Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What hits do you know from the 70's-90's?

Xero

X
Most of this music has been forgotten, they are considered old or "retro". I myself have come to hate modern music, I detest it because it has no real rhythm, no real beat. So I thought I would start this game to see what was good back when our parent's were kids, there are no rules to this game just share a song that has NOT already been shared, it doesn't matter which country it is from if it was a hit, tell it to us.

This is a song called "Poi E" it is a Maori song from the country I come from (New Zealand) that was made in 1984 (I think) and was the top of the New Zealand charts for six months solid, I love it so much I even taught myself how to dance like the dude with the beard in the turquoise jersey, this was a hit back when my dad was 12.

If anyone can top the catchiness of that I will be surprised

I do not like today's music either, though I can't say that I know too many songs from that era that we are supposed to be posting from.

I can only say this song is my favorite. I always find it very calming, not sure if anyone else likes it. I doubt if it were really a hit. But it touched me and I thought I would share it.

Also this one was pretty fun. The movie even had a cult following for a time.

I haven't listened to a whole lot of music, outside of movies and television shows of the time, but I do enjoy what I hear from mostly older eras.

I like most music from the 60s through to the 90s and not much of it after that. I'm a massive Beatles nut and my favourite song is American Pie. Yes, I'm a nerd. That probably should have been evident from the Star Wars roleaplying site.

I like all music, you just have to know what to look for. There is modern music out there with great, fantastic songs and some with very much retro vibes such as Wolfmother. Though a song I know and love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9_ipu9GKw&feature=kp

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
I am 29 but hate modern music with a passion, I can't stand it. It's not music, it's nonsense.

The majority of music I hear is so over-produced it's just garbage, and the amount of repeated lyrics in a song is beyond me to stretch it over 3 minutes.

I am a real 80s child, and touch upon 70s, 60s and 50s too. That was when music was real music, created by a real passion, a real talent and understanding for music and not fuelled by social media or the wider Media.

Rant over.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom