Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are... Templars? (Templar/Ask)

Coruscant can be an interesting place when you've got nothing to do. In the shadow of the city's underworld, a lone figure walked among the crowds. To those who stole a quick glance, he was no more as conspicuous as the rest of them. It was the lowest part of the planet, anyway. Turning into a side street, the robed figure walked into a cantina and ordered his drink. While he waited, he casually looked to both sides to make sure he wasn't being followed. Nobody peeked out from the crowd, so he was good. Turning back to the bar, he took a sip of his drink.

@[member="Kara Avoyos"]

Courscant. A bustling city planet that seemed to never sleep. Each day was like anyother. Speeders flying around, cargo ships trudging on, A few people walked the streets of the great and magnificent upper city. However, below this great metropolis, lay a scums paradise of almost no rules. it seemed almost lawless, except for the few Jedi that patrolled down here. Every so often they would get into a fight with some backwater smuggler, or drunkard that wanted a challenge. Sadly for them they would lose. Even as I walked here, I saw one happening now. A Jedi Twi'lik was taking on a rough looking human. The beer belly on the man was his downfall. The blue Twi'lik simply stabbed the man in the stomach and smacked the training saber upon the mans head. It was over. Smiling I walked past, hiding my force signature from others.

I was not here as a Dark Jedi. I didn't dress in my Dark Rune armor. I would have been to noticeable in the white rune covered armor. No, if anyone asked I was Will Venza. A soldier for the Lords of the Fringe in stolen X-1 Combat armor from the CIS. I carried a simple blaster on my thigh and a few clips of ammo on my belt. A brown cloak was covering my armor to make it look like I was part of the scum here. However, I was hiding much more. Taking my saber and hiding it in with my pistol, it was hidden by a flap of clothing just on my thigh. And on my back was my sword hidden in a guncover to look like I was also carrying a rifle of somekind.

Walking down the streets, I got looks from others about how I was dressed. my helmet was covering up my entire face and the visor a nice dark green hid my blue and yellow eyes. The lime green HUD showed me what was with the armor. However I ignored it. I didnt need it. This was for show. Walking into a cantina I walked up to the bar and ordered a booth from where I could sit, and watch the show of dancers. The music was loud and powering to the dancers as they moved with grace. -as much grace as a rancor with a thorn in its foot-

Taking a look, A man walked into the bar soon after I did. He looked familiar in someway. looking like the rest of us, he blended in nicely. The simple smuggler look. While I had the Merc look. Standing at a tall 6'9" I seemed to tower over everyone. And with the Cammo green armor with a brown cloak and black to accent it. I had one mean look. For now I watched the young man as he took a drink, forgetting about the cute Human dancer that seemed to keep looking at me.
@[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

Xardus noticed a rough looking man sit next to his pace at the bar. At a first glance, one would mistake him for a military man. However, he knew better. The cloak did little to hide what he could clearly make out as a sword. Smirking softly, Xardus tried to delve into the mercenary's mind, only to find a cloud of darkness. Something wasn't right here. Paying for his drink, he decided to leave the bar instead of trying to investigate further. The other man was a force user, that much he knew. Xardus didn't need any Sith or Jedi on his tail.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

The young man must have caught onto me. He kept looking at me and even felt him try and prod my mind for who I may be. Sadly I didnt let him see who I was. Even though I could feel him now as a Force user, The little spark in the darkness had an all to much feeling that I had once felt before. Smiling as the young man left the bar, after paying for his drink. I stood up as well. Grabbing a writing utencil I wrote on a napkin a number to my room. I put the human dancers name, Miss Warren, most likely her dancing name. I left it on the table with a tip of 350 credits. I grabbed a beer from a man's hands and before he could say anything I had waved my hand, "This is my beer not yours." I was out the door as he was copying me.

I held the beer in my hand to act with the role of a Merc with an attitude. I followed the young man, as I was very much wondering who he was. but I could not follow him through the streets. Walking up to a fire escape I used the force to enhance my jump. Reaching the roof with ease. There was a City guard on top that would be prowling up top to find a stupid smuggler selling 'goods' he walked up to me with his hand raised telling me to stop. I threw the half empty bottle at him as a distraction while I set to use insanity. I dug my mind into his, not caring if I hurt him in the process. I pulled from every nightmare that he had as a Child, and made it stand before his eyes in place of me. The man started to scream in horror. I walked past him as he knelt down on his knees and begged that I wouldn't kill him. I smiled as I slammed my armored fist on his head. His eyes rolled up into his head and he fell over asleep.

I shook my head as I walked along the rooftop keying an eye for the man down below. Seeing him was easy as I could mask myself in the force. yet still feel his power waving through the close area.

Suddenly, Xardus felt a rift in the force. It was as if his deepest terrors were revealed to him, and then he died. Flinching, he realized he had just experienced te death of another. It was common enough, but this one was especially close. Looking around him, the man couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, but he knew something was wrong. Xards quickened his step and pulled his cloak tighter around him, his hood closer over his face. Something-or somebody-was stalking him.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I walked to the edge after letting the man fall. He wasn't dead, but almost there. I could see his chest rise and fall slowly as the wind blew at my brown cloak. I watched as the young man began to start to speed up and to hurry away from where he once was. He had felt what I had done. I was sure of it. he seemed to keep to himself alot more, now that the man had fallen. Smiling I grabbed my pistol and made my way across the roof. Coming to an edge I jumped off from one to the other. I looked only like a blur as I moved across the top. From the corner I knelt down and looked as the young man passed me. He was going somewhere. Now was my chance to confront him.

As he was nearing a corner I smiled. using the force I ran to the other side of the bend to where he could not see me at all. I dropped down quietly behind a poor man. Placing credits in his cup that he held, he praised me for saving his live, even though I knew that he would use it for alcohol. I took the hood off to show my entire helm and walked around the corner to come face to face with the lad. I tilted my head slightly, "Have I seen you before?" I had used the force to change my normal voice into a different one. Scraggly and hoarse, as though I had been smoking for 20 plus years.

Keeping his head low, Xardus tried once more to prod into the man's mind, but to no avail. He then scowled and walked the other way. Instead of talking, he made it clear that he didn't want to be followed. However, he knew it was inevitable. The criminal underworld was a large place. There had to be hundreds of dark alleys down here. Seeing one, he took the route and turned into the corner, running as soon as he cleared the other's line of sight. Augmenting the force, he jumped onto a staircase fifteen feet into the air. He would have a perfect view of his pursuer when he walked into the dark alley.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

The man started to walk away from me rather than answering. Smiling I followed after him like a cat after a mouse. Taking a few steps after him he turned around the corner and as soon as I turned, he was gone. I only smiled as the man was ether hiding, or he had gone somewhere else. I didnt want to expose anymore that I was a force user, So I could not look for him with the force. I had to find him with sight. Or heatvision....

I flicked a little tab on the arm of my armor and everything turned into reds, blues, oranges, and even some purples. However looking around the ally I didnt find anything, The closest thing to life was a rat that was digging in the trash. Smiling I knew where he went. I turned around and put my pistol up. Walking back the way I came. My vision returned to normal and I moved to the next ally over and jumped up once again. Smiling I walked across to the building that was on the ally where I saw the man disappear. Walking over to the edge I hoped to find myself above the man.

(OOC: I'm gonna try talking in first person for a while)

I watched from my perch on the staircase as the mercenary walked into the alley. He stood there for a minute or two, seemingly looking for me. Eventually, he gave up. Breathing a sigh of relief, I began my ascent up the remaining stairs. As I did so, my brain began to wander. Did he really give up? He didn't seem to me like the kind of person to just abandon a chase that easily. I would very soon get my answer as I almost ran straight into him on my way up. Growling with impatience, I jumped over him to the top of the roof and lit my saber, its orange light, illuminating the night around me. If this man wanted me so badly, he would have to fight for it.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

(OOC: Give it a go man!)

Smiling as the man was met face to face with me. He growled like a feral dog and jumped over me. His orange saber lit up the rooftop as we both stood there. Pulling my pistol from my hip as he jumped over me, I could see the anger in his eyes. Another testament to why he looked familiar. I raised the blaster to be aiming at the mans head. I knew that he was very capable of defending against it. However, I felt like exposing myself now. I let the blaster fall from my hand and clank on the roof. Smiling I grabbed my lightsaber in ignited it as well.

The Icy blue blade cast a light that sent the orange one to shame. My own saber was humming in a higher pitch than the other as I swung it. With a slight chuckle I spoke to him with my own voice. "Maybe next time, you should learn who you may be fighting against." My left arm seemed to explode in purple tendrils of electricity as I took a step forwards. "Now lets see if you can hold up to it." I balled up my hand into a fist then slowly expanding the armored fingers, I drew upon the force to create a ball of power. The power was known as a Sith seeker. A ball of lighting and the force was created. Smiling the ball had expanded to the size of a humans head when I could feel it wanting to explode. Smiling I sent it at the man with my arm thrusting it like an underhand spear.

As quickly as I had drawn my lightsaber, the mercenary revealed one of his own. It was an alluring ice blue, a color I had never before seen as a lightsaber blade. I could have wondered about it all night, but there were more pressing matters at hand. He had thrown a massive ball of electricity at me. Thinking fast, my body instantly dropped to thirty below zero. Fog and snow swirled around me, and no sooner did I created a wall of ice around me did it get shattered by the ball. Thankfully, it was now gone, leaving the two of us and the glow of our blades.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled as the attack that was sent his way, blocked by a wall of ice. Now that was something that I had not seen before. A rather good tactic to use on people if I don't say so. I started to walk forwards towards him. "Good, good." I slung my light saber to my side and then back at him as a large sign was ripped off from a nearby building to race at him. Only as it came closer he would see little tendrils of lightning arc around the frame. Smiling as I knew what would happen once it got close to his body. One word came to my head.... Boom.

"I see that not all of the wanderers of the Galaxy are not as weak as I thought." Came from my mouth. I could tell that he was not a Sith, nor a Jedi. First it was his blade, Most Jedi chose to have blue or a green, while Sith mainly chose red. But what confirmed it was that he was down here at a bar like a normal person rather than a Normal Jedi usually spent up above the slums in the gleaming cities. Taking more steps towards him. I would watch.

As the lightsaber returned to his hand, I could hear a loud groaning behind me. Looking in the direction of the noise, I witnessed as a large sign came crashing down. There was no time to move out of it's way, and I knew I wasn't strong enough to support it by myself. Calling on the force, I felt my essence slip away into oblivion. To the other warrior, my body would appear to be glowing a deep blue, the aura sending out ripples of light energy. The sign finished it's descent, but I was unharmed. Around me lay the remains of the wreckage, with a gaping hole where I stood. Finally letting go, I felt my energy drop drastically, and I became extremely dizzy. As I fell to the ground, my hood slipped off of my head, revealing my face to the man. I barely had enough time to generate a massive fireball and throw it at him before I slipped out of consciousness.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

The man was doing something weird. It was rather good looking, yet he didnt move. It didnt matter to me as he sent a Fire ball in my direction. Smiling I opened my hand and as the fireball came closer it slammed into my palm only to dissipate. I smiled and Brought my hand down to strike him with my saber when I saw his face. Xardus. I stopped my blade in mid swing as I stared at him. An old apprentice of mine, back when I was with the New Rebel Alliance. I deactivated my saber and took off my helm to see him clearly. He looked older, and more like a man, rather than a boy when we first met. His saber hand limply in his hand as he lay there in the darkness. I was already working before I even thought about it.

AN HOUR LATER
I sat in a room alone with my armor off only in my Robes. I had taken the young man to a room in the Inn that was nearby. I put him in the bed, just as he was, to sleep of the over use of power. That was about 45 minutes ago. I was in the next room Holding the saber that was in the man's hand. The lightsaber was nicely made, and well done. I looked at the designs of it as creator of lightsabers, I could see that he had put time and effort into this. Smiling I waited for him to wake.

(OOC: lol he didn't make the lightsaber, he's still using his father's)

I woke up once, but only maintained consciousness enough to notice I was being carried somewhere. There were frantic voices, then darkness once more. The next time I awoke, I had a splitting headache. Stars danced across my vision, and my limbs felt like they'd just been turned into mush. After trying to sit up a few times, only to fail each time, I finally gave up and looked around the small room. I could hear something to my right, but couldn't stretch my neck far enough to see. What had I done? I Rembrandt using force enlightenment plenty of times before. Even though it drained me, it had never been this severe. Suddenly feeling defensive, I fumbled around for my lightsaber. It was gone. "Where the frack am I?!", I screamed to anyone who would hear.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

(OOC: Darren doesn't know that! relax man I'll get there.)
I smiled as the saber was just being looked at in my hands, but I heard a yell of bloody murder from the bedroom. Standing up I ran into the small room where Xardus laid. Coming over to him I held my hands up. The saber in my left hand. "Hey, Xardus, Relax It's Darren Shaw!" I knew what he was thinking. I had experienced it once before. Only now, I was the one trying to explain to him what happened. "Relax you just fainted and so I brought you here to rest up."

I eyed my former master warily. "How do I know you don't mean me any harm? You tried to kill me! It took me a while, but I recognized your fighting style." I glared at the man as I saw my father's saber in his hand. "Give me that. You have no business with it."

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I didn't say a word as he ridiculed me. Said that I tried to kill him. I smiled and shook my head. I tossed him his lightsaber while I spoke finally, "You were the one who pulled a lightsaber on me. I call that you attacking first." I walked over to the sink an grabbed a cup. Filling it with water I spoke more, as I was facing the white faucet, "Yes, I could have shown myself to you, but I didnt know who you were until you fainted." Filling the glass halfway I brought it over to him showing him that he needed to drink. "This will help get rid of the headache. Xardus, you have changed since we last met and so I could not recognize you right away. Forgive me if you will."

I grabbed the water and downed the glass in one shot. Setting it down, I continued to watch him as he handed back my lightsaber. "I have changed, yes. Rubbing my chin, I could feel a beard sprouting outward. I needed a shave. Feeling a little less lightheaded, I found myself able to sit up, and flexed my arms a little. What are you doing on Coruscant? Last time we saw each other, it was Mustafar. That's a seriously long flight from here."

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled as he rubbed his chin. I could see little hairs that were sprouting from his chin and lip. Ever so small though. I grabbed the chair that was in the corner and straddled it, Nodding. "Very long time it seems, but have you know, I have been moving everywhere the past few years." I pulled my own saber from my belt and handed it to him. "This is my father's old saber. I believe that I told you that my father was a sith. Well I was wrong. He was a Jedi trying to infiltrate the Sith, but died in the process."

I looked at him for a reaction and what that may bring. "Yet, what comes best is that I found and saved my mother."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom