Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're Not All the Same (Open)

Coryth wandered slowly through the streets. Her clothing, simple attire of one who had long lived on the bare minimum. A simple black long sleeve shirt, a pair of dark slacks fitted to her tiny frame and a shortened grey cloak. At 4'11 she was short by modern standards and often still asked for ID of at bars even though it had been eight years since she was old enough to truly drink. Problems of the vertically challenged. Her feet, bare on the pavement, brutal scars criss-crossed the exposed flesh on the tops of her feet, and if one were to look closely the bottom as well. Those same scars, a veritable crosshatch pattern covered much of the woman's body, save for her hands, her neck and her face. She'd been spared in that. And even though said scars were just over a decade old the still were the same dark purple that they were the day she left the hospital.

It was a new day, on a world she had never before been. The name she could not recall for the transport she was on had problems in route and was diverted here. As to where exactly she was, the tiny redhead was not certain. The force seemed to be tugging at her, and here her senses were wide open as she moved onwards. Right now, she had no reason to hide her presence and felt no threats but at any point that could change, the Jedi Master fully aware of how quickly life tended to change. It was about the only thing that was guaranteed in the Universe.

The woman moved into a large open market, she had time to kill until the next transport went out. As the wind wrapped around her, tugging at her cloak, it seemed to have gotten stuck on her saber, and idly without a thought she reached up and tugged it from the weapon and shifted it back down around her. Her eyes had been focused on the elegant goods before her. And money a plenty these days with her job in the Protectorate, she was actually debating on a beautiful blue and silver pottery set that was on display. A thin smile on her lips as she leaned in looking it over.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Friends encounter each other in the weirdest of places.
Such was true for this instance.

Sammo was walking through the markets of the unknown planet, one of many steps of his long journey with no end or goal/
A smile drew on his face and shimmer sparked up in his eyes as he noticed a familiar short silhouette among the crowds.

Coming up from behind next to the missy, dodging the crowds of the busy market, he joined by her, softly speaking out the cheery voice
"Hrm, I was wondering miss, would you help me find the jelly section?"

Once Cory would turn she would recognize the smiling man, wearing a simple comfortable outfit with a leather spacer jacket over it.
Stern face that smiled at her from one of the many training sessions, particularity one in an apartment, featuring guidance on elements and arm-wrestling.

Velnir Took in his surroundings slowly. He's never been to a market before in the 26 years of his life. The large ammount of smells and people trading put him at a slight awe.
Taking a deep breath he noticed the man walking towards the female @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @Sammo Heche-Khe of Rae
He begins to Watch and listen to there conversation at a slight distance

@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Velnir Oruosana"]

Coryth turned hearing a familiar voice behind her. A slight chuckle came from the petite redhead. It was a small galaxy after all.

"Well now, I didn't expect to see you here. Hell I not even sure what planet this is." She said softly. "Transport had some mechanical issues and diverted here. So, I'm just killing time, have a day or two until I can get back on my way. Force being my guide these days. Just felt tugged and pulled at, away from the Protectorate, to take some leave. And alas, here I am. I'm certain the force will present it's reasons to me in due time, I just must be patient." The little Jedi Master always seemed to follow the force and her heart, and here she wasn't quite certain of the reasons but knew that all things would unfold as they should in due time.

She lifted a hand and pointed at a small stand just down a little from her. "I saw some fine jellies down there. Perhaps even some Corellian grape." A smirk one her lips, happy for a rare moment.

"So tell me, my friend ... What brings you here?"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @Velnir Oruosana
"Well, then, perhaps it is jelly time?"
He smirked with a nod as he glanced towards the direction she indicated, looking back to her he continued
"My journey brings me here, I have decided to take some time off and see the Galaxy like I did when I was younger."
He motioned in the vague direction of the local spaceport
"I will be docking here for few days, I suppose, if you want to stop by, you're welcome to."

He looked back to her with a grin
"Perhaps that is why the Force pulled you here and crossed our paths."

Sammo glanced around with his smirk and spark in his eyes
"Did you do something with your hair, by the way? They look rather springy."

Velnir Begins to move closer to the conversation Going to the closest Stand to the two. His Robe is large and black, his dark black eye-patch is almost impossible to avoid looking at. He looks to the two after making his way to the stand and says
"Good Afternoon." (If you are force sensitive you will feel his negative Energy) He Stares at the two.
@Coryth Elaris @Sammo Heche-Khe of Rae

@[member="Velnir Oruosana"] @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"]

Coryth giggled, "And so it just might be."

A nod followed, "Seems you and I aren't so different." Aside from the obvious that only she was really aware of. "I may just take you up on that. I don't fly, it ends so badly each time I do."

Something dark approached, and the smile started to fade. It wasn't danger yet that she sensed, but darkness. Turning seeing the man with the eyepatch, Master Elaris believed she had spotted the source. But she had no need for open confrontation. So long as he presented no threat to her, and did not harm anyone around her, things would end well. If not ... well, such was the nature of life.

"Perhaps it was. The Force behaves in the most strange ways." A hint of pink showed upon her cheeks, "Thanks for noticing, Alli dear friend of mine taught me a few things to do with it. Learned how to curl it. I've been so out of touch with the girly things all these years."

As the dark being approached, Coryth turned, slightly tense but not overtly so. Likely something Sammo would notice from her in a heart beat. He had that attention for details.

"Hello sir. A lovely afternoon, isn't it?" She said, trying to remain bright, not to let him know what she sensed or felt. "Can I help you?" Her voice light, kind and gentle. Matching of who she was.

Smirks before saying
"You know, this is my first time in the market, I also feel the force in you my dear."
He then begins to look at the man and says
"And who is this?"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Velnir Oruosana"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Sammo smirked at Cory
"Perhaps she is as wise teacher as I am."
He then rose an eyebrow at the change of her expression, his smirk did not fade from his face as he turned towards the eyepatch fellow
"I am a traveller, just as her."

He was not lying, for Sammo did travel often, and in his travel he knew the type of people not to hang around too long, he turned back to Cory
"Did you know that Clang got married last weeks on Ord Mantel?"
He slightly folded his arms on his chest, Clang was the name of one of Sammo's ropos, seems unlikely he would be one to marry but Sammo had something in mind when he said that
"It was quite lovely, I have some pictures to show you over Starcaf, if you have a moment."
From what he knew about Cory, it could be a good reason to get some distance between them and whoever the fellow was

@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Velnir Oruosana"]

She nodded, "Perhaps, if she can get me to do my hair ... then she's got to be good at it!" She kept up the rouse, trying to remain happy, bubbly as she could.

Travelers... Sounds about right. "Just making my way through the galaxy, nothing more. Nothing less."

Listening to Sammo, it was the oddity of his words. She knew Clang the sweet little Ropo. "Oh, really? I had no idea! And to think I didn't get an invite. What a shame." Still keeping to her upbeat self, or at least giving that expression.

"Well," She turned to the stranger for a moment, to offer a few kind words. "If it's your first time in a market, I suggest you check out all the art from different worlds, the jewelry and glass work. It's always worth viewing."

Then once more back to Sammo, somehow she had a feeling he was trying to protect her. Keep her safe, and for a change she wasn't going to fight it. Granted her presence in the force had been so open, showing both light and the darkness in equal amounts. A woman who could clearly go either way with it at a moment's notice. "I'd love to, since I missed out on the main event." As she turned away, her cloak fluttered in the wind, her saber showing clearly for a couple seconds before the pair started to head off to go get some Starcaf.

He notices the saber and looks to her before grinding his teeth. "Jedi...." He Whispered before turning to the man. He took a quick look at the man before turning quick showing his Saber. The Saber was bent at the handle and had odd markings on it. He walks infront of the girl and says this "Peace is a lie,there is only passion. Through passion I gain Strength. Through Strength, I gain power. Through power,I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." "Have they ever told you that, Jedi?"

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Velnir Oruosana"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Sammo rolled his eyes at the man's words, glancing to his hilt
"Hilt adapted to Makashi, the Second Form of the Classical Lightsaber Systems, the Way of Ysalamir."
He glanced back to Velnir
"The advantages it gives in Makashi are unbalanced by the fact that those knowledgeable in arts of lightsaber know right away that you are a practitioner of Makashi, while you may know other forms, the bent hilts are not as useful in other forms as standard hilts."
He reached to Coryth's back as the two of them began to walk away
"We are not Jedi, and just because you know a Sith code does not make you a Sith. Now, please mimic your hilt and bent away from us."

The man in the eye patch could not sense it, but Sammo had much longer past with the Order than the Coryth had, he would lead Cory back into the crowd, away from the young Sith apprentice. They were not seeking a fight on their small vacation, and his fight with them would must likely not take too long.

Varus Ren

V
@[member="Velnir Oruosana"]
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]
@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"]

"Well, I'm Jedi, and let me tell you, the only reason you aren't free in the first place is because you allow the dark to enslave you." Garth remarked as he landed beside the group as he leapt down from his perch. He looked to Sammo and at the saber he held and gave a smirk, twirling his own makashi-adapted saber in his hand, it was one of three he owned, his half-anzat nature made him feel a little more comfortable with each saber he had, each meant for it's own respective form.

"I agree my kind sir, curved-hilts don't seem to work well with any other form besides makashi, it's too cumbersome for them, and makes the movements awkward." Garth stated, looking at the group from under his hood, a small smirk on his face. He enjoyed dropping in on people, it made life so much more fun for the young Jedi Knight.

After hearing this he halted, Turned and walked back toward the newcomer, He looked at the young Jedi. "I watched my family get killed by you Jedi. And I can say that you are not what you say you are in your story's all you are is men that use strong will and wisdom to trick people like my parents into thinking the Jedi are good when clearly you are just as blood thirsty as you say the sith are. His Rage was becoming more apparent and he was beginning is breath heavily.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Garth Hummel"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Velnir Oruosana"]
Now another joined them, Sammo gave out internal sigh as there were more words, he turned about to speak up when his eyebrows rose slightly and he smirked at Garth's sight
"You were trained in Iron Knight's Academy on Abregado-Rae."
Sammo gave a slight wave in Garth's direction
"I remember when you were first brought in, I was working on the front desk."
He gave a more broader smile
"I would love to talk more about it, but not the best time with the eyepatch fellow with saber."
He motioned generally towards Velnir

Varus Ren

V
"You know how many friends I have whose life is the exact opposite of that? The Jedi I'm sure have made mistakes but the Sith, the Sith do it on purpose." Garth replied bluntly to @[member="Velnir Oruosana"] before turning to Sammo and shaking his head. "I'm afraid that wasn't me, but a friend of mine named Jarom Konners, we share a similar wardrobe." He explained with a shrug, as his thoughts drifted to his Thrysian friend momentarily.

@[member="Velnir Oruosana"] @[member="Garth Hummel"] @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"]

The Master merely watched the conversation unfold. Felt for the lad, for she knew pain unlike any other. Her own fiance murdered by the sith, her scars the result of another sith and yet a third stole her away for her visions of the future. Sammo and the other Jedi seemed to have handled everything without the need for her to lift a finger.

As the Sith left, reaching out as he walked away she touched upon his mind. I am a healer. I've only killed a single man whose life I desperately tried to save. I value all life, even above my own. I'm not the Jedi you know but I am sorry for your loss. I lost my fiance by the hands of a Sith, tortured brutally by a second merely for pleasure, and kidnapped by a third for my visions of the future. You are never alone in loss. But to not be so foolish to think that only the Jedi kill. I've lost everything to the sith but yet I never raised a hand to you, and I would never unless you chose to strike at me. Not all Jedi at the same. We're not all the same. You would do well to remember that.

With that she dropped out of his mind and let him go. Her eyes moved then to the two beside her. "Thank you both. Last thing I need is a confrontation with a little Sith. He was young, foolish and perhaps a little naive. But we all were at some point. I feel for his loss, but he lacks understanding. Lacks perspective."

Extending her hand she reached out to Garth. "I'm Master Coryth Elaris, and you are?" She spoke warmly. "Perhaps we all should find a quiet place to have lunch and chat. My treat." The little redhead offered, happy to enjoy a little time with like minded people as well as someone she considered a good friend.

Velnir was sitting in the cargo room with one other person. Just a worker on the trade ship, And as he heard the girl speak to him just as she said. "I am sorry for your loss." He Yelled at the top of his lunges "GET OUT OF MY HEAD, YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP." He Drew his saber and cut the worker down in a large amount of rage. Slicing the man in half he fell to his knees and waited for moments time. @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom