Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What lays ahead

Appearance: Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Vera didn't say anything and just sniffed a few times while she began to calm down. With her parents comforting her together, she more easily found the strength to stop crying, and after a moment, Valery leaned back to see her smiling just a little again,
"Will you scare the bad people away?" Vera asked as she looked up at her father, whose eyes met Valery's.

As much as this situation scared Valery, she wanted to be strong for her family,
"Daddy and I will never let anything bad happen to you, sweetie." She looked at Kahlil again, stepped closer, and placed a hand on his shoulder. Whatever it was that Vera had seen, it was going to require them to do something, at some point.

But they both knew there was a lot to figure out still.

"Mommy will show you how you can control those things you see — it's going to be okay." Vera just nodded and looked around for her teddy, which she picked up and hugged to her chest. With her little bear at her side, she then sat down again and looked at all her drawings. That quickly made the little girl smile.

"I think we have to start moving a bit faster with our plans, love," Valery said as she joined Kahlil and watched Vera return to her drawings, "But where do we start?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

For as strong as he wanted to be, Kahlil found he couldn't. The thought that there was a darkness out there that was hoing to hurt Vera, that the peaceful life he longed for her to have where he didn't could be shattered. Would be shattered. Visions in the Force always came to be, in one way or another. His gaze stayed on Valery's. Fear and sorrow. It was all he had till she spoke.

Then he nodded, looked back to Vera with a smile. No, Vera was scared. He couldn't be. Not yet.

As Vera went back to her art he deflated, leaning over against Valery. Letting himself think. What could they do?

"We need to talk to a Jedi. One who's impartial. We're far too involved to decide anything without their input."

Valery stood while Kahlil leaned into her, and her hands moved around his face and to the top of his head. Much like him, she was stuck deep in thought about the whole situation. That Vera was going to be Force-sensitive and struggle with some things was to be expected, but she was still so young, and teaching her how to control something as powerful as visions...

"We need to talk to a Jedi. One who's impartial. We're far too involved to decide anything without their input."

She looked down and let out a soft sigh, "I... am not sure. I agree that other Jedi need to play a role in her training, and perhaps someone else should help her control her visions. But it's impossible for a Jedi to interpret the visions of another," Valery said with a more somber tone of voice. "When I worked with the Seers back in the day, they could offer some advice, but the interpretation was always up to whoever received them."

Valery frowned, clearly a bit torn up about the whole thing.

"Vera is too young to understand everything she sees, but if she helps us see, we can understand them. Through our bond with each other, and the one we have with her." She looked at Vera, who was back in her own little world again and smiled. "But right now, we don't have anything to act on, so I think we should focus on her learning to control the visions. Once they reveal more, we can try to do something." Valery then tightened her hug on her husband a little for her own comfort and sighed again.

"I do know one Seer I could try to contact. I only know him because of his work, but he might be willing to help if I explain our situation. Until then.... we shouldn't be afraid to live. Find our new home and do what we can to get by, hm?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We're her parents, Val. Even if we see what she can, no, especially because we can, we can't figure this out on our own. We can teach her, but what we saw.." He shook his head. Glanced to Vera. No, they were the last two that could help her with the vision. No, wait. Kahlil let out a sigh, giving Valery a tired smile. No, that's exactly what Valery was saying. He leaned up, kissing her cheek gently.

"Right. Just.. New home. Todays your birthday anyway. What do you want? Dinner I mean, I'll cook you something great."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I know," she said, seeing his tired smile. Valery just smiled warmly in return and closed her eyes as he leaned up to kiss her cheek. "I'll get us help so Vera can learn to control it and figure it out. But once we know enough...." she paused and there was that typical spark in her eyes she had whenever her protective side kicked in. "...I will do what I must to protect our family. Getting help where we need it is one thing, but I'm not just going to sit by and do nothing. Whatever it is we saw, it targets us as well, and we'll deal with it together, as we always do."

Of course, she understood that there was going to be a lot to figure out, a lot to do. But at the end of the day, this threatened not just Vera, but them as well, and she'd never accept anybody taking the heat for her. She'd only accept help to figure things out. But they were on the same page about that, and this wasn't the right time to focus on that anyway.

"Right. Just.. New home. Todays your birthday anyway. What do you want? Dinner I mean, I'll cook you something great."

"Hmm..." she smiled again. The idea of having dinner being made for her was nice, "I don't know, something simple? I'd like to just sit down with you and hug on the couch," she said with pleading puppy eyes. "I'll also take a message later if that's on the table, though. As a birthday gift~"

Kahlil_Div2.png

The lingering worry was still there. It'd likely never fade. Kahlil's only want in life was for his family to have a safe life. Him and Valery might not, given their profession, but their children. He just wanted them safe. Then, he laughed. His eyes lingered on Valery's for a moment, watching the pleading expression before he simply nodded. Yeah, that he could do. "Massage and cuddles maybe after Vera goes to sleep for the night. Though I suppose I could spoil you with some cuddles now, given it's your birthday and all."

He teased slightly, leaning down to kiss the top of her head before glancing back to Vera.

"I'll give you everything you want today, love."

"That would be nice," Valery smiled warmly at the kiss against her forehead and stepped forward for a moment, her arms wrapping around his waist for a hug. Vera was still down at their feet, drawing and playing — she was in her own little world despite what had happened. But Valery couldn't move on from it so easily, and it was always in these moments with him that she found her strength again. Everything was going to be alright... they had already gotten through so much.

"I'll give you everything you want today, love."

"Everything, hm?" she leaned back and looked up into his eyes with a playful smirk, "I have ideas... but later." Yeah, Vera would have to be sleeping first, but there was plenty they could do together now as well. "Let's cook something nice and just relax on the couch together? Vera can play in the living room or if she wants to be alone here, that's fine too."

She paused for a moment and smiled. An idea had sparked in her mind. "Maybe we can talk a little bit more about our pasts? Outside of what you've seen through our shared dreams and visions, we haven't talked about it all that much."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Sharing pasts? Kahlil again turned his gaze towards Vera before letting out a sigh. It wasn't a bad idea, he was just.. Hesitant about some of the details with such young ears. Though Vera seemed pretty engrossed in her drawing. Probably drawing the vision, if he had to hazard a guess. He nodded to Valery before standing up. Casually lifting the Jedi Master in his arms to carry her out of Vera's room.

"Mom and Dad are gonna go to the living room. You wanna come with or stay here?"

Whatever the answer, Kahlil would carry his wife all the way to the couch before plopping down.

"Where would you like to start?"

With a smile, Valery watched Kahlil get up... before he lifted her off her feet. Her eyes widened, and she playfully chuckled as her arms wrapped around his neck so she could hold on a little. She always loved it when he carried her like this, and Vera seemed to find it quite hilarious too, judging by her sudden giggling.

"Don't drop mommy!" she called out before she looked up at her dad, "I'm going to play here with Eddie for now," she said, which meant the two parents had a moment alone in the living room.

When they reached the couch, he plopped down and she stayed in his lap, cuddled up, and with a loving smile turned to him,
"Hmm, good question. You've seen a decent bit of my past, so let's start with yours. Maybe what it was like growing up when you were still very young yourself?" she asked. Valery knew this wasn't an easy topic at all, but there was nothing the two couldn't share between them.

Their bond already had them experience each other on a deep level, so this was hardly any different.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't have any good tales from my past. I was an outcast among my siblings, but because I guess they knew? Mm. Joyce, killed Kahlil. The origianl. I was made as a clone to become my father's vessel. I never knew love or affection, just terror that no matter what I did I wouldn't be deemed worthy enough to be allowed to exist." He shrugged his shoulders, smiling faintly to Valery.

"Until we started to fall in love, at least."

Valery hadn't expected any of his stories to be about fond memories, but what he told her was still a bit... surprising. He was a clone? Valery looked at him for a moment, but she quickly offered him a smile in return. He didn't seem bothered by the fact, and she certainly wasn't either. She had fallen deeply in love with him, they had a powerful bond, and now they had a family as well. He wasn't just a clone without purpose or the inner feelings of someone who wasn't cloned.

"That sounds awful, but you came out on top in the end, and well... I can't imagine life without you anymore," she smiled softly and nuzzled into him a little. "Did you ever have friends or other people who made life a bit easier? Before you met me, that is." He likely knew it as well, but he had given her life as much purpose and joy as she did with his. Without him, she would have never adjusted to her stasis as well as she had now, and she definitely wouldn't have been as happy now.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Well, yeah. Kelsie Sylvan Kelsie Sylvan . She's the only way I even left the Sith. She gave me a home, taught me how to fly, how to run a freighter. How to smuggle. I owe everything to her." He laughed after a moment, rubbing at the back of his neck. "Not that I've been very good at keeping up with her. Or anyone else. Ingrid you met at least, though I haven't talked to her in a long time. There's also Syd Celsius Syd Celsius . .. I should really reach out to her. She was one of the few Jedi I trusted back when I started out. Ah, I really should reach out to them, shouldn't I?"

Especially Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . After everything that happened with his father, he never did talk to her. The trial, the execution. Everything. He closed his eyes, pulling Valery closer. "I've been pretty lucky, all things considered."

Valery smiled and remained quiet while she listened to him,
"Maybe, but it's not easy to keep up these days. If we're not out there as Jedi, we have a daughter to raise as well," she said while she felt his arms around her tightening a little. "I haven't really been able to keep up with my friends either, but... I suppose that's just life, hm?" Most of them had their own things going on, and problems to solve. So it's not really like it was just on them for not keeping up all the time.

"Ingrid is one I'd prefer us to be careful with though. There is a lot happening there and well, she's not as trustworthy as she might seem to be." Especially not with the information she was given just prior to her preparations for Tython. But right now, all of that didn't really matter — she just leaned into Kahlil again and smiled.

"I feel very lucky with you as well. You've seen some things about my past, and well... life wasn't always easy for me either. You really changed all of that, and not just with the appearances in my dreams or... whatever those shared memories were." She chuckled and looked up into his eyes for a moment.

"Sometimes I think I ended up in that stasis pod just so I could meet you and fall in love,"

Kahlil_Div2.png

His brow furrowed for a moment as he watched Valery. But he said nothing. If she thought something was remise, well. There weren't any he could say he trusted more. But.. It wasn't a topic. Not for today. Instead, Kahlil smiled, leaned over to press a soft kiss to her forehead. "I don't think that was the plan exactly, but I'm glad that's how it turned out regardless. There's no one I'd rather be with."

"Hey, some say the Force works in mysterious ways," she chuckled and kept her eyes focused on him. "It makes me happy to hear that, though," she said as she leaned into the kiss against her forehead. Without any doubt, she felt the exact same way about him — being with him was the best feeling in the Galaxy.

For a moment, her hand came up to his scarred cheek and she'd let her thumb gently trace over it,
"Would you want to go back to Panatha with me someday?" she asked, not entirely sure how he'd feel about it. "You wanted to take me there a long time ago, but we were attacked in the streets by your father. Or well... part of him?" She blinked.

"Maybe I can take you to my homeworld in return. I've not actually been there since I left as a child, so it could be interesting," she then paused a moment and smiled sheepishly, "I also don't want this to feel like some interrogation... if you want to move on to other topics or have questions for me, well... ask away."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Going back to Panatha? Kahlil frowned. "The.. Echo, is my father. Both are. Two halves of the same person. Carnifex, emotionless. Demiurge, not so much. A make shift Dyad, I think. It's.. Unsettling." But to go back to Panatha? He closed his eyes, thinking it over. Even as just a clone of a prince, it was still home. "Perhaps. I'm not sure when, or if it'll ever be safe. But I want Vera to know that part of her. The Epicanthix are a proud and beautiful people. Just because of the Zambrano, they get a bad name. I still want to fix that."

This time, it was Valery's turn to lean in closer, and she placed a gentle kiss against his cheek,
"I know, love, and I agree — she should see the planet her father came from when it's safe, so likely when she's older. But one day, I think it would be good for the three of us." Right now, it was too dangerous and risky, especially for Vera. There was a chance that would never change as well, but she wanted to keep that hope there. Both for her daughter and for her husband, who still had that desire for things to be different for his people.

"We could always bring her to Keshi, and introduce her to the people there. I've never had a connection to the planet or really felt... Keshian. But she might want to see more than I did." Valery then paused for a moment, and something changed as she thought about one other place. But with a shake of her head, she cleared that from her mind and looked back at him.

"Not a lot of other places tied to my past, I'm afraid. I was always kind of stuck in one place..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm.. Whatever places you have to offer are probably better than mine. I guess we could take Vera to the ruined remains of the Academy on Korriban, if you reaally want to." He was full on teasing her at this point, not wanting to let the melancholy linger any longer than it had. Kahlil even reached up to ruffle her hair before leaning more comfortably back in his seat, letting his eyes close.

"Keshi would be nice, though. Don't you have a Padawan that's Keshain too?"

"Very funny..." she chuckled at his teasing, but the second his hand settled on her head and began to ruffle through her hair, she began to laugh, "Hey! You have no idea how much effort it takes to make my hair look good..." she faked a bit of grumbling but ended up looking at him with a large, playful smirk of her own.

"But you're right, Keshi might be an option at some point. I could see if Iris wants to come along too, although I'm not sure if she cares much about going there." Valery then smiled and allowed her hand to shift over his torso, "Another time though, I think I might show you something else first. After I've gotten my massage and we've taken a few days to rest."

She smirked at him, "We also have to find a new place for our home, and I have an idea about how we can find it. Vera is going to be our guide for it."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"So much to do, so little time." He clicked his tongue before grinning. Winking, even. No matter how much time this all took, it'd be worth it. For Valery. For Vera. Himself. He pulled Valery onto his lap, casually cuddling with her as he closed his eyes all over again.

"We'll take it step by step. Massage first, after dinner."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom