Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Makes the Grass Grow?

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
A posh hotel in one of the nicer parts of Breehara. That's where Koko found herself, waiting to meet with representatives from Battlewell Security and Arms.

As practically the only employee of RCFC with any experience with negotiation, the Shard woman found herself in these types of places more and more often. She didn't mind overmuch. The chance to dip into her frankly ridiculous expense account was always welcome. Her boss knew next to nothing about the finer points of running a business. All he knew was that she saved him untold credits each year by taking on a frankly startling workload.

Koko served as everything from RCFC's legal expert to accountant to interior designer. Her well manicured fingers were in literally every portion of the business save for the actual design and production of weapons, and by herself, she accomplished what any normal corporation would need several teams to get done. And not only did she do the work, she did it well.

Rusty had no problem with dumping a significant portion of those savings in an expense account for his assistant. And Koko had no problem spending that money, just so long as she could make sure it was at least tangentially related to business.

First class travel to a variety of the galaxy's best destinations? Check. Luxury accommodations for business meetings? Check. Wardrobe full of exquisitely tailored outfits for nearly every situation? Check.

And the best part is, even with her expensive tastes, it took serious effort to so much as scratch the surface of the account. She saved the company that much.

Honestly, she was kicking herself for not hitching herself to a business run by a Shard decades ago. They were ruthlessly pragmatic, but the flip side of that was, they respected results. And Rusty was no exception. So long as Koko continued to perform, he gave not one flying kark how she did it. It was great.

Today's business meeting was with an executive from a mercenary company cum slash arms dealer for some new and exciting bits of hardware. Rusty had made it clear that they were getting cut a deal: steep discounts, and in return, they'd give feedback on the weapons systems so the next generation could be improved upon. Other than that, the details were up to her.

Meeting with mercenaries was always a tricky proposition. She found that many of them tended to view excessive femininity as a weakness. It was annoying, but she had found ways to work around it. Koko wore a charcoal grey business suit of a style normally favored by men. The only concessions for her gender were in the bust and hips, where the cut was slightly different.

Her chassis for the day was her usual HRD. She'd been using this particular body for the better part of a decade. It was slender, with chalk white skin and hair to match. The eyes were pale blue, with a distinctive almond shape that lent them an exotic air. The facial features had been built around classic notions of beauty: high cheekbones, small chin, pert nose and full lips. The pigmentation was a factory defect; she had been able to pick it up for practically nothing, and they had even modified it to accept a Shard. Now that she was working for RCFC, she could afford a better one, but this chassis was a reminder of where she came from, and besides, she was used to it.

She waited for the Battlewell representative in a lavishly furnished conference room. The room was dominated by a massive Endorian oak table, made from a single massive slab of wood and polished to a mirror sheen. The obligatory rolling chairs were comfortable and plush, covered with soft nerf hide and padded with memory foam. A small wet bar in the corner would help them ward off the dangers of dehydration and sobriety. It was, of course, stocked with an excellent selection of wines and liquors, and the droid bartender could mix drinks to accommodate nearly any taste and metabolism.

It should be a productive meeting.

[member="KeCholo"]

A lone Mon Calamari strode through the door of the hotel the meeting was supposed to take place in. The Mon Calamari known as Qaeth Idos was dressed extremely odd, wearing a long flowing tan cloak covering his entire body except his head. Qaeth smiled at the attendant as he approached her.

''Hello there.'' he spoke very softly, and quietly.

''Hi!'' the woman practically yelled, she appeared to be just recently hired.

''Yes, I'm here for a meeting. I'm the representative from Battlewell Security and Arms, where might you direct me?''

''Hmm, let me see where I have you at.'' the woman typed on her computer, bringing up the reservations. ''Yes-'' she began after a moment ''-Mr. Bane?''

''Not quite, Ke'Cholo won't be making it today. He's off on...other business.'' Qaeth neglected to tell the woman that this ''other business'' included raiding an old imperial freighter for schematics purposed for a set of armor.

''Alright, and what would your name be?''

''Qaeth Idos.'' the Mon Calamari spoke crisply and precisely.

''Alright Mr. Idos, we have you in conference room 7. It's right over there.''

''Thank you.'' Qaeth bowed ceremonially.

Qaeth strode over to the area the woman pointed to and knocked on the door. Without waiting, he entered inside and noticed the woman, he bowed to her as well hoping to avoid a hand shake.

''Qaeth Idos.'' he said, smiling.

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Koko stood as the Mon Cal entered. If she was thrown off by his strange outfit, she didn't show it.

"I'm Koko," she said, smiling. The expression took on a distinctly predatory cast on her features, for some reason. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Idos. I trust your trip was a pleasant one?"

Once everything was settled, drinks were served, pleasantries exchanged, and all the other frivolities that came with doing business in this day and age, they sat down and got to business.

"I'm led to believe that you have need of weapons and equipment for a decently sized mercenary company. From what I understand, you're mostly fixed for small arms as well. What you're looking for is specialized kit to give you an edge over the competition. How am I doing so far?"

[member="KeCholo"]

''Public transportation can only be so pleasant.'' Qaeth said with a small genuine laugh. He seated himself across from [member="Rusty"] but did not yet reveal his cybernetic body. At this time, a waiter approached Qaeth and asked him a simple question.

''What would you like to drink?''

''I'll have a water.'' with this response, the waiter reached onto a cart and grasped a pitcher. He poured it's contents into a glass in front of the Mon Calamari. Qaeth appeared pleased. As Koko spoke, Qaeth nodded and smiled at her business propositions.

''Yes, a kit would be most welcome. Battlewell would also request discounts of some of your products, especially your scatterguns and-'' Qaeth cleared his throat ''-strangulation devices.''

At this point in time Qaeth reached forward and grasped the glass with his robotic hand. He tan cloaked was released from his body, revealing his cortosis frame.

Rusty

Koko nodded politely.

She was not a fan of the cauterizing garrote. It seemed barbaric to her, a weapon that could effectively decapitate a foe and leave enough oxygenated blood in the brain for at least a minute of consciousness. She didn't like lightsabers for the same reason. She couldn't explain exactly why the idea scared her so, but she assumed it was connected to a memory lost to the haze of time. She wasn't old by Shard standards, but she had lived a wild life. Occasionally, memories were lost. It was just the way of things.

Still, it wasn't her job to tell Rusty what weapons to make, and at the end of the day, business was business.

"The cauterizing garrote is already rather reasonably priced," she said, cuing the requisite data to display on the table's hologram projector. "At thirty credits a unit, any discount we offered would be symbolic at best. However, I think we may be able to come to an agreement on the RF-12."

Again the display changed, this time showing a floating version of the wildly popular pump action shotgun.

"We, of course, offer discounts for bulk purchases. It's a only fair, after all, and standard business practice. We're willing to offer an additional discount, however, if your company is willing to provide feedback on the weapon. Given the accelerated rate at which weapons technology develops in these chaotic times, it wouldn't do for RCFC to fall behind the competition. Unfortunately, most of our customers would rather not provide that sort of data. Some believe it takes effort, while still others are convinced it would fall into the hands of law enforcement."

She gave a wry little grin.

"Despite our assurances that the process is both painless and secure, we're sorely lacking in field data. If your company would be willing to offer feedback on things like functionality, ease of use, and the like, I think you'll find we can be quite reasonable when it comes to pricing on a variety of different products."

[member="KeCholo"]

''Feedback for the weapons can be done, we have no fear of enforcers nor are so lazy as to simply write down a few things. For the strangulation devices, if we could perhaps get a bulk discount. As for the shotguns, I'd like a bulk discount for them as well. We currently are using horribly crude and out of date weaponry, getting new hardware is our first priority. Whether that comes from [member="Rusty"] or Battlwell, that doesn't matter, we just need it''

Qaeth took a sip of his drink and sat back.

Rusty

Koko sighed internally, but didn't let her poker face drop.

Instead, she slid a pamphlet over.

"Our bulk pricing guidelines on all products. That will list all your options, as well as delivery options available, warranties, and ammunition resupply. Please take a moment to look through. Once you've picked out the options that best suit your needs we'll finish up the necessary paperwork."

She resisted the urge to glance impatiently at her chrono. She had three more meetings like this before she got to break for the day. Good thing she had booked the room for the day.

[member="KeCholo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom