Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Wellspring of Life

n0m34qi.png

"Trust in the Force. Let it guide you."

The familiar, feminine voice spoke to Kahlil through the Force as he sat within the cockpit of the Bastion. Ahead of him was a sight very few Jedi would ever experience; a planet strong in the Light Side of the Force, believed by some to be the origins of all life in the Galaxy. As he approached it, none of his instruments were responding to his inputs anymore, and instead, it seemed as if they acted on their own, carefully guiding the ship into a path towards the surface.
For as long as his trust remained strong, the ship gradually slipped through the large cracks that covered the planet's surface and moved down through a slipstream of light that brought him into the Wellspring of Life. On entry, the comforting feeling of the Force calling out to him unrestrained would soothe the mind, but there was a sense of tension as well.
He was here with a task in mind, and one he could only complete alone.
oXKJHIg.jpg

Eventually, the bastion would slowly settle down on one of the many floating pieces of land, all of which were covered in plants and animals he'd never seen before. Strange birds were chirping, faceless animals were moving around but everything was at peace. There was no darkness on this world, nor in the heart of the creatures that called the Wellspring their home.

"Kahlil."

The voice was feminine but not one he heard before, calling out to his mind with a soft tone. Looking around, he wouldn't see anybody — just the wildlife and streams or bubbles of light flowing through the skies.
"You are late. We have been waiting for you."

n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

The call had come, or perhaps it had always been there. Buried beneath the attempt on Valery Noble Valery Noble 's life. His proposal. The birth of their daughter. So many important moments in their lives that he wouldn't miss for the Galaxy. Or the Force, apparently. But as things began to settle, he could hear it. The call pulling him ever closer to the embrace he once had in the Force.

Now he was here. The Bastion took over on it's own. The Force did. Either way it didn't matter. Kahlil got up from his seat, letting the ship do what it wanted. The Force called him here, and he was far pressed from fighting against it now.

The ramp lowered as his ship touched down, and he stepped out. Blinking, searching. A world of Light. The.. Wellspring? Wait, how'd he know that? Intuition seemed to fill in the blanks on where he was. Then a voice. He blinked, raised a brow. Scanned. .. Nothing.

"Sorry, distracted. But I'm here now. .. Where are you?"

n0m34qi.png

"I'm here; to guide you."

9vu9mI5.jpg
From the corners of his eyes, Kahlil would spot a floating orb of light approaching, strong in the Force and somehow deeply connected to this place. The voice he heard originated from it and when it finally got close enough, a bright flash of light would briefly blind him.
As the light dimmed, a tall figure in black robes appeared in front of him, hovering just a few inches above the ground while she studied the man who had traveled here. Her brief touch with the surface below caused plants to spontaneously emerge from the soil, its life force further emphasizing the role of this world.
"Knight Kahlil Zambrano," she said, the ethereal voice echoing within his mind.
"Long have we watched and studied you, as we always do with those strong in the Force." She continued.
"But no longer do you feel its call as vibrantly, and even the other can not restore what has been lost."
The woman then turned around and hovered in place for just a moment.
"Now, come, if we are to begin."
The figure began to move through the dense jungle-like world around them and as she did, plants seemed to move out of the way to clear the path forward. That was until they reached a large structure in the middle of the jungle.
In front of him, a closed door.
"Are you willing?"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

A Force Priestess?

As the masked visage of the woman emerged from the light, that was the only thought he had. Obscure lore, hidden deep within Sith Libraries. His past, where he would study any and everything he could about the Force, had lead him across them. The ultimate enemy of the Sith, as the book described them. He just assumed they were rumors. Now there was one standin- er, floating, in front of him.

Well.

He walked forward, not hesitating, not questioning. There were crazier things in his life, like the clone copy of himself that his father was going to use as a vessel. Who tried to kill his fiance. This was pretty tame. He reached out, opening the door.

"Willing and able."

n0m34qi.png
The priestess didn't respond and simply turned around. After a quick gesture with the hand, the door into the building opened up, and Kahlil would be guided down towards the center. It was completely dark inside aside from the circular patterns of light that covered the floors and walls.
The priestess then raised her arms and spoke.
"Cousins, I have a guest."
Immediately, several more similar figures appeared but each one carried a distinct expression. The five had appeared, representing serenity, joy, anger, confusion, and sadness through their white masks
UX2yLnH.jpg

"You should not have brought him before us." anger said.
"Nonsense, his potential with the Force is beyond powerful. Especially with her." joy replied.
"W-why is he here?" sadness asked before she moved in front of Kahlil to ask him the important question.
"Why are you here?"

n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Alright, now he figured he must be dreaming, or something close to it. Here with the other four priestesses it was obvious he'd made it to the heart of the Force. But for rumors and mystery of where the Sith wanted to destroy to be real? Where he grew up at one point hoping his father would succeed in destroying it, if it was a real place? He laughed. Full on laughter, even as the priestesses spoke amongst one another.

It took him a moment to recover from his laughing fit. Standing up straight again, wiping at his eyes with a smile.

"Honestly, I have no idea. The Force called, and I answered. Now I'm here. .. Why did you want me here?"

n0m34qi.png
"Honestly, I have no idea. The Force called, and I answered. Now I'm here. .. Why did you want me here?"
Anger immediately moved forward, getting right up in his face to stare him down while the others remained behind, just watching him. "He doesn't even know why he's here."
"He let the Force guide him, as all Jedi should." Joy retorted.
hMIdHxT.jpg

"It's i-impossible. He will disappoint us... he will disappoint himself." sadness added but serenity stepped forward and raised her hands to wave away the concerns of the others.
"His destiny is already set. It is not for us to decide."
"But why him?" anger demanded.
"The potential of his bond is immeasurable, his actions are a necessary Beacon of Light."
"But he must first be restored. To center himself, to save her, and to fight the darkness."
Anger was having none of it, however, and moved in front of Kahlil again, the mask staring him down. "Do you realize what you must do? What you must face?"
Regardless of his answer, Serenity's voice broke through again, directed at Kahlil.
Do I have blessing that the trial can begin?

n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Now they were speaking in riddles. Kahlil raised a brow, glancing to Anger. But before he could respond the others did. Though, what was this about saving her? Saving who? He tilted his head, letting that question linger in his mind for a moment. Then again, Anger asked questions. Ones he too wanted answers to. His gaze shifted to Serenity, the smile turning to a frown.

"No, wait. The mads one has a point. Why am I doing this? What am I doing?"

n0m34qi.png
"He's c-confused..." confusion said in response to his question.
"He seeks clarity" Joy said in his defense.
priestess_2.JPG

The five moved in front Kahlil again, but serenity stepped forward to lead the conversation and looked at him. "Your role in the future of this Galaxy is important. But first, you must feel the Force's embrace again. That is why you're here, at the heart of the Force." she explained, likely confirming much of what he believed already.
"The rest will become clear with time." Joy added — he still had questions, but their answers were not to be revealed yet. Not here, and not by them.
"He will disappoint us."
"He has proven himself worthy. He has faced himself, and his darkness. Now he must gain clarity."
Serenity looked at Kahlil and the others stepped around him in a circle now, looking down at the tall man.
"You must enter the valley of extinction and face your final trial. You will see all of our faces there, and they will try to seduce you. But before you go, do you travel only with good intention, and light in your heart?"

n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Well that answered nothing. The frown remained as Kahlil scratched at the back of his neck, glancing through to the various masked women. So this was another trial then? Face the emotions they represent and stay above. He closed his eyes for a moment. Did he walk with light in his heart?

"As much as anyone can, I imagine." He laughed, shrugging his shoulders.

"Or at least that's what I like to think. I'm sure we'll see soon enough, right?"

n0m34qi.png
"Then the blessing, I give, and the trial will begin."
All five Force Priestesses were in a circle around Kahlil and joined hands together. They suddenly began to spin rapidly around the man, so fast that if he were to focus on one point, it seemed as if a single figure remained that alternated between the five expressions they represented. And as they moved, they spoke in Unison.
"It is so. We are one, and one is all."
"Do not disappoint us."
The rapid motion of the priestesses around him began to transition into a bright flash of light, taking his vision away until Kahlil found himself on his back, laying within the jungle area of the planet again. But unlike before, a tunnel was before him — his only route forward, leading into the valley of extinction.
But as he moved through, he began to hear familiar voices as whispers along the currents of the wind.
"Boss! Over here!" Rhemti's voice called out.
"No... please..." Valery's voice screamed, creating an echo that kept bouncing around until the tunnel within the jungle transitioned into a familiar building, albeit one shrouded in darkness. He was within the halls of the Praxeum but ahead of him, he spotted bodies on the floor.
First, familiar Padawans and Knights who he had met, but quickly he'd see the lifeless body of his own Padawan. Whether he moved over to take a closer look or not, it would be clear to him that nothing could be done.
"Kahlil please... help me," Valery said with a strained voice. Further in the hall, Valery was on hands and knees, trembling from an immense pain that even in this world he could feel. What he saw looked familiar, but worse than last time — she was dying.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He half expected to go through another door to start this trial. And that's exactly what didn't happen. Kahlil blinked, trying to keep his sight. But there was no keeping it. Blinded for a moment, he covered his face, tried to look away. Then he was back. Except not. Curiously he peered ahead, walking through the darkness to step out into.. A jungle? Huh. Well, not the first time he'd been transported somewhere else.

"Boss! Over here!"

Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam ?

He blinked, turning his gaze to where he heard the call.

"No... please..."

Valery. Immediately he took off in a run. Vision? Not? Hard to tell when he could appear at Valery's side with little reason. Then.. His dead Padawan. Confusion. That's all he felt as he slowed his run to look among the dead. What was this? What was the purpose of this vision? This couldn't be real, could it?

"Kahlil please... help me,"

Then Valery. He blinked, looking at her. Then immediately went to her side, pulling her to his lap. Scrambling to find her wound. To fix it. They'd done this before right? She could still be saved. She had to be saved.

"What happened?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery felt weak and frail as he pulled her into his lap, her eyes barely able to remain open but there was no wound. Nothing about her body showed any signs of damage, yet she was in incredible pain. Looking up into his eyes, she began to cough until even that sparked so much pain that she gritted her teeth.
"I'm.... dying," she muttered.
"You promised we'd be together, no matter what." Tears began to roll down her cheeks and again, she coughed and physically curled up from the pain that shot through her chest.
"We were going to get married..." she cried.
"Why... did you..." She couldn't finish her sentence, and her eyes slowly closed, her body completely still as the life faded from her. Within his arms, Kahlil could only watch her die a painful death that for some reason, even the dyad could not heal. The man was then left in silence with whatever emotions he felt.
A silence that likely seemed to last very long. But after a moment, a voice came through that carried a familiar feeling.
"Kahlil, my son." the woman said as she watched him with Valery dead in his arms. Stepping out of the shadows, her yellow eyes and white hair would be visible, but whether or not the appearance looked familiar, he'd feel as if he knew her.
"Let me take you away from your confusion, your anger, your sadness."
The woman, whose presence felt familiar, stepped forward and offered her hand, as well as a comforting smile. Like a mother to their son. "Come with me, and you'll never know pain, never know sadness."
"Close your eyes, and I will guide you."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

This had to be a vision, right? His gaze lingered on Valery Noble Valery Noble as he tried to stop her from dying there. In his arms. But.. It felt real. .. It didn't matter if it was real. He put his all into trying to stop it, to heal the wound, bring her back. But nothing worked. Too numb, he just stared.

"Kahlil, my son."

He blinked, lifting his gaze to the new voice. Someone..? No, that wasn't possible. His lips thinned as he stared up at the silver haired woman. His mother. He listened in silence as she made her offer. To take him from pain and sadness. He stood, gently lowering Valery from his hold. Closing her eyes. She already felt cold to touch. His gaze finally settled on his mother again, a sad smile forming.

"It's good to see you again mother. .. She was to be my wife, you know." His gaze fell back to Valery. So still, so pale.

"We have a daughter. Your grandchild. .. Dad keeps trying to tempt back to the Dark. He even made a clone. Maybe who did all this, really. I don't think dad appreciates me being a Jedi. Or my siblings. But it's what I am. A Jedi." He turned from her then. From Valery. From his Padawan.

"If we don't protect people, no one else will. Not the way we do. .. So be proud, okay?" He didn't look back, instead walking forward. Ever forward. If this was real, fake, it didn't matter. He needed to keep moving.

n0m34qi.png
His mother pulled back her hand when Kahlil didn't take it, and for a moment she looked confused. As he spoke and explained his true path — what he really was, and why it was so important — her expression saddened but she made no move to stop him. Instead, she watched him move away, leaving behind the bodies of those close to him.
Kahlil then passed through what seemed like another long hallway with no end in sight. But as the room that looked like the Temple faded into the background, another bright flash of light took him into a different Temple. This one looked Sith in nature, dark and corrupted to the core.
Then, another voice. One was extremely familiar but something was off about her.
"Hello, love."
YuhBys2.jpg

With her two signature lightsabers ignited, Valery stared Kahlil down but something was different about her. The outfit she wore was completely black, her eyes were filled with corruption and her expression was no longer sweet and soft the way it always was when she looked at him.
The incorruptible Jedi stood before him, tainted by the Dark.
"It has been too long." She said as she looked at him with a twisted grin.
"Have you come to finally put an end to this?"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

The relief that it was a vision as he stepped through was immediate. He just about dropped to his knees, closing his eyes. Taking a moment to relax. Breath. Not that he had long. The hum of a lightsaber, the familiar presence of Valery. .. No, not familiar. Kahlil stood, peering over the bridge. Through the darkness.

"It has been too long." She said as she looked at him with a twisted grin. "Have you come to finally put an end to this?"

Another vision. He stood, hands down by his side. Just watching. Valery, but.. Sith? His eyes narrowed. ".. Alright, I'll go along. Put an end to what, exactly?"

n0m34qi.png
"To us, of course."
She spoke with hatred in her tone, and her gaze betrayed the feelings that seemed impossible from her. Every look she had ever given him was filled only with love, and a desire to be with him. To be close. But the way she looked at him now felt different — cold and distant.
"Draw your weapon and face me." She said as her feet began to shift to a more combat-appropriate distance. Everything about her stance, her feelings towards him, and the way she carried herself felt unreal. But while the woman was preparing herself to fight until the death, a voice faintly reached the edges of his mind.
"I love you."
But while he heard it clearly, the corrupted Valery did not. She just looked at him, waiting for whatever he was going to do next.
"Well?"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He blinked.

No, this made no sense. His eyes narrowed as this echo of Valery Noble Valery Noble spoke with such hate and anger. But to tell him to draw his weapon? Fight her? He just shook his head. Shifted his hands up in the most non threatening way he could. "I'm not going to fight you, Valery. Vision or not. Dark or not."

n0m34qi.png
"What?"
She looked at him as if he had greatly insulted her, angered and with that same, cold hatred. For a moment, she stared at him in silence but when it became clear that he wasn't going to fight her, she gritted her teeth and drew both her blades up, ready for a killing move.
"Fine." she said, her eyes glowing a deep ready.
With a burst of speed, she moved towards Kahlil and swept her two violet blades to strike him down. But as she reached him, that same bright flash of light drew him out of the illusion, returning him back to the strange tunnel within the jungle. This time, though, there was no other room at the end of it.
He saw a vast lake and just above the water line, that orb of light was hovering again.
"You have done well." the voice of serenity said.
"No matter what you see ahead of yourself, you retain the clarity to understand what must be done. You don't give up on who you are when confronted with our faces, in hopes of avoiding them. You are a Jedi, and Jedi are deep manifestations of the Force." she continued in the same, somewhat cryptic manner.
"When you leave this world, the Force will be with you again, as you've proven yourself worthy. But your journey is not over yet."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil closed his eyes, trusting in the Force. Valery Noble Valery Noble would never fall to the dark. She would not hurt him, not even here. He heard the hum of the lightsaber come close, so close as to burn flesh. But where he should've felt the sting of the blade, he felt nothing. The hum was gone. .. The dark was gone. He opened his eyes. Back where he started. His gaze lifted to the orb, watching it for a moment. Curious.

"No matter what you see ahead of yourself, you retain the clarity to understand what must be done. You don't give up on who you are when confronted with our faces, in hopes of avoiding them. You are a Jedi, and Jedi are deep manifestations of the Force." she continued in the same, somewhat cryptic manner. "When you leave this world, the Force will be with you again, as you've proven yourself worthy. But your journey is not over yet."

He blinked, watching the orb.

".. Where next? Can you tell me that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom