Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Lays Buried In Dust and Forgotten Books

I'd recently returned to The Silver Rest after salvaging what I could bookwise from the library on H'ratth. Bucketheads and Sith always seemed to ruin things which couldn't really afford to be replaced. As I'd been scanning through the various scrolls, manuscripts, and files several things had been found. Ares my co-pilot had been studying more and was the one to discover an intriguing irregularity.... Several of the books from H'ratth had mentioned books I knew were at The Silver Rest, after cross-referencing my own scanned collection of books I noticed that there were several handwritten notes which seemed to mention specific passages in other books....

a3b5320a299d315212d588425c73eebc.jpg
I sat in an shadowed corner of The Silver Rest library. My head hurt.... there were references to long lost knowledge but.....perhaps I was missing something... As it was I wished that padawan from H'ratth were here. I'm sure she could appreciate the hunt through these pages....All I knew was that typically long lost knowledge was.... best treated cautiously. Especially if it'd been hidden away and was referenced through multiple books all of which corroborated each other. All I knew is that I was looking now for a star map....One which predated The Silver order.....Groaning in frustration I hoped things would start making sense.... Padding barefoot back to the shelves I put several volumes back which had been eliminated from the search...

I began thumping my head into a desk in frustration.... a Jedi began clearing her throat and I sent a rather rude Echani gesture her way. Still thump, thump, thumping my head into the wood.

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]

if they're watching anyways
"Excuse me?" Auteme put her hands on her hips. "You know, I thought Jedi Masters were supposed to be at least somewhat well-mannered," she said firmly. Of course she tried to avoid making assumptions about people's characters, but she did have some expectations of the Jedi -- especially since this particular Master had been present at H'ratth.

The teenager had been looking around for Celiana, and when she'd finally found her she'd been hoping to talk to her about what had happened, and maybe do a bit of thanking. She'd only seen her momentarily during the fighting, but she had a sense that the woman was one of the reasons that a certain scary Mandalorian had gotten off her tail. Not only that, Master Celiana was certainly worth meeting -- and she hoped to perhaps learn a little from the Jedi.

All that was shattered after that little bout of rude gesturing. Would she need to teach the master a bit of manners? "I don't know if you get away with this kind of behaviour with other people, but you've got to have a bit of etiquette when meeting strangers."

[member="Celiana"]

Hearing her voice I looked up. Low and behold the person I'd been waiting for had arrived... letting out a light musical laugh I said "Aye typically that's true, I have somewhat of a history of shall we say less than traditional values as a Jedi. That was before I was knighted young one. While I'm not a Master I personally have some things I'm working on as well. I do however appreciate your shall we say forthrightness? Least there's hope that knights and even Masters can learn from our youngers."

Bringing my left hand vertically against my closed horizontal fist I offered her a slight bow. "My apologies padawan Auteme, rude gestures aside there's something I'd like your particular help with. As H'ratth proved to me you've shall we say something of a soft spot for the acquisition and protection of knowledge? There's something I found previous to the fish mans' search for a book in the archives on H'ratth it has led me on something of a wild bantha chase. Perhaps younger eyes may be able to make a connection I could not?"

As it stood right now I knew all of the books, scrolls, datachips, and various other mediums contained references to each other. Speaking of a buried library that was too valuable to have been left on traditional maps. Probably to hide whatever was there from The Sith. That being said..... the original notation which led me to all these other books I had found it whilst reading through some less than savory information on alchemy I'd found on H'ratth. I wanted to test the padawan, given enough time I'm certain I could figure it out. That being said there was more to learn about her and the way her mind worked. As it was I'd been considering taking on a padawan but there were things I looked for before committing to such an endeavor...

I wondered if she'd find what I had, the pages from the books leading to each other had certain passages highlighted and page numbers circled. I felt it was a complex book cypher with coordinates and information being the prize. I wondered what she'd find...

"Padawan Auteme, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you this chase through books began on H'ratth shortly before the attack. It started with me perusing a manuscript containing both Jedi and Sith Alchemy experiments. It bears keeping in mind that while the lead came from a Sith originally there's neither proof they were in fact Sith nor that they were lying. I welcome you to make notes on the datapad on the table and feel free to discuss with me what you find." Smiling I sat back in my chair with legs tucked up under me and began to meditate.

That was an acceptably fast turn-around by the other Jedi. Auteme could identify with a few of those sentiments; while her upbringing and personal values were similar to those of the Jedi she found that she was relatively unique in the way she held herself. The Silver Jedi were much more varied and diverse than she'd initially thought, and it was a welcome surprise. "You can learn from anyone if you just listen," she said, nodding to the Jedi knight. That was something she'd learned and the lesson she held closest to her. Perhaps the small outburst was unwarranted...

Still, she accepted the woman's apology with another small nod. The offer, too, intrigued her -- of course she loved to look through books; and she enjoyed puzzles and research as much as any... well, actually the only other person she'd met who'd enjoyed it as much as her had been her mentor and guardian. He was irreplaceable, and that was one of the main reasons she'd been avoiding getting a master. She was waiting for him to return. It occurred to her that he might’ve left clues as to where he'd gone and when he would return but for now she'd settle for an alchemic research puzzle. Her mind was already bursting with questions. "So you're looking for... what exactly?" Research for research's sake was enough for her, but she did need a bit of assurance that whatever Celiana was getting into was something she would feel comfortable looking at. Sith texts and artifacts were more than capable of manipulating a young padawan such as herself. Honestly it was a wonder the Jedi kept such texts...

"I can help you, but it seems that you've done a lot of work already," she said, moving over to look at the various texts and information that had already been gathered. Auteme personally would hate to bring all this together only to leave it to someone else to finish... she needed closure with such things. Then again, the Jedi were quite diverse -- perhaps Celiana enjoyed giving away her work to others.

@Celiana

Smiling as she mentioned being able to learn from anyone if you simply listened I began making my own mental notes. She had humility....something a great many people lacked. My own mentor had said humility in training is what kept you sharper than others because you were always learning from your betters. As Auteme asked for what I was looking for exactly I rose and with a flick of my thumb I displayed a holographic form of my own notes. "The original manuscript spoke of a secret trove of knowledge, in one of the passages from a potential Sith it made references to another book. Page numbers through all the books were marked referencing ever more books. All of which I either had copies or made exact copies of, they all make references to a book that The Silver Jedi are rumored to have and I believe that final piece to this puzzle is in the archives here. The only real clue I can give you is that from my understanding, the books I have on that table each have their own Force presence, they all point to a different passage in a different book. With a final reference to a book here in the Silver archives. I can feel the Force presence of each book and the final key I think will be one book, with the Force presence of all the books on that table."

Smiling I sensed she didn't want to take my prize search from me. But as it was I'd already completely traversed the entire archives and I could sense the book right up until I couldn't it was like the book kept hiding itself from me... It was highly possible Auteme had a search of her own either mentally or emotionally. I sensed her thoughts flick briefly to....a father. Intrigue emanated from her, yet was tempered by a potential realization about the thought of a father. Interesting....if a father or mentor had impressed upon her a love of books or puzzles perhaps that was why I couldn't find this book....I'd grown up learning of combat or how to manipulate information for my benefit. Not to simply accept information as it was... The irony wasn't lost on me either. I could track passages of books leading on a chase but the final piece may not be mine to discover....

Glancing towards Auteme I said softly "I think personally that you'll have to be the one to search the archives. I encourage reading my own notes and I can also make copies either digital or physical of all these books for your own personal collection Auteme. My gift I guess you'd call it to you... I focused on the chase of this knowledge, but sometimes I feel that knowledge concerning The Force hides itself from certain people. I'm only so good at puzzles and there's a reason I'm a skilled slicer is I manipulate code and information. I search for knowledge of what's been buried in the past though I think the book we're looking for senses that you have a pure and simple love of knowledge, you don't seek to manipulate knowledge. Which is why you must be the one to search the archives...All I can say is that you'll know when the book speaks to you through The Force, it may ask you a question or two as well. Force imbued objects tend to do that..."

Glancing at the table I said "I was focused on the chase of knowledge rather than the books themselves. I think I'll do some reading as you search, there's always more to learn after all..." With that I let Auteme begin her search for the final piece of this puzzle. Inserting an empty datadisc into my datapad I began transferring a digital copy of everything on the table to the disc along with several books of knowledge on topics Auteme may find interesting. Another thing Masters needed to learn was when to let a padawan take the lead since there were things they could see that an older generation may not. Interesting I was learning that now....

Auteme was certainly ready to try figuring this all out. Of course she loved puzzles -- and the chance to uncover a new source of knowledge? She wasn't going to pass this chance up. The teenager listened carefully to the more experienced Jedi, taking her own mental notes. She'd only touched the alchemical section a few times, mostly to clarify other readings she had been doing. In any case, she had been given a lot to look through -- references were her favorite things to follow up on; so often the basis of a new topic came from an old idea. She loved being able to connect the new to the old. That was what books did. Knowledge unites.

"So you aren't able to sense the book in the library?" Auteme found that rather odd, considering the Knight had a basis on what it would feel like. Surely if she focused enough she'd be able to locate it within the library. The padawan closed her eyes and felt the presence of the various books sitting on the table. They were relatively small presences, and she was sure that the more experienced Jedi would have better luck searching the library if it was by sensing through the Force. Still, the idea that those with certain traits and desires would be more effective when using the Force in certain situations seemed both obvious and tantalizingly interesting. Further study would be required, and the padawan made mental note of such.

It seemed that Celiana's observations were quite accurate -- Auteme loved knowledge for knowledge's sake. She'd heard all the scary mantras of 'knowledge is power' and all that, but she only partly agreed. Knowledge was allowed to be an end within itself. With that in mind she began her search.

The usefulness of datapads and other technology was undeniable, but Auteme personally preferred the feel of the paper on her fingers. A few of the sources were digital, and she couldn't change that, but she made do. It took her only a few minutes to search through the marked passages and put the sources in order of being referenced. She then took Celiana's compiled notes and skimmed the recurring themes or patterns in the writing -- it took a little longer, as Auteme's note-taking organization was a little different than the Knight's. Then she settled on the passage of the final book, checking the references. There were actually several -- likely where the woman had run into trouble. She recognized the names; most of the books could not be found in the Silver Rest's library, if anywhere. Only one came up twice. The name of a Light Sith, who even before that had been a grey Jedi. Auteme had only read a small account of him, but she'd checked the library and she knew he hadn't written any books.

Though books were not the only medium one might store information. Keepers of lore would only allow those with the means to use and learn from the knowledge to access it. "It's not a book," she said, breaking the silence finally. "It's probably the reason you couldn't sense it. It's not in the library. Any old person could walk in here, grab one of these books and follow the references. The last step, the location, can't be that easy. Secrets of alchemy would only be given to those who could use it... the Force..." The girl tapped her chin as she thought, before finally the realization came.

"A holocron."

[member="Celiana"]

Interesting...Auteme saw past the potential of a book. When she revealed her theory of a holocron I jerked out of my thoughts... Looking towards her I said "And where do your instincts tell you we should search for this holocron Auteme?" There were few Sith who'd walked the line and would reveal any kind of information to Jedi.... The list was impressively short, though my instincts told me I'd come across things connected to him in my past. I'd also visited several places he'd been during his life. If this holocron was connected to him then odds were it'd take both of us... He'd been interested in balance during his lifetime. Two, no more no less... I was a Jedi Knight yet even I hadn't closed myself off to the powers of The Darkside. I had a fuller point of view than most Jedi as a result...

Looking towards Auteme I waited for her answer. This would be a journey for two...if the holocron wasn't here in the archives then there'd be a journey involved. As it stood I knew where this Jedi had traveled... it cut down on the time that'd be required for searching... Now though I waited for the padawan's viewpoint sometimes the young needed a chance to lead.

"Well..." The teenager once more had a ponderous look on her face. She didn't know much about Holocrons -- not as much as she'd like to, at least -- but she knew that there was a large vault of them here in the Silver Rest. They didn't have any other leads as it was, and it wasn't like the place wasn't worth checking. Auteme had been hoping to access the place for a while now, even though the time she'd had had a Holocron it hadn't opened for her. This time it had to be different, right? "Let's start with the Holocron Vault here."

Even once they found what they needed, Auteme suspected that there'd be a bit more traveling to do. They'd have to be quite lucky for their goal to be on Kashyyyk itself, though the Force had a funny way of behaving unexpectedly, much like Light Sith or grey Jedi. "You wouldn't happen to have access to the vault, would you? I mean, if you don't, I might be able to ask permission. I know a master who might be able to help."

The more that she thought about it, the more she began to realize it might not make as much sense. Holocrons were able to store vast amounts of information; no one in their right mind would waste such a valuable resource only to give a set of coordinates or other bit of information. It might be hidden in a more 'standard' holocron, if such a thing existed; more puzzles would likely be to come.

It was exhilarating.

[member="Celiana"]

I smiled as Auteme came to the conclusion of holocron's and then she mentioned the vault's. Looking at her I said "Aye, I have access to the vaults. Though I'll tell you to focus on my presence in The Force when we enter the vaults. Certain holocron's....call out to you,it's easy to be...tempted. The vaults hold holocrons from Jedi as well as Sith." Rising from my seat I left a notice for any archive droids to leave the books and scroll I'd gathered where they were. Picking up my datapad I headed down a short flight of stairs and hung a right. Heading back behind the staircase I channeled The Force to my eyes and looked for the switch I'd marked. Placing my hand against cool marble I sent a burst of balanced Force energy into the wall.

https://youtu.be/MtnUkzJQF1Y

As the walls flicked open I turned and looked at Auteme. "Balance in all things Auteme, including The Force and study of it. The only true way to gain the most you can from the holocron vault is balance in mind and emotions.Remember what I said, fix my presence in The Force in your mind. It'll serve as an anchor point should any holocrons decide they want to talk." My heels clicked against the dark marble as I walked into the vault. Breathing in I felt The Force in this sacred hall. Sinking to a Lotus position I said "remember The Force signature of the books we studied and follow that trail, while keeping my Force presence fixed firmly in your mind. The holocron you find should be brought to me undisturbed. We are to open it together padawan...this is for your safety."

Hopefully she'd understand not to open the thing once she found it. There were many Sith, many Jedi...and no matter who or what the motivation....These beings had pursued power.

Auteme nodded, keeping the Knight's words in mind as she got to her feet and followed her away from their little spot in the library. She personally felt it was bad practice to leave all the books out like that, so she quickly picked up a few of the texts and returned them as she followed Celiana. Really, shouldn't a Jedi Knight know some simple library etiquette?

The opening of a wall, though, reminded the teenager that she still had much to learn. She'd thought the Holocron Vault had been somewhere else. And the way the Knight had opened it... well, Auteme certainly needed more training to keep up. She paused for a moment before entering behind the woman, glancing back to see the wall close again, hiding them from the rest of the temple. The pair forged on into the vault.

"I'll keep it in mind," she said softly. The teenager paused again as the other Jedi took a seat on the floor, but Auteme stayed on her feet, her eyes scanning the shelves. So many holocrons -- even after a moment she could feel small tugs in the back of her mind from the crystal knowledge reservoirs. She could practically feel all of them calling to her. So much knowledge to be uncovered, so much to learn...

Focus.

Auteme took a deep breath, creating a slight mental image of a tether between herself and Celiana. Once she'd anchored herself, she walked through the shelves of the vault, waiting for one to truly call to her. She searched through the Force; searched for knowledge, for the sign she'd felt among the books. It was something... unique. Specific.

The search took nearly an hour. Finally, she found it. The presence, at first, seemed quiet but coherent, but as she approached it became louder, and... split. "Knowledge corrupts." "Knowledge is power." "Knowledge is nothing." "Knowledge requires character." "Knowledge is treasure." "Knowledge is an illusion." The voices grew, droned on and on, until...

"Knowledge unites." Her voice cut through the cacophony of voices, turning them silent. The light blue crystalline pyramid began to hover slightly, its corners turning before detaching from the main crystal. Auteme watched closely as finally a hologram emerged -- that of a cloaked, young-ish man.

"What is it that I can teach you, Padawan Auteme?" The voice asked in a measured tone. The girl blinked twice, and took a half step back.

"Knight Celiana?" She called. "Um, I think I opened it..."

[member="Celiana"]

I felt....anxiety coming from Auteme. After we'd entered the vault and I'd seated myself I felt in The Force, Auteme had created a tether. I could sense her presence in the vault...and there were many voices here in the vaults. Many of them called to me, promising power or knowledge that could save. I felt Auteme through The Force her curiosity and hunger for knowledge an aura itself. Her hunger and desire for knowledge almost palpable... If I did take her on as my padawan I'd need to help her learn to control that longing to learn more. I felt the innocent drive to better herself and learn more of how she could help others, unfortunately there was plenty of knowledge that could twist noble and pure desires into a dark warped desires.

Jerking my head up I felt a burst of Force Energy. Then her voice, uncertain in tone... Saying she'd opened it. Fierfeck'la osik! Running between the racks I cornered and then utilized Force Speed and as I cornered a rack of tomes from the days of the Old Republic I saw what had happened. This area was known for testing Jedi through prompting them to answer. Now there was a light blue crystalline pyramid floating in front of Auteme. The figure of a youngish man who was cloaked asked her probably for the second time. "What is it that I can teach you padawan Auteme?" Stepping up and to Auteme's side I brought my left hand open palm vertically against my right fist and bowed slightly.

"Introductions are probably in order first. I am Jedi Knight Celiana Drayven, and you've already met padawan Auteme." The figure turned and looked at me, then bowed. "An honor Knight Celiana, your padawan is the first I've conversed with in a long while. I am the avatar of this holocron exiled Jedi and former Sith, Ansion Rendili." Looking towards Auteme then back to the holocron's avatar I said "She has promise, though I've yet to decide if I'll take her on as padawan. She's impressed me thus far, tell me Ansion and answer me honestly did she activate your holocron herself or did you ask questions of her and was her answer the trigger to open your holocron?"

The figure stroked his chin and said "Aye, I bombarded her with ideas. She gave me one of her own which was the correct answer. Knowledge unites was her wording, and indeed it does both Jedi and Sith have sought power and knowledge more often than not is what unites them even if for a brief time. My question remains though Knight Drayven..." The avatar turned and asked Auteme "Padawan Auteme, what would you like to learn more about?" Looking at her, then at the avatar I simply took a seat by her and gestured for her to continue.

Auteme was patient, listening to the more experienced Jedi converse with the Holocron's avatar. This was the first time she'd opened a Holocron, but she felt mildly sidelined. She was honestly fine with that considering she had no idea how to go about this. So, as usual, she listened and learned. Still, she was partly blindsided by Celiana's mildly blatant disregard for her own feelings on the matter. "I didn't-" Well, couldn't interrupt them now.

The avatar posed his question once more, and the teenager gave a slight nod, opening her mouth to speak. There was a moment, though, where she paused; a sort of beat reverberating through her mind. She pushed past it and spoke. "We're searching for a location. Mentions of a secret library. It holds information about alchemy? Jedi and Sith." It'd make sense that one who'd experienced both cultures would have knowledge of such things.

As she finished speaking there was another beat, stronger this time. Something she couldn't ignore. And then a sickening, low voice spoke into her mind. "That was not what I asked you, Padawan Auteme." She blinked and almost took a half step back -- but the avatar hadn't moved, and soon enough replied in the same even tone as before. "Of course. The library is hidden deep on a mysterious and largely hidden planet. I can give you the star chart coordinates, as well as the location on the planet itself. Once you arrive, though, it would be best to proceed with caution."

Auteme listened and nodded, quietly trying to shake the odd thoughts from her mind.

[member="Celiana"]

I sensed... a tinge of annoyance from Auteme. Yes she'd opened the holocron, through no purposeful fault of her own. Added to that I hadn't meant to make her feel not good enough... Fact was that I was highly considering taking her on as an apprentice. However avatars and spirits residing within these holocrons weren't always pure of intent. I sent a whisp of thought towards her through the tether she'd created through The Force. "My apologies Auteme. I trust you, not these spirits. I want no harm to come to you, and I think you'd be a wonderful padawan. I doubt myself as a Master not your abilities as an apprentice Auteme." I felt....a rift or split in The Force suddenly...

"I nearly had you after Aria...I will take you, you'll become a tool of darkness. You're half there already, you long for blood huntress and before things are done I'll have you bathing in the blood of your beloved order. If we cannot have you we WILL have the youngling." Glancing at the avatar from the holocron I breathed out and looked at Auteme while feeling her emotional state through The Force. It was...startled. She felt as though.... unsure but perhaps slightly frightened. Cutting my gaze to the avatar of Ansion he explained to Auteme how the library was hidden deep on a secluded world. He promised he could give star chart coordinates as well as the location of the planet itself. Though the warning of once we arrived excercising caution bothered me a bit.

I didn't want to dissuade Auteme from learning or this experience. Pausing I remembered something my Master had mentioned years ago... "Celiana, just because a being gives information doesn't mean it's without risk. Typically they want something in exchange. It's called the law of equivalent exchange you can't have something for nothing." Looking towards the avatar I asked him "Knight in exile Rindili, a few questions if I may? Why is it you advise caution upon landing at this planet? Also what is it you want in exchange for this information? There can be nothing taken if nothing is given, law of equivalent exchange dictates this."

I waited for the answer...I was loathe to bring a holocron out of the vaults. Though law of equivalent exchange left that as a very real possibility, that he'd request to have his holocron brought along. That was honestly the most troubling possibility, though if he requested samples of anything found in labs that'd be dangerous as well. For someone experienced in Alchemy it was possible he could manipulate beings on the planet, perhaps even retake physical form if he took over a body. This was why I treated the vaults with exceeding caution, nothing was free here. While knowledge united it also could corrupt and I was not in favor of exposing the padawan, potentially MY padawan to such risks.

The avatar whipped his head over to look at me before speaking. "It was....one of the worlds upon which I conducted alchemical experiments. The likelihood is that the wildlife will be vastly more intelligent and highly resistant to The Force. As for the law of equivalent exchange...you've studied alchemy yourself haven't you Knight Drayven...Yes you must have....I sense its touch upon you." There was a smirk on his face.

"My condition is this. You take my holocron with you, though I will give you a way to control it. A barrier so that I cannot directly influence any living or dead beings, I request you find my journals though and learn from them. Teach them to the padawan, there is much of healing and the fields of medicine that may interest her. These are my requests, nothing more." I noted his wording...he'd give me a way to control the holocron so that direct influence was impossible. That left him indirect influence however.....He'd be able to manipulate emotions rather than trying to sway us with promised knowledge or power. I was confident in my ability to protect Auteme from any beasts that may come against us on the journey. She was the one who'd opened the holocron however. The ultimate choice was hers to make, though I very highly would encourage caution. I did trust her judgement...

Auteme couldn't quite keep the doubt from creeping into her mind. What was that voice? Why did it speak to her mind? Was it the holocron that was speaking to her? She just wanted answers to her questions. If only she'd had truly been able to use the Force to its full potential, she might've had answers. She might've sensed what was coming next.

As usual the padawan listened intently to the exchange between the Knight and the holocron, giving a slight nod to Celiana's words to her. She supposed that she'd made a good first impression on the other Jedi. Celiana didn't strike her as a naive Jedi, especially due to her awfully pragmatic views on things. Auteme didn't particularly like the idea of 'equivalent exchange' -- in her own view, kindness was perfectly capable of being given freely. It just so happened to be a gift that was easily reciprocated.

"Well..." With the holocron's request laid out, Auteme turned and looked at the Knight, tilting her head just barely. Asking a question. "It's your choice. I mean, you've done most of the work here." She gave a slight, encouraging smile.

Beat.

"But it isn't her choice."

Auteme blinked. Again it seemed that the holocron's avatar hadn't moved an inch. But this time, the teenager felt rather compelled to listen.

"I mean, I'd love to go, but like... I probably can't go on my own. And I don't have a ship. So... yeah."

[member="Celiana"]

Smiling at Auteme saying that it was my choice I looked at her and then to the holocron. Pressing my hand against the cool, dark marble of the vault I reached out with The Force and activated a hidden switch beneath the floor. A case emerged up through the black marble and came to a rest. Looking at the holocron I said "A warning Rendili...you try to influence the padawan or manipulate her I will reduce your holocron to nothing but a memory. You've been warned...." I picked up on a feeling of uneasiness from Auteme... however I couldn't determine the source. There were plenty of spirits in these holocrons and that's exactly why I'd gotten the case.

The avatar of the holocron bowed and vanished from view, picking the holocron up I resealed it and placed it within the confines of the case. Turning back to look at the pedestal I recorded that I'd removed a holocron for study and walked to be in line with Auteme carrying the case holding the holocron inside. "In terms of going on your own the Masters would have my sabers if I allowed that. No you'll be traveling with me aboard my ship, I think you'll enjoy the accommodations." Waving open the vault doors with a flick of The Force I gestured for Auteme to leave first and after she had I left and placing my hand against the door I resealed the holocron vault.

Turning to look at Auteme I said "To the hangar then eh padawan Auteme?" Somehow I thought Auteme would enjoy the accommodations aboard The Morrigan...

"That's not very..." Her protest trailed off quickly. It wasn't very what? Very Jedi-like of the Knight? Celiana had already proven herself as a rather unorthodox sort of Jedi. Still, shouldn't they all strive to be kind and ethical? Threatening anyone seemed rather immoral. The Holocron hadn't done anything that would warrant that kind of response... well, maybe it was talking to Celiana as well? If it even was the Holocron that was talking. It was entirely possible that the Holocron was sending messages to both of them. Even if it was, threatening the avatar wasn't very nice, but the Knight had already proven to be intimidating enough, so Auteme didn't try to object.

The padawan followed quietly along with the Knight. She hadn't traveled too much since joining the Silver Jedi -- after all, their archives were the best. There was little reason to leave, so she'd never actually gone to the hangar. Some might have a penchant for studying starships, but the metal and mechanisms were less interesting to Auteme than the beauty of nature and the Force.

The hangar was still as beautiful as the rest of the Silver Rest, though with all the different ships she didn't much know where to go. "Which one's yours?" She asked.

[member="Celiana"]

I sensed....disapproval from the padawan. Probably a reaction to my....ethical behavior. Jedi weren't supposed to be like me....Jaded, rogue-like, dark. Then again.....most Jedi mentioned in the great stories died. Either through old age, war, some calamity or the other. I was....pragmatic. If survival meant being a tad jaded and more rogue than the rest of the Masters and Knights well...there was a reason The Council tolerated my behavior. I got results, most of which involved keeping younglings safe during the multiple invasions of Kasshyyyk and other Jedi-controlled worlds.

Speaking as we took the lift down to the hangars I looked towards Auteme and said "You disagree with my behavior padawan Durren? Perhaps...my seeming rudeness to the avatar of the holocron?" Pausing as we reached the hangar I bent down and looked into her eyes. "Auteme if you find my behavior towards the holocron's avatar rude I can understand that. However my rudeness is actually incredible caution.... Releasing the Force Illusion over my eyes I looked at hers again. This time she'd see my eyes for what they really were. Purple eyes flecked with gold and crimson almost swirling with the currents of both Light and Dark sides of The Force in my eyes. "Auteme I understand how the stories make Jedi out to seem....heroes, diplomats, scholars. I however became a Knight during war....my eyes....that's the result of having been possessed by a dark side spirit on Malachor V. Briefly possessed I might add. It left this as a physical alteration....."

Rising I sighed and said "Knowledge from holocrons can be very valuable however as a rogue Jedi, and for a time Sith. This avatar is exceedingly dangerous, I'm sure you felt something in the vault as well. Whether for good or ill. These artifacts are not to be trusted because some of them seek to return to the realm of the living. They'll promise and barter, power or knowledge or whatever appeals to the person they try to entrap. My warning is this... treat these artifacts cautiously...Rudeness to you is me setting boundaries with someone I have little knowledge of and someone who may try to influence you. Also, don't be afraid to question elders or those who have a higher rank it is after all part of growing and learning wisdom." I walked as I talked and soon enough we arrived at a seemingly vacant spot in the hangar. Tapping a few controls on my gauntlet The Morrigan de-cloaked and looking at her I said this is my ship...The Morrigan.

Well... Auteme wasn't one to interrupt when someone else was talking. Sure, the eyes thing was weird, particularly because it made her realize that Celiana had been influencing her mind this entire time without her permission -- she knew enough about mind tricks and Force illusions. Now that she realized what was happening, the Knight's eyes didn't change from their odd, purple-gold-crimson pigmentation. Maybe the woman had a point. She was speaking from experience, after all. Being controlled, possessed, was probably an incredibly scarring experience; the sort of thing that would continue to guide one's actions far into the future.

Out of fear, or experience? Auteme understood the feeling, whatever the case.

The other Jedi was right, though. It was important to set boundaries with such beings; Celiana had more experience with Holocrons anyways. Before today, Auteme had never opened one, or even interacted with a Holocron's avatar. She trusted the Knight enough to keep her safe and guide them forward, but they had a long trip ahead of them -- enough time for Auteme to teach the woman some manners. Kindly, of course.

Ships normally brought back bad memories for her, but this one seemed nice and sturdy enough. She'd sensed that too big a space in the hangar had been empty -- and now it was filled by a small star frigate. Why it was cloaked inside the hangar she'd likely never understand, but it didn't much matter. "That's a very nice ship," she said, knowing her knowledge of such things was very limited. She did know that ships of this size couldn't be crewed by two people under normal circumstances, though. "Uh, are there other people aboard? Or is it automated? Or... do you operate it using the Force or something?" Her curious side was showing again. The teenager studied the ship as she walked towards its landing ramp.

Celiana Celiana

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom