Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your thoughts on spice selling?

Aion Worp

Something meaningfull goes here.
So, I'm obviously asking because I've got a spice selling bussiness, and I've had no customers at all, I'd like to know why? Is it because, you would have no use for it in actual RP? Afraid of being caught by the Police?

Anyway, this is mostly why people don't like to RP NFUs since unless you make weapons/ships/combat items, you'll most likely you won't get success.

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
darths0236.jpg

[member="Aion Worp "]

Illigal stuff is kinda hard, I played as a Spice Dealer and now I'm an Arms Dealer. In these situations it's more of a character background then really a selling point.

Like how did you enter a cantina out of no where in the middle of Tatooine? Well for me it's cuz I was making an arms deal with a local gang and this special one was near by.

Getting customers is also a little weird, the more you get your name out there, the more your "NPC" buys there are. So it's more how you play it then Actually selling it, get what I mean?

[member="Aion Worp "]Ok, for starters, you're doing it wrong. Now I have never RPed Spice selling, but I was involved in the Cartel for a long time and right now I am in a joint crime ring (Of Spice selling and Slavery) with [member="Cadan Tazi"]. (Who is probably a better person to explain it, than I am) Your doing it like selling drugs to kids on the street avoiding cops, no one wants to RP that way in Star Wars. People want 1980s crazy motorboat chase cocaine cartel, like the Hutt Cartel. You have to make it a criminal enterprise that is interesting and not just 'shady'. And maybe span out from just selling spice to kids and find other crimes you and your criminal friends (Ya, you will want some friends) find interesting.

Aion Worp said:
Anyway, this is mostly why people don't like to RP NFUs since unless you make weapons/ships/combat items, you'll most likely you won't get success.
dbe63e20d4af7fbba0c0cc138a681347.jpg

One, low blow coming from the guy with a force user who managed to go from being a goody two shoes little padawan to a dark jedi padawan who was hunted by most and now is in prison. Yeah, that's going places. Two, very very untrue. I have been RPing on this site for 1 year and 3 months, Up until 5 days ago I have completely RPed NFUs, now lets see where they are now, one of them is a Grand Admiral of the First Order and is CEO of a trade company with two subsidiaries, one of which is ship building but is irrelevant to it's success, another, this one, was the head slaver of the illustrious Hutt Cartel and is in cahoots for a large crime ring, I could go on and on, but I have already made my point.

Finally, before complaining about how hard it is and asking why is no one buying, actually do it, you have 27 posts, that does not really look like you have done all too much in your 'drug empire'.

youre-joking-right.jpg

I may have been a little out there, but the context speaks for itself. If you want to be successful make it interesting. Also don't insult me people and then expect no one to get angry and make a rebuttal.

@Aion Worp

[member="Aion Worp "]

The main thing is whil selling illegal stuff is that NPC's are your largest buyer base, not the larger player base. The player base is more for making contracts to expand your business or developing new types of drugs, and so on. While playing a illegal sales company, you just gata think outside the box.

If you want I can thread with you and show you how it kinda works.

Come lets have a seat around the table and have a cup of tea shall we? I find having a cup of tea really helps to calm us all.

Alrighty first of all spice selling isn't so much selling it to PCs, it's more so selling it to NPCs. Say I'm in a post near a cantina, I'll have Cadan sell some spice to a man low on luck or something like that. Now I can't state this enough, I'm not really an expert at all! But it is always good to sort of enter something big, as Sareen said we are going spice and slavery, this way you can have sort of auctions where you will have an opportunity to flog off some spice.

I don't know, but I think what I want to say is make spice selling a secondary objective for you character. Cadan is primarily a mercenary that also sells spice.

Hopefully this helps you man, and if I see you selling in my cantinas I'll be coming for ya!

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
If you think selling illegal stuff like spice and deathsticks is hard, try shipping! And I'm not talking about smuggling here - we're talking about bulk freight, spacelines and whatnot. Admittedly I do a lot of contract threads, but the craziest idea I ever tried implementing for Star Tours was to enter a contract with a planetary government to build a dark-sided Force-nexus.

In my humble opinion, when selling spice go big or go home.

Now...in terms of shady underworld stuff, spice is for kids. Call me when you buy a bunch of bacta/kolto then decide to blow up and set fire to a farm supplying it. In the middle of a war. Then turn around and sell your supply at an extremely high price, effectively controlling the market. Strong arm the farmer into giving you a cut and restricting the market from then on. Makes it even more fun when you do it in a factions territory (most are willing to work with you with planning, bad guys are always needed).

TLDR ; Drop the drugs, graduate to adult stuff.

Judah Dashiell said:
In my humble opinion, when selling spice go big or go home.

Now...in terms of shady underworld stuff, spice is for kids. Call me when you buy a bunch of bacta/kolto then decide to blow up and set fire to a farm supplying it. In the middle of a war. Then turn around and sell your supply at an extremely high price, effectively controlling the market. Strong arm the farmer into giving you a cut and restricting the market from then on. Makes it even more fun when you do it in a factions territory (most are willing to work with you with planning, bad guys are always needed).

TLDR ; Drop the drugs, graduate to adult stuff.

All very good points.

[member="Aion Worp"]

What I was going to do a while back involving Vengeance the last time a Spice dealer PC was created is something along these lines.

Let said dealer use the political clout of Vengeance to expand distribution network. The bulk of clients is still NPCs however what you can do for longevity is use said network in terms of Dominion, skirmish, and Invasion objectives.

Dominion wise said Dealer can attract new clients debilitating the populace making them more pliable at the negotiation table. Nothing says follow me like being the only source of Spice for a city full of spice heads. Create demand, cut off supply, let spice heads jack up crime rate, come in fix supply, reduce crime rate, and so on.

Skirmish wise since Spice is a "no no" then have the goody goodies attack a warehouse or what not to attempt to disrupt supply. Invasion can be similar or more of an economy based objective if a large portion of the city/planets revenue is underworld spice based.

Hope that makes sense.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
If you're trying to find PC characters to buy regular ol' canon spice...you're doing it wrong.

Sorry to say but Spice is probably one of the most under utilized canon things in RP. Sure it's mentioned a lot, but off the top of my head I can really only think of two characters who I know use it 'regularly' and only one of those was actually RP'd as using it a ton. The fact is regular spice from canon just isn't that great, and lets be real most people don't really want to RP drug addicts.

Here's how you exceed at RP'ing a spice dealer as a character;

A. Sub a unique variant of spice that does other neat poodoo normal spice doesn't do. Several people have done this and said product was then used by several people, this is also way more effective because in theory your character could push this Variant of spice at all times.

B. Run your operation like a Cartel. You really don't need to actually 'sell' spice to any PC's, sure it would be neat, but it's not necessary. You can and 100% should expand your character's business through the selling of spice to NPC's, the funds from these sales should then be pushed towards other aspects. You can sub locations for labs, warehouses, ships to transport the spice, etc. Honestly RP'ing a Cartel is a ton of fun(I'm doing it right now), and it's really the most 'successful' way of being a spice dealer in RP.

These are pretty much the only viable options in my eyes, though there's always the third option of being the random spice dealer, and although that actually sounds fun to RP It's not really the way to create a spice 'business' since you'd essentially just sell small quantities that way anyway.

PS: Spice is actually huge in Star Wars. There is a massive galaxy wide market for dozens if not hundreds of different variants. Spice is literally Heroin, Cocaine, Acid, and even Pot rolled into one colloquial term. Spice was the lifeblood of several Hutt Empire's(You learn this in SWTOR and several comics). You absolutely can make a business out of it on SWRP you just have to do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom