Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What post moved you the most?

Just a simple thread to post a link or describe a post/thread you were in/wrote that moved you the most. IC threads, that is, of course.

I'll start:

Link: Recreation

I and another writer are killing two birds with one stone in this thread, practicing Sith Alchemy on myself (Silara) while also creating character development between the two characters whom are intended to have a "I can't have it, therefor I want it more" relationship. Various IC situations are literally pulling the two apart, but this post in particular, while I was writing it and after reviewing it before posting, made me cry. I don't mean it was just plain sad to write, it literally felt like I was doing something so wrong and so against my real moral code that it made me cry a little. I'm emotional, so tearing up a little isn't that odd, but I feel this is the first post in a very long time, anywhere, that has moved me as much.

Pretty much this entire thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/18214-separation-of-the-mind-circe/
Ven finally snapped, more than anytime before, tried to kill [member="Enigma"], then fled.
It was full of screaming, crying, near-deaths, the abandonment of a child (temporarily), wall-crushing, and there were quite a few times where I had to walk away from the computer. The thread was so much fun to write, even if it was a bit painful at times.

Honestly... it was a big factor in both Ven's original death and her eventual breakup with Circe (the final breakup, that is).

Arturious Engel

A
Well this one time at band camp........................ wait what were we talking about..................................

:p

One post that moved me was the death of Diana Moridena, mostly due to the fact that the character was an integral part of Daella's lore before she revealed her true allegiances to the Sith.

It was also interesting to see characters view Diana's death as being caused by Daella's betrayal, thus giving them further reason to harbor hate against Daella.

Another is Tefga Efreet's death. Sort of set the bar for major character deaths from then on.

Writing the backstory explanation in Cross' very first IC thread made my tear up. I didn't even realize what I was writing until I finished it and actually started crying...

Nomad Crimson

Welcome to the Chaos!

You're in the right place for all your passions, and in time you will thrive, so don't worry! We all start somewhere, and we will help you along the way. Just shout if you any questions and we will help you.

Main thing, just enjoy yourself and have fun out there; the only limit is your imagination and we have writers of all different skills, experiences and ranges, so NEVER feel like your writing may not be good enough and doubt yourself. :)

See you around the galaxy....! -Asterion
link: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/37033-greetings-all/

That just... I don't know what happened.

[member="Silara Vantai"][member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] Absent actually reading your posts, which I did, you two have very aesthetically pleasing styles of writing (choice of fonts, colors, etc. etc.) Just thought I'd point that out.

I've mentioned this in a previous thread regarding posts that moved us to tears. Before the wipe, JSC started a thread called "Through the Looking Glass," in which everyone posted a one-shot of what their characters were doing at that very moment. Several people were sleeping, or waking up. A few were doing something exciting or cunning. At least one was going through drug rehab, while another was being lonely with a bunch of ropos. It was a glorious read and I had fun writing Fabula's part in it.

However, one post in that thread I have never forgotten. [member="Sarge Potteiger"] is a character known for his gritty action sequences and general bad moodiness. In his TTLG post, however, he was attending a military funeral function for Omega. He got out of the shower, shaved, and dressed...while thinking about all of the tragedy he'd lived through. A heartfelt scene of romance from a lost lover. A rendition of him killing Ayden that moved me to tears. The whole thing was a masterfully constructed glimpse into the mind of a man who was much more complicated than most people had realized at that point. Even if the post doesn't exist any more, I'm not likely to forget it any time soon.

15th Post Here
Ire has just met her 'mother' again for the first time in five(ish) years. She learns that Ven and Circe are no longer dating, and Circe tells her about how she believes it was her (still Circe's) fault. Due to all of the Sekairo's own experiences with losing loved ones, she does her best to comfort Circe, telling her that some things just happen. You can't control every aspect of your life.

Then she quietly reminiscences on her relationship with Elani. She realizes that she never really told the Zambrano woman how she actually felt. How much she did care for her. And now, due to her duties as a soldier, she hasn't had much time to think about her love. For a moment we see inside her. We see that she isn't entirely as mad as we might think. At the end of the day... she's been through a lot, and it effects her just like it does any other.

The post ends with Ire 'hailing' her emperor, the father of her love, even though she's intending to curse the name. Insanity shows as she laughs herself to tears. It turns to a sob of rage.

Part of the post was me coming to terms with recent events in my own life. For once I understood Ire, and if Ire was real, I know she would've understood me as well.
Or I think so, at least :D

Placeholder 0123

P
Galaar's death in the battle of Drunkenwell.

It ended a story that had been going on between two years, where two brothers were driven to murder each other for reasons they truly didn't understand. It was the greatest bond I have ever written with another character, and signified the general end of a writer's time on Chaos who had become a very dear friend to me. I have not written a story more fulfilling since the end of the Calico/Galaar bromance, and I doubt I will.

I may have broken down, just a little.

Teferi's death by Darth Moridin, it was very saddening even to me.

And while I wasn't crying at this next thing, it was badass: When I stole a X-Wing just to get into a thread back when Vagrant Fleet was around

Necro-post ahead!

The interaction between Silara and Alric, more-so the portions of each of their "behind-the-scenes" actions, in There is No (Re)Doubt of Our Efforts was a refreshing display of vulnerability versus a perceived veil of confidence.

It gives a little insight to the day-to-day troubles of a Sith Lord, too.

Silara said:
Necro-post ahead!

The interaction between Silara and Alric, more-so the portions of each of their "behind-the-scenes" actions, in There is No (Re)Doubt of Our Efforts was a refreshing display of vulnerability versus a perceived veil of confidence.

It gives a little insight to the day-to-day troubles of a Sith Lord, too.
#SithHaveFeelingsToo

But if we're reviving this thread then I have to add all of this: Chase The Sun For All It's Worth
It's a long solo-thread in which Nyx relives her worst moments. The premise is essentially that age-old trope of 'go through your life in your dreams, realize the lessons you were taught'. However I'm nowhere near done! I have at least another 20,000 words planned (sitting at about 3000 right now). What starts out as this stereotypical dream junk is going to be changing to something bigger. But I won't spoil anything!

The latest post is the best so far, and was one of the harder ones to write. Originally it was another 1000 or so words with lots of details. However I felt that going the subtler route and just blurring it out had a bigger effect. And I had to worry less about breaking the PG-13 rule... the original draft was, admittedly, a bit graphic. Edits would have had to be made even without the blur effect. I'm getting off track. The post revisits the relationship she had with one of her many, many step-mothers on a particularly bad day. Then it ends on a cliff-hanger of sorts by transitioning roughly into the next memory- one that takes place two years later.

It, uh, it'll make more sense if you read it. Especially after the upcoming post.

The Death of Zev Stargo. (Lost in the board wipe)

It was shown to me by [member="Isley Verd"] in his desperate attempt to recruit me to Chaos many moons ago. While I didn't join, it did put a lump in my throat.

>~>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom