers working away on hand crafted weapons and armor. Taverns filled with the hard workers of the day finally escaping the final clutches of a long shift left behind, drinks being shared and music filling the quiet of the enclosed air.

As the two continued along a large staircase led up the side of the carved walkways to another layer above, this path guarded by once more heavily armored soldiers of black armor. With the presence of the guide the others stepped aside to allow passage, the walk continuing in silence until the legionnaire stopped before a large stone carved palace at the end of the sector.

--

The entrance of the library brought awe to many who saw its extensive collection, more so than the architectural marvel of the city carved from stone. The entryway was decorated with finely carved woods with intricate designs of recent history marked down in a brilliant mural, though its story remained brief with room for continuance. The center of the room before her branched off and was held aloft by three pathways all conjoining into a circle, the lower floors before them exposed for all eyes to see, walls lined with physical journals, holocrons and collections of knowledge only a long lived being could hold.

On that center platform could be seen a ghostly looking woman, dressed in a long black robe. Eyes cast down to a journal her focus seemingly taken only for the voice to speak up, filling the complete silence that gripped the chamber.

"Ah, my apprentice. You have finally arrived."

Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom