Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Lurks Beneath

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
QuDGXBn.png
CHISS SPACE

Hydroponics Colony; Jamiron
[member="Darth Filiae"] | [member="Fivlo"] | [member="Jett"] | [member="Rorschach"]​
The planet was Jamiron, a relatively barren world that had a porous crust that allowed certain types of gases to leak through the cracks in the dirt layer, which in turn could be used for various purposes of the Chiss. The colony was a series of domed structures, each containing a carefully constructed maze of hydroponics that were used to capture, mix and produce the gases in different states before being shipped to Csilla. In this instance, the world had been offered as grounds for a training exercise for graduating Viziters, all of whom had mysteriously disappeared. Left with few spare resources, the CEDF requisitioned a number of individuals to serve as an investigation force, to determine what happened and where the missing Chiss were.

The crisp holographic image of Vice Admiral Mitth'orn'eruod appeared above the glowing pad on the table. There was a small group of individuals gathered in the meeting room, which was really a makeshift storage area cleared out for the purpose. He waited patiently for the transmission to establish connection before he nodded his head to the group.

"Thank you for accepting this assignment," The Vice Admiral began, cool eyes moving across the arrayed faces. "Given the state of the civil war, I am unable to spare Commandos for this task, but given your past service records, I trust you will be able to find a resolution to this concerning occurrence."

The Admiral's form zoomed out, becoming smaller, as a map appeared of the local area.

"You are currently in Zone Three, the second largest domed colony on the planet. According to records of the training expedition, they were exploring caverns through the planets crust to the north... however, the last report had their locations pinged as considerably westward. After that final transmission, all contact was lost and the group transmitters ceased to function, so we have been unable to determine their location or status."

These were smart individuals, their task was obvious.

"Our concern is that twelve hours have passed since that last emergency call. This is the soonest we could land your group. You have some resources available, such as a patrol vessel in orbit that can perform area scans, however they must also maintain security in the system. This means a limited scanning rate is in effect, so keep mindful of their position when you are updated.

"All that remains, is to determine where you would begin. North, you might find evidence as to the situation leading up to the emergency transmission; but west would take you closer to their last known location. I trust your judgement. Good luck, all of you, and be sure to keep me updated as things develop."

The holographic display of Mitth'orn'eruod dissipated, but the map of the region remained. The two locations in question were pinging with faint red strobes, indicating a close approximate of where the group could begin - if they chose to go to one of them to begin with. Other options were always open, especially being in a colony with some hydroponic workers about...

Matt the Radar Tech

QuDGXBn.png
CHISS SPACE

[member="Darth Filiae"] | [member=Jett] | [member=Rorschach]​
The planet Jamiron was a dusty, orange-covered, gas spewing desert planet. Except instead of sand, it had a hard dirt crust that was coated in cracks and holes. Some of them were barely a foot wide, others were miles wide. That meant large open tunnels, some possibly filled with gas? Either way, whatever was beneath the ground on the planet, it had been enough to make a group of Viziters disappear. And since Chaf'ivl'oarrou was a Viziter - one that recently graduated - that didn't fill the young Chiss with much confidence. Still, as the teenage Chiss looked at the assembled group that had been appointed to the task, he hoped their skills were enough, let alone his own.

"So, uh, what do we think?" Chaf'ivl'oarrou asked, both eyebrows raised as he looked to the others around the holographic table. "The patrol ship in orbit just dropped us off, so they're probably still there... maybe we could use it to scan somewhere?"

Out of reflex, Chaf'ivl'oarrou reached down and wrung the straps of the Viziter gauntlet on his right forearm. Having the device on hand helped keep a lot of the worry at ease, knowing what the thing was capable of. No doubt it would come in handy. But then again, all the Viziters probably had them, too, and now they were missing... so really, Chaf'ivl'oarrou wasn't sure how he felt about it.

"I'll be honest, I'm having trouble remembering anyone's name, let alone being able to suggest things for the investigation," Chaf'ivl'oarrou frowned, as he looked to the others again, red eyes dim. "I'll follow whatever you all decide. I might be out of my element here, so..."

There was no escaping the fact Chaf'ivl'oarrou was young. Barely ten years old in fact, basically a recently matured Chiss mentally. His stature was short and he was expected to reach his full physical height at around fifteen. And considering the young Chiss had only just graduated the Viziter academy, his experience was limited, but the opportunity to see some Force power in use with a Sith involved - Chaf'ivl'oarrou glanced to Darth Filiae - was why the Viziters demanded he be present for.

"I'll shut up. Sorry."

Jett

J
QuDGXBn.png
CHISS SPACE

[member="Darth Filiae"] | [member="Fivlo"] | @Rorsach | [member="Thorne"]
If anyone were out of their element, it were Jett. The Chiss Agent, more often acting as a Spy, had hardly ever been involved in search-and-rescue operations, nor were he entirely familiar when it came to recovering corpses. If it were to come to that unfortunate end, truly. But, nevertheless, Hurca'jett'iwo was certainly ready to rescue, if not recover these wayward individuals despite his typically cynical train of thought that lead him astray. He kept a red, squinted, and focused gaze set upon the holographic display, analysing each major and minuscule detail as every word had been poured into his mind and memory. He remained silent in his thought, momentarily, before eventually opting to speak his conclusion.

"I'd suggest moving North. If they'd left clues, or something had gone wrong it might be easier to deduce exactly what happened. Then, from there, we might be able to track them." Jett had mentioned, eyeing the individuals present as the appropriate hand gestures made themselves present in his basic movements.

It certainly made sense to Jett, but not everyone were the same, no.

QuDGXBn.png
Vero'rschach'brast was troubled by the disappearance, these were students he had helped trained personally. Who was ready to serve the Ascendancy in it's early conquests in taking back Chiss Space. Now here he was within the meeting room hearing the report of these students that had been lost. A grim look was on his face, only to hide the sorrow he felt at the possibility that these students had all died for nothing. Much less on a force-forsaken world like Jamiron. A Chiss Colony where it was covered in vast desserts with only the domed structures used for the workers. It was a dangerous job for the workers, and it made it idle to test the Vitizers in harsh combat and Force training.

Hearing from the Vice Admiral through the hologram. It was apparent the man was off still dealing with the Civil War. Which had both been draining on resources and manpower. Ever since the victories gained by the CIS and TSE in helping the Chiss Liberate their world from oppression, they still had the collaborators to deal with. In most cases, they were executed, while others were imprisoned. With the craft that had recently brought the group here still in orbit. The Vitizer Exarch came up with plans in his head, his hand gently gripping his Lightsaber as a form to collect his thoughts.

Listening to the young man known as Chaf'lvl'oarrour. He felt a smile tug at his lips remembering on how he was at that age. Looking at the young man he spoke in a gentle tone. "Calm down my friend. If you do have something to offer please do, if not I am sure we will all think of a solution."
Looking towards the Chiss agent who had been tasked with aiding them in their mission. He suggested moving North to which the elder man nodded. "I agree but I also would like to suggest perhaps scanning their last known location to see if they are still there." He said looking to the group for any more ideas

@Jett @Fivlo [member="Darth Filiae"]

QuDGXBn.png
Vero'rschach'brast was troubled by the disappearance, these were students he had helped trained personally. Who was ready to serve the Ascendancy in it's early conquests in taking back Chiss Space. Now here he was within the meeting room hearing the report of these students that had been lost. A grim look was on his face, only to hide the sorrow he felt at the possibility that these students had all died for nothing. Much less on a force-forsaken world like Jamiron. A Chiss Colony where it was covered in vast desserts with only the domed structures used for the workers. It was a dangerous job for the workers, and it made it idle to test the Vitizers in harsh combat and Force training.

Hearing from the Vice Admiral through the hologram. It was apparent the man was off still dealing with the Civil War. Which had both been draining on resources and manpower. Ever since the victories gained by the CIS and TSE in helping the Chiss Liberate their world from oppression, they still had the collaborators to deal with. In most cases, they were executed, while others were imprisoned. With the craft that had recently brought the group here still in orbit. The Vitizer Exarch came up with plans in his head, his hand gently gripping his Lightsaber as a form to collect his thoughts.

Listening to the young man known as Chaf'lvl'oarrour. He felt a smile tug at his lips remembering on how he was at that age. Looking at the young man he spoke in a gentle tone. "Calm down my friend. If you do have something to offer please do, if not I am sure we will all think of a solution."
Looking towards the Chiss agent who had been tasked with aiding them in their mission. He suggested moving North to which the elder man nodded. "I agree but I also would like to suggest perhaps scanning their last known location to see if they are still there." He said looking to the group for any more ideas

@Jett @Fivlo [member="Darth Filiae"]

[member="Thorne"] [member="Jett"] [member="Fivlo"] [member="Rorschach"]

Although born on Csilla and having spent the first nine years of her life in the old Ascendancy, Darth Filiae felt somewhat out of place among the blue faces. She had been tutored by Chiss hired by the Csen'ai, but the disconnect between Nethil and other Chiss was woefully apparent to her. Yet, it was this very disconnect from the cold and sterile mindset of the Chiss that had given her the abilities she had today, that had made her Sith.

As data was presented and the group briefed on the matter and dangers at hand, Filiae carefully copied the maps and scans of their surroundings to her cybernetics by way of a dataspike pulled from her arm.

"The obvious first step is a life-form search, if possible."

Retracting the spike and filtering it back into her arm, she let her eyes survey each of her teammates; two viziters, one agent. One older, experienced, gentle toward the young. One young, inexperienced, eager but unsure. Agent, pragmatically cautious. The cybernetics logged her initial thoughts on each, creating a file in her head, controlled by her honed skills in manipulating machinery and electronics with her mind.

"If they are alive, then they should appear on the scan and we may be able to rendezvous." She gestured to the west of the map where their presences were last logged. "If they do not show up, then we should proceed North to investigate their goals and why they failed." Her hand traced back and to the North.
Success or death
In her mind, she heard the faintest whispers of the Csen'ai reminding her of her training. It was like a silent drone at the back of her mind. Yes, if the Viziters were dead, then they had failed their mission and there was no use in looking for them other than retrieving their gear. If they were alive, then whatever occurred must have demanded they remove their transponders. What could that be? Options trickled into her brain, some born from imagination, some from her databank.

"I assume such a scan has been conducted? If not, we should do so immediately."

Although her face maintained a most neutral mine and her voice retained a matter-of-factly tone, she was deeply curious about the training and nature of the CEDF's force users. They were unlike the Sith and the Jedi entirely.

Matt the Radar Tech

QuDGXBn.png
CHISS SPACE

[member="Darth Filiae"] | [member=Jett] | [member=Rorschach]​
The commlink crackled to life from another source, as a voice from the ship in orbit spoke. Chaf'ivl'oarrou almost jumped.

"This is Commodore Biski'odari'oni, I have been listening to the conversation," She said, face appearing beside the map of the area. "We have begun a life-sign scan in the western area, however due to the depth of the subterranean tunnels, we cannot cover a wide area and must focus the scans for deeper results. This may take up to ten minutes."

Chaf'ivl'oarrou looked to the older Viziter, smiling. It was nice to know someone supported hearing him out, which had often been an issue for other military personnel due to his younger age. Technically, Chaf'ivl'oarrou had just grown into maturity, but his physicality was in the late teenage phase compared to other species.

"I read over some information on the planet while we traveled here, and there's no real mention of dangerous native wildlife," Chaf'ivl'oarrou said to the group, as the Commodore waited, her eyes glancing off screen at someone nearby. "Just gases and tunnels beneath the crusty surface. Maybe we should split up and ask some locals? I can wait for the scan, and come meet you with the results?"

Maybe someone in the colony had some more hands on information, and due to the isolated nature of the planet, perhaps it simply hadn't been updated. Either way, the scan sounded like it needed time to complete, and Chaf'ivl'oarrou figured everyone standing around was wasting it...

"I mean, you don't have to, it's entirely up to you leaders."

Jett

J
QuDGXBn.png
CHISS SPACE

[member="Darth Filiae"] | [member=Fivlo] | @Rorsach | [member=Thorne]
Jett had since leaned backwards and adopted a more relaxed stance as he peered back and forth between those that he spoken, rather than keenly observe the holographic display that had stretched out before them. The Agent had looked towards the youngest among them, hearing their words before finding a moment of silence in brief thought. But, it were then that he commented, crimson eyes still lazily staring at nothing, "It isn't an awful idea." It were then that Jett shifted his gaze towards Rorshach-- potentially finding comfort in the possible wisdom of an older man that hadn't been that old at all --and spoke once more, "What do you think?" Asking with a lofted brow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom