Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is Your 'Character Pet Peeve'?

JanesBatter

Zenith of Bakers
As the title suggests, what is your character pet peeve? This can go anywhere from development, recycling actions, or some OOC things such as color coding or breaking the fourth wall.

I personally dislike when both myself and others try too hard to make a character perfect.

Every FU claiming they are the most powerful user, descendant of a powerful FU family, or the most feared in the 'verse.No, you are not. Its going to take threads on top of threads to get there and even then its not guaranteed.

That just drives me nuts everytime I see it.

Mine is probably the Mary Sue/male equivalent characters. "Oh, I'm a really gifted slicer and force user and clairvoyant and gunman and swordsman and animal whisperer and I just know everything and can do everything and everybody loves me but my weakness is puppies".

...No. Just no.

Another peeve of mine is when someone doesn't have a particular skill listed but then magically it appears right when they need it. I'm not talking about a former street art who is decent at picking locks, or Someone who sort of knows their way around guns - if it's a skill related to past experience, but isn't fully developed or explored except one or two times, I can live with that. I've done it. But I'm talking about someone who's character doesn't have ANY experience or prior knowledge of handling something, yet all of the sudden their character is an expert in that field. Like if Suzy Sunshine has never handled a gun in her life, but the one time she picks one up she's able to headshot all of the bad guys without receiving a single scratch.

Hell no. Even my marksman-ish characters miss, or hit the wrong target, or bleed. Sometimes all at once.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

That too, though a few of them actually aren't too bad. It's when things start getting ridiculous that I shake my cane.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"I'm a 21 year old supermodel/ Jedi Padawan. But my Sith Lightning is Master Level. Because reasons. Huehuehue."

"I own Tier 11 Beskar full-plate and 3 Lightsabers of exotic make. But I don't own a starship and can't eat food because I'm poor."

"I need a Master" ...*waits 2 weeks. Still has 0 posts. Hasn't joined a single open thread... "But, why will no one RP with me?"

"Hey guys. I just started a minor faction today. It allows anybody to join. For any reason. With no real goals in mind. But, I'm the leader, kay?"

"Your Jedi has only two choices. Either you dodge the grenade and fall into the lava. Or you dodge the lava and fall into my grenade. This is just how PvP works, kay. So can you please edit your post."

"I'm subbing new units to the Factory. Because the last 10,000 faction projects we subbed in the past three months are so, like, OLD. Am I right?"

"So we just became a Major Faction and people are already Invading us? OMG. This is so unfair. We don't want to defend our territory? It's ours! We just want the planets and massive fleets, kay? Admins help us. Life's not fair."

*...Watches a new character profile get posted. It's a female character... "Hey gurl. We should RP." "Hey gurl. Let's skype." "Hey gurl. You should join the Sith with me." "Hey gurl. Like your species. Want to party?"

"My character is 10,000 years old. So... He clearly knows everything. Nothing surprises them and I get every cultural reference in the galaxy, ever. Been there bishes. Done that. Because immortality is so yesterday."

"I want to sub a new species to the Codex. It will be like Naruto. Like... A straight rip of Naruto. I'll title it, Oturan. Which is just Naruto spelled backwards. Oh! And it will have ninjas. Duh."

"What! That other Major Faction has just subbed Triple-Redundant Molecular Viscous Dubstep-Shielding? ...Well. I'm going to sub Quad-Redundant Quantum Plasmatic Hyper-Disco-Shielding!! ...F yeah!"

"Hey all. I'm the new FO of the Galactic Republic Faction. This will go great right!?" *...Statistically... No... No it won't...

I could go on. I really, really could. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom