Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is found in the smeltwaters [GR Dominion for Taboon]

Objective C
Post 1/20

Beckett gripped the rail on the catwalk overlooking the command deck as he thought of what the enemy's first move would be. They still weren't in effective range yet, so there was time to address the fleet. "Lieutenant, Open a channel to all ships, have them relay this message. " Wrath began as he gathered a deep breath before beginning "This war has brought us pain, suffering and loss...But its also brought us together, as soldiers, allies and friends. The enemy will show us no mercy, and in turn we must give them no quarter. They will terrorize our population, we must stand fast in the face of this terror. They will not stop untill everything we stand for fails, but we shall not fall. Each of us will be defined by our actions in the coming battle, Stand Fast, Stand Strong, and Stand together. Captain Wrath Out." He signaled for the Lieutenant to cut the transmission. It would only be a few more minutes before they reached effective weapon range. The siren's rang, signalling the transition from general alert to battle stations. Crew scurried about, each going to their assigned place, a grim, determined look on each of their faces. "Initiate Attack Formation Omega-3 " He ordered and the fleet moved , changing courses so that the heavier ships would provided a stronger frontal line while the more heavily armed but more voulnerable bombardment ships stayed back to begin launching their torpedo barrages upon the enemy. Today would be a Red Day, just as naval tradition demanded.

Objective C
Post 2/20

The two fleets collided, announced by the shrill whine of Turbolaser Batteries going off, the rumbling of concussion missiles impacting against shields and hull and the images of starfighteres ducking and diving in their intricate dance of death between the larger ships. "Their Light Cruisers are trying to flank us from the asteroid field, Relegate Baker and Charlie Squadrons to intercept. Gunnery crews focus fire on that Aggressor-Class , Kark Someone get that fire on level 3 out. Rerout power to the front deflector shields" Beckett ordered, trying to control the entire flow of battle at once. "Are The 3rd and 4th Destroyer Divisions in place to beginn their assault on the station? Excellent. Send the order for the Marines to board their Transports and stand by for the order to Assault and capture the Enforcer One"

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="CT-3817"] @Weiss @2-1B 35

We can not reach the objective. I repeat, we can not reach the objective!"

Krenis stood as the call echoed through his comms. Karking droids. He almost fell to his knees in frustration, but something sparked in him. Something that had been dormant for a long time, the thing that gave him the name, long ago, of Captain Fury. He forced himself onwards, calculating odds and strategies. Those blasters sounded very familiar through the comm. Droidekas. Old school terrifying, but easy enough to handle when done properly. He activated the comm.

"Captain Weiss, this is Captain Skirata, the deflector shields can not stop slow-moving objects. Distract them and get close enough to roll detonators through the shield." He considered a moment. "If any clone troops have been released from cryo yet, have them do it. We're excellent at that. ARC, out."

Time for a different strategy.

"ARC teams, new objective. Head directly to cryo facilities and secure them. I'll take the mainframe alone."

"Captain, that's ill advised," His lieutenant replied, "You're outnumbered."

Krenis smiled. Of course he would be, but this what he was created for.

"I've been fighting droids like these since long before your distant ancestors were born, Lieutenant. Protect my brothers."

The teams of these new ARCs would split from their routes, and shoot, stab, and detonate their way through the hallways and ventilation shafts to get to the cryo chambers. Krenis hurried forward, shoving past a crumpled droid as the automated defenses went down. Unfortunately droids had been programmed to operate independently. He needed to find a tactical droid or some other commander. Unless they could find some sort of massive EMP weapon to disable the entire facility.

He broke into a jog through the corridor, rifle held to his shoulder as he made his way through, charting his progress on the HUD.

Objective C Capture the Enforce one And Destroy the Space Station/ Objective D Eliminate The New Enemy
Post 3/20

"Boarding teams are Away Captain, Enemy fleet diminished to 60% of Original. We have suffered 7% Losses as you predicted Sir" The tactical officer called out to Beckett. "Excellent....Order the feigned retreat...We'll catch these fools betwen Our Divisions and the 3rd and 4th, they'll never know what hit them" He said, a predatory grin on his face as he surveyed the battle map. All was going according to plan......Until the reinforcements arrived. "SIR! Scanners indicate that a new enemy fleet has entered the system, their iff signals Identify them as part of the pirate fleet.What are you orders?" The officer manning the scanners asked, his voice filled with panic. "All ships form up We've received word of new enemies incoming. Don't fear men, they are rabble. Thrusters to maximum, bring us about face. We'll take them head on, break their morale and send them scurrying for their holes" He said waving a hand forward as if to make his will manifest. Losses were stacking up more rapidly, and they we're down an entire fifth of their forces before they managed to reorient for this new threat. The Enemy had them outnumbered nearly two to one. Sabastian's expert tactical use of his ships however saved many lives in the ensuing battle, as he used a system of ship rotation to balance the damage between his ships and prevent any complete losses. Slowly the fight swung back in their direction.

Objective C/Objective D
Post 4/20

The battle was hard pressed for both sides, but eventually thorugh valoure, bravery and tactical superiority the republic fleet finally managed to beat back the pirate fleet. The total losses for the republic were far harsher than expected, an entire 35% of the fleet had been destroyed, but they had neutralized four times that number in pirate Vessels before the cowardly vermin turned tail and ran. "All remaining ships report scanners clear sir. We've done it. We've won" One of the bridge officers exclaimed. "Give me a damage report Ensign. And dispatch shuttles with engineers to those ships that need it, this may not be our last engagement this day." Sabastian said, his gaze now fixed on the Hologram of the station that had been pulled up in the center of the Combat Information Center. A singled red blip was on it, displaying the boarding team's location. They would have to fight through the facility in order to capture the Enforcer One, a difficult task, but he knew his men were up to the task.

Objective C (I'll be bypassing most of it since I cant really do much)
5/20

Beckett and the bridge crew were silent as they watched the boarding team's progress through the station with rapt attention. There was a startled gasp from one of the Ensigns as the red blip faded without explanation. It stayed that way for what seemed an eternity, and Wrath was almost ready to declare them dead, when the blip reappeared in a completely different area of the station. Comms were completely out, meaning the many officers aboard the Justice were helpless to assist the boarding team. The blip steadily neared the Enforcer one, and it seemed the tension in the room increased with every second. Eventually as the situations seemed to become more dire, The boarding teemed rushed forward. Comms were restored as they entered the Enforcer One, and soon the remaining pirates were eliminated, and control was won for the Republic. It seemed the battle was over, until a massive amount of blips appeared at the edge of the tactical map. Beckett, a calm man who none had ever seen flustered pale at the sight. This new fleet outnumbered his own already weekend forces over 3 to 1. "This is Captain Wrath to ground forces...An enemy fleet has entered the sytem. Eta one hour until they are within weapon range. We are outnumbered, whatever you have left to do get it done. We're on a tight schedule now" He barked into his commlink

[member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Weiss"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Objective A
Post 9/20

"Roger that." Mantic shouted back at [member="Krenis Skirata"]

Not loosing one more second he rose and pointed toward the droidekas.

"Grenades! Now!"

Threee troopers acted like one as they followed their captains orders and threw themselves toward the lethal fire to get within throwing range. With one of them tumbling down into a meaty pile after being showered in the blasts the other two jumped forward and rolled over the cold metal floor tearing the safety off and throwing the grenade. Another trooper hit the floor with hits still hammering over his body. but the grenades were already airborne and twirled around in the air to finally drop down in front of the machines.

Ka-BOOM-BOOM

"Medic! NOW!" Rushing forward Weiss could see the droideka torn to pieces but at what cost. He hit the floor hard beside one of the soldiers tearing a med pack from his satchel.

"This is Captain Wrath to ground forces...An enemy fleet has entered the sytem. Eta one hour until they are within weapon range. We are outnumbered, whatever you have left to do get it done. We're on a tight schedule now"
[member="Beckett Wrath"] s voice sounded over the com.

Damnation! This entire operation was far worse then he had expected.
Even the fleet seemed to be running into problems. He managed to himself as he hit the bacta needle into the troopers chest.

Then he recalled seeing those AA outside the compound. Maybe... just maybe...

Objective: C
Location: Champion-class Star Destroyer Obi-Wan Kenobi, Taboon System
Allies: [member="Beckett Wrath"]
Enemies: (Pizza) Hutts

[ 1 / 20 ]

Admiral Quee stood at the front viewport of the Obi-Wan, idly watching the flowing lines of hyperspace as he contemplated his semblance of a life. Sometimes, he wondered if was becoming more of a droid as he complied to an almost slavish routine. But military life was rewarding in its own way. Still, he couldn't help but wonder what it must be like for the clone troopers they had discovered on the world's surface. A sole voice rose up from the crewpit.

"Entering the system...now..."

The flashing lines of hyperspace stopped and the prow of the Obi-Wan Kenobi cut into realspace, leading a small element of the admiral's "White Fleet". Gir's eyes immediately swept across the vast expanse of space, briefly eying the amber giant ball of Taboon before briefly settling on Vo Dasha. His blue eyes picked out the nearby glinting hulls of warships, both friendly and opposing. The slim man paced over to his command chair and settled in. Captain Nares strolled up to stand before him.

"Any updates?"

"More enemy ships arriving."

"And that's why we keep reserves," muttered the admiral, "let's launch all fighters and prepare to engage."

"Aye sir."

Across the admiral's small squadron, starfighters leapt out of their carriers. The admiral watched as a squadron of R46 Valiants screamed across his destroyers deck to establish a forward skirmish line. The admiral tapped in a few commands into his console, bringing up the sensor readouts of all of the ship's present. After briefly considering a few options, he relayed a few commands, placing the Obi-Wan Kenobi at the tip of a wedge-shaped formation of vessels that would intercept the new enemy starships.

Objective C
Post 6/20

"Sir! Allied ships are jumping in!" one of his bridge officers cried out, relief evident. "Open a comms channel. Admiral [member="Gir Quee"] A pleasure to see you sir. We're about to be under heavy Assault. I suggest we deploy our respective fleets in the Coruscant Gate formation, beggign the Admiral's leave that is" He spoke over the comm line connecting them. The Maneuver he spoke of would have the fleet deploy with it's lighter ships in the front, which would retreat behind the heavier ships once the enemy commited forces to attacking them. The enemy would often charge out wildly at the sights of the voulnerable ships seeming such easy prey, a strategy devloped by Wrath himself

[Post=6/20]

"Amnesty," the woman said. "I don't want to go off-planet. I'm not really a crime-lord. Think of me as a thief who does well. And you tell me what other choice I had. Because of the greedy leadership of my government, I lost my home. I was forced underground. At first, I stole to feed my family. Then I stole to feed other families. Then I needed a cut of what I stole in order to keep stealing. Then I needed a few others to help. Before I knew it I had a gang. I supply what people need to survive. Without me they'd be at the mercy of the true crim-elords. At least I am loyal to my planet. I am loyal to Taboon first, a criminal second. Amnesty shouldn't be hard to give."

"I think that can be arranged," Corvus agreed. "What else?"

"A promise," she said. "No doubt this new government will be already formed. Insiders will get the best jobs. I want to be part of that group."

"A moment," Corvus said. She stepped away to activate her comlink.

"Your request is granted. And in return, you are expected to cease criminal activities."

"Hold that comlink," the woman said. "I'm not doing anything until I'm sure you're going to succeed in taking Taboon."

"I don't think you're in a position to make demands," Corvus said. "You have to earn your amnesty by proving your loyalty to your homeworld. Didn't you just say you were a native of Taboon first, or am I mistaken? And if I were you, I'd want to make a generous gesture that will win you support later."

Enemies: Hutt Fleet

[ 2 / 20 ]

"Communication from Captain Wrath's ship sir," informed his communication's officer.

Gir read the suggestion. He had heard of the man, a former One Sith officer who had started to make a name for himself as a starship tactician. His command of the Justice seemed to reinforce that reputation, yet Gir did not feel that his men and ships were ready to act on that tactic; not because the Coruscant Gate tactic was without merit. Gir could appreciate any tactic that took advantage of an opponent's expectations, but it was not a tactic his men were drilled in yet. In his experience, a simple but well-executed plan usually worked better than an otherwise stellar plan with poor execution. Still, we can apply it here if the right people do it at the right time...

The admiral flipped a switch on his headset comlink, establishing a direct communication's link with the other Republic officer.

"Captain Beckett, this Admiral Quee. I think your plan has merit, but unfortunately, I do not feel that my men are yet ready to execute such a plan without more practice. Let us form two fronts, with the Justice and the rest of your command taking the right flank. The Obi-Wan and the rest of my ships will take the left side. As your ships execute the Coruscant Gate, I will attempt to swing my heavier vessels in a flanking attack that will hold the enemy vessels in position so that they cannot escape your trap."

Objective : C
Allies: [member="Gir Quee"]

Beckett smiled as he listened to the admiral's orders, it would completely demolish the enemy's fleet, while keeping their own losses to a minimal, his preffered type of offensive. "Roger that Admiral, We'll create the Gate, and your ships will close it, so to speak" Captain Wrath said, before muting his commlink so he could issue orders to his bridge crew, which in turn relayed it throughout the smaller fleet of ships sorrounding the Justice, it seemed all would go well, untill one of his heavy cruisers burst into flames "SIR!" One of the officers monitoring the scanners shouted "The enemy capital ship has a Incinerator-Class Plasma Railgun mounted, our ships will barely be able to withstand a shot from that with their shield's at maximum, let alone in the state we're in." Wrath chewed his lip as he debated the next course of action. It would be roughly two minutes before the railgun could fire again, but it would take quite a while longer than that before the allied fleet would get there, there was only one Solution. "Full power ahead, bring us on a direct course toward that destroyer. Give the order to the weapon crews, , Ignore regular firing intervals and tell them not to stop firing till they see the glow of our barrels " He said, his clear voice carrying well to the officers around him, who hurried to follow his orders. "But sir what about the risks of syste...." One of his crew began. "Damn the risks! If we don't act we'll loose countless lives to that thing. I think the republic will understand if we end up warping the barrels or causing a little damage to the circuitry "

[ 3 / 20 ]

Gir eyed the tactical map as the fleets maneuvered in their clash. There was always seemed to be a certain amount of jockeying between various ships and their commanders during this phase as each vessel moved to enter what they believed to be the optimum position. Even the strictest discipline with the most detailed formation instructions couldn't fully halt that trend. Gir watched as a single Hutt DP-20 made a headlong charge with its guns blazing towards the Republic fleet. Emotion can be an interesting drive for a captain and a ship...capable of taking them to extradionary heights of success and glory, if it is done at the right moment...but this is not one of those times...Captain Lod turned his oval-like eyes to the admiral, but Gir shook his head as he glanced at the scrawling lines of numbers indicating the various ranges between the vessels.

"Hold..." muttered the admiral under his breath.

Gir highlighted the DP-20 on his tactical screen as he continued to watch the number. And...now. He tapped a single button. Finally in range of all of the admiral's warships, the Hutt warship suddenly came under the fire of almost a countless number of thunderous turbolasers, ion cannons, warheads, and more exotic weapons employed by the Republic fleet. Gir watched as the intense fire almost instantly crushed the ship's shields in fiery swathes of orange and red. Microseconds later, the warship disintegrated into billions of dust particles that continued on the course that her captain had once sent. The remains on a 5 million credit warship and almost a hundred souls surged forward to wash up against the Obi-Wan Kenobi's hull. Almost instantly, the remains dispersed against its white hull into the nothingness of vacuum.

"With that vessel gone..." started the duros captain.

"We can close the gate per se," agreed the blonde man, "let's swing it shut."

The left flank of the admiral's squadron began to swing shut towards Captain Beckett's ships...

[Post=7/20]

Corvus held her gaze.

"All right," the woman agreed at last. "I'll do it."

She moved off to speak into her comlink. "One down," Corvus murmured.

But Corvus knew she’d have to move fast to keep the woman’s loyalty. She knew she’d have to neutralise the other players here, and fast.

Once the woman returned, Corvus spoke again ”Help me infiltrate Acca's camp," she said. She knew the Hutt to be the main crime boss on the moon. "If I know Hutts, I won't be able to bargain the way I did with you. She won't willingly agree to vacate the planet. I'll have to find the flaw in her organisation, some way to smash it, or at least make things too difficult for her to stick around. That means I’ll have to get right in the middle of things and see how they're done."

"I can certainly give you the location of Decca's headquarters," the woman said. "That is no problem. And your awesome Jedi skills would no doubt allow you to smuggle yourself in," she added.

Corvus just waited.

Objective A
Post 10/20

"Thats a negative. the 313th will remain on prime objective." The cold voice ordered calmly.

Weiss grimaced and pulled off his head set for a minute. Around him things had settled down. But it was only a chimer, more droids would arrive soon.

"Alright, platoon listen in!" he rose and bellowed.

"We need to get to that cryo room ASAP. Give something to tear down that doorway now and prepare heavy ammunition. Those tin cans wont let us walse in there without protest."

He had wanted to get out of here. To somehow assist the fleet who seemed to be in a bucket load of crap. He knew those AAs outside might have done some good. But then, he was a soldier and would follow orders. The cryo chambers were prio one of course and he hoped those inside was still alive.
Weiss checked his weapon and turned to overlook the men setting up explosives on the blaster proof door that separated them from the interior.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Beckett Wrath"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="CT-3817"] [member="2-1B 35"]
[member="Dagos Nasscar"] [member="Beckett Wrath"] [member="Captain Keeli"] [member="oddball"] [member="Willam forlon"]

Objective C
Post 8/20

Allies: [member="Gir Quee"]

As the 'gate' Swung shut Beckett turned his eyes to the remaining battlefield. The enemy would be demolished, but perhaps there was a way to avoid any unnecesarry loss of life. He turned to the comms officer "Lieutenant" He begann to speak. "Put me on all ranges and frequencies. I want every one of their captains to hear me. " He ordered as he stood from his command chair, casting a more imposing figure for the holocam image that would be transmitted to the enemy. "Enemies of the Republic Hear me. Do Not persist in this,for you shall surely die. The Republic's Finest stand against you, you cannot hope to win. It's soldiers will strike you down, It's warmachines burn you in their wake. It's Gun's will bring the very hulls of your ships crashing down around you. " It wasn't much but, gods permitting, it would be enough to push the demoralized enemy to a final surrender, saving countless lives in the process.

[ 4 / 20 ]

The admiral listened to Captain Wrath's announcement intently. It's been awhile since I've heard such humanity on the battlefield...He watched as what appeared to be a modernized Ajuur-class heavy cruiser cease firing on the Republic forces. He narrowed his eyes. Is it surrendering? Or is it a ruse? That was a modern quandary that the admiral believed only a Jedi would be able to solve easily. Salvos of turbolaser fire from the Obi-Wan Kenobi battered down the shields of a hapless Batil-class Gunship. The shields burned bright yellow before dissolving under the intense fire in a shower of sparks. The admiral rapidly typed in a few commands. Turbolaser fire from the Obi-Wan slackened to a halt, only for the ship's ion cannons to raise their rate of fire. Bolt after bolt slammed into the target, causing blue lightning to coalesce and crack across its hull. Sections of the vessel went dark as the ionic attack knocked out power generators and fried electrical circuits. Outgoing weapons fire from the Hutt warship halted quicker than a tauntaun colliding into a rancor.

"What are we going to do with it?" asked Lod, observing their stricken enemy.

Gir's eyes seemed to briefly gloss over as he reconsidered his options once more.

"If they do not surrender, we will board and capture the ship and its crew. It's a question of if they want to do this the hard way...or the easy way..."

[Post=8/20]

"I can see that you are looking for more from me," the woman said.

"Which you already promised," Corvus said. "Unless you'd like to take this up with the Provisional Committee."

“No. Don't think I'd want to do that. Maybe there is a way to get you inside. There's a revel tonight."

"A revel?" Corvus asked.

"Acca won a skirmish today with Treeker," Swanny said. “There is always a big party after so the gang can celebrate. Food, drink, music... and that's where you and I come in. I just have one question."

Corvus waited.

"Can you sing?" she asked. “My band plays at many of the revels. If we show up at this one, they would assume that someone from the gang had booked us. We would be taking a chance, but not a very big one."

Corvus was handed a vioflute.

"Just fake it," she told her. "I'm so good no one will notice you can't play."

Objective A
Post 11/20

There intel on the droid army had been completely off. While it had all been calculated to be a swift clean and sweep operation the numbers were wrong.
New droid units appeared around every corner and each meter was taken at the cost of sweat, blood and tears.

Weiss threw away a spray of fire around the next corner. Then he pressed his back to the wall to await his weapon to cool down. As it did it also gave him a breather to catch up with the men in his unit.

Fatigued, spread thin and moving with less speed. Weiss bit his lip, this might even become a loss if they did not act change strategy, or...

He pulled free his com and opened a channel to command.

"This is Captain Weiss of the 313th. The time schedule is broken and several units are suffering heavy losses. Recommend reinforcement to be dispatched asap. I repeat, heavy losses, reinforcement is necessary to maintain time schedule."

he turned off the com and leaned around the corner to send a second flurry of shots at the droid barricades down the hall.

[member="DS-772"]
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Beckett Wrath"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="CT-3817"] [member="2-1B 35"] [member="Dagos Nasscar"] [member="Beckett Wrath"] [member="Captain Keeli"] [member="oddball"] [member="Willam forlon"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJ06YqytYM
Objective A
Post 1/20

"This is Scion. We Copy Commander" These were all the words DS-772 Needed to galvanize his men into action. Each efficiently loaded up into the transport. Within a quarter hour they were all boarded onto dropships and headed planetside.

When they hit the facility Scion squad made short work of the clones that had blockaded the entrace to protect from reinforcements. A Mix of rifles, shotguns, sharpshooter's rifles, grenades, chainguns and other assorted weaponry quickly eliminated their first hurdle.

THey made their way into the facility to assist [member="Weiss"] And his men with their objective. The CQC trained trenchgunners proved their work fighting in the narrow hallways and soon the allied squad appeared in range. "Scions Reads your Commander. On First Approach. How Copy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom