Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Could Possibly...

[member="Mythos"] [member="Nicademus Blith"]

Eddak had heard of the Ancient Eye through Commenori channels, but the names being mentioned he still didn't know much about. Blith Tech was a company Eddak had heard of a few times before, as when you're in the business of credits, you learn about other businesses. Still, Eddak felt this was all just a little new to him, deciding to strike up a general polite attitude with these newcomers. Galderra Royal Treasury had been contacted by a top head in Ancient Eye, as their Ancient Eye had taken a liking to the sturdy and well-crafted designs they created. Eddak didn't have much in the way of liking, or accessing, the Ancient Eye - not to dislike, but there wasn't a lot known about Ancient Eye - but Eddak saw an opportunity to help out his old friend, wanting to pay him back. Eddak told Mythos over the Holonet to meet him at Galderra Station in CSA space, at the Cantina so they could chat. Galderra Stations security was much more lax, compared to the Commenor Embassy half, so the most they would have to deal with is requesting docking permission and then they'd be giving a docking bay number, unless they took the shuttle.

"Ah, Eddak, I have found you," Vruumond said with a smile as he stepped towards the Cantina, seeing Eddak at the entrance. "Ah ha! Vruumond!" Eddak reached out to grab the mans shoulders, "I'm so glad you could make it! How is Galderra treating you? I never really get to see you off-duty anymore." Vruumond nodded as his smile grew bigger, reaching out to pat Eddaks shoulders, "you know your wondrous city treats me much more well than I need. What is it you have need of me on this day, friend?" Vruumond retracted his arms, as did Eddak as they stepped to the side, out of the direct way of the entrance but enough that they could still be spotted. "I'm making a business deal today, I had hoped you can help me make the final decision," Eddak offered, patting Vruumond on the back. "Oh, Eddak, haha, you know you don't need me to make decisions for you, what is this nonsense?" Vruumond replied. "Oh, I think I'll need you for this, my friend."

Go wrong? About a King and Emperor traveling alone in a single fighter under the cloak of darkness and stealth to meet a representative of a galactic power with a hatred for slavery and where he was still wanted in prison? Nothing could possibly go wrong, right? A king's work is never done, if The Ancient Eye could garner as much as a grain of power from this meeting then it was his personal duty to see this done and to gain whatever this man could offer his growing empire. Behind the cockpit of his fighters Mythos clashed his CSA credentials as well as CIS and TAE IFF tags when entering the orbit, they would know it was him one way or the other if they were so inclined to ask. He carried a load-out of weapons but it was not an army in itself, just agents of the NFA in a freighter behind him.

The ride was surprisingly smooth, the ship he piloted was clean cut and not meant for battles instead meant for cruising. The Luxury vessel arrived in dock and Mythos headed out to the meeting palace, it was supposed to be a cantina of some sort, now that threw him a bit on edge. Luckily his lightsaber and blaster were close by his side. Every time Mythos had entered a cantina in his life either a fight had broke out or someone got shot... well... not every time but most times.

[member="Eddak Manod"], Nobility, Merchant, Businessman, connections or shipbuilder himself. The files were clear and due to the fact the ancient eye had it's cross-hairs set on Mon Calamari perhaps some deal could be arranged... Perhaps something could be done to increase their power together. He sat on the edge of the cantina with a hood over his head and tilted his chin. So it was true as well... The man was force sensitive. "Mr. Manod. Good to see you"
[member="Nicademus Blith"]

Nicademus Blith

War as a business to end war as a business
While Mythos was not well acquainted with the business world Nicademus very much was. He was born and raised to do business. While most children sat and played with toys and ran around the school yard Nicademus sat in a study, practicing managing ledgers and helping file reports for the family business. He was what they referred to as "Old Money" people who inherited large fortunes rather than making them himself. He despised this status, being Old Money implied one was a rich snob who never worked a day in their life and went on extravagant pleasure cruises without a care in the world. That is why he left the family business and the chance at an easy fortune behind, leaving them to his sister. Instead he founded his own company and forged his own path, and through the process he had gathered many valuable assets, assets that many might find useful or desirable. He would be exchanging some of these assets for the benefit of his current main client, The Ancient Eye.

Nicademus, unlike [member="Mythos"], had no need for stealth, he was merely acting as a sort of middleman and bargaining chip for The Ancient Eye. Nicademus had a few things that he wanted as well, but the exchange that would be occurring today was merely diplomatic business. Nicademus met Mythos on the station, arriving in his own private shuttle-craft. Nicademus carried with him an innocuous leather briefcase. However inside this briefcase was one of the most valuable assets in the galaxy, in both prestige and value: The Title to Mon Calamari Shipyards. Nicademus had secured it in the chaos surrounding the disappearance of its previous owner, however he had not had the time to properly run the organization due to other matters. This offer alone was probably worth 10 times what The Ancient Eye would receive in return, but Nicademus had a job to do.

He made his way into the cantina where they would be meeting. It was about as innocuous as it got as far as meeting places went. They would not be watched here. He made his way over to his current employer, before introducing himself.

"Hello Mythos." He said with a simple nod.

"And greetings to you, King Manod of Pzob, I am Nicademus Blith, nice to meet you." He said, bowing "Now gentlemen, shall we get to business?"

[member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Mythos"] [member="Nicademus Blith"]

On time as always, Eddak liked it when he didn't have to delay plans. He was not a pretentious man, but as a low-class King (compared to the rest of the galaxy), he didn't get the luxury as others did. He ran his kingdom, with his own hands. Taking one day off practically shuts it down. "It is good to see you, gentlemen," Eddak bowed his head, wrapping an arm around his Admiral, Vruumond. "This is my First Admiral, Vruumond," Eddak continued, as Vruumond bowed his head in a soft, gentle manner. "Everyone is always like .... what is a First Admiral? It's nothing complicated. Think of a First Officer. I am the Captain and he is my First Officer. I lead the Navy but he effectively has full control. Anyway, lets get down to business, shall we?" Eddak offered as he removed his arm from around Vruumond, and leading everyone to a table nearby. It was slightly out of the way from prying ears, giving them a bit of privacy. Eddak sat down and Vruumond also took a seat, just as a waiter came along to leave some drinks. She gave Eddak some tea, and left three glasses of water, giving everyone a look to see if they wanted anything else before leaving. "Well, it seems we've discussed most terms over the Holonet; Blith continues to use products from Mon Calamari Shipyards, Galderra Royal Treasury produces ships for the Ancient Eye.... is there anything else?" Eddak asked, pulling a folder from his jacket and removing a piece of paper from it as Vruumond took a drink of water. The paper was the Agreement for the entire deal, so that everything could be in writing.

Nicademus Blith

Nicademus sat down at the table taking a sip of the water placed there for them before proceeding. Nicademus gave an acknowledging nod to Vruumond as he was introduced. Nicademus placed the briefcase on the table, rotating the combination lock in the correct position before clicking it open. He retrieved some documents from the case, and laid them out on the table, clicking a pen open and placing it down next to the paper. This paper was essentially a contract handing over Mon Calamari Shipyards to Mr. Manod, along with the other stipulations they had discussed earlier. All Nicademus wanted from the deal was continued access to Mon Calamari products and schematics, beyond that it was all his. Nicademus had not done much with the company, he did not have the time sadly, it was probably for the best for the people of Mon Calamari that somebody else run the company, they needed to remain competitive in order for their livelihoods to continue being viable, and Nicademus had not been able to provide that in the long run.

"I believe that was the deal, however if it isn't to much of a problem there is something more i wish to ask of you. Blith-Tech is preparing to begin a period of rapid expansion, and we are looking for opportunities for cooperation with other corporations. If you would not mind, we would like to seek your assistance to this end." He said

[member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Nicademus Blith"]

Eddak shook his head in an honest manner, handing over the paper with a pen; it held all the original terms of the deal that Eddak and Nicademus would follow. "That wouldn't be any problem, mister Blith. In fact, I should introduce you to Queen Kay sometime, she's the queen of Commenor Systems Alliance. She's helped my people and my company out a lot. In fact we're almost ready to expand ourselves, perhaps when I free up some more time we can meet again and figure out how we can assist each other? I should have enough time to get everything prepared." Eddak reached his hand out for the document Nicademus had and would take it when he was ready to hand it over for him to sign. "Perhaps we can help each other more than just a couple build contracts - of course I mean more active support; Galderra is always in the business of independence!" He gave a chuckle, smirking at Blith, thinking that this was a great contract to get into.

Mythos nodded when the man introduced his first admiral, the man did not speak but his hair and his features intrigued him greatly. It took him a great long time to narrow exactly what species did he belong to until he finally narrowed it down: Sephi. He perked up when he did, his eyes never leaving the imposing figure of the First Admiral. "What experience if you do not mind me asking, do you have in military combat? Have you been in naval battles? how many battles have you won" He said, bypassing the entire conversation of business and instead directly speaking to the Sephi across from him.

He turned to face Mannod with yellow eyes that shined brightly of both hate and intensity but a regal authority that reigned over an entire civilization. "Independence is a respectable trade Mr. Mannod but I am in the business of War. Both of you make weapons of war, both of you create things that i can employ for the devastation and dominance on the battlefield." His eyes turned back to Blith and he smiled, a little too close for comfort for his liking but he intended to keep the signature of his figure as silent and as sly as humanly possibly. "I will aid you in every contract and in every way possible that is within my reach Mr. Blith" His eyes then turned to Mannod with the same look and the slight curve of his lip showing a smile. "As I will you Mr. Mannod, Kay is my personal friend and will not only vouch for me but encorage your dealings with me"

He let the words hang as he slowly and almost calculatedly turned his eyes to the first admiral and tilted his head. One jeweled hand extended to point at him. "But he is a prize i would love to sport, I have many young officers and admirals i would like to be taught and trained, experience is something that money cannot buy." His eyes turned to Mannod once again and his head tilted even more, almost to an impossible angle. "Would you be willing to allow him to teach at Winter Moon to a class of Shrouded Republic officers? If so what would it take?"
[member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Nicademus Blith"]

Nicademus Blith

Nicademus let out a small laugh at Manods comment, but let Mythos speak first. He spoke about how they were both in the buisness of war. This was a true statement, in fact it was no less true than the fact that they were all sitting in a bar, discussing buisness.

"Mythos I appreciate the help, and you are very much correct in that we are both in the business of war, but I see things somewhat differently. I see war as a means to an end, in this galaxy the biggest business is war and if you want to make "the big bucks" the only real way to do that is through war. I have different ambitions than to continue to produce weapons of destruction, this is merely my way of bankrolling other, more important projects. It is the sad truth that the major powers do not put much towards research not pertaining to war, so I intend to try and help in that endeavor whenever I can. I am sure Mr. Manod feels a similar way about what we do, only sociopaths don't understand the consequences of what we do, however, it is a sad truth that many in our position are of that caliber." He said rather morosely.

This galaxy was far from perfect, but it was the one he lived in, for the past few decades the galaxy had done nothing but continuously fund wars and destruction, the common man suffered because of this. People had their homes demolished by the nearest invading army once every 10 or so years, maybe sooner depending on which world you lived on, Coruscant had been demolished and rebuilt one or two times, Alderaan, his home, got vongformed before recently being restored, Corellia got blown in two. War permeated this galaxy more so than it ever had before, and that was the sad sad truth of the matter. It was up to people like Nicademus to try and stop it, people with no ties to the various warring factions, with contacts everywhere and a large fortune to draw upon. This is the only way the galaxy would improve.

[member="Mythos"] [member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Mythos"]

Ailred looked formal and appropriate as Mythos started to speak to him. He didn't feel like he was important in this situation at all, and didn't even know why he was asked to be here... yet. However, the question intrigued him. The man must not know him at all. "I don't believe we had a chance to officially meet.... Lord Mythos, is it?" Ailred would extend a hand if he wished to shake hands as the humans tended to do. "Those I expect to meet, I like to personally find what I can in public records, to have some sort of understanding of what I may be getting involved in. I assure you, I mean no disrespect, ser. I like to know things I should not do in the presence of another, as I prefer not to offend. However, it seems you've never heard of me." Ailred nodded his head, "I appreciate the gesture; you taking my Kings word to mean more, as if the mere mention of my rank establishes my great many victories. It is truly unfortunate that I must disappoint you." Ailred leaned in on the table with his elbows, his hands clasping as he gently rested his chin on the laced fingers. "Nearly fifteen standard years ago, I had an encounter with the Galactic Empire. Only recently, had I stopped being arrogant and selfish. On our original homeworld, there were some of us who disagreed with how we treated the galactic wars of old, and feared our people would come into conflict again. You see, we originally sided against the Galactic Republic, and it lead to a bloodshed that my people rarely speak about anymore. Now, with another Galactic War looming just over the horizon, we left. We founded a new home for each other, but it wasn't soon after the Galactic Empire wished for us to join them. I say wish, to be respectful. They were not gentle, nor were they kind about thes situation. It was join, or leave. I think you understand, we did not leave, and we did not join them. I was not a military man, Lord Mythos. I was part of our religion. But I took it upon myself to lead our people as we would not fall into the same dismay as we did so long ago. We fought for weeks, and we weren't able to slow their advance." Ailred rested his hands as they parted, reaching for another drink, seeming as calm as ever, almost emotionless. He sat the glass back down and looked back up at Mythos. "My people were split, some wished to leave, some wished to stay. There was the side of the Families, and the side of the Warriors. We are not a hostile race, Lord Mythos, but we do wish to protect ourselves. We left. Long story short, we found Galderra, and Eddak opened his doors, gave us food, blankets, shelter, he provided more than I could ever ask for. I pledged myself to his service to repay him. The rank of First Admiral is, quite frankly, an honorary title." Ailred looked over at Eddak and slowly closed his eyes, giving a gentle bow. Eddak nodded back in a smilar manner. "I commanded the fleet in the recent Training Mission," he paused, turning back to Mythos, "under Commenor Systems Alliance as a trial run, as Eddak requested for me to. After I had been training in strategy with and without him for a long time now. He says I have good tactics, but my leadership needs improving. That is all of my experience, and all of my...." Ailred cleared his throat, "...achievements. I apologize, I have nothing more on the subject. However, if you feel I am useful enough, I can look into assisting the training of your people, as long as Eddak is fine with it."

He reached over for his drink again, casually taking a breath, sipping the glass, and sitting it in front of him. He gently laid his hands on his lap before giving Mythos a strong look. "If there is someone out there that you would like to train your men, you should graciously request the man next to me," Ailred tilted his head in a nod to Eddak, "Eddak has been on his own for over half his life, disadvantaged from the very beginning. His first sight of blood was of his own mother, his first fight; Gamorreans. His first struggle; living on his own. His first achievement; Becoming Captain of the Galderra Guard. He has not known about family, love, he has not known what it means to live; only to survive. After the Gamorreans, it was pirates, pirates who used Eddaks home as a slave farm, to take their children into wholesale, and he fought for years looking for the pirate king. And he did. It wasn't done there; then the same enemy that came for my people, came for his. Eddak has wild survival skills, first aid skills, technical skills, command skills, he's tactical, a strategist, a battlefield expert. More than half my training is from my best friend, and I trust no one else to get me out of trouble or to save me, than him. Eddak is not just a man, he's a legend. Even if he were to die, his people would not stop carrying out his legacy. Eddak is not just a great man by experience, but by fame. You may not have heard of him, I didn't, either. But if you fight him, you fight Galderra. You fight me. You fight Commenor. I would never recommend letting Eddak speak for myself on diplomatic matters, but the man has charisma, he has strength and determination. He is well-rounded, and I doubt you'd find a better man."

[member="Mythos"] | [member="Nicademus Blith"]

When Mythos disregarded Eddak for a moment and focused on Ailred with that question, he couldn't help but chuckle. It wasn't meant to insult his best friend, but - yeah, it was true. First Admiral is pretty much honorary. He didn't exactly earn it in battle, but he did earn it with his trust. When Ailred seemed to be finished, he was prepared to speak his mind. However, Ailred spoke up once more, and Eddak opened his eyes wide, in awe. For the first time in a very long time, Eddak had let his guard down. He was surprised, he was stunned, of course he saw Ailred as a best friend and someone he could trust, but he never thought anymore would speak on his behalf... in such a boasting manner. Eddak was more than surprised, he was speechless. As Ailred went on, he smiled, coming back to reality. He reached over to pat Ailred on the back, "He puts up a lot with me, he still manages to surprise me everyday. He comes from a fancy side of the galaxy, and I truck through mud just to give wave to the neighbor. An unlikely mix, eh?" Eddak chuckled as he shook AIlred a little, before turning back to Blith and Mythos. "But. There is something we need to establish, mister Mythos. I'm not in the business of independence as... a pacifist. Oh no, I support- I fight for freedom and independence." Eddak leaned back and crossed his arms, "Don't think I'm a threat to you; if the worlds and civilizations willingly fly your flag, it's not my business. But those like the Galactic Empire and First Order, when they subjugate worlds, it becomes my business. Sure, I don't much leave home... we can't afford offensive efforts. But you can be rest assured - if CSA feels it necessary to neutralize a world, I'll be there. With everything in my arsenal. Galderra Royal Treasury is not just a construction company, we. Built. War Machines. Maybe we built war... forts. But I can build god damn orbital cannons." Eddaks grin turned into a smirk as he looked at both of them, reaching his hands up, "So you see, guys, I do invest in weapons. If I knew your favorite weapon types I probably would have brought a crate of Galderra-made weapons, just to say hello." Eddak leaned back in his chair asd he laughed. When he came back down to the table, he pushed the paper over to Mythos so he could sign the agreement, "Hand me the contract, Miser Blith. Let's look to the future!"

Nicademus Blith

Nicademus listened to Ailred's details of his military service, he was incredibly detailed, he guessed that you never really forgot that sort of thing, being responsible for the lives of other was not an easily forgettable experience, that was for certain. However he seemed to know quite a bit from the top of his head, and his recounting took a good few minutes to say the least. He listened respectfully, not saying a word until the admiral was finished. He had a hard life to say the very least. Nicademus sympathized with the man's plight.

However then Eddak spoke, giving a similar monologue as Nicademus had done on the nature of his weapons production. It seemed very much so that Mr. Manod was in the buisness of liberation, overthrowing oppressive regimes and stopping suffering caused by said regimes, those were one of the few acceptable uses of Armed conflict in Nicademus' mind, however he was very much in the camp that asserted that it was not his business what was done with his weapon systems. Once they left his hands he was not responsible fro what happened, which many would find cold and distant but Nicademus called it remaining sane. He sold weapons as a means to an end, that end being the eventual overthrowing of the war economy that had overtaken the galaxy.

When Eddak finished off his monologue Nicademus simply nodded.

"Why yes. To the future!" He said with a facade of enthusiasm, handing the contract over. While he was optimistic in the long term, he knew that things would have to get worse before they got better, at least as far as the galaxy was concerned.

[member="Eddak Manod"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom